Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • World:US3
  • Character:Catznchocolate

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:00 AM

I understand that Playata making new servers is good for attracting new players.  The problem with having only old servers is that when new people join, they are competing with players that have spent years building their heroes and it can be daunting if not impossible to catch up.

On the flip side, what happens to the old servers when they are no longer the default server is that they slowly die out as some players quit to start over on the new servers and others quit the game entirely. When the server is no longer the default server, very few players come in to take the place of the exiting heroes.

I have a couple proposals for this.

1. Combine 2 or more of the old servers.  If player have one account on each server, they can choose which account to keep and which to delete.

2. Keep all of the servers but give the players an option to migrate their heroes to another server where they do not have an account as long as that server is older than the one they left.  That way they are not dominating players that have not had the same length of time to build their heroes but they do have the chance to get a fresh start and new teammates without starting the hero building process over.  For example, I could migrate my US3 hero to US1 or US2 but not US5.  Teams could even put ads in the forum asking for players to migrate and join them.

What do you think?

• PhoenixGold, Lacatus and craine like this

#2 BoSsNjR

BoSsNjR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Locationfar far away
  • Team:NBC
  • World:US4
  • Character:CaptainAmerica

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:49 AM

I understand that Playata making new servers is good for attracting new players.  The problem with having only old servers is that when new people join, they are competing with players that have spent years building their heroes and it can be daunting if not impossible to catch up.

On the flip side, what happens to the old servers when they are no longer the default server is that they slowly die out as some players quit to start over on the new servers and others quit the game entirely. When the server is no longer the default server, very few players come in to take the place of the exiting heroes.

I have a couple proposals for this.

1. Combine 2 or more of the old servers.  If player have one account on each server, they can choose which account to keep and which to delete.

2. Keep all of the servers but give the players an option to migrate their heroes to another server where they do not have an account as long as that server is older than the one they left.  That way they are not dominating players that have not had the same length of time to build their heroes but they do have the chance to get a fresh start and new teammates without starting the hero building process over.  For example, I could migrate my US3 hero to US1 or US2 but not US5.  Teams could even put ads in the forum asking for players to migrate and join them.

What do you think?

This topic have been suggested numerous times over on german forum( the most important in my opinion) and the response from Playata staff has always been negative,as this would be game breaking there are players who play on more than 1 or 2 server as you suggested to just choose one. Wouldn't this not be fair to force a player who has spent lots of money and time on more than 1/2 servers to give them up?

And what about the players who refuse to "migrate",would the play solo in a server which lets assume all the other players moved.

For example I wouldn't wanna migrate to us3,us2 neither us1 and compete with players who have been playing for more than 4 or 5 years.And yes I understand why did you suggested this...over on us4 there are just 10 or 15 daily players, absolutley crap..considering server started just last year.

Solution to "revive" the dead server would not be merging them as it would cause lots of chaos but Playata need to think of other ways

as the problem is not only the lack of players but also the lack of resources for hideout and with almost everything capped at lvl 50 now would take an enternity to reach a decent %...I know players who can't get 20 daily fight over on other servers like us3,us1 and us1...crazy, right?  A solutin could be advertising US servers over on much more active servers or every 3 months changing the deafult server you mentioned like every 3 months they take turns with eachother and yet I dont see much players wating to play on us1,us2 or us3 as the competition is WAY too far ahead. US4 could be revived and US5 is doing meh.

boring

#3 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • World:US2
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:36 AM

Us2 is now around under 100 active players or less. And active as in still logging in fairly often. Looking at the hero convention, there are 91 people who have scored one point or more. But again to note just barely remaining active is probably around half that. top 3 teams now all have under 22 players and really one one or two teams have over 20. The rest around 4 teams have 18 or 17 players. the end of this server is coming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users