King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

I did a little math on the price of donuts for each country and noticed some countries pay more than others for donuts. I'm taking into account the exchange rate. I was wondering why this is the case.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#2 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

Some countries *cough*Canada*Cough* always pay more than the U.S. for everything, KoT. 

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#3 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • World:US1
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

I'm not sure how the prices are determined, there must be a few factors at play. My country also has a HZ server and there you pay a bit less money and get more donuts than on any US server. It makes sense 'cause you gotta take into account that some countries have bigger per capita income and some smaller. I can also give an example with movie tickets, it's considerably cheaper to go to the cinema here, because if the prices were the same as in the US, it would make it too expensive to watch something. Can't really make the same argument for other countries though.

The game makes profit from the sale of donuts, advertising but it also has cost of server maintenance, staff wages, fixed costs. Since the game has lots of players who buy donuts, I'm sure they explored the markets enough to put a relatively fair price for each country.

#4 Keetje

Keetje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Team:Team Awesome
  • World:US1
  • Character:Keetje

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Some countries *cough*Canada*Cough* always pay more than the U.S. for everything, KoT. 

Oh..... I'm not an expert, but If I've to choose between fueling in U.S. or Canada, than that's an easy choiche.

It's in Canada like 100% cheaper than in U.S. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users