• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

Today we meet with a self-professed villain.  Most of our heroes try to do good but Fumaā€™s motivations may not be so altruistic.

Hi how are you, today Fuma? Can you start by giving us your user name and the servers you play on?

fuma%20parrot_zpsd8keerks.png

Good day, Jagan! I'm doing well, all things considered. Sorry I was late to this interview. I had to escape some kidnappers first. It was terrible. They had me in handcuffs in the back of their car with funny red and blue lights on the top. I'm ok now though. You wouldn't happen to have a lock pick, would you? No? Dang it. To answer your question, most know me as Fuma Hanzo, but I have a nearly unlimited supply of aliases. I have a couple stunt doubles on US1 and US3, but they're mainly there so no one steals my identity. You can never have enough precautions these days, when it comes to identity theft. Mostly though, I make my home in US2.

Well, we are delighted you made it to the interview this morning!

Thank you. Me too. They said they were going to throw me in a cell and throw away the key.

Lucky for us that did not happen! Would you like to talk a bit about yourself? Your life when you are not working as a superhero slash villain?

Sure! I always like to talk about myself. I'm narcissistic like that. Well, when I'm not out committing crimes, I like reading books and writing. Mostly my studies revolve around world religious beliefs and cultures, but I also enjoy science and psychology. When I'm not doing that, I play a lot of poker and strategy games.
I also own a moving company, but it's really just a front to launder my illegally acquired funds.

Uh oh! So tell us how did you start playing Hero Zero?

Well, I was originally in another world that was destroyed by Evil Aliens. I was sailing through the black void of space when I heard a beacon from some of the other refugees from my old planet. Originally, I tried to ignore it, but then more and more beacons kept coming in over the computer's systems and eventually, after a couple months of trying to ignore them, I realized they wouldn't stop until I finally answered the call. So I headed to this new planet that my computers listed as US2. After checking it out for a bit, I realized my fellow refugees were right and this was a suitable planet for us to make our new home. So voila! Here I've been ever since.

Do you have any stories to tell of your first days Humphreydale?

Well, I was just looking around one day and suddenly this guy in bad clown makeup started making trouble for all the citizens. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have bothered, but I noticed he was holding a big bag of coins. So I socked him in the jaw. He just stood there laughing at me, so I kept hitting him. That's when I noticed I wasn't the only one. Everyone in the neighborhood seemed to be hitting him. There was this one guy who was hitting him more than everyone else, but he just wasn't going down. Several times he shoved me to the ground, but I kept getting back up. After the last time, I hit him with a trash can lid and he finally went down for the count. It was crazy, but his belt fell off and landed right in my hands along with the bag full of coins. It was Ironic, actually. That was the 1st time I had ever fought a villain on this world. Usually I am the villain. Since then, I've discovered villains are a regular nuisance in these parts.

fumahanzo_zpszmg8pria.png

Do you have particular goals you would like to achieve in the game?

Well, currently I lead Villains Inc. and what we've accomplished already has been pretty amazing. But as far as future goals are concerned, we'd like to take down Yoyodyne Corp. and replace them with Villains Inc. as the dominant criminal empire in Humphreydale. After that, we'll make our move to take over the world. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In your opinion, what is your greatest achievement in HZ so far?

Aside from catching the Moderating Bandit in the forums and acquiring her stockpile of toilet paper? I'd have to say showing players that they don't have to join a top team in order to be in one. My team, Villains Inc, started a good 9 months or more after the server had started. Most of the top teams were well established already and had a virtual lock on the top spots. Like all new, fledgling teams, we started from the bottom. (Now the whole team's here.) It may seem like a daunting task to compete with the big boys when you first start out, but now we're the 2nd strongest team on our server and the 1st in honor. I hope we can stand as an example to other new players and teams that all it takes is a dedicated and loyal group of players working together to make the impossible possible.

edf83466-a8ed-4b7b-8f26-3f40a08a417b_zps

Certainly a worthy goal.  And along those lines, are there any tips you would give a beginner?

Don't rub your eyes while eating hot wings? Don't put the shampoo in the same vicinity as your wife's Nair? Oh wait........... You mean to become stronger, don't you? My bad. I think the best thing someone can do is find every way possible to gather coins. Coin is king. And forget about index. A lot of folks seem to think that the stronger your toon is per level, the better they are doing. So I see heroes not levelling and only doing training in order to make their index higher. All this does is limit your growth. I'm not saying level as fast as you can. Coin is still king. But here, power is all that matters. It doesn't matter if your index is 1 million if that guy who started after you and and has an index of 100 is so much higher level than you that you're losing to him anyway. There's a lot to be gained in levelling. Aside from the free sp gained in the process, gear for higher levels can make a huge difference. I remember when I used the Hammer of Amnesia, my stats were minimal. Many lower levels were able to take me down easy. But all I had to do was have my missiles equipped for missions and lower level players who attacked me while I did missions would fall to one hit, my missiles were that powerful compared to them. There's a lot of misconceptions in this game that a lot of folks fall victim to. Index is one of the biggest.

