Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Hurricane
  • World:US2
  • Character:ErmaEmpath

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

In the individual honor tournament, I feel , it should be about how much honor you can gain .  Heroes who work hard to lose honor deserve a reward for gaining honor.   I feel the individual honor tournament should be about how much honor you can gain.

What happens currently is the other teams attack thoes in top ten honor rank to the point of being abusive.   Honor tournament should NOT be about how much other teams can beat you up and knock you down. 

In the team honor tournament they only count team honor from planned attacks.  They do not subtract from team honor for defense loses.   I would like to see the individual honor tournament only add up what is gained and   NOT   subtract from honor lost.  This will stop  the brutal attacks on the top ten ranked heroes.

• King of Thieves, Antoniella, TheDarkLight and 1 other like this

#2 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

Ok.  I never do the honor race.  Only if I find myself accidentally in the top 10.  But I did do it once when I brought my hero back from extinction.  That honor race was BRUTAL.  And it was a total donut fest. 

But, I usually do not hit the people I am competing against until the very end.  Just out of respect that I know they are working hard at it.  But when I am not competing, oh yeah I am taking honor from all of them.  But it is nothing personal.  It is just stockpiling honor really.  Then there are people who win it all the time, I may help the underdog if I can.  Lots of elements come into play. 

Losing honor is a good tactic.  Do I think the tournament should not count honor lost in defense hits.  Nah, I wouldn't go that far.It is the same exact thing as in the leagues.  When you advance into the next league---you get your booty kicked.  Until you get stronger.

The honor race----well I think it runs pretty fair.  A lower level, well they can plow past the higher levels in the beginning. That is because they have low honor so they get a higher return for who they attack.

I think the whole losing honor thing started because a high level with lots of honor had no way to win the honor race from week to week.  Not when you are pulling in 10 and 12 honor pts per person.  So they lose to win.

I think to win an honor race---you need to have friends feeding you honor.  Or you lose honor for like a month until you have like 0.  But still you would need donuts for some refreshes to actually take number 1.

What I am saying is that even with your idea in place, there are a lot of other factors that come in to winning an honor race. 

• starknerd likes this

#3 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • World:US1
  • Character:Icey

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:18 PM

I remember back in June when I made my first attempt to get first place in the honour tourney.  Never ever tried it before and thought I would give it a shot.  Every day I woke up to 30 to 50 attacks.....  from one specific team and after I lost 1st and actually ended in 3rd place I even got a rude mail from the leader (or what I considered to be).  I thought it was just part of the game (well not the email, of course, but the hits).....

But I really do like the idea you have put out there Erma.  It would be a great addition.

Edited by Silverwing, 31 October 2015 - 10:39 PM.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#4 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

i think the current honor was is just fine ,it just takes tactics, and sometimes patience , i dont play us servers but on uk2 I am the strongest player in the team, and not a single team mate can beat me even when I am naked, and to add to that there isnt a very big list of people who give me decent amounts of honor but if i lose for long enough i still managed top 3-10 somewhere , i think its better to try for top 10 and hope for higher rather than actually attempt at 1st,2nd or 3rd , changing it to honor gained and not counting defences wouldnt work ,everyone would just attack their highest honor gains knowing theyll never lose honor, then u have 1000 people fighting for rank 99 and 100 in the tournament .

• King of Thieves likes this

#5 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:14 AM

Personally, I like the competition the brutality of the honor tourney brings. Whereas it was once an individual event, it has now become a team event. Getting the whole team behind one of their players to negate the efforts of another team is pretty fun to me. 

And Silverwing, I recall that event you're speaking of. I was going for top 10 but your team attacked me relentlessly to keep me out of even that spot. So I went for top 3 and got 1st instead, pushing you out of top 3 as 1st went to 2nd and 2nd went to 3rd. I apologize if you thought it was rude that I wrote you to apologize about knocking you out of top 3 and that originally I just wanted top 10, and then explaining why I went for top 3 instead and thus knocked you out of the 3rd spot. Had your team not tried to prevent me from top 10, you would have gotten 3rd. Again, I apologize if you didn't understand my message was simply an apology and explanation of why you got bumped to 4th. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#6 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

Funny I never said which team or who.  So now I will explain.  From the very first day I started trying to get 1st place, your team started pounding on me.  By the 3rd day in I was waking up to 30-45 attacks, never mind the rest of the daily.  When I sent the logs to my team, they decided to retaliate by attacking them all.  By Friday, I was still in 1st spot and you were in 20th place.  I was watching the list closely to see who was coming up.  Why would they all attack you I wonder.  Could it have been since your team was attempting to keep me down for all 7 days and what was even more interesting in this case....  not one of your team mates during the week were making a run in that tourney and not one of them were in top 10 at the time.  Anyways, it happened, c'est la vie, it is a game.  I made first place ever a couple of weeks ago.  I just wanted the glory of having it to say I did it.  Thanks to my current team, they helped me out as did some of my previous team.  Cheers :)

• Evolution likes this

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#7 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:57 AM

