Photo

10% loot of coin onhand for winning duels.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • World:US1
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Pvp in this game is utterly painless.  So you lose a small amount of honor, big deal... there needs to be more rewards/consequences for winning and losing imo.  I have played many browser games in the past and in fact have usually been atop the leaderboards for most due to my aggressive and competitive nature.

One aspect in particular I enjoyed from other games was the ability to loot (for example): 10% of whatever amount of coins that player had onhand at the time.  This simple feature alone would most certainly reinvigorate dueling which atm is rather boring imo.  Nothing more exciting than say hitting a player for 50-100k+ coins per pop.

Players trying to hoard coins for the big spender deeds would become human pinatas and quickly targeted in guild chat until their coins were heavily depleted.  Imagine the fun!

Now before all the crybaby carebears jump in and say "No don't let my coins be ransacked!" allow me to enlighten you how Playata could benefit from this scenario:

With 10% loot onhand added more players would be tempted to buy the 50% skill booster for nuts whereas now it may not be a priority for some.  You could also introduce a new booster perhaps as well.  Something along the lines of reducing the amount of coins stolen from duels lost: 10 and 25% for coin and 50% for donut (same tiers as we have now).  This way a player could at most only lose 5% with the best shield booster and with attacks being limited to 3 daily anyways, this would not impede progression.

Personally I think this game desperately needs this feature to make dueling more fun and rewarding.  Hitting the same ppl over and over daily for piddly amounts of honor and coin just for the sake of deed completion is tedious and boring.  Make consequences for losing and give rewards for aggressive players.  The game and its players would most certainly benefit imo.

• A T R, incredible9 and shadow40 like this

#2 MortiXD

MortiXD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Team:DW
  • Character:MortiXD

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

i agree 100%. i dont care about honor so loosing duels is meanigless for me, and while dueling is fun and interesting for new players for those that can be considered old its just another daily thing barerly noticable.

#3 A T R

A T R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn my cloud.
  • Character:ATR

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

This is a wonderful idea, currently the PVP system feels hollow for many there is no reason to take part. With this small amendment it would give purpose and functionality encouraging players to take part and also perhaps use skill boosters which many persons neglect.

I strongly support this idea.

#4 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Team:The Pooh Tang Clan

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

No offence but you know you guys would never lose of course you would suggest this; more coin > more skill points > stronger you get.

Don't get me wrong I agree its boring and pointless at times but stealing off the weak isn't the answer.

(yes it is basically stealing as you know you wont ever lose)

Edited by Cannonman, 27 June 2014 - 09:27 AM.

• incredible9 likes this

#5 Zagarth

Zagarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

This is idea is good to improve and get more advantage only for the big character in the game. If nobody, for example (and it's possible), can defeat the first hero on honor rank, you can understand that this kind of duel give to him a huge advantage. More gains and never losses. The second strongest hero will collect one losses and for the remain duels only gains and etc...

So, pratically, no significant positive changes for the actually honor rank and pvp in general. We should only create more disappoint from the little ones.

So, it's not possible to accept this kind of pvp system :)

• Cannonman likes this

#6 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

I am not making the suggestion simply for the sake of hoping to benefit from it myself...  A new character starting over and focusing on purely coin over xp while dueling heavily would eventually be infinitely more stronger than myself.  This due to the fact that they could now loot *so much more coin* from an earlier level than I ever could/did.  I think it would make competition much more aggressive across the board from early levels on up.

#7 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Disagree completely, but not really in the mood for an argument.

More pros than cons for those who rarely lose duels; I believe you yourself said you haven't lost a duel in over a year?

#8 Keetje

Keetje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Team:Team Awesome
  • Character:Keetje

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Sorry, but I don't like it. I'm saving for the 60 mil deed, and I don't duel a lot because I don't like. If this idea comes, I'm needed to attack other players all time, or I will lose money. Also, if I'm close to the 60mil deed, I will lose 3 mil money (maybe by a level 300, who told all his guildmembers that you earn like 2/3 miley money attacking me).

No fun, but I understand it is fun for you. lol 

Edit:

I also play a another game, where you lose 5% of your coin's when you die. Point of that game is, is that you have the possibility to safe your coins in a special 'reactor' in a special own zone. So you can choose by your own, how much money you want to have in your hand. Your reactor can be killed too in your HQ, but that isn't easy stuff and too long story to explain.

If this idea will come (what it probably won't, if I read Zagarth), than it is not fair if you don't have a possibility to hide money, and since money isn't really important here to have in hand, nobody will safe money in his hand, so that doesn't work out neither.  :rolleyes:

#9 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Make it so that you can only loot say +/- 15 lvls of your current lvl (as an example) but you can still hit players regularly for honor regardless of lvl as its currently implemented.  This way you prevent high lvls from farming the entire server since only those targets in range would apply.  

