Advanced Member

• Team Hero Zero
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal
  • World:US1

Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:35 PM

Halloween-HZ-1.png

Explanation
• You must write a short spooky story related to the Hero Zero and Halloween.
• Your story should be between 200-400 words.
• Publish the text in the " Forum Event" section created for this event.
•In your entry, you need to add your username and server: EXAMPLE: Nuno UK1
• Use your imagination!
•The Event will run for 7 days ;)
Rules
•Do not use multi-accounts, you will be disqualified from the Event.
•Each person can only get 1 prize, in 1 account and only in 1 server.
•Do not use illegal words, you will be disqualified.
•Copying a previous player’s story is forbidden. You will be disqualified for plagiarism without warning by the moderator team. For this reason, editing is forbidden. Please check your work before posting.
• You can only get 1 reward in the entire Event (one reward per user, only).
• There are market/server restrictions, example: if you participate in UK forum Event, you can only receive a reward on UK servers.
• Once submitted, you cannot edit your posts. Edited answers will be disqualified.
• If there is an error in the spelling of your account name or server, use the “Report” button on your post to get the attention of a moderator. Explain what needs to be changed! A moderator will then review your request and fix the mistake.
Prizes
• All the participants will receive 14 days of 50% Skill Booster.
The timeline
• This Event will take place between the 28th of October and 3rd of November.
• Event prizes will be delivered until the 16th of November.

HAVE FUN!!!

LOGO-HZ.png

• BoSsNjR likes this

#2 craine

craine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • World:US3
  • Character:Advisor, News correspondent

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

Ah, Halloween.....

A night of candy and running door to door with your friends in elaborate costumes specifically designed to hide the fact that, YES, you did just pee your pants but no one can tell because your Wookie costume covers everything.
Our gang of usual suspects was out in full regalia.  Catznchocolate was in her Hell's Angels biker outfit. Next was Mioniecat dressed as Ed McMahon.  Peeper's Mobius strip costume gave me a headache just looking at it.  How Will managed to squeeze into his ballerina get up was astonishing. I was dressed as a pirate; complete with a peg leg, eye patch and parrot.  NewDay was dressed the same every year: an anatomically correct male porpoise.
Thus far, Hero Zero's Riff Raff crew had hit every house for five blocks whether they wanted us to or not.  Our bags were ladened with the usual assortment of candies as well as a few oddities: two cigarette butts, half of a yo-yo, a purple shoelace; and where Will got that Speedo we may never know.  The parrot on my shoulder began to hurt two blocks ago, the sawn off broom handle was really digging into my knee and I was awfully sore under my eye patch.

Once we arrived back at headquarters we dumped the contents of the night's haul  on the boardroom table and began slithering out of our costumes.  I was dreading this moment because I JUST KNEW that I would be ridiculed.  I have a tendency to take things literally.  Sometimes it is a problem; like tonight.  After removing my eye patch Catznchocolate told me that it would have been perfectly acceptable to wear it over my eye.  I did NOT, in fact, need to remove said eye.  Same thing with the leg.  And after removing the staples in my shoulder, Peeper told me that it was thoroughly awful what I did to that poor parrot.
Why are some people so hard to please?

Craine, US3
  • FaithfulAizen, NewDay, Dranyam00 and 4 others like this

#3 Coaster

Coaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Team:Betrayed Honor
  • World:US5
  • Character:Coaster

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:44 PM

"Don't go walking in the woods after dark," the old Park Ranger told the two campers when they pulled their car up to the toll booth at Yoyodyne National Park.  "There's been an increase in WerePumpkin sightings since the Pumpkin Overlord was defeated last week."

"WerePumpkins?" Mark questioned from the driver's seat.

"Sure," the old Ranger continued.  "This was the spot where all those funny-looking heroes came and defeated the Pumpkin Overlord.  Didn't you see the news?"

"We thought that was kind of a joke, you know, like 'War of the Worlds.'" Mark replied.  "Who'd believe that all those people wearing bathrobes and shower curtains could fight this huge pumpkin man?  It's right out of the comics or something."

"This was no joke, young man," the Ranger took on a sober tone.  "I seen it with my own eyes."  His eyes turned glassy as he gazed over the roof of the car.  "It stood 40 feet tall.  The head must've been 20 feet across.  It was tearing up cabins, throwing camper trailers like they were made out of cardboard.

"Then these heroes starting showing up, throwing golf balls and donuts at it.  They were slowly wearing it down, until finally its pumpkin head exploded, sending pumpkin seeds flying everywhere.

