Photo

More features that encourage team interaction.

zombie!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bhendo

Bhendo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Team:Bloodforge Zombies
  • World:US1
  • Character:Bendo

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

I think having more team interaction can be the saving grace of a team that is starting out and having to compete with the much older teams.My theory is that if you like the atmosphere and the members of your team you're less likely to leave. Team interaction can also produce more tight-knit teams and also encourage more activity from its members. Here are a few features that have not already been mentioned that can encourage this:

1) The ability to write on a team-mate's hero page like a year book. There is negative space on it to accommodate written text. You can set it so that only members can do so, or particular people, or the public. You will be notified if someone writes on your hero page so you can choose to ignore or approve it. The person's name will be written under the comment. Font, size, text color, and emoticons can give comments a personal touch.

2) Be able to give team mates a helping hand with energy. A member can opt to request energy from members. A good way to do this is to limit the amount of energy you can request and the number of times you can do so a day. Also if a team-mate opts to give a member energy half of the requested energy should be taken from him/her. It's a work in progress but requesting favors in general from your team mates would foster team work.

3) Have team achievements. Like 15 people on at the same time would give donuts to the team pot. Or 10 people active for more than 4 hours in one day would give even more donuts to the pot. Or coins. The possibilities are endless.

4) A team mini-game. Say a few of the members have run out of energy. They can play mini-games with each other in the team page that contribute to the team pot of donuts and coins. Maybe arcade games or puzzle ones. Or maybe a game played in team chat. Of course there should be a limit per day to how much loot can be earned from these mini-games to prevent it from being exploited.

That's all I have for now. I will add more if I think of any. ^_^
  • Capernicus, DevArmaya and Maddog like this

#2 Capernicus

Capernicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Team:Heroes Inc
  • World:US4
  • Character:Reign

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I really like the teamwork idea where you can get teammates to help with missions and lessen the amount of energy to do the mission. I like the team achievements but i think that if you got rewarded for having people on for long periods of time that they might just leave their game on all day and not actually be on. Although that could be fixed by setting an automatic log off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users