#1 Ricardo

Ricardo

Advanced Member

• Team Hero Zero
  • 34 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dear players,

This is a time of sharing and giving, and in this spirit we have decided to promote a small contest. We invite all player to write a small christmas story, and we will reward the 3 most liked by your fellow players.
You will have until the end of the 23rd of December to submit and/or vote.

Theme for the texts: how your hero saved christmas

Note: the text need to have at least 15 sentences. Also to be eligable to the prize you will need a minimum of 20 votes.
Don't forget to tell us your game name and server.
To enter all you need to do is answer to this topic with your text. And the votes will be the "likes" on your post.
The posts that do not valid participations will be removed without warning.

Prizes

1st place: 150 donuts
2nd place: 100 donuts
3rd place: 50 donuts

• Zagarth likes this

#2 mogiks

mogiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hero name: ellax

Server: US1

And my entry:

Christmas Eve: for the first time all year, the Dark Wing team room was quiet. Most of the members had returned to their families for the holiday. Sadly, one person had to stay behind to deter others from attacking, and on that day that sorry duty fell to me, Ellax. I lounged disconsolately in one of the chairs, watching my feline sidekick destroy some Hasselhoff records. Without meaning to I began to doze off.

The emergency siren jarred me awake. Red alert! I jumped up and dashed to the console; the screens before me flickered on and I was confronted with the distressed face of the mayor of Yollywood, Patrick Moss. "Ellax! Thank god someone's still there. I feared everyone would be gone for Christmas!"

"Mayor, what's happened?!"

"The Grinch has kidnapped Noelle Claus, Santa's daughter! My son Chris is distraught. Their wedding was supposed to be today! And now Santa has shut down all his toy factories and ordered all the elves and reindeer to look for his daughter. If we don't find her soon, Christmas will be cancelled!"

I noted how panicked he looked. "Mayor, don't worry," I said firmly. "I assure you everything will be alright. Leave it to me!"

20 minutes of research on the internet was all it took; these days even villains leave a trail online! "Come on, Apollo!" I said as I ran to grab my cape. My sidekick leapt eagerly to my side. "Let's go save Christmas!!"  

Within ten minutes we had reached Chez Pierre, an abandoned French restaurant on the edge of Yollywood. I now knew that this was where Noelle and the Grinch had their first date when they were teenagers! Once I had found out they'd dated, it was quite simple to deduce the Grinch's plan. Of course stopping his old love from marrying the mayor's son was his primary motive; ruining Christmas was just the icing on the cake!

After surveying the room below, Apollo and I burst through the skylight and in the ensuing confusion Apollo jumped onto the Grinch's face to block his vision while I restrained him and tied him up.  That done, I went over to release Noelle Claus, who had been gagged and tied to a chair in a corner of the room. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" she said, glaring at the Grinch with hatred. "He didn't hurt me. But am I too late for the wedding?"

"Not at all. There's a car waiting to take you there outside. Go on," I said, smiling as I donned a pair of shades. "Marry Chris Moss."

