King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Oh, I ain't tripp'n. My point is just don't say one thing and do another. Like I've been saying, just tell it like it really is. If you do it, don't be ashamed to admit it and if you're ashamed to admit it, don't do it.

;)

I'm bringing sexy back!

#62 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWherever the wind brings me.
  • World:US3
  • Character:SuperSamSam[deleted]

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:26 PM

Just here to say thank you to the staff for the changes on the leagues.  :rolleyes:

It's a lot of work, but the result is really good. 

The life of a Sam is only a succession of awkward moments. Like this one right here, I have no idea how to finish this statement. Thus, I'm just going to stop right here. :)

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

"Wrap your troubles in dreams, and dream your troubles away." - Kermit Ruffins.

Be nice to one another, you don't know who is behind the screen.If you take anything I say online seriously ... you should see someone.You are here to have fun, right ? So start having fun ...

---

#63 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • World:US1
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

Yep, I tend to agree with the previous comment, last patch was better and some needed changes were made. If I may suggest, I think it would also make the league function better if teammates were removed from our choices (though I know that's not gonna happen -_- ) and attacks on a single hero limited to 3x a day. In addition, unpopular suggestion probably but still... I'd make the reward of the stats points change from percentages to a fixed number. I know many won't like it (I mean, even I get a lot of bonus on my skills) but make it at least a bit easier for the lower levels to have a chance to catch up one day. Even if a weaker hero one day manages to get to the highest division, the bonus other heroes far stronger the (s)he get is rediculously higher 'cause of their basic skills and everyday trainings bonus, and they're all in the same division, hypothetically. It will make it very tough for new players to join and stay in the game.

#64 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

The limit is a great idea there's lots of bullying going on

#65 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

The leagues have been brutal, I have literally been attacked 7 times by the same person, the same day.

It had gotten really frustrating, but the truth of the matter is you can only attack so much people the more you advance in the leagues.

The leagues starts to get smaller. The training trophies are in the hands of two teams. Then, there is the rest. 

For those teams, if you take the teammates off, and add a limit... You basically stop them from going further in the leagues. 

Making the game fair for everyone is a really hard chore.

I'm stating my opinion based on the US3 server, this may not apply to the US2 or US1 server. 

No offense intended.  :)

The life of a Sam is only a succession of awkward moments. Like this one right here, I have no idea how to finish this statement. Thus, I'm just going to stop right here. :)

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

Be nice to one another, you don't know who is behind the screen.If you take anything I say online seriously ... you should see someone.You are here to have fun, right ? So start having fun ...

---

#66 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:58 PM

I want to be able to hit teammates.  So please don't take that away.  You can lose to a teammate who is very close to advancing to the next league.  So please don't take that away.

A one week limit for holding a trophy would make the whole game more competitive across the board.  I think first and second can be a boring place right now.  What else do those people have to do now?  Give them some competition!

#67 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

You want to hit your teammates ? Should I get worried ? ;)

I know I tend to misbehave, but really ?  :P

A tinsy bit of seriousness  , 

A one week limit for holding a trophy sounds like a good idea, but where would the trophy go ? 

I mean, if after one week, no one challenged that team, where would the trophy go ? 

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

---

#68 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

I have a licorice whip I use for teammates.  You know that.   How do you think some of SR got to Champion League........

Giving a couple of trophies names to help it make some sense.  Training Trophy 1--T1,   Training Trophy 2--  T2.

So Team A wins T1 this week.  They hold it for a week.  Next week it has to go for m them.  I say it can leave one of two ways.  Either the next person who fights them automatically gets it.  Or it is sent to another team randomly.  They do the random thing at the beginning of the server anyways.  Now Team A can go fight for another trophy like T2 and hold that one for a week if it chooses.  But it will go thru the same process at the end of that week.  Probably the random dispersement is what would work best.

#69 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:22 AM

Yes, I've learned to enjoy the licorice whip. The trick is to catch it with your teeth, or just let Panic propose to take my place.  :P

I can see how the random thing could lead to chaos, if it became a permanent thing in the game. 

Maybe I'm being a little close-minded, but at least with this system you can try and predict things. Using a little bit of a strategy. 

It would be a little more complicated with a random dispersement.

It would be a really hard adjustment, and the game still needs to be fair for those people who are working hard to stay at the top. 

But the positive side is that it would certainly get the trophies moving. 

