Photo

Can't even fight "Egg Thief" because not enough time?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrKeith

MrKeith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • World:US5
  • Character:Wendell

Posted 03 April 2021 - 02:48 PM

Just had a strange thing happen. 
Game announced the Egg Thief was in one of the zones. 
I clicked on the fight button, and the 4 minute timer started. 
I left the PC for 2 minutes. When I came back the villain was DEFEATED, 
and I was informed I did NOT even fight it one time. So no credit toward the 7-day Easter goals. 

What the...?! 
So some huge team gets to spend tons of donuts and take down a villain in record time, 
but the rest of us who tried don't even get credit? 

That's just wrong. 

#2 craine

craine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • World:US3
  • Character:Advisor, News correspondent

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:16 PM

I use two batteries to get a bit in. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to.

#3 Titan_US_5

Titan_US_5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Team:Betrayed Honor
  • Character:Titan

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:07 PM

Doesn't take a team to do this, just a few players spending Donuts to destroy these villains in seconds.  This morning I, foolishly it turned out, did a single attack on the villain, hit an ad, and the villain was dead before the shortened attack hit.  This is beyond silly.  I will have to spend donuts just to land hits to finish the damned Easter event.  It's not that I cant afford to, it's just that I should never have to do that.  Ever.

The real issue here tho isn't the players...they're just trying to score points for their teams in the con.  The issue is the size of the villlains.  They are all, always, very, very small.  There are never large ones for events anymore...been that way for the last few events.  Villains still vary in size normally during non-event times....I don't know why they switched to these tiny ones for events now.  It didn't used to be this way, they use to vary, just like other ones.  Sure, a few might flee, but everyone got to take part. This new way causes anger and frustration for players....free and paying players alike.

My guess is it encourages donut spending, so that's why they do it, but all it's doing is upsetting people.  My team is pretty much boycotting these villains this time around.  It will cost us the con, but we just don't care.  t's to frustrating to deal with.

Come on Palayaa....be belter than this.

Titan

• MrKeith likes this

#4 Lord

Lord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Team:Myrmidones
  • World:US4

Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:20 PM

When the villain is small a few players will spend a few donuts to win it. Ok, but how many can be spend in 15-20 seconds?

If the villain was large, the same people would spend their donuts. Don't you see it? They would spend A LOT more if they had the time!

It is the first time in my play experience the company does something that is reducing their donut profit.

Well done Playata! Keep it up and save us from spending more!

#5 MrKeith

MrKeith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:19 AM

Thank you, Titan (Betrayed Honor) for the explanation. It helps. =) 

Doesn't take a team to do this, just a few players spending Donuts to destroy these villains in seconds.  This morning I, foolishly it turned out, did a single attack on the villain, hit an ad, and the villain was dead before the shortened attack hit.  This is beyond silly.  I will have to spend donuts just to land hits to finish the damned Easter event.  It's not that I cant afford to, it's just that I should never have to do that.  Ever.

The real issue here tho isn't the players...they're just trying to score points for their teams in the con.  The issue is the size of the villlains.  They are all, always, very, very small.  There are never large ones for events anymore...been that way for the last few events.  Villains still vary in size normally during non-event times....I don't know why they switched to these tiny ones for events now.  It didn't used to be this way, they use to vary, just like other ones.  Sure, a few might flee, but everyone got to take part. This new way causes anger and frustration for players....free and paying players alike.

My guess is it encourages donut spending, so that's why they do it, but all it's doing is upsetting people.  My team is pretty much boycotting these villains this time around.  It will cost us the con, but we just don't care.  t's to frustrating to deal with.

Come on Palayaa....be belter than this.

Titan

#6 MrKeith

MrKeith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:01 AM

One more Easter note to add: 

Dear Admins - there are WAY too many things to collect to finish this 7-day event. 
It is NOT possible without using up donuts (and I'm not wasting them on  stuff like this). 
Goals are TOO STEEP for those of us unwilling to waste donuts. 
Maybe you should take that into consideration next event. 70 items is far too many. 
Previous events were 50 and 60, and were doable (even if we had to cut it close!). 

Thank you. 

(no love this time around) 
- Me 

#7 Catznchocolate

Catznchocolate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • World:US3
  • Character:Catznchocolate

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:48 AM

I did it without donuts, but it took a lot of time.  And you need to know the trick of using the missions with baskets on them to refresh the screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users