Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Team:The Lawn Chair Gang
  • World:US3
  • Character:grothos

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

I wont say if this system is good or bad.(It ruins the recruiting resources and skills of a team but anyway, Playata just thinks of profits, which is what i would do too).
But, we should have the option in Team Fighting Strategies, to  declare what we want to do.

Highest missing players can be used as Stunt Doubles first
Lowest missing players can be used as Stunt Doubles first
Random missing players can be used as Stunt Doubles first.

Or even better, let us choose who we want to be used for a stunt double.

Why do i have to pay 2-4-6 donuts to replace 2x lets say 80lvl players to get to my 200lvl player?

• King of Thieves and xMOx like this

#2 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • World:US2

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

I think its a little dumb to have a stunt double

#3 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:29 AM

I don't like it either Kitten, but we're all in the same boat.

• unnie likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#4 xMOx

xMOx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationControl Room of ZNP
  • Team:Zombie Ninja Pirates
  • Character:xMOx - Leader of ZNP

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

(ninja)     I dislike it, too.  

I´m afraid that we can´t do anything against it.

As grothos said, I understand Playata, but isn´t it just pay-to-win?

I really hope they find a good balance, because there is not much fun left, when only the biggest wallets win.

logo02_zpskz0afmpa.png

#5 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

We're a big wallet team, but we still don't like it. Part of our success has been due to high player turnout rates. It's one of our biggest advantages. And frankly, players are going to spend whatever they're going to spend, but no more. Adding more reasons to spend doesn't increase revenue, it just forces us to spread our budget out over more things. And it chases free or limited budget players from getting invested in the game, which creates a smaller player pool, which creates a less fun game, which creates game demise. One of the things I have always liked about this game is that while money gives me a slight advantage, it isn't a game breaker. Or at least, it wasn't. What's more, it creates an atmosphere where teams might keep high powered inactives over newer active players. This will be detrimental to the game environment as a whole. I really think it's a mistake on the part of the company. 

• centella likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#6 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

Upside is there making money with the donuts....the downside is we're wasting donuts

but its a good thing for both sides

#7 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

Actually,it has the potential to do more harm than good for the company. A LARGE amount of players on US2 came here from another game that went under by grabbing for too much. Again, players will only spend what they always have. Adding more things to spend on won't increase their spending. It may likely drive free or limited budget players away though. And games need even the free players to survive, otherwise it isn't fun for the pay players. So if free players start moving on, so will the pay players in time. Several of us from US2 watched it happen with our previous game, which forced us to come here when it went under due to trying to get their players to spend more and instead having the opposite effect.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#8 xMOx

xMOx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

Interesting....

....but WHY do they act like this again?

We could need more players at US2, but I don´t think that much people want to start under this circumstances.

I will not force my members to donate, if they want to donate it´s cool, but I play to have fun with friendly people. I will not choose my members, because they are good wallet warriors.

logo02_zpskz0afmpa.png

#9 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

My team has a pretty high sign in percentage.  So I don't mind this new thing.  They have it on Big Bang Empire too.  There are a lot of things they have on that game that I would like on this game.  So I think they are pulling things from the games and trying it on the other game.  If we have a guy not sign in, it will be nice for this to kick in.  I won't mind that one bit.  But it has been an advantage to us when other teams don't sign in for their fights.  Will take some time to see if it is an advantage or not.  We are working out a policy for our team right now.  We don't want people to take advantage of it and just not show. 

• King of Thieves likes this

#10 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Interesting....

....but WHY do they act like this again?

We could need more players at US2, but I don´t think that much people want to start under this circumstances.

I will not force my members to donate, if they want to donate it´s cool, but I play to have fun with friendly people. I will not choose my members, because they are good wallet warriors.

Not all our players are. Most aren't. But some are. And the ones who do spend would spend no matter what game they play. However they are going to spend what they feel comfortable spending, not more. When I say my team is a wallet team, I mean w/i our ranks, there's a lot of resources. I don't mean we require anyone to spend.  Our entire team expansion was done by only 2 players. In fact, I often tell people to NOT spend on the team, but instead use their resources on their toon. But some folks want to help out anyway. 