• Excrucio, LOGGEDin, Gloosy and 14 others like this

#3 russell gg9

russell gg9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

hero name missy

server us1

The cold bright crystal flakes fell to earth glittering in the moonlight only to turn grey and dirty as they hit the city, I smiled to myself, just like the city to soil everything it touched. I had been sitting frozen on the roof watching the bar for what seemed like an eternity, why I had taken the job I couldn’t say, probably for the coins, always the coins, find the man they said, bring him to us they said, we will throw in a donut they said and like a fool with greed in heart I said yes. The man had eluded me twice now once in Switzerland and once in the state capitol. I was not losing him again. I had tracked him to the sleazy side of the big crumble to a bar called papa noels, a bar that served cheep booze and the girls danced in far too little red and white, I had cased the joint, in disguise, skin tight lycra and high heeled boots could give the wrong impression in that sort of place. He was there booze in one hand a girl on the other the rest of the bar ignored him, I wasn’t surprised, he had ruined too many  childhood dreams to be welcomed in a place like this. So I waited, I wanted him alone and drunk. The bar door opened he came out staggering, his beard stained with drink his red suit dirty and torn, his jolly face pulled into a scowl. I swooped, cape streaking behind me pulling my twin pearl handled 45s out as I landed, don’t get me wrong superpowers are cool but hot lead is lethal. I didn’t give him a chance I emptied both guns and the fat man went down, easy I thought as I blew smoke from both barrels and tried to get the ringing out of my ears. I walked towards the prone figure, I nudged him with my boot, easy I thought again, then he moved, who could have thought a fat man could be so quick, my legs were taken out from me and I hit the floor, then he was up and running, boots sloshing through the slush.  I threw myself after him and caught him at the corner, grabbing hold of his coat and pulling I span him around and sent him spinning into a shop window scattering manikins and clothes as he smashed through the glass. He stood up slowly , one eye was closed and bleeding the other bloodshot, he  looked at me, “is that the best you can do kid” he bellowed and charged, his big black gloved mitts slapping at me,i ducked the first but one connected and I staggered back , sensing an opening he balled a fist and punched me , blood exploded from my nose and I flew back hitting a parked taxi  knocking it back twenty feet, then he was on me, punching  and kicking I rolled into a ball trying desperately to think of a way out, I thought back to what they had told me when I had taken the case, bingo! I knew what had to be done. I grabbed at the black booted foot coming down to stomp me and caught it, twisted it and pushed, I heard the ankle break, and a scream of pain as he fell back, I pushed myself up bleeding and tattered in time to see him turn and try to flee dragging his foot behind him, I called out to him pulling a sheet of paper from my pouch”I have a letter for you”. He stopped, turned and looked at me, his face a mask of terror as his good eye focused on the paper, his hand now shaking took the paper and he started to read, he started to sob, I smiled, I knew I had him. Quickly I gathered the remaining items I had been told about but dismissed as nonsense and soon had the fat guy sitting on the sidewalk eating cookies and drinking milk sobbing quietly. I made the call and the sled landed, reindeer and all; the elves got out nodded at me. Pulling cattle prods the elves jabbed at the red guy causing him to drop his cookie and cry out in pain. They pushed him towards the sled until he was firmly seated at the front then using heavy iron rune marked chains fixed him in place. The lead elf approached me and spoke his voice high pitched and squeaky”we thank you for your help, he will not escape us again, this may seem cruel but he must pay for his crimes and eternal life living in an icy prison, forced to make an endless stream of toys and then visiting every house on earth once a year until the end of time is his sentence. Do not feel sorry for him”.  I looked at him then dressed in red and white” what did he do?” I asked,” it’s in the name, just move the n “the elf replied. They cracked the whip and as the sled took him away Santa mouthed the words “help me” and I shed a tear for Satan.

• dcasso, mogiks, UDareUTake and 4 others like this

#4 UDareUTake

UDareUTake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:UDareUTake

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hero : UDareUTake

Server : US1

Ancient history speaks of a great battle between the masked hero and the powerful Grinch Lord-Otila.

Otila was born in the Royal Grinch Family. In his younger days he was cast out of the family during christmas due to his inability to communicate with people and the bad habit of making rude remarks at his father the king, because of his inability to communicate properly, he was made fun by people wherever he goes, he swore to himself that he will seek revenge one day.

Days and months went past, the anger and rage within him grew stronger.

One fateful night, summoned from the pure hatred from Otila’s mind, an ancient Grinch Gowa appeared. Gowa saw the darkness in Otila and decided to help him and gave him the Dark robe of chaos. The Dark robe of chaos will transform to the owner’s most hated item and give him power of darkness, the stronger the hatred, the more powerful the robe will become.

Otila wore the Dark Robe of chaos and as Christmas is the most hated day of his life, it instantly transformed into a Santa’s outfit, giving Otila a tremendous amount of power.

With his new found power, Otila wrecked havoc  across the land, breaking apart families and destroying homes. He began his iron-fist rule on the land and on every Christmas, he will begin his rampage all over again. For years to come, Christmas became a nightmare for all, that is until the masked hero appeared.

Little is known about the masked hero, except that he was raised by the ancient mountain dragon, hailed the “Dark Wing”, due to the dark shadows it cast from its gigantic wings when flying across the land.

The masked hero travelled the lands and rallied warriors  to stand up against Otila.

On Christmas Eve, he launched an attack into Otila’s Castle, the Masked hero and the warriors made short work of Otila’s henchmen, and quickly arrived into Otila’s Chamber.

A great battle erupted between them, the fight went on for hours and finally in the end, Otila is defeated.  But before Otila can be destroyed, he cast a curse onto himself, breaking his soul into a million pieces. He screamed “ I will return to seek revenge every Christmas, One will fall but more will rise! Mark my words.. I will be back!!! ….” With that, Otila vanished, and the masked hero and the warriors claimed victory.

Knowing that Otila will return, they later form a brotherhood which is now known as Dark Wing, to protect the land from all evil, and prevent Otila from ever destroying Christmas again.

It was later revealed that the masked hero was a small boy who had his family and home destroyed by Otila many years ago, and his name was UDareUTake.

The End

• Excrucio, mogiks, Midulf and 12 others like this

#5 emmanuel11

emmanuel11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Character:emmanuel11

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Dear players,

This is a time of sharing and giving, and in this spirit we have decided to promote a small contest. We invite all player to write a small christmas story, and we will reward the 3 most liked by your fellow players.
You will have until the end of the 23rd of December to submit and/or vote.

Theme for the texts: how your hero saved christmas

Note: the text need to have at least 15 sentences. Also to be eligable to the prize you will need a minimum of 20 votes.
Don't forget to tell us your game name and server.
To enter all you need to do is answer to this topic with your text. And the votes will be the "likes" on your post.
The posts that do not valid participations will be removed without warning.