EDIT* A lot of folks seem to think that the stronger their toon is per level, the better they are doing.

6ae369c4-e167-41e8-809f-33bf63a76f7b_zps

Are there any players that you particularly admire or opponents that you respect?

There are two women on my team, ErmaEmpath and MankoNakadashi that I respect highly. These two women do so much to help the team succeed and rarely take any credit or or recognition. I like to call Erma our team mom and Manko our Pepper Potts. Those two do so much to help keep things running smoothly and organized. But several of our teammates are truly worthy players. Nater, Strykz and IMG are all solid players who make up the backbone of our team. Outside of our team, I really like Chinaal and Photographer. They're both great fun. I recommend either of their teams to aspiring heroes with a rough edge.

Being one of the top players on the server and certainly, arguably the most strategic, what would you say is the secret to your success?

Other than my debonair charm and undeniable good looks? I'm modest too, by the way. The secret to my success is my team. I get a lot of credit, but the truth is, I'm just 1 of 30 people.  If anything, I'm just the head cheerleader. The key is getting a team to work together and enjoy being there. They have to root for each other's successes as if those successes were their own. They have to all have a vested interest in each other's success. There's nothing like watching the whole team come together to help just one of them achieve a victory in the honor tourney or reach a heroic deed. And when they see this happen, and know that same backing is there for each and every one of them, they will all pull together to make it happen for one another. Very recently, I made first place 3 out of 4 weeks in a row in the honor tourney. Without my team and my allies, there's no way I could have accomplished such a feat.

And now for the question I always ask at the end of the interview- what is your favourite word? No swearing!

My favorite word? Hmm. That's a tough one. There's so many. Pirate, Booty, Rogue, Villain, Ninja, Toilet Paper........... But I guess if I could only pick one, then it would have to be Freedom.  :)

That concludes our interview and I thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule of villainy to be here.

Any time. I'm always happy to help, especially if it means helping myself to your coin purse.  Well, since we're done here, I guess I'll be going. If you see two men in matching blue uniforms asking questions about me, I was NEVER here. You don't know me and have NEVER seen me before. Thanks!
  • yardbird.dana@gmail.com, Kamae, unnie and 8 others like this
ā€œWhat would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?ā€

ā€• Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#2 Ahmedabrar

Ahmedabrar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Team:Nuns In Gstrings
  • Character:KingThakur

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

good interview

• unnie and King of Thieves like this

#3 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:06 AM

By the way Jagan, you wouldn't happen to have an address I can mail this empty wallet back to you at, would you?

HAIL HYDRA!

• Jagan likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#4 Nad Westor

Nad Westor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKuwait
  • Team:Villains Incorporated
  • Character:bill12

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

Awesome Interview Fuma
  • King of Thieves likes this

#5 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • World:US1
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

A female teammate named herself "MankoNakadashi"?  Surprised that name is even allowed.  Smh...

#6 Kamae

Kamae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Character:Rick843

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

HAIL HYDRA!!!

#7 xMOx

xMOx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationControl Room of ZNP
  • Team:Zombie Ninja Pirates
  • Character:xMOx - Leader of ZNP

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

A female teammate named herself "MankoNakadashi"?  Surprised that name is even allowed.  Smh...

Maybe here is just no one who knows that this is not a stylish japanese name.

DonĀ“t let the cat out of the bag...     (ninja)

• MankoNakadashi and King of Thieves like this

logo02_zpskz0afmpa.png

#8 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

When I asked her, she said the name is derived from 3 different languages. German, Filipino, and Albanian. 

Perhaps it means something else in Japanese? I know when the popular Manga "Appleseed" came to the USA, the female lead character's name had to be changed due to a misunderstanding in meaning. 

When the comic book "Elf Quest" went from America to Germany, there was a misunderstanding of the main troll's name as well. 

Perhaps you're reading something into things that aren't there.

;)

I'm bringing sexy back!

#9 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

When I asked her, she said the name is derived from 3 different languages. German, Filipino, and Albanian. 

Perhaps it means something else in Japanese? I know when the popular Manga "Appleseed" came to the USA, the female lead character's name had to be changed due to a misunderstanding in meaning. 

When the comic book "Elf Quest" went from America to Germany, there was a misunderstanding of the main troll's name as well. 

Perhaps you're reading something into things that aren't there.

;)

Don't insult my intelligence please.  I know exactly what it means.  Whatever though, carry on.  Not my intent to hijack this thread over someone's poor taste in names.

#10 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

Yeah. We wouldn't want this one to  "turn into another drama-rama like the fiasco that was"  2 interviews before this one. 

;)

Now, there's a toon named Dingleberry too. Some may choose to be offended by this, but others choose to see the humor in it. I guess it just depends on a person's personality which they choose to do.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#11 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

Good interview

#12 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

TY

I'm bringing sexy back!

#13 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

This was fun to read!! Thanks Fuma!

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#14 XyZ

XyZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGreece,Athens
  • Character:Jim

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Nice interview good job to both guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic