Yanis

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Team:delete account
  • World:US7
  • Character:delete

Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:13 PM

Hi, I would like to suggest an international server with an in-game feature to allow an individual to change which language the client is in. As for teams, it would work well to make every team choose what the main language is, and to have a team language filter to filter out teams whose main language is not understood by that particular user.

#2 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts
  • World:US8
  • Character:meljer

Posted 18 June 2022 - 11:17 PM

good evening Yanis,

i want to thank you for the suggestion, let me see if i got it correct so i can pass it along the right channels,  you are looking for a server that is a integrated international server, one that many countries can play.  and you can have a option to change the language and set up based on what you are better versed in.  and a way in the teams to turn on a language filter so that for instance i am not speaking spanish in a english only team?

i hope i got the basics down, my question to you is how does this suggestion differ from just joining another server that might use that language, or a team that soley allows lets say french players in.  is it not better to have a ingame translator in the teams and stuff u can click and the words change, and you wouldnt have to use a outside source to figure out what is said?

i am curious though i have see other servers from other countries and some i screatch my head at what is being said so i do understand what you are saying.  i just need a little more information. 

thank you

• Hurric4ne VII likes this

#3 Yanis

Yanis

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Team:delete account
  • World:US7
  • Character:delete

Posted 19 June 2022 - 08:07 AM

Hi meljer,

That’s right, I’m suggesting an international server that allows somebody to change what language they want the client to be in, as well as a filter for teams that filters out teams whose main language is one that is not spoken/understood by the individual.

It differs because I imagine that this server would take longer to die out. For a first, there’d always be somebody online. I dunno, I think it would be fun to have a bit of competition with members from other countries in one server, and I think it would work well. There are far too many servers for certain languages that are dying out, and I would imagine this is putting many people off investing in the game. I just think this would address many complaints users have.

I don’t know I understood that correctly, but I’ve suggested a team language filter for the very reason that an in-game translator of the chat would not be useful when translating slang/jargon. This filter would allow one to filter out teams with a main language that is French etc.

Thanks,
  • meljer likes this

#4 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts
  • World:US8
  • Character:meljer

Posted 20 June 2022 - 12:12 AM

thank you for this suggestion i will pass it along, i hope you have a great day

• Hurric4ne VII likes this