LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

King of thieves it is not just you.  It is happening to a lot of people, me included.  This has to do more with the last patch.  After that patch things went from bad to worse.

#42 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

I have been seeing this complaint from many players especially of the higher levels. I will bring it to the attention of the support crew. 

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#43 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Well, it seems to be fixed for me, as best as I can tell. I lost a fight that had a small chance for me to lose, but the odds warranted that possibility. So I can accept it. My other fights seemed to be accurate.

• Jagan likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#44 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationYe Olde Worlde England

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

Well that's it for me ... this league is the last straw ... I HATE IT .... I get 3x team mates over and over .... or a small handful of heroes from other teams ... I am not a donut millionaire so I either don't join the league and get hammered by what were my peer group of heroes ... or I leave and say 'good riddance'  ...

In my view HeroZero has sadly run it's course .. this last ditch effort by the developers to keep us interested has turned into a massive exodus of long term players ... my all 'time' HeroZero Legends are deserting in droves ... 

And I am joining them ... I simply cannot play this anymore ... it's too many hours ... 20 hits 1 hour apart ... who the heck has 20 hours a day to play a game ... 

What were the developers thinking about ... you are all off your heads ... you have done the very worst thing you ever could have done ... you have brought HeroZero on us2 to it's knees ... 

"enough is enough" .... thank you to all my friends for their help, honesty and laughter of this last year ... I salute you ... !!

#45 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

You did your part in speeding things along. You had enough points to just ride it out and enjoy the benefits of the champion division, but instead chose to mercilessly attack the same players repeatedly making it impossible for them to advance without in turn doing the exact same thing. I have had to do this just to try and stay in my division, and I am sure there are a few players that absolutely despise me now, which I do not care for. Your little "i'm sorry" note was just a slap in the face. You were the only one to do this, other members of your team would hit me also, a few times a day, not 5-15...

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#46 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

Well as you know ... I have said this before ... the choices I was getting in my selections was team mates, or a handful of heroes ... I even used donuts to find different heroes to hit for a change ... .. it is badly thought through, inevitably if you get the same 5-6 heroes daily you end up hitting them over and over ... 

#47 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

I have to agree with patootie there.  I actually sent apology notes to some players because they were the only ones coming up for me to hit, so I had to hit them, or spend 20-30 donuts to find someone else.  I did try that and it didn't work either.  Can't take it personally in the leagues right now.  Attack selection sucks for most right now.

• operationredwings likes this

#48 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

My point was, after you were in the champion division. You have limited toons that can beat you, very limited. So your position was safe. Now, I understand that this is a game, and strategy demands you keep weaker toons weak, so you can stay strong. 

You make it sound like you are the ONLY one that was in your position. This is game wide, everyone is experiencing it to some degree. What you were doing with the same 4-5 times, I had to do the same exact thing, to the toons that I could beat. Some were from your team, which caused at least 1 to leave because he was mad.

After a point, it seems personal no matter what you say.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#49 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

Sigh ... and I agree ... I have posted apologies to you Strykz, IMG, Jaxx ohh myy almost every selection I had one or more of you ...

The league has made me feel mean and nasty .... of course we duel with folks daily ... maximum 3 times ... it's how we grow .... how we get stronger ... we duel, do missions and in general increase our skills steadily ... there was a natural order to the old HeroZero .. if you worked hard you got stronger ...

Then came the league ......

Wow the first day and you get all those extra skills in the league is great ... but then because of the bad set up and the fact you can make 20 hits ... (which could all be the same person if you have enough donuts) ... it turns you into a bully ... I saw this happening to myself ... I tried to stop ... but others around me were doing the same ... sink or swim ...

A game should be FUN to play ... it shouldn't make you feel like a bully ... I do NOT want to be a bully ... 

I will not play in a game where the makers are so blatantly money grabbing as they are now .. 2 donuts to change selections when over and over all you get are team mates ... 4 donuts to make an extra hit outside of the over long one hours wait ...

My my .... no no and NO

This is madness .. i will not be a part of it any longer ... 

#50 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

I agree. A few simple changes could have made this a great addition.

Lvl parameters, reduced the cost to choose/attack players outside the timer, and a cap on the amount of attacks that could occur per day. 

The rewards for the sp's, and the % bonus are just too high as well, it's what's driving all the hostility.

• leapinglizard likes this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#51 BruceARee

BruceARee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Team:Chaos RuleZ
  • Character:BruceARee

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

20 HITS A DAY 1 HOUR APART AND THE HIGHER YOU GO THE SMALLER YOUR SELECTIONS IS KINDA SUCKY...I WOULD SAY THE FEWER TIMES EVERYONE HITS A DAY...THE BETTER OFF...I AM A WEAKER PLAYER AND I KNOW HOW FAR I CAN GO UNTIL I CAN GET STRONGER...SO I JUST STAY IN A DIVISION THAT I CAN HANDLE UNTIL THEN AN MAINTAIN THE BONUS I GOT. NO ONE EVER SAID YOU NEEDED TO USE ALL 20 HITS.