"It was shortly after that when the first WerePumpkin sightings happened.  People were apparently eating pumpkin seeds and when the moon came up, they turned into WerePumpkins.  Horrible, horrible creatures."

Mark stared at the Ranger in disbelief, then turned to his wife Sally and rolled his eyes.  He turned back to the old man and paid the entrance fee to the park.

As the old Ranger handed back Mark's change, he said, "Remember, don't go walking in the woods after dark."

"Yeah, right..." Mark replied, taking his change and quickly driving into the park.  He chuckled as he drove away from the toll booth and Sally turned to him.

"You don't believe what he said, do you?" she asked in a quiet voice.

"About 40-foot tall pumpkin men and people turning into WerePumpkins?  Clearly he's lost his mind," Mark answered.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Sally said, finally relaxing in the passenger seat.  She reached into her purse for a snack, pulled out a bag and held it out to her husband, "Pumpkin seeds?"

Coaster, US3

• FaithfulAizen, craine, BoSsNjR and 1 other like this

#4 Nulgaty

Nulgaty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Team:DARK MAYHEM
  • World:US2
  • Character:NulgatyTop

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:49 AM

Even astonished, Nulgaty couldn't stop staring at that strange figure, until she stopped waving, and seeming to have a fit of rage, began yelling yoyodyne and slapping her hands violently against the window. Nulgaty was so terrified to see it that she even fell over backwards. Still fallen, Nulgaty continued to hear the screams and sounds that woman made when she knocked on the window. God, what's going on, Nulgaty thought. Until a short time later the sounds ceased and the night became silent again.

Nulgaty lay on the floor, not having the nerve to stand up and look toward the filthy downtown house again. But the worst scare was yet to come. Nulgaty began to hear the same woman shouting yoyodyne in the living room of her own house, then footsteps on the stairs that led upstairs to where she was hiding from, exactly where he was at the moment. Terrified, Nulgaty flinched at one corner of his hiding place and listened to the sound of footsteps coming closer and closer until a woman emerges through the door, the same woman he saw in the living room window. She was naked, cried a lot and had many body injuries that bleed a lot. Seeing that dread-looking woman approach, Nulgaty despaired and passed out. When he came to, it was morning. Still confused and scared of what he witnessed last night, he got up and went to the window of his hiding place. Where you can see the filthy downtown full of people and lots of police and fire engines in front of lucy's house. Nulgaty was even more confused.

The news after all the events were that the police, through a complaint from a neighbor who heard a woman's desperate screams, found the bodies of three women in the back of Lucy's house, she cruelly murdered the three. Lucy was arrested a few days later in another city, she confessed to the murders and killed herself. Nulgaty was surprised by Lucy's cruelty, never expecting it from someone who had always been a good friend.

That day, after waking up from the fright and seeing all the movement on the street, Nulgaty noticed something that was not only on the bedroom wall, but in other rooms of the house, in all these places was written with blood the phrase "Help me!".

Nick: NulgatyTop
Server: US2

• FaithfulAizen, craine and Catznchocolate like this

#5 Catznchocolate

Catznchocolate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Character:Catznchocolate

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

Craine is the keeper of the Riff Raff prize closet.  He takes great pride in collecting all kinds of odd items to reward the team members for their various achievements.  Lately, Craine had noticed that several items were disappearing from the closet with no explanation.

On October 30, Craine finally solved the mystery.  He tracked one of the missing items to Will10’s hideout and found more items in a laboratory there.  “Hey Will, what are you doing with all of these items from the prize closet?”  “Research.”  said Will10 “Go away Craine, I’m busy.”

Craine is a man who has plenty of hair, but no longer has any on the top of his head. “Will” asked Craine “could you make a potion to give me hair?”  “Maybe” said Will10 “what’s in it for me?”  “I could give you ingredients from the prize closet for your research.”  “As you can see Craine, I already have all I need.”  “I could work as your lab assistant to pay off my debt.” “Now you’re talking Craine. Come back tomorrow.”

When Craine returned the next day, Will10 handed him a flask which Craine immediately drank, then started his new assignment.  By the end of the day, Craine had a full head of hair, which he happily showed his teammates and family.  But the hair continued to grow, not only on his head, but on the rest of his body.  “Now I have too much hair, Will!” said Craine.  “Meh,” said Will10, “next time read the label before drinking the potion.”

Craine tried razors, scissors and depilatories, but nothing stopped the hair growth.  Craine sighed and continued to work as Will’s assistant as well as he could.

One day, NewDay decided enough was enough.  “Will, can’t you do anything to help Craine?”  “I’ve got problems of my own.” said Will10 “The fool has so much hair that he is useless as my lab assistant, and the lemurs are tired of sweeping up hair and threatening to strike.”

NewDay came up with a solution to make everyone happy.  If Will10 would reverse the potion, he, Catznchocolate, Mioniecat and Peeper would serve as Will’s assistants for one month so that the lemurs could take a vacation.  Will10 agreed and gave Craine a potion that reversed the extra hair growth.  Everything went well until the next Halloween, when one of Will10’s “experiments” got loose and headed to Yokio.

Catznchocolate

US3

• FaithfulAizen, craine, NewDay and 3 others like this

#6 Dranyam00

Dranyam00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Team:Crisis Crusaders
  • Character:jma

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:53 PM

That time had come again. Halloween. It was the one time of year when all of the heroes had to keep an extra eye out. Who knows what evil lurked on the streets as millions of kids went from house to house asking for candy.

Jma took this responsibility seriously, as he unfolded his camping chair. He sat down and started listening to the Dr. Demento show on his transistor radio, and ate a bite of a brownie some random masked stranger gave him as he was leaving his apartment. It was not long before his eyes started to weigh heavy and he started to snooze. Suddenly a sound make him jerk awake and his keen perception skills told him something was not quite right. Beside him was a paper with “Us do opposite of all Earthly things! Us hate beauty! Us love ugliness!” written on it. Even though the slogan was not complete, he knew where he was: Htrae.

Jma picked up his shoe phone and called his hero team leader, NewDay to report the bizarre events, but could not reach him. How did he get here, how will he get back? Suddenly he was dizzy and could not stand. Everything was spinning around him. He sat back down on his chair to ponder this circumstance.

In the distance, he heard the sounds of voices…they were familiar, but seemed miles away. With each passing second, the voices got louder. Suddenly he felt like he was being shook but nobody was around. The shaking continued…and suddenly he opened his eyes. He looked around and his entire team was around him.

Never would he eat brownies from masked strangers again!

Jma

US3

• FaithfulAizen, craine, Catznchocolate and 1 other like this

#7 NewDay

NewDay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Character:NewDay

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:17 AM

It was All Hallows Eve and Mioniecat and Catznchocolate, were going door to door, trick or treating, looking for candy. Mioniecat was dressed as Catznchocolate and Catznchocolate was dressed as Mioniecat. They first made sure to stop by the biggest house in Humphreydale as they were known for handing out the best Halloween candy. They didn't hand out just the fun size candies, they handed out the FULL SIZED king size bars. At that house they received, as expected, the biggest candy bars available on the market. At the second house, Mioniecat received a fun size pack of M&M's and when comparing with what Catznchocolate received, Catznchocolate stated "I got a rock..." This did not put a damper in their night, however, and they moved onto the third house, this house was a very lively house, as that was where the Riff Raff party was, NewDay answered the door, and invited both of them in, but they respectfully declined, in a very politically correct way, so NewDay just handed them some Canadian chocolates; a Kinder Surprise and a Coffee Crisp for each of them. They were very satisfied and moved on their way. Little did they know they should have joined the party, for they would regret what would happen next...

At the fourth house, they rang the door, and a man, wearing a frog suit and dressed in a Darth Vader mask, opened the door. He told the two of them to wait inside while he grabbed the candies from his kitchen. Upon entry of the house, the two ladies noticed the walls had red writing all over them saying "All work and no play, makes Will a dull, dull boy." When the man, now known to the ladies as Will returned, he did not have candies in his hand but rather a button. He hit that button and the two ladies fell into his lemur pit, where they were forced to live out the rest of their lives as servants to Will's lemur population in the basement of his house. Mioniecat and Catznchocolate were never heard of again.

