LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:50 AM

ROFL---OH MY GOSH ----just the thoughts of that Ouch makes me laugh so much.  Thank you for that. 

The Lionheart and Richter thing---well they were trying to drop ONE trophy on  you guys.  But they changed their mind.  Wasn't a big deal. 

And yes, we did and were able to take trophies from VV and LL.  It takes WORK. 

What happened within the team if anyone wants to know ---you can PM me----I may or may not tell you though depending on  who you are.

Edited by LittleOne, 31 January 2016 - 04:02 AM.

• Maniac likes this

#62 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

I'm good then I dont need to know

• Ouch likes this

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#63 Bobmeister

Bobmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oooo
  • Team:Universal Supersavers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Bobmeister

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:04 AM

Please keep the discussion about the situation guys, we're drifting away from the topic at hand here.

If you want to discuss in game situations then please keep it private. We don't want to fill the topic with bickering and complaining about who did what now, don't we?  ;) 

Thanks xx

-Drew

• ErmaEmpath likes this
Posted Image

#64 Toaster

Toaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Team:Wolf Gang
  • Character:Toaster

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

That's the only reason I'm here!

We don't want to fill the topic with bickering and complaining about who did what now, don't we?  ;)

• starknerd likes this

#65 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

Trying to keep my team business with my teams. 

There are always great ideas when it come to trophies.  Just gotta keep all the angst out of the situation.  Personal problems should be kept personal.

Kindness is always the way to go.  Even when snagging training trophies!

#66 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

My bad bobmeister :) I dont want my leader mad at.

And now back to the subject of trophies!

Aizen is the best

#67 badger

badger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Character:badger

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

simply another idea i have.....love it or hate it..just a thought

If the game gurus removed the cap on rounds of energy able to be used in a day(right now , its 100, followed by 4 rounds of 50), it would reward the more dedicated players through lengthened play.. this would provide extra growth through stat purchases and levelling. In the long run a dedicated player will outgrow those who simply sign in to do their training units and leave. Maybe the cost of stats could be capped at 200k as well to help facilitate this.

Finally, maybe the training trophies could provide 3 or 4 points instead of 5 to help close the gap.This idea doesnt involve revamping the whole game and punishing those who have played through the TOS to achieve what they have. Call it a tweaking if you will to help players who wish to advance the opportunity to do so by extending their play,thusly rewarding dedication and commitment.

As i said just an idea

#68 Ouch

Ouch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt Louis - USA
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • Character:Ouch

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

No trophy provides the lopsided benefits of the training trophy.

It is "the one ring"

It is collected and hoarded and there is a reason for that and I wish someone would address why that is necessary to the game, why that cannot be modified or done away with altogether.

#69 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:35 PM

that is a question to ask the game developer when they make the 4th server it needs to be special

Aizen is the best

#70 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Well lots of people like the trophies.

I have said in the past that assigning a letter and number to a trophy for example--T1 and T2 for trainings, E1 and E2 for energies---something along those lines.

If your team won T1 this week, they couldn't win it again next week.  Just an idea.

#71 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

I think having only  2 trophies of each type is enough for the server. that would be kinda dumb though naming them T1 and T2

Aizen is the best

#72 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:03 PM

Well cry now about the number of trainings ---people will really cry with only two.  That plan was not made with two trophies in mind---considering that we have way more than two trainings.

But just remember this---if they take away the trainings ---they will need to take away the energies too----just sayin.......

• Maniac likes this

#73 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

they would also have to take the courage as well unless that one is fine to have. Unless they want to add more then 10 which could cause more issues. Not just one team would be in control but 2 or 3

Aizen is the best

#74 Ouch

Ouch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt Louis - USA
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • Character:Ouch

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:26 AM

Why would courage and energy need to be removed?  That is specious logic.  

They can remove the training trophy by itself.  Like i have said multiple times it is the only trophy that gives direct improvement benefit to the entire team.  

You could substitute in a battery trophy or a new selection in the store trophy -  you can do whatever you want -  just because the training trophy goes does not mean anything else needs to happen at all.

But the training trophy is the one that skews everything.  No one else is out there hoarding energy trophies or courage trophies -  and for good reason -  because they have no direct benefit to skill points.

Skill points are what we measure one another against.

The game is amassing skill points at its core, that is all it is.

#75 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:47 AM

The only reason I said courage was because she didnt mention it so I figured I would. Well to make the game more interesting would be to let us use more batteries

Aizen is the best

#76 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:02 AM

Why would courage and energy need to be removed?  That is specious logic.  

They can remove the training trophy by itself.  Like i have said multiple times it is the only trophy that gives direct improvement benefit to the entire team.  

I have already stated why in my initial reply but since it seems you fail to understand let me spell it out for you.  Courage and energy trophies over the course of time provide indirect benefits to training.  Of course training trophies are the Holy Grail, they should be.  That is not to say courage and energy do not have benefits though.

More courage means faster energy regen for dueling (+20 courage, -2 courage per duel).  Duels = gold.  Gold = stats.