• Relentless and King of Thieves like this

#52 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

C'mon. Everyone knows DM was hitting folks to keep them out of levels. Like Relentless said, you didn't have to hit anyone where you stood. Like Bruce said, you don't have to use all your fights every day, especially you, patootie. Nice try though. I noticed DM tended to leave people in the middle of a division alone for the most part, but if they were near the top or very bottom of a division, attacks would come in droves. In some cases, (Ahem patootie) the attacks came from the same individual in rapid succession. Again, nice try at an apology though. But then, as I told Piturca in PM, the devil will always come dressed as an angel, bearing a smile and swearing good will. I'm not mad though. I understand the strategy behind it. But don't smile fakely while you smack someone. Just tell it like it really is. Don't worry. We're big kids. We can take it. :P

I'm bringing sexy back!

#53 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:47 AM

I can't speak for everyone but as leader of dark mayhem this was never a discussed strategy although there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. the only discussion we had was do not hit teammates and try get all hits in to move as high as possible. Once dark mayhem had several at the top we had very little choice who to hit I only have about 4 to 5 toons that ever show up for me to select from. I only look at ow many points and coins and I hit for the most. Never once did I receive a mail or see on chat try and hit so and so. He's close or whatever. I made it to champion using 14 donuts and 4 of those was a mistake where my finger slipped I still have no clue who I hit then lol.
  • operationredwings likes this

#54 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:28 PM

"I only have about 4 to 5 tools that ever show up for me to select from."

That's funny, calling people tools.............. Base insults are a sign of frustration. So this "tool's" plans must be working. :D

But for the record LL, you hit me about once or twice a day, so you weren't the one being talked about. However DM does still hit people in droves when at the top or bottom of a tier. I for one only get hit by DM and it tends to be mostly when I'm nearing the top of a tier or during that fiasco when I was near the bottom of a tier and the league fights were broken and it didn't matter how easy it was to beat an opponent, I'd still lose. 

I'll keep that tool comment in my pocket though. It's definitely evidence of what you guys really think, no matter how many nice things your team mates like to say in PM, and how often their actions are different than their words. We've been here at least 6 months less time than you guys. We are catching up though. ;) Try not to fall apart before then. I always promised Piturca we'd give you guys a good fight one day, despite the time deficit playing. 

As I said before, "I understand the strategy behind it. But don't smile fakely while you smack someone. Just tell it like it really is. Don't worry. We're big kids. We can take it. " :P

(Moderators Note: I think LL meant 'toons', not 'tools'... simple Spelling error)

I'm bringing sexy back!

#55 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

Lol my phone auto corrected toons it don't recognize it as a word called a typo
  • King of Thieves likes this

#56 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

That's a reasonable explanation.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#57 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Alright folks.  Let me give you my experience today.  On us2, I am at a lower level.  I range about 230 there.  But there are a lot more players over 300 on us2.  On us3, I am 268 with only a couple people in the 300's.  On us3, today I made it to Champion League.  The change in the people I had available to attack---was huge. I am being given exactly two people that I can attack. The rest are stronger (all on the 4 training trophy teams).  And finally, they give me my teammates over and over.  The only people I get from the league I just left are my own teammates.  The do not give me anyone else from the last league.  Just my teammates.  And I got an email from one of the only two people I can hit right now asking me what the heck.  Which is understandable. 

So as you go up in the leagues, your attack options get worse.  But on top of that, I am now in a league where the only people in it are from the two teams with all the training trophies.  I worked hard to get there, and due to the training trophy advantage, I will be the one with the target on my back.  So it doesn't matter how good you are at the game.  You will always be at a  disadvantage if they do not make the training trophy situation more fair.

So bottom line.  The attack choices suck.  The game has some very unfair practices.  And you can't take it personally.  People gotta take hits where they can right now.

#58 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:36 AM

No one's disputing that. But that server and this are not the same ones. When someone hits you SEVERAL times, like 5-10 in a few minutes, and when you're targeted pretty much ONLY when you're nearing the next tier, there's a little more than that going on. What's more, as Bruce said, you don't have to use all your attacks once you've already made the climb. And like I said earlier, "I understand the strategy behind it. But don't smile fakely while you smack someone. Just tell it like it really is. Don't worry. We're big kids. We can take it." Really, we don't mind the attacks. We mind the B.S. Just tell it like it is. If you're hitting to keep someone from progressing, tell it like it is. Don't say you don't have a choice. If you've already made the climb, you do have a choice. That choice is not to hit anyone unless of course you have to, to hold onto your tier like you do Little One. But if you're strong enough to hold that level w/o attacking anyone, don't say it's because you have no choice. Just be honest and say, "Sorry. I can't let you make that climb." ;)

I'm bringing sexy back!

#59 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

Personally, I prefer the typo. That made this whole conversation much funnier. J/s................. :D

I'm bringing sexy back!

#60 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

King of Thieves----I understand that type of attack.  I'm Priscilla from us3.  Before I left for a break I was the strongest on the server.  After 2 and a half months, people got a chance to get stronger than me.  So now, people take great joy in targeting me daily.  So believe me when I say--I GET IT.  There are people who don't want me to advance.  And I know it sucks.  But I choose to take it as a compliment.  They attack me so much for two reasons.  1= I am a threat.  2= Because I am good, I hold all the loot.  So if you are good, you will get this kind of attack all the time.  The only thing that can change that, is a better balance in the amount of time a team can hold a training trophy.  I have posted my opinions on that all over the forum.  It will bring much needed balance to the game. It will give players opportunities to get stronger and be more competitive. 

• SuperSamSam likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users