NewDay - US3

• FaithfulAizen, craine and Catznchocolate like this

#8 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Team:Betrayed Honor
  • World:US5
  • Character:Glaurung

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:26 AM

In the lovely town of "Dirty Downtown" there is a neighborhood called the BetrayedHonor Hills. In this neighborhood its not that big and its not that special. There is just 23 houses in this neighborhood. Only 5 kids live in the neighborhood, all the rest are grumpy townfolk whos lived in the town for years. Every year on Halloween night the kids go to the local gas station to pick up junk food to watch a creepy movie on halloween night. They do this every halloween, but this time 12 year old Scanjara had a better idea. He remembered the local legend about the creepy oldman in the house on maine street covered with trees. The legend was, every year on halloween night the oldman would make his clockwork robots out of the old children that disppear every year. They say he takes one child every year on halloween night to add to his collection of clockwork robots. Scanjara wanted to go to that house and see the oldman himself and find out if the legend was true. The other 3 kids 11 year olds TheDarkHorror, coaster, and MrKong3701 loved the idea. But 10 year old UiEuh was afraid and didnt like Scanjaras idea at all. UiEuh didnt want to be taken by the oldman and turned into a clockwork robot. She was afraid but she went anyway since all the other kids werent afraid and wanted to go. The night of halloween came. All the kids got their flashlights and walked up the spooky old hill to the oldmans place. 10 mins of walking and they finally made it up to the oldmans house. Scanjara led the way inside as the door opened by itself. Each kid walked in one by one. Right when they walked in, it was too dark to see anything and the kids couldnt find the light switch. Standing in the dark alone, all the kids started to get scared, even scanjara the oldest and the one who had the idea in the first place was scared. They heard a noice coming from upstairs it sounded like a robot. The lights turned on and they are surrounded by Clockwork Robots and an oldman holding one and bringing his hand closer and closer to them. The kids got so scared they tried to open the door but it wouldnt bunch, they were surrounded and they had no way to get out. The old man continued to bring his hand closer to them, he finally got close enough to hit one of the kids, and he put his creepy old hand on UiEuhs shoulder and went on to tell her everything will be okay as UiEuh is crying against the wall. All the kids started to calm down and were shocked about what they saw. The old man was nice and didnt hurt anyone. He was mad at himself for scaring the kids and he was also wondering why the kids were in his house so late at night. The kids explained everything to the oldman. The oldman was actually named Glaurung and he makes clockwork robots every year because his son that passed away loved clockwork robots and he also loved halloween. So every year on halloween the old man would make a bunch to remember his son that he lost. The kids felt bad as Glaurung looks at a clockwork  robot with tears in his eyes. One year has passed and the kids don't watch a movie on halloween anymore. they now spend their time with old man glaurung making clockwork robots for his son who passed away. Glaurung used to hate the holiday halloween cause it would remind him of his son too much. but now he knows his son is okay and has these 5 kids to make him feel better on halloween night. 

Glaurung - us5

#9 UiEuh US4

UiEuh US4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Team:Myrmidones
  • World:US4
  • Character:UiEuh

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:07 PM

Once upon a time there was a boy named Benjamin; everyone called him Ben. He lived in the village of Yollywood.  3000 people lived in the village and a little farther away there was a haunted castle where a witch lived.

That witch had a pet mosquito that obeyed her very well. The witch was very wicked, sending her mosquito to bite the villagers every night.

Ben was the only person immune to the mosquito, so the villagers asked him to go and kill it.

One evening Ben set off toward the castle, taking the main road. On his way, Ben encountered a dwarf with a spear standing on a rock, blocking the road.  As Ben neared the dwarf, the dwarf threatened Ben with his spear. Ben ducked under the spear, kicked the rock and the dwarf fell to the ground.  Ben picked up the spear and stood, towering above the dwarf. The dwarf knew he was beaten, and to reward Ben for his courage, the dwarf helped Ben get to the castle, but refused to enter with Ben for he was afraid of the witch. 

Ben entered the dark castle and heard a wailing sound coming from upstairs.  He climbed the stairs to see what was going on and saw ghosts flying down the hallway. He ducked into one of the rooms and waited for what seemed like an eternity until the sun rose and the wailing stopped.  

Taking his spear, Ben opened the door and heard the witch's cackling laughter echoing down the hallway.  Creeping into the last room, he saw the witch and her mosquito.  They saw him and the witch pointed a bony finger toward him. The mosquito obeyed and flew toward Ben.  Ben casually swatted the mosquito with the back of his hand, knocking it to the floor, and with a stomp of his foot, ended the mosquito's reign of terror.  The witch took one look at our intrepid hero, panicked and flew out the window on her broomstick, never to be seen again.

Ben took the spear back to the village, along with the dwarf and told everyone the witch was gone.  Everyone assumed Ben killed the witch with the spear and started calling him Hero Zero because he used to be a nobody and was now a hero.  Ben and his sidekick dwarf kept the village of Yollywood safe for many years.

UiEuh - us5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users