• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn my cloud.
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • World:US1
  • Character:ATR

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

I for one enjoy this game ( mostly ) but I would prefer some control over an element of the game player ie PVP.

I would like to be able to control offensive and defensive capabilities, even a simple system of allowing players to select where they throw an item or dodge.

This could be as simple selecting Left Middle Right in a field, this would determine if your offensive action inflicts any damage. Similar model could be used for defensive, with LMR being selected from 4 boxes each repeated until combat is complete.

#2 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Instead of the automated battles we have now how about something like this (borrowing a page from other games):

Have an adrenalin system whereas each successful normal attack increases your adrenalin bar by a percentage.  Once the bar reaches 100% you can unleash an Ultimate.

Ultimates could be variations of both offensive and defensive maneuvers.  For example:

Superstrike! (2.5x normal dmg, can be evaded).  Can be used at 50% Ultimate

Missile volley! (Launches a devastating ranged attack depleting 12 equipped missiles but always crits)  Can be used at 75% Ultimate

Sidekicked-to-the-curb! (Channels a beam to disable the enemy player's sidekick completely making them lose all related advantages for the duration of the fight). Usable at 100% Ultimate only.

Defensive Shield! (During the enemy's next 3 attacks, reduces incoming dmg from all sources (including Ultimates) by 50%).  Can be used at 50% Ultimate.

Healing Aura! (Player recovers 10% of maximum stamina after the next 4 enemy attacks). Can be used at 75% Ultimate.

SuperSidekickSpecial!!! (The effects of your sidekick are effectively doubled for the duration of the fight (double stat gains, dmg from skills, etc.).  Usable at 100% Ultimate only.

These are just a few ideas.  Would definitely make battles much more engaging and even tactical to a degree instead of the usual "skip" button press I do now.

• A T R and incredible9 like this

#3 A T R

A T R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn my cloud.
  • Character:ATR

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

What a wonderful idea truly engaging allowing to players and emote with their character.

If a person feels they have some control they are more likely to invest emotionally and financially into something :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terribull, argh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users