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

---

#70 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:01 AM

Random would work.  You just find where the trophies went---and set your fight to get it----if you can........

If you can't----keep working on your strength.  Then look for the next random dispersement.  I could be your team's lucky day.

#71 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

I guess it makes sense, I'm just not one to leave it to luck. I like being in control.  ;)

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

---

#72 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:05 PM

I want to be able to hit teammates.  So please don't take that away.  You can lose to a teammate who is very close to advancing to the next league.  So please don't take that away.

A one week limit for holding a trophy would make the whole game more competitive across the board.  I think first and second can be a boring place right now.  What else do those people have to do now?  Give them some competition!

Okay, okay, keep the teammates :D , it can be beneficial sometimes for helping them.

As for the trophies, your system might work only if the players actually followed the rules. On many servers there are teams holding many trophies, mainly trains, and keeping them by having 2 or more "alliance" teams which basically consist of that team's multi accs. So they would just keep attacking each other to keep the trophies and others would not have a chance to get them.

As for the random distribution, I'm not liking it simply because it would be more fair to actually earn those trophies by attacking teams who have one, as it is now. Yes, it will always be between stronger teams, as it should be, but if your holding limit was implemented, it would expand to more teams than just 2 or 3.

#73 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

If you have any evidence of multi-account activity, please contact Support and report it...

• King of Thieves likes this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#74 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:28 AM

I didn't mean it for any of the US server, though it's probably present for sure, but another one I quit playing. And yes, support knew it, but chose not to react in fear of losing too many players. Standards are not same everywhere and to me it doesn't matter now. I like playing on the US server, at least it keeps improving my English :P .

• King of Thieves likes this

#75 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

Well think the whole random part of the trophy dispersement scenario would only last for one day.  The next day everyone would be fighting for those trophies again.  Considering that a team could only hold a certain trophy for a week, I don't think it would matter if two teams were working together.  If one of those teams had a trophy, they wouldn't be able to win that trophy back for a whole week.  Others would be fighting for it too.

#76 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

How fair can it be, if it happens only once for a particular problem ?  :rolleyes:

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

---

#77 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

Maybe a system where after a trophy has been in the hands of a team for X number of days, it automatically gets transferred to the lowest ranked team on the server? Then it would have to work its way back up to the top and the top ranked teams won't have immediate access to it, meanwhile the lowest ranked teams all have a chance to benefit from it. This would increase balance in the game as well. Of course this could be nerfed by simply trading trophies between teams so they never go past the time limit, so perhaps instead there could be a tournament season for trophies. At the end of the season, the trophies then all randomly get dispersed among the 6 lowest ranked teams.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#78 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

What would bother me with the " 6 lowest ranked team " is that the trophies might go to inactive teams, and the

benefit from them would be lost at least for an entire day.

Which is a lot, in my opinion, and shouldn't be neglected. 

I think giving the trophy to the team who upgraded the most that week would be fair.

Since it would be an evidence that they aren't inactive, and most top teams are fully upgraded. 

Also, how long would a season last ? One week would be a little too short.

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

---

#79 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

I'm just giving suggestions. Not working out a perfect system. But if those trophies are lost to an inactive team for a day, balance would still be in effect. Also, not all teams can afford to expand after the coin only expansions. Also, some players might create new teams just for the purpose of claiming those trophies by quickly expanding. A high level player can fully coin expand a team in a day. Then pass trophies to teams of their choosing.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#80 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Since the suggestion was to disperse between the lowest ranked team, I would expect that those teams don't even donuts to expand yet.

Balance may still be in effect, but those trophies advantages would be lost in the nothingness. 

Here's an example, let's say there is 10 energy trophies. If half of those went to inactive teams. 5 energy trophies for one day would be lost.

There is 20 energy in each trophy, so it's 100 energy lost. Now if you multiply that number by the number of players in a fully expanded team, which is 30.

It's 3000 energy lost in one day. That is if half of them goes to up coming teams. 

I'm not even going to talk about the trainings.  :rolleyes:

And about the high level fully expanding, yes, that would be a real issue. What if to be eligible for the tournament, the team have to be

existing before the tournament starts. I can't think of any high level player who would want to leave their team, even for a week.

Which brings me back to how long would a season be.

I know that you're just making suggestions, I'm just trying to figure out the worst scenarios.  :P

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users