This isn't just about the "strong getting stronger and the weak staying weak" but rather I am trying to improve upon our current duel system which atm is a total bore.  Using the above example of a +/- 15 lvl range that leaves only 5 players outside my team atm who would fall into my range for looting.  Hardly a gamebreaking advantage for me... but it would still be more fun than what we have now.

If this were implemented and I could somehow magically be reimbursed the thousands of donuts I spent on this game (hah) I would gladly reset to start all over at lvl 1 just for the sheer FUN and challenge of seeing how much coin I could amass for training daily.  Ultimately, by the end I would be even stronger than I am now as a result so newer players would by no means be disadvantaged imo if it were implemented.

#10 Keetje

Keetje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

That's make chances (about that +/- 15 levels). I think a good way of making the duels more interested is to make a chance like 10% on a SURPRISE BOX, who gives a skillpoint, good amount of money, or good amount of honor. and you've 1% chance in that box of getting a SET item or a PET, and 5% chance of getting donuts. ^^

But that's how I think ^^

#11 MortiXD

MortiXD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Team:DW
  • Character:MortiXD

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

this idea would work best with new servers but even on old ones things would even themselfes out.

and cannon while i somewhat agree with u but is it not logical that strongest players simply dont loose all that much especially when they dont want to hah and what i find odd is do u want now better stat wise players to loose to some hlvl no-stat gimps weird.

well all in all its an idea one that would improve pvp feature cos lets be honest right now its stale and rusting.

and keetje u kinda confirmed that too u dont use pvp cos it doesnt offer u all that much.

and lastly in this game u stay weak if and only if u choose to.

#12 Keetje

Keetje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Yes, PVP system is at this moment really boring!!

#13 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

+- 15 levels doesn't work either as it will still create a range of players who never have a chance e.g

Excrucio has a Total skill point total of 45500 (or there abouts) for a level 358.

Assuming he wouldn't attack his own team members the following users would get bashed.

Level         Skill Total

hiurkl                       363              28118

spork                       357              31489

baga                        349              30864

XanderNightHawk     343              27308

So these 4 could be constantly bashed by the top players in the game leaving them without coins.

And what happens when these four keep getting bashed? it flows down stream! They now fight the weak players in their level range.... Then what do those guys do now who just lost a duel to these guys? They then pass it down the line! Can you honestly not see how this could get out of control?

How i see it working...

Top players farm the lower levels and get 27.1% of there gold daily. Since the higher players RARELY if ever lose the gold will continue to come from down stream and head up stream.

Ultimately, by the end I would be even stronger than I am now as a result so newer players would by no means be disadvantaged imo if it were implemented.

Sure perhaps on a new server..... but you already have a clear year and a half advantage over any new player with being in a team with 4+ trainers for years?. They would never be able to get enough coin to; not only over take you but get to the stage where they have a clear advantage over everyone else.

Sounds like a Robin hood's idea gone wrong! Steal from the poor and give to the rich!

I think you're trying to sell this as being an advantage to new players when clearly it has more advantages for stronger players.

I'd admit myself I don't really use the PVP system mainly because its boring, but this isn't the answer to make it better.

#14 Doof

Doof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Team:Born Legacy
  • Character:Doofensmirtz

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

I am trying to improve upon our current duel system which atm is a total bore.

Looks like it's working since it's sparking conversations about how to improve the current dueling system.

One way you could get people to compete for rankings is to give some kind of daily bonus at reset based on ranking. You could have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes, as well as 4-10th, 11-20th, or something in that fashion.

For example:

1. 5 donuts + (current level)*(10000 coins)

2. 3 donuts + (current level)*(8000 coins)

3. 1 donut + (current level)*(5000 coins)

4-10. (current level)*(4000 coins)

etc. etc.

Just an idea.

When it comes to havoc, no one wreaks like me!

#15 Law

Law

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Character:Law

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

One way you could get people to compete for rankings is to give some kind of daily bonus at reset based on ranking. You could have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes, as well as 4-10th, 11-20th, or something in that fashion.

Even this type of system would tend to favor the top players, since they will consistently take the top spots, receive the highest rewards, use those rewards to become stronger, and continue to take the top spots. Lather, rinse, repeat...

Ultimately, any type of system along these lines will have powerful players who use the rewards to grow more powerful, but they can still be beaten. The dueling system would not be the only way to get money. In other games that have already implemented something like this, there are top players who stay near the top but if you look, they are often so interested in moving from number 4 to number 3 (random example) that they focus more on the players near their rank. Plus, even those players can and eventually are unseated.

