• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tacotacotaco

Tacotacotaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:41 AM

Hey, ever since the latest patch, HZ will not load in any of my browsers on my PC.  It just goes in endless loop of it trying to load.  It will load just fine on my smartphone.  Any ideas???

Thanks,

TTT

#2 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • World:US2
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Try clearing your cache, and cookies in the browser(s) you use. Then reload again. I hope you'll get it sorted out!

• PostmodernPugilist and Despaira like this

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

#3 Tacotacotaco

Tacotacotaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

Did all of that and uninstalled Flash, reinstalled it, restarted PC, still keeps looping.  Any other ideas?

TTT

#4 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

Did all of that and uninstalled Flash, reinstalled it, restarted PC, still keeps looping.  Any other ideas?

TTT

At this point I have to recommend trying to see if you can get in on another PC, which would reveal if the problem is on your computer or due to the other end of the connection (the game). If nothing helps, I still suggest Game Support for more extensive help in these matters. Please note, that if/when you choose to do so, be sure to include all available information and possibly also a screenshot (preferably the whole screen), clearly describing how and where the problem occurs.

--> Game support

#5 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • World:US1
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

Well, it's happened to me on some occasions. It was because another person in my household on the same network was downloading something and it made the game much slower and sometimes impossible to enter. So check if anyone other than you is connected also.

#6 Tacotacotaco

Tacotacotaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

Okay, I went to a different PC and HZ loaded just fine.  However on my PC, I've again uninstalled Flash, Shockwave and then reinstalled them after a PC reboot.  I still get the same result, HZ load screen continuously loops on all browsers: IE, Chrome, and Mozilla.  

Any other ideas?  Thanks for the help.

#7 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Okay, I went to a different PC and HZ loaded just fine.  However on my PC, I've again uninstalled Flash, Shockwave and then reinstalled them after a PC reboot.  I still get the same result, HZ load screen continuously loops on all browsers: IE, Chrome, and Mozilla.  

Any other ideas?  Thanks for the help.

I've got one last idea. Try opening a ticket with Game Support clearly describing who you are, where you play etc, and the problem if you haven't done it already. Through there they might find a solution if it's related to your account somehow. 

To me it's quite clear already, that this has to do with something on your PC, so try to do more troubleshooting and test new browsers, for instance Opera freshly installed. 

#8 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

I have had issues like this on occasion, and later found that the problem was that my computer had gotten a virus from downloads or e-mail... try running a good virus protection program in boot-time scan mode... this usually clears the issue for me.

• PostmodernPugilist likes this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#9 Dogmeat

Dogmeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Team:Chaos Rulez
  • Character:xDogmeatx

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

There are a myriad of possibilities. Typically when you have a reload is when the page that is being loaded generates an error that causes the browser to refresh the page. If you HZ was working the day before and you hadn't change your browser settings, or added or updated and extensions or plugins, your firewall or anti-virus software was not updated, and if things are not working after the update, something points to the game update.

Seems that was the case for the last update. I believe that a couple of new servers were added to the startup list. Newly registered servers whose domain hasn't been updated for a lot of DNS for ISPs. That can take an hour or up to 3 days before your ISP's DNS is updated. Untll then, that server will return as "invalid" or "non-existent". Likely the problem will go away after a few days.

As an alternative, if you originally played through Facebook and you had unbinded to play through the off-site page, you could try playing through Facebook. Or play through a proxy where the new domain is registered.

I do think Support should announce new domains/addresses being checked to give people the heads up.

Dogmeattiny.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users