#21 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

If you contact the Senior Moderator or myself in Private Message we can discuss your individual cases with you. It would be a gross breach of privacy to discuss them in public but we really would like to help you understand what's happened in the past. Please do take me up on this. 

• unnie likes this

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#22 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for that offer.  It shows you are willing to listen to the complaints. 

But the Freedom of Speech is still questionable. 

#23 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • World:US2
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for that offer.  It shows you are willing to listen to the complaints. 

But the Freedom of Speech is still questionable. 

Once again, freedom of speech is not something that's automatically handed out to registered forum members. It would be written loud and clear in the Terms of Service, if it were. Now - we can, and should talk about the moderation of open discussion.

It is true, as many of you state, that moderators are "only moderators". Some people think that means that we only act when we see an infraction, but nothing more. Then there are those, more "progressive-minded" people that think that moderators are here to act on breaches of the rules, to follow and take part in conversations. Maybe sometimes start topics regarding some specific area or aspect of the game. That would also mean, that these mods would do things like what I now do - reply to your semi-complaints, and try to help you understand the situation and environment we find ourselves in.

Furthermore, suggesting and expressing opinions is fine, but after registering and accepting our ways of using the forums - it's not very helpful to then start asking for more rights for oneself. 

Last but not least, you are free to discuss and talk without being afraid of our ways and policies regarding moderation. If there is something we see that's clearly an infraction, eg. public discussion of ones punishments or let's say game support tickets - then we will do what we're here to do - moderate the discussion - and therefore remove what doesn't belong.

The rules are sometimes open to interpretation, and it's you yourselves who decides how we interpret them, when you post in the forum.

Thank you for bothering to read this, and I really hope that you would stop fearing suspensions. 

Yours sincerely,

Tomas Luoto

P.S. There is no such thing as a 13-day ban/suspension. The only explanation is a glitch in the account, which game support can fix with a simple request by opening a ticket and giving the proper data of the respective account.

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

#24 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

Well, I know I go out of my way to not say anything that is harmful.  But I also do know that a whole post I made is gone from this thread.  I'm a peace and not war kind of person.  So I don't get why my stuff was removed.  I'm the nicest person on these servers :P :P

But I guess that is a prime opportunity to make the point of the whole thread right?  Removal of posts that didn't violate anything---makes you go hmmmm.

And when a person gets suspended for making two posts in a row that contribute to the thread---it can make you go  double hmmmm.

#25 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

I don't get why my stuff was removed.  I'm the nicest person on these servers :P :P

But I guess that is a prime opportunity to make the point of the whole thread right?  Removal of posts that didn't violate anything---makes you go hmmmm.

And when a person gets suspended for making two posts in a row that contribute to the thread---it can make you go  double hmmmm.

After a triple-check, nobody has hidden away any of your postings here in this disuccusion thread. You must've confused maybe this thread with another?

• npe likes this

#26 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

unnie---I can be a dork----so that is a total possibility!  Thanks for checking

#27 DPK

DPK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

I have been playing MMO's for years. 13 years to be exact. It has been my experience that when the game stops listening to it clients the clients end the game by not logging in. People here have payed 10's of thousands of dollars on donuts. Shame on this game...

Flame Master EST. 2003

#28 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

I have been playing MMO's for years. 13 years to be exact. It has been my experience that when the game stops listening to it clients the clients end the game by not logging in. People here have payed 10's of thousands of dollars on donuts. Shame on this game...

Granted, there is improvement to be done. I must also emphasise the fact, that nothing happens in a heartbeat. So, let's all do what we can, to make both the game and the community nicer for all of us. 

#29 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

I feel like some of the mods only take certain people's sides in cases and not help anyone else

#30 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

I feel like some of the mods only take certain people's sides in cases and not help anyone else

Please, go to support.herozerogame.com and complain. Public discussion about our work is not something we want here. The line has to be drawn somewhere, wouldn't you agree?

#31 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

I guess so

• unnie likes this

#32 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

I'll be honest.  I think if I was a mod, I wouldn't want people to discuss my work either.  But now that is unfair to silence people who may disagree with what you do.  Having open discussion is what allows for change.  Keeps mods honest too.  I was shown a thread earlier today that shows mods talking with their friends that play on one of the servers.  If a mod has friends on the server there needs to be an oversight of that as well.  I know it would be difficult for me to not favor my friends on the server.  And I know me---I am as fair as they come.  But it is human to favor your friends.  You would have to work really hard not to favor them. Now this is not a complaint.  Just an observation and an opinion.  Maybe don't silence criticism.  Maybe instead, just expect it to be expressed in a respectful fashion.