A level restriction would help prevent abuse. If that wasn't enough, some games have a bank or a vault, typically with a fee of, say, 20% per deposit! and that money is not subject to the loot penalty for losing a duel. If you are saving for that big deed, you can deposit the money and the fee means it will take about 20% longer to save enough! or you can gamble and keep it on you but risk losing it in duels. Yet another strategic component we would have to factor in to our planning.

You could even, if so desired, set up a general dueling area and a tournament area. Loses in the tournament area would not be subject to loss of coins but would affect ranking, and vice versa in the general area. Then, if you spent all of your dueling energy (or whatever it is called) attacking players for coins, you wouldn't have enough to keep up a decent position in the tournaments. People would have to decide between a smaller, short-term gain or a potentially much larger long-term gain.

Plus, since you cannot attack other players an infinite number of times, the limited numbers of very powerful characters would have a finite impact on the server as a whole. Each less powerful tier would contain a greater number of players, meaning a higher likelihood of someone finding a way to unseat them.

Ultimately, I think this sort of system will have to be introduced to keep the game thriving. It will need adjusting and tweaking, especially at first, but every new feature does. If some people are so terribly opposed, they could always go old school and have a separate, no pop server, but I really don't think it would be necessary. Why not establish a test server and give this setup a shot? Then, if it is bust, the server can be deleted and no one's primary character is affected.

Think about this...when playing poker or blackjack or something like that with friends, doesn't playing for money, even if it is only a very small amount, make the game more interesting? The risk is part of what gives value to the reward.

Just the thoughts of one humble player.
I have no jurisdiction or chain of command.
I am beholden to no one and the code I follow is my own.

The only other fact you need to know about me is that I...am...LAW!!!

#16 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

Agree that the dueling system is a bore but the idea for me personally comes too much far into the game, with a bit of tweaking (e.g. lvl restriction) I think it would work on a new server but that won't function because every server new or old has the same conditions and it wouldn't be fair for one to have that extra advantage over the other.

The idea that I would suggest is to perhaps have a weekly competition apart from the already existing one which requires to have, for example, a 100 won duels in a week, 5 team battles won and 1500 energy used so only players that fulfill those conditions get a reward for their effort (I'll say coins according to their lvl, piece of of clothing or a pet and 10 donuts). So basically this would be an event just given out every week. It would very much complicate the situation for players that are losing honor because they would have to win duels rather than losing them and they would also lose the reward if they leave their team to lose honor.

Also what nobody mentioned and I just have to say it out loud is that it's ridiculous how everyone says that players aren't allowed to have multiple accs when I know people (not on this server since I'm not that familiar with the players) who have 5 or more of them, some who regularly play other people's characters and not one of them was ever banned or anything like that. From a friend I heard that admins do know about it but are unwilling to react because "it would destroy the game entirely and players would stop playing it". Then what's the point of having rules at all?

Anyway, my point is that some things need to be sorted out before adding some features that would be heavily exploited and never punished. Sorry for the longer reply, usually I like to be brief but some stuff really bug me. -_-

• Excrucio and Ansane like this

#17 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

The idea that I would suggest is to perhaps have a weekly competition apart from the already existing one which requires to have, for example, a 100 won duels in a week, 5 team battles won and 1500 energy used so only players that fulfill those conditions get a reward for their effort (I'll say coins according to their lvl, piece of of clothing or a pet and 10 donuts). So basically this would be an event just given out every week. It would very much complicate the situation for players that are losing honor because they would have to win duels rather than losing them and they would also lose the reward if they leave their team to lose honor.

I think your suggestion has merit.  Leave the duels as they are (boring as it may be) but hybridize it and make it have more tournament-oriented goals.  I have never been able to compete in the current honor tournaments since I refuse to "dump" honor so those deeds I can never complete but your idea would allow me to compete.  I used to do 50-100 duels a day (no refills, just hitting every 10 min.)  back when I was motivated.  Good suggestion.

• lucy likes this

#18 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Thank you for bringing this up for discussion, Excrucio. The motivation  is nowhere and I rarely do duels (only for one reason; the coin reward - when I have the time). 

One suggestion I found very interesting and reasonable was Lucy's suggestion. After spending the energy, you could focus on duels and get rewards without having to lose honor in order to be able to compete in the tournament. Interesting suggestion.  :)

• lucy likes this

#19 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Tnx for the support, I have a good idea every now and then. :P

#20 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, lots of good suggestions in this thread for revamping the duel system.  I think we all agree the current system is lackluster at best.  The game has come a long ways since from when I started but there is still plenty of room for improvement.  Hopefully the devs will consider making some kind of change for the better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users