Prizes

1st place: 150 donuts
2nd place: 100 donuts
3rd place: 50 donuts

#6 FroggyFresh

FroggyFresh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Team:NOT TELLING HEHE
  • World:US2
  • Character:FROGGYFRESH

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Hero name: FroggyFresh

Server: US2

On a Chilly christmas Eve, a bunch of villains, Were up to no good. Theses villains were running around robbing convenient stores and gas stations, as well as stealing presents and lighting fires to Christmas trees. many citizens were terrified of these, sinister Villains. Children were scared to play outside. As FroggyFresh Was walking the streets of Humpreydale, He knew that these disastrous events were taking place, Because he had just helped Mr. And Mrs. Mackeral, Another trampoline incident. He saw them pushing over trash cans and busting windows and tearing down Christmas decor. This was the last straw, FroggyFresh was angered, you don't like him when he's angry; He turns into FrogMan. Frogman was ready to show these clowns what the real christmas spirit was about. He got his hindlegs ready and Sprang into action kicking one of the hooligans in the face. one down 4 to go. Froggy was outnumbered, and theres wasn't another hero in sight. the others were off helping santa clause with something. WACK WACK WACK WACK..froggy had been spanked with an epic riding crop.. Aargh,,,, froggy falls to the floor in pain. It was the bully he kicked in the face. "did ya think it would be that easy taking down a champ like me?" While on the ground froggy looked at the bully and said, "You're not a champ, Champs don't goaraound ruining christmas for innocent Civillians" the villians started to laugh at froggy and mock him. That was it. He shot out his long stick tongue, wrapped it around the skinniest bully he saw and knocked him into the rest of the bullies. one of them stood up in pain he took out a geranade and threw it towards froggy, But this grenade was no ordinary grenade. ti had flies inside of it. FLIES. Frogmans only weakness. he had to stop and eat some. Then the bully got ontop of him and started hitting him. Bad idea. Froggy jumped up and landed backwards so that the bully would be squashed. the other 3 were out. it finally came downn to froggy and one of the last bullies. this one had a BlowDryer. he started using it against forggy and He was getting weak from the heat. There was only one thing left to do, froggy didnt want to resort to this, but he injected some boosts, a skill booster, Now froggy isn't the type of person to encourage the use of steroids, but he had to, to save chritsmas. After he had injected the steroids he fealt so much better. he straight punched the buly in the face. Then he started to cry. and froggy said, come with me. im taking you to jail. the bully gave in and got on forggy's back when froggy was goign away with the villain, he noticed all the neighborhood kids came outside and started playing, some residents were redecorating, and some were greatful. 

THE END

• dcasso, mogiks, Flynn and 8 others like this

#7 LOGGEDin

LOGGEDin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDendermonde, Belgium
  • Team:ForeverAlone
  • Character:LOGGEDin

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hero name: LOGGEDin

Server: US1

"Meh, just another month without any holiday lying ahead of us", I thought to myself as I ripped off the November sheet of my calendar.

But suddenly a picture flahed before my eyes - a fir tree with strange ornaments on it. Shiny, coloured glass balls, bent sticks with red and white lines, and thin stripes of metallic foil, accompanied by stars that looked like being made of straw, and wooden figurines with bird wings playing on strange flutes. There also were burning candles on every twig, giving the tree a homely glow.

Over all it looked very festive, but I had no idea where this image came from, because I was sure I had never seen anything like that before. So I didn't really pay much attention to it and went on with preparing Yoyodyne's annual financial statements over the next few weeks.

But then, on December 19th, I found some strange expenses. "Candy canes". "Spices for hot wine". "Gingerbread". "Speculoos". I didn't know what to make out of that, so I tried to find background info on who bought these, when, and for which department. It seemed as if everything lead to one well hidden section on the Yoyodyne servers, and it was password protected.

- You are not logged in -   I was told when I tried opening it.

"Don't be silly, system, of course I am! I'm the one and only LOGGEDin there is!", I screamed out in anger, waving around my ID in front of the webcam.

Suddenly, the folders opened. I couldn't believe what I found: Yoyodyne had erased a whole festive season called Christmas out of everyone's memory! I can't explain how they did it, but obviously they wanted to keep the merriment to a small circle of selected important persons.

I couldn't let that go on!

Luckily, everything anyone could need for preparing a christmassy home was right at hand - recipes, crafting instructions, pictures, stories, even music! I simply packed all the data from the hidden folders into one big self executing file and put it in every Yoyodyne employee's account, so they would find it right in the morning when starting their computer.

And this is how I saved christmas(.exe) for everyone.

• dcasso, mogiks, Chaosty90 and 10 others like this

Es ist nicht Deine Schuld dass die Welt ist wie sie ist.
Es wär nur Deine Schuld wenn sie so bleibt!
(DÄ)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users