#33 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

Well we do have friends in the game - that's the reason we play. We're only moderators in the game because we play the game.

But our work is overseen by HZ employees - moderators from other servers, admins, and so on. I'm more supervised in this voluntary role than I am in my day job. Any kind of bias will be quickly picked up by other members of the team. And other players are always quick to spot what's going on - all we ask is that specific complaints are addressed through PM to the Senior Moderator - that's been the same on other forums where I've been active.  

Remember, you don't always know what's going on... In a previous game forum I moderated I was accused of favouring a particular team (we'll call them Team D) with a decision that was made against another forum user. The truth was that in-game I hated the guys in Team D over some in-game stuff - but in the forum the decision was the right one, the fair one and it went in their favour. I might appear polite and friendly in the forum. I might appear to have "history" with some guys. But that doesn't mean I'll be biased in their favour. 

Cute Kitten's comment sounded like there was a particular incident/incidents that had prompted it and that is worth asking for more details about in case there's truth to it. That demonstrates a commitment to fairness on the part of our Senior Moderator. But asking for it to be dealt with in private message is also fair. It's not only the moderator's side that would be laid bare if it were discussed in forum - the players/posters' would also. That might be something they'd rather not see discussed in public. 

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#34 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Well if you guys are playing US2 look at the exp tourney and look at the person that is rank 1 I'm curious as to how he got that many exp points

#35 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

This was accomplished from months of saving coins, and then claiming all of the rewards from the shopping frenzy deeds. There are big exp rewards for some of those deeds.

• unnie likes this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#36 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

I see I wasnt sure if that was the reason or if it was something else thanks

#37 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

I can truly understand withholding info on personal issues.  Everyone deserves their privacy for instance.  And if there is an oversight of mods and their friendships on the server----can't ask for more than that.  I pretty much am an advocate for discussing almost anything as long as it is done in a respectful manner.

#38 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

There was a personal issue that was here this morning that is now removed. But the owner of said forum said he was sending it to the HQ if they take it off here and I'm guessing he did.

#39 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

Freedom of speech is a tricky thing. I was a moderator in a forum for a previous game I played. There is very little activity here as compared to what we had in our forum.  I was warned about unexplained bans with no warnings so I have stayed away from this forum and I know others have as well. If you are afraid to speak for fear of being banned like a lot of people were when the in rush of players from the old game first started last august then the forum dies or becomes inactivate. It sent a signal that whether it was intended or not that the creators/ moderators of this game did not care about new players. If you don't understand the rules too bad was the impression I got. Forums can be great places for feedback and ways to get players excited about upcoming events and changes. Most people I talk to won't post here for fear of being edited or banned so their voice is cut off and not heard.....That is my thoughts and not yours, thankyou for listening

• CuteKitten likes this

#40 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

Freedom of speech is a tricky thing. I was a moderator in a forum for a previous game I played. There is very little activity here as compared to what we had in our forum.  I was warned about unexplained bans with no warnings so I have stayed away from this forum and I know others have as well. If you are afraid to speak for fear of being banned like a lot of people were when the in rush of players from the old game first started last august then the forum dies or becomes inactivate. It sent a signal that whether it was intended or not that the creators/ moderators of this game did not care about new players. If you don't understand the rules too bad was the impression I got. Forums can be great places for feedback and ways to get players excited about upcoming events and changes. Most people I talk to won't post here for fear of being edited or banned so their voice is cut off and not heard.....That is my thoughts and not yours, thank you for listening

There were misunderstandings on both sides of the coin during that period...

Most, if not all, who are active on the forum today, would admit that things have improved in recent months.

While the rules we all agreed to to gain access to these forums will still be upheld, and bans in some cases may still be necessary, this thread itself provides proof that the opinions of the forum users DO matter to us, the moderators.

What has to be remembered is that these forums are not the forums of 'another game'., and the developers and administrators have set different  rules in this case, so to avoid misunderstanding  the rules of this forum should be read and understood.  (  http://forum.us.hero...d-terms-of-use/ )

Contrary to popular belief, banning forum users does NOT "make our day" as moderators.  We do it when we must.

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users