Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • World:US1

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Of course it is their fault!  As a developer you are responsible if you have created a software weakness that may be exploited by an outsider. The attackers are at fault for exploiting it, but that is another discussion.

Now they have ruined our weekend and put all users under much stress!  (angry)

#62 Sopheriel

Sopheriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Team:NaturalBornChillers
  • World:US4
  • Character:Sopheriel

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

Seriously.....  how long to fix this.  Are they going to give us donuts or something to compensate us?  There are a lot of people who have time constraints, etc.  I think after 4 or 5 hours like this, they would say something.  Not a word from the developers....  But please ask us to donate more money to the game.

#63 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts
  • World:US8
  • Character:meljer

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

I'm sorry you feel this way and know how stressful it can be. I do know that they are working of fixing the problem, I personally ask that you hang tight and maybe it will be back soon. We appreciate all of our players and any amount of time away from the game is a hardship on all of them, but we are not sitting back and iqnoring it. Sometimes it takes a while especially if the people that handle these things are working their rl jobs...we dont want to upset anyone we are just as frustrated as you..please try to keep your head up
  • leonard likes this

#64 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

The developers do have other jobs and sometimes are not here 24/7

Seriously.....  how long to fix this.  Are they going to give us donuts or something to compensate us?  There are a lot of people who have time constraints, etc.  I think after 4 or 5 hours like this, they would say something.  Not a word from the developers....  But please ask us to donate more money to the game.

#65 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:32 PM

Us moderators have been here trying to keep you all informed also so you are not alone
  • Maniac and spunone like this

#66 alfie3

alfie3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:36 PM

whats going on H.Z ? need to sort it or im deleting my account that ive had for 5years  and current streak of over 2000 loggin bonus without missing a day

#67 Dadfish

Dadfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Team:Night riders royal
  • Character:Dadfish

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Same here.. Please help..attachicon.gifHZ Error Login.jpg

I wish there was some sort of communications......

#68 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • World:US3
  • Character:Maniac

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:18 PM

But the number of attacks has been steadily going up over the past hour while I've been shut out.  I first noticed it showed 69 attacks on me, now the number is up to 84.  Attacks are still going on.

How can you tell if someone is attacking you if you can't log in? That doesn't make any sense.

#69 Sopheriel

Sopheriel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Character:Sopheriel

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

The developers do have other jobs and sometimes are not here 24/7

They are paid by donations to keep this website going.  They should have someone doing their job 24/7.  It is not like this is a free to play game only.  If we pay to play, like any other service, we expect satisfaction.  If none, then compensation should be provided.

#70 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:21 PM

Us moderators have been here trying to keep you all informed also so you are not alone

I know that you'll keep us updated and informed as soon as you have more information. Thank you.

• meljer likes this

#71 Scrambler

Scrambler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Character:Scrambler

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

How can you tell if someone is attacking you if you can't log in? That doesn't make any sense.

When I try and log in, the icons across the bottom of the screen are visible below the "Simultaneous Login" error popup, and over the duel/league fight icon (the fist), the number 84 in red indicates how many attacks my character has endured since I last logged in.

#72 spunone

spunone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationmy hideout
  • Team:dysfunctional family
  • Character:spunone

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:29 PM

I guess this is a good time to clean your house, walk your dog, or play with your real life friends.   :)

ughh house is clean, dog is walked, tired of real life friends now......i want my hero back.

• meljer and BoSsNjR like this

(donut)  (donut)  Spunone  (donut)  (donut) 

(lol) 

#73 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

When I try and log in, the icons across the bottom of the screen are visible below the "Simultaneous Login" error popup, and over the duel/league fight icon (the fist), the number 84 in red indicates how many attacks my character has endured since I last logged in.

That's interesting. I must have that feature turned off.

#74 Tassels

Tassels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Team:Vanguardians
  • Character:Tassels

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

I’d done a mission on the mobile app, and I logged back on and it showed the bar filled like the mission was complete, but it was stuck at that and wouldn’t allow me to do any actions, like it was frozen.

#75 CosmicSpinet

CosmicSpinet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:Cosmic Girl

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:37 PM

Just a word up on behalf of the developers -- being a software engineer myself and having worked in cyber security -- you absolutely cannot make an online program safe from being attacked successfully due to the complexity that involves. You can only mitigate or reduce the chances and/or the effects.

There is a reason banks pump so much money into ongoing cyber security -- because as financial institutes they are prime targets and as such have to be on top of things or risk going out of business -- on the flip-side games like this tend not to get hit because there is just nothing to really be gained by doing so -- of course its summertime and as every administrator of a network or website knows -- cyber attacks increase during this time because folks that were in school and busy are now not in school and are looking for something to do and apparently hacking/attacking networks and websites is one of those idle past times.

So its not like it will not happen, and its not like you can develop a completely secure web-game.  You can just do your best, and then try to close any open loopholes as they come up.  Still you cannot close them all without making the system closed which kind of defeats the purpose of it being an online game.  So relax, sit back and find another game to play for a while and check back here from time to time -- they will let us know when they got it fixed.

• Noose, meljer and Catznchocolate like this

#76 xcosno

xcosno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:Xcosno

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:59 PM

I am having that same issue right now

Xcosno (X)  (grin)(smug) (ninja) (8)

#77 M4598

M4598

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow
  • Team:Sloths for justice
  • Character:M4598

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

It is completely fine for people to be frustrated, we just wish we could give you more information. When we do have more information we will update you all...on a side note I've never seen the forum this active 74 ppl actively on here. I became aware of this glitch 4hrs ago and informed the appropriate people, they are handling it at their level and I'm sure everything will be corrected

Weeeeell, kind of so-so way to make people visit forums. Still, i guesss from unexpected maintenance, it's showing us thatthere is a working goes on ot there.

Also, people, try not to attack mods with your rage, they are doing what we can, keeping us informed even if there is nothing to say. Taking a fire isn't fun, especially if you are in the same boat with others. But being a mod doesn't makes one god, omniscient and almighty.

#78 spunone

spunone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationmy hideout
  • Team:dysfunctional family
  • Character:spunone

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

woohoo servers are back up and running. way to go

• meljer likes this

(donut)  (donut)  Spunone  (donut)  (donut) 

(lol) 

#79 Scrambler

Scrambler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Character:Scrambler

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:57 PM

I just got back into my game on US4.  I was attacked 83 times by 5 players between 8:00 and 10:54 my time.  39 times, 20 times, 9 times, 9 times & 6 times.  If any of the powers that be want my screenshots of who attacked me, I have them.  Or I can just shame them later in another post.

#80 HEARTBURN

HEARTBURN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Team:Sidekick Rescue
  • Character:HEARTBURN

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:57 PM

I hope they plan on doing something about all the attacks suffered during the glitch

W7cXmuI.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users