Also, I think you misunderstand  what I'm saying above. Players spending money doesn't kill a game. Players feeling like they have to spend kills a game.

Edited by King of Thieves, 10 June 2015 - 10:03 PM.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#11 xMOx

xMOx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:08 PM

I just said what i had in mind about the whole thing. It´s everyones own decission how much they spend. I don´t judge someone, cause it´s all part of the game. I´m happy for you, that it all works well.

I thought about the rules from some other teams and don´t want them for mine, that´s all.

....but as Priscilla said, we will see if it´s an advantage. Time will tell. I´m just hoping it´s stil playable for everyone.

• King of Thieves likes this

logo02_zpskz0afmpa.png

#12 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:36 AM

Personally, one of the things I really liked when I started playing this game was, that while spending helps, it's hardly a game breaker or game changer. Free players are quite able to have as much success as pay players. Because of this, you don't find teams that are strictly elite pay players, but instead a mix of budgets from high end players to free ones. Several of our free players and budget players are just as valuable, or nearly so, as our high end players. So the ability of free players being able to compete with high end players is a huge draw. I really liked that, for the most part, pay players were spending money on time saving devices rather than strength boosting. This creates a lot more balance between pay and free players.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#13 elboboo

elboboo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Team:sidekick rescue
  • World:US9
  • Character:Elboboo7

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

Ok so the whole stunt doubles needs some fixing and it could be done easily. First of all they should be limited per fight lets say 3 would be a good number. Second you should have to set what players are going to get to use the stunt doubles when you set the fight this way if you know player A. and B. wont be able to sign in they are covered. Along with that if they do sign in you don't lose the stunt double but you can't use it for another player either. The way the system is now they are just making the strong teams stronger and hurting the smaller teams that have wonderful rates of turnout for fights that can take advantage of the big teams that half the members don't show up. My team has beaten many stronger teams then ourselves with our hard work and great sign in for fights and this is going to hinder our advancement to the top. thanks for listening and hope some of this is implemented into the system

• SuperSamSam and King of Thieves like this

#14 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWherever the wind brings me.
  • Character:SuperSamSam[deleted]

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

I believe, too, that a limitation of uses per fight would be a good idea.

I've always been a big fan of Playata, and the updates. But I don't think, I would be playing for more than a week if I just started.

Now, it just feels like they are trying to push us out of the game, and everyday they just seem closer to suceed.

I understand that they have to make profit, and that they have to reward the big teams. But everyone should be able to play with an illusion of fairness.

If my teammates don't sign in, I believe the other team, even if it is weaker, deserves to win. The stunt doubles were, for me, disappointing and revolting.

Please, echo elboboo's and grotho's suggestions.

Please, ask yourselves if you can, still, call HZ a " F2P " game.
  • King of Thieves and elboboo like this

The life of a Sam is only a succession of awkward moments. Like this one right here, I have no idea how to finish this statement. Thus, I'm just going to stop right here. :)

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

"Wrap your troubles in dreams, and dream your troubles away." - Kermit Ruffins.

Be nice to one another, you don't know who is behind the screen.If you take anything I say online seriously ... you should see someone.You are here to have fun, right ? So start having fun ...

---

#15 grothos

grothos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Team:The Lawn Chair Gang
  • Character:grothos

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

If you cant choose who or in which order the Stunt doubles will be, its just an idea of a useless money maker. Money maker yes,but useless in the game. So the idea is good, but the execution is poor, so no longer is a money maker. Melons > Stunt doubles.
Teams that keep their inactive high players to use them half stated in defence, or now use them as stunt doubles instead of trying to get new, are in my opinion desperate. I dont see any extra donuts being spent towards SD as King said :)

• SuperSamSam likes this

#16 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:10 PM

I hope you're right. But desperate or not, if it gives an advantage, high end wallet players will do it. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#17 Ahmedabrar

Ahmedabrar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Team:Nuns In Gstrings
  • Character:KingThakur

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:32 PM

Stunt doubles should be gifted to all teams like melons