10 replies to this topic

#1 HZ Noob

HZ Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:26 AM

Hi,

In the second hand shop I see there is p2w equipment. How are the stats on this equipment determined? For instance: Based on current level, set at lvl XXX, random, grows with the character.

Thanks,

Noob

#2 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

The equipment is based on your stats but there is a certain randomness of high to low within each piece. Your best bang is when your Toon is a little bigger. You can buy the gear at any level but at the lower levels you will outgrow it fairly quickly. 

Forgot to mention, if the gear is not quite to your liking as far as stat distribution goes, you can wash it. But washing is random as well and it could take a few washings to get the stats you like.

• PostmodernPugilist likes this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#3 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

Lord have mercy I can't ever keep up with terminology on this game.  What is p2w?

#4 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

Pay 2 Win. It is a fairly general term across many games used to describe anywhere a player pays real money for an advantage. 

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

#5 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

They do add 7% to your stats, so they do grow as you grow, but not so much that they don't still get outdated. On average, they are outdated after around 20-30 levels.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#6 HZ Noob

HZ Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

Concise and excellent help. Thank you for the answer. Might I suggest you add it to the FAQ? I was amazed it wasn't there.

Thank you for taking the time to help a noob!

• PostmodernPugilist and King of Thieves like this

#7 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

I'm curious why they are available to some players and not others. I know they weren't always available to me, but eventually popped up early on in my play. So I have to assume there's a trigger that makes them available, but what is that trigger? I assume it involves making donut purchases, but I could be mistaken. Does anyone know that can answer?

I'm bringing sexy back!

#8 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

They were always there for me and I don't really buy donuts to speak of. So I don't know.

After the soft cap and for sure closer to 300 the suits last more than 20 30 levels, they last a long time. I bought my current around level 300 and I am 340 now but i still find only items negative 125 or more. I heard you replace when you find suit items around negative 50 or 60 ish.

#9 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:22 AM

For me, it's still about 30 levels. I'm at 304. It's true though that as you grow in power, the longer they last on average because the 7% makes more and more difference the more sp you have. The higher you go up in level, the more sp per level you tend to gain. So the more the suit grows per level. 

As far as the secret offers in the store go, I didn't have them at first. I was surprised when I did see them and thought I just didn't notice them before. But then a teammate informed me he didn't have it and asked how to get it, to which I responded that I didn't know.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#10 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

I am not sure why some can see the special offers and some cannot, but I do know that as you level up, more items become available in the store, so perhaps there is a level trigger involved...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#11 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

Yep, secret offers start at level 25.

• King of Thieves likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users