• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Team:Double Zero
  • World:US4
  • Character:CombatWombat

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:31 AM

Do people agree with this statement? The servers are so prolific now that there is no longer enough players on each server to support them. Something needs to change soon as all I am hearing lately is a chorus of long time players saying this will be their last server if something doesn't change.

We have been discussing the idea of moving to ages rather than servers. That way everyone would be playing on just two or three continent based servers, there would be a point to it all as there would be a victorious team and player at the end of each age and then everyone would start on an even keel at the end of each age. It would allow players to compete against a much larger base of other players and would bring some real interest back to the game.

I'd be keen to hear what people think, including the mods and the devs, and would also like to hear other people's ideas for helping the game survive. All I know is this... something needs to change. Now.

#2 Lord

Lord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Team:Myrmidones
  • World:US4

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:38 AM

The correct statement would be US servers are dying, not the game. The problem for us is when the company starts a new server which takes players from the old ones. On the other hand the company makes money from new servers, more than from the old ones. So it is us to blame because we jump to new servers and spend money.

Your idea of joining servers or anything similar is good for players and bad for the company so it will never happen. Every time a new server starts it requires lots of money for team upgrades, trophy fights and donuts for the players. You must come up with an idea that will at least equal or better that for the company. Then there will be chance!

#3 DiableUS6

DiableUS6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Team:Double Zero
  • World:US6
  • Character:Diable

Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:48 PM

First of all sorry if I make mistakes or a weird sentences English is not my primary language.

I have an idea that can counter the arrival of new servers and keep players on one server. PRESTIGE.

The seasons would last between 3 and 6 months.

What you keep : Your sidekick, your pieces of equipments (decorations) Your donuts, Your deeds, Your boosters. Your missile, Your storage tab, your herohideout. Teams keep, donuts, boosters, bonus, gold.

What you dont keep : Your equipments, Your level, Your honor&Leagues.

What you earn after each season :

Depending on your level, you gain an XP bonus (not cumulative from season to season)

EX : Level 100 = 10%
       Level 200 = 20%
       Level 300 = 30%
       ETC.

Depending on your honor.  You gain a (cumulative XP bonus from season to season)

EX : Honor 125 000 = 1% XP bonus
       Honor  250 000 = 2% XP bonus
       Honor 375 000 = 3% XP bonus.

This would be cumulative from season to season. The bonus xp could  reach a high sum over the years.

Depending on your BASE stats.

According to the base stats of EACH ability EX : strenght, Stamina, Intuition, Brains.
You earn a (cumulative stats bonus) from season to season

EX : 5000 (Base stamina) = 1% bonus stamina for the next season.
       10 000 (Base stamina = 2% bonus STAMINA for the next season)

The bonus base stats could reach a high sum over the years.

If for example at the end of a season you have 5000 bases in all the stats except the strength you have 1% bonus stats except the strength which will be at 0% bonus (Logic)

What this update would bring to players.

The competitive feeling of a ''new servers''

Accumulated bonus xp and stats to increase your heroes faster and faster and to be stronger and stronger.
The arrival of new players who can start the server and feel like they are part of a new one, without being too disgusted at having 400-500 levels less.
Who can also evolve in already well-built teams.
Oh yes and I forgot, a symbol like a badge with a number would be displayed next to each player name (To know how many  finished  season)

What this would bring to playata

Yes they will no longer have the money to expand a team at 100%. BUT. Some players would probably spend as much money after each season, to try to have the most XP possible and to evolve as quickly as possible in honor etc.

I realize this would be a big update and might upset some players who have been playing for years. but if you take a level 700 example with base stats example 120,000 and 2,200,000 honor. This gives a non-cumulative XP bonus of 70%, approximately 17% cumulative XP bonus, and 24% stat bonus.

#4 five

five

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Team:none
  • World:US1

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:03 PM

Every older server in every country is currently facing the lack of active players. And why? It's simple. The game itself is the most time consuming game I have ever played. I played WOW years ago as advisor in the best guild on the server and spent less time there, raiding everyday and so on, still less time consuming than this game. Also, the P2W factor with the seasons especially on the new servers is strong - you buy, you have more trainings, skill points, energy and so on. If you wont pay, you are going to lose against the players who paid. No wonder no one wants to start this game. Especially when the company doesnt care about the developers, subcontractors or even the players. 

#5 Catznchocolate

Catznchocolate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • World:US3
  • Character:Catznchocolate

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:36 AM

With all the time I have spent on this game, if you strip my levels once every season that is it for me.  Now if I were a new player, perhaps that would be more appealing.

• craine and Mahhafooznit like this

#6 frafont

frafont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic
  • Team:dysfunctional family
  • World:US3
  • Character:frafont

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:34 PM

Longer seasons and level reset after them - maybe it sounds interesting, but I do not think that would help, the outcome would be the same, active daily players who consume tons of donuts and other things taking all top places and bonuses and other players who just play for fun and free sitting in the corner waiting for one top position in maybe 4 years. 

#7 Pookums1971@gmail.com

Pookums1971@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Team:The Dragons
  • World:US2
  • Character:Sugarfoot

Posted 07 November 2020 - 06:37 PM

I think the speed server offered a few things that were great like not having to wait so long for training to replenish. I also am enjoying the seasons and hope the creators are developing new ones as we speak. Nothing like trying to obtain the sidekick. EX: an elf for X-mas or a turkey for Thanksgiving.

As for jumping servers lots of people do it BUT the die hard players don't care. I personally enjoy all the servers. You have US2 which is a lot less people but easier to make the top 10 but US3 is still full. There will always be people who get tired of the game, no matter what game it is. They will wonder off and find new ones but others will stick with it no matter what.

That's just my opinion. Keep the seasons coming and perhaps lower the time in the hideout to make things. 2 weeks is a long time to wait for an upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users