Congrats on that. Actually, both my teammates or our team's allies were making the run for top 3. I remember it very clearly. And helping our allies is the same as your friends from other teams helping you. And 30-45 attacks all coming from my team each day before I was even in the top 10? Somehow I doubt that, but even if it's true, 45 players would only be 15 players, and again, I doubt they were all from my team. But if I was in 20th on Friday, that's a helluva climb to make it to 1st in 2 days. That just doesn't sound right. Improbable at best and impossible, more likely. Something about the picture you're painting here isn't really gelling. And you didn't need to say which team. We both knew which one you were speaking of. We both knew when your 1st attempt at the tourney was. And so your dig at that team's leader for being rude, when in truth all I did was apologize and explain what happened, was directed at me. We both know it.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#8 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:09 AM

Sorry, really put it to rest.  You can doubt what you want and / or think what you want or make the forum see what you want.  I am just a little person in a big world and you are a moderator and leader of the number 1 team.  I could say anything I want and you will just try to slam me down and make me look like a liar, it seems..... personally I really don't care, I don't have a reputation to live up to like a moderator does, I am who I am.  One of the most honest people out there in the real world.  For me, that is who I am and always will be, I have nothing to lie about or try to make me look good about.  My values and my morals are the most important thing to me, I will not let anyone try to lower them and even in a game, I would never lower them to try to look good in the eyes of other.

~~It ends here~~

• Evolution likes this

~~Mark Twain~~

#9 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:13 AM

Ok. I'm just saying your story isn't gelling. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#10 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

Well, I can see how waking up and seeing so many hits on you can be unnerving.  That's normal.  The honor race really has turned into a team race.  Hard to make it to number one without a few friends pouring honor into you.

#11 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

i actually like the fact its become a team race and not just a single player one ,it makes choosing a team more intersting ,it means if you want help jumping straight to the top team may not necessarily be best just because they have top trophies or upgrades ,it adds an extra element to consider ,of how helpful the teams are :)

#12 xyzmncaster

xyzmncaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

As a by stander without anything to gain from saying what sounds like the truth and what doesn't, I can tell that what silverwings story sounds like it has some truth to it but is exaggerated. I often go for top 10 in honour tourneys and never seen a person go from 20th to 1st in 2 days. achieving first place is extremely hard, so you need to be at least within 10 000 to 15000 honour of first place in the last 2 days to stand any chance to come first. And it need lots of donut fest and team helping in a big way even then. Also when I am going for the tourney there is no way I am looking at whose coming 20th. by Friday I am only interest in the top 5 , if I am in the top 3. To see who can overtake me and who I can overtake. So the guy that came first was more than likely in the top 5 by Friday and with his teams help and dedicated dueling managed to come top. Regarding the 30 to 50 attacks probably was more like 20 to 30. again the truth but exaggerated. The reason I say this is the most attacks I ever woke up to when doing honour tourneys is around 20. but to get attacked every day before you wake up 30 times is a huge amount.

Regarding the rude message, again probably some truth in the way that the guy tat came first was probably pumped up on coming from behind to finish first, so was a bit over eager in typing the message , so probably didn't explain himself properly and sounded rude/like boasting as opposed to what he really meant to do (e.g. apologise). 

So yeah, there's my objective analysis :).

#13 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:00 AM

TBH, with enough help, you really don't need donut usage, except in really tight races. I got to 1st 3x in 4 weeks after using the Hammer of Amnesia and didn't use any donuts. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#14 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:56 AM

Hammer costs donuts --- 39.

I remember doing the honor race----I was in 1st.  I had a HUGE lead.  The person competing against me told me that a member on their team gave them donut vouchers just so they could take me out.  Came down to the last 5 minutes.  I took 2nd.  No sour grapes, I got a good prize for 2nd.  But it was a total donut fest.

#15 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:34 AM

3x in 4 weeks? The Hammer only does so much. The 3rd, I was just going for top 10 and was well above what most lose down to to make a run. I got 1st because I called in for help. My team has players in the honor tourney quite often. They don't use donuts that often. Sometimes, when it's neck and neck. But unless it's neck and neck, they don't. I was in a race for 1st once outside of those 3. I pumped my opponent up to over 100k honor gained, then turned around and dumped it till I was 15k ahead of 3rd. Then I went back for 1st the following week. No donuts.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#16 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

I don't see anyone taking first without donuts.

You need help from teammates yes.  But you would need a whole slew of people feeding you honor.  Because typically you would have to refresh to keep getting more honor.  I know lion has taken 2nd and 3rd before without the donuts. That was with hellp all the way.  With a hammer he could take first, if the competition was light.  But if the competition is heavy, I just don't see it happening.

#17 xyzmncaster

xyzmncaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

agree with Priscilla. we have a very good support system for honour tourneys in our team and even with some players in other teams but still requires donuts to come first. top 10 doesn't but top does.

#18 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

I used the hammer a couple of weeks ago.  No donuts to get top 10 except for missile purchases.  And I have awesome team mates who countered me all day long.  The 2nd week the one that countered me all day took run for 1st and made it to 2nd place.  It can be done without donuts with good help.  If you use donuts to get to first, it is not worth it, waste donuts to win donuts.... but some people just need to do stupid things to show off.

Edited by Silverwing, 04 November 2015 - 08:24 PM.

~~Mark Twain~~

#19 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:11 PM

Also, it depends who you are running against.  If you are running against a donut user who is smart and knows how to run the race, yeah you will need donuts if you want first.

People who take first without the use of donuts---they aren't running against other donut users that week.

#20 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:22 PM

I agree Silverwing its a waist of donuts

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users