More energy means more missions.  Missions = experience + gold (and the occasional item which = even more gold).  All this = stats.

Allow me to use myself as an example to illustrate:  I am one of the oldest players in the game (currently 1259 days active as of the time of this post).  I have never missed a single day of playing and typically use most if not all of my energy including refills.  As a result, I also happen to be the strongest player on my server (and probably the other US servers as well).  I routinely do 40+ duels every day. Currently sitting at 48262 won/48363 duels fought after 3.5+ years (38.41 duels per day average for the mathematically impaired).

Lets say my team had focused on more courage and energy and less training (ex: 2 courage, 3 energy).

+40 courage daily, 16 courage cost per duel

+60 energy daily

The optimal coin mission for me atm is 48k+ coin per 2 energy.  So needless to say, more energy does yield better stats when focusing on purely coin missions.  Now extrapolate using all this information i've given you to see how a player with the above benefits would have better stats than a player without.  

Over time (weeks, months, years), said player would indeed be head and shoulders above someone who did not have such trophies.  This is why you can't just arbitrarily remove all training trophy benefits retroactively because it would penalize players like myself who worked hard to get where we are today while simultaneously creating further imbalance by rewarding those who chose to focus on courage and energy and allowing them to keep said gains.  Makes sense now?  

Do you want to know what makes you and I so different?  Our mindset.

I have only ever been on 3 teams over the course of 3.5 years.  I used to get hammered in the beginning when I was an up-and-comer.  I started more than a week after the server had launched so I had some catching up to do.  I would typically have 30+ entries in my attack history every time I logged in.  I realized early on that training trophies were the key to getting stronger and so I focused hard on doing pure coin missions to get my base stats up.  That was the only way I could garner the attention of a strong team that actually had trophies.

I left my starter team at lvl 64 and joined a top 5 team that had 1 training trophy at that time.  I stayed with that team from lvl 65 to 265.  During that time I tried to convince my teammates that training trophies were the key to becoming stronger because unlike everyone else, my stat costs had gone through the roof by then and I knew the value of training units long before most did.  They weren't convinced so I left to join another team.

From lvl 266 to my current lvl (422) I have been with the same team, surrounded by like minded individuals who have worked hard to become the best.  Getting to the top is the easy part.  Staying at the top is the real challenge.  Time is the real enemy, boredom and stagnation for many due to lack of new content have caused quite a few to retire.  So long story short... THAT is the difference between you and me.  I never once complained about being the underdog, I never once came running to the forums asking for others to be nerfed, etc etc. I accepted that others were stronger than me so I worked harder to surpass them with what I was given instead of asking for a game-changing overhaul.

But the training trophy is the one that skews everything.  No one else is out there hoarding energy trophies or courage trophies -  and for good reason -  because they have no direct benefit to skill points.

Maybe on your server that is the case but not on mine.  A top 2 team has held on to many energy trophies for quite some time now.  This has let them lvl up faster than most as well as been a huge boon to many of their members who find themselves consistently in the top 10 of the xp tournament week after week.

• Ansane, Bobmeister, LittleOne and 2 others like this

#77 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:32 AM

Agreed!  Activity and effort trumps everything else.  Thank you for making that point.

• Bobmeister, starknerd and Evolution like this

#78 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

In 'another game', our team realized that whining about being 'low man' never meant we weren't having fun... our team motto became "If I can beat you, I will... if I can't beat you, I'll get your boots bloody trying..."

The trophy situation is really a 'non-issue', except for those who need to win at all costs, including at the cost of simply enjoying the game...

• ErmaEmpath and starknerd like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#79 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

Excrucio nailed it.

I myself started playing 9 month's after the server started on US2, and with the team I joined, did not have the ability to acquire and hold a training trophy for month's after that. I knew that I would like this game, and I am a competitive type, so I stuck with it. That is what drives me to improve every day.

With the disadvantage of a late start, and not having training trophies for quite some time, I am one of the top players on my server now. Being committed to improving your toon though dueling, special mission, league battles, villians, deeds, and all other aspects can, and do compensate the lack of training trophies to a degree. 

• LittleOne likes this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#80 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

Excrucio---I like your points because that is basically what happened in this situation. 

There are lots of ways to play the game.  As a player you need to decide how YOU want to play it and join a team that is like minded with you.  Now I saw a while ago that there were better ways at  handling the trophies.  But that doesn't mean you negate the hard work people have put into gaining them in the first place.  And I sooooooo agree that it is harder to stay on the top. 

Faith when I mentioned removing both trainings and energies---it doesn't mean I was disregarding the courage trophies.  I just mentioned the energies because I know that is the one YOU like.  I was just saying if you are going to remove the trainings that benefit those who like trainings and have them---then you should remove the one you like and benefit from as well.

Really when you see a team like LL have 4 trainings---that just means you have to change your strategy to beat them.  Like losing all your trophies so you can be strong enough to snag a training off them.  There are ways to do it----You just have to be smarter about it.  Which is the fun part of the game----if you can get your team to all help with the strategies.  It sucks when you can't.

• Maniac likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: training trophy, competitive game play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users