Photo

The Sci-fi Convention Dual Challenge not possable without spending donuts or making the game a fulltime job

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Genosai

Genosai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Team:The Hero Association
  • World:US3
  • Character:Genosai

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

One of the challenges is to take part in 200 duals

Over the 7 days the event runs for that would equal just over 28 duals a day.

That's almost 5 hours of doing nothing but sitting in front of the computer waiting for the 10 min initial dual timer to tick over......  For anyone that leaves it longer so it builds your talking almost the full 24 hours in a day just to get this done (no sleep for you for 7 days).  Or you can spend a small fortune to get it.

This is supposed to be a game not a full time job....

Best solution would either be to have it reduced to 100 duals (about 14 duals a day) or to extend the event by another week to give people the chance to actually get this done.

:/

Edited by Genosai, 02 May 2019 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Genosai

Genosai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

No Idea why it won't let me edit my original post so I'll have to Double Post instead.

Another thing I've realised is that there are NO refresh missions so the only way to get enough of the mission items will be to pay with donuts to refresh the zones.

This event is Pure Whale Pay to win.  Zero chance for Dolphins or F2P customers to complete this event.  :(

• Superbad and Dranyam00 like this

#3 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • Character:FallingGrace

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:08 AM

Doesn't it already take about 5 hours to use all energy and training daily, not to mention with donut payouts from distress calls, daily checkpoints (duels,league,hideout), training rewards, level checkpoints, and exp weekly... free donuts are absurdly common.

Oh and if you want , use the mobile app during your lunch break or whatever.

Not to be a jerk, but do you really expect the best while not doing your best?

• lulean likes this

#4 Genosai

Genosai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

I generally consider myself lucky if I get 1 donut per week, not sure how your finding them 'absurdly common'.  Also the fact that you need 22 mission items per day and there being no missions that refresh the zones, shows that this is a pure whale event. 

The entire point of a F2P game is to make it so that if you have money you get an easy ride with barely any effort put in whatsoever, BUT that even if you don't have any money to throw around you are still able to complete it, just with an absolutely butt load of effort on a Super Saiyan scale. 

This event CANNOT be completed without donut purchases, this is NOT Free to Play this IS Pay to Play.  It does not matter how much effort or 'best' I give this, it is NOT POSSABLE without using premium currency!

Also considering you're a whale this doesn't even affect you /facepalm, this only affects people that are either F2P or dolphins. 

• Lacatus likes this

#5 sumguy

sumguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Freedom fighter
  • Character:Sumguy

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:38 PM

Let's get real. My first reaction to 200 duels was the same as OP. It's impossible. But I figured I'd give it a shot. (What the heck, I need 500 duels for Underwear Thief challenge, so the effort won't be wasted.)

So here we are in the middle of day 4 of the Sci-Fi event. It's halfway through so I need to be at 100 duels. I've made a concerted effort and I'm at 82. Sounds sort of close, but is it? Really?!

If I could continue at my current pace, I'd end up with 160 duels. That means I have to find an additional 40 duels during the next 3.5 days. There's simply not enough time and I can't give any more effort.

Members of my team asked at the beginning if anyone was going to try to finish this event. In retrospect, the answer should have been NO! 

The devs did not properly plan this task.

• Lacatus likes this

#6 Lacatus

Lacatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Fausta

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:28 PM

my duels 1 min ago:

28quljb.png

but to be frankly u r right. Too much duels and not only at this event, too much duels required day by day for 3rd reward.

Edited by Lacatus, 05 May 2019 - 08:30 PM.

• sumguy likes this

#7 MattPowersReal

MattPowersReal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • World:US6
  • Character:Mattpowersreal

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:36 PM

I agree. When I seen all the tasks for this sci-fi convention it blew my mind. For the first time I'm finding myself being forced to constantly play the game rather than when I want to for fun and during my free time. It seems like they did this on purpose so we'll have to pay for donuts and play constantly.

#8 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • Character:Maniac

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:49 AM

Playata needs to start paying me if they want me to spend so much time in the game.

• sumguy, Superbad and alphaw like this

#9 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Team:Suicidal Tendencies
  • Character:Dwerp

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

To save myself the stress of exactly what many are experiencing and complained about... (without paying)

I didn't even try. 

It was a loaded pay event from the beginning. Plus, daily drops and other distress calls needed to be done. 

A drop that isn't worth the time, stress to complete and most of my day to try to get all those duels. No thank you.

I am finding it harder and harder to find reasons to stay on this game. .

• Superbad and Genosai like this

oldaup9f23a.png

#10 sumguy

sumguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Freedom fighter
  • Character:Sumguy

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

my duels 1 min ago:

28quljb.png

but to be frankly u r right. Too much duels and not only at this event, too much duels required day by day for 3rd reward.

congrats on the task completion! (party) and thanks for the comment!  (drinks2)

#11 frafont

frafont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic
  • Team:dysfunctional family
  • Character:frafont

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

I have 2 of 4 parts complete (villain and 70 pins), progress for remaining is 184/200 duels and 70/80 bags. I should be able to finish it tomorrow, but maybe not. I experienced that before in other events - almost done, just certain number of drops needed, but I did not receive one for long time, maybe 1 in 10 missions.

And I can say that I am tired of all that clicking everywhere (and not even speaking about my mouse - two or three more events like this and I will need to go buy new one, lol)

Edited by frafont, 06 May 2019 - 06:39 PM.

• Superbad likes this

#12 MightyMarie

MightyMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Team:Llamas Hog Heaven
  • Character:MightyMarie

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:24 AM

Guys if you stop blabbing..maybe you can finish the tasks.  If you don't the rewards are still cool.  Have fun!

Edited by FaithfulAizen, 08 May 2019 - 01:04 PM.
cursing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users