Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Team:Agents of Shield
  • World:US3
  • Character:Drucilla

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

So the first villain was supposed to show up at 11am - just a few minutes ago. I was sitting here. The popup came up to say there was a villain. I clicked on the Quick Travel to find it - and no big gold star anywhere. No villain. What gives? This is meant to be a Hero Con challenge. Saying there will be a villain and then not giving us a villain to fight is pretty low. 

• TMPsBOOBOO likes this

#2 RedRat

RedRat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationValorous Vagrants
  • Team:V
  • Character:RedRat

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

It did arrive but the trouble is it doesn't arrive at the same time for everybody. I was sat there waiting for it at 8am PT. Maybe 30 or 40 seconds later I got the pop-up announcing the villain but then it then paused for 20 or so seconds before the villains location appeared and by then was already almost defeated. I clicked on it immediately but as I clicked the attack button the defeated popup came up. 10 people in our team were waiting for it and only one was able to to get an attack in. Meanwhile those that did get to attack it got up to 14 attacks in. The villain lasted under 2 minutes.

Villains tend to go very quickly during the HeroCons but if this keeps up with the very uneven access to the villains then the result of the HeroCon won't be based on peoples efforts to be there when the villains arrive but on some random element as to who gets the pop-ups first 

• PhoenixGold, Maniac, TMPsBOOBOO and 1 other like this

#3 RoderickG

RoderickG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Team:Deities of Divine Destiny
  • Character:RoderickG

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

They need to change the algorithm that determines the villain stats to make them tougher during Events. Players with the best ping were able to kill it before the rest of us were even able to attack once.

• Maniac, TMPsBOOBOO, Drucilla and 1 other like this

#4 Drucilla

Drucilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:40 AM

Yeah, I know the villains go fast during Hero Cons. That's why I was sitting waiting for it. But every other time we've had one of these I've at least seen it and been able to start an attack. This time it didn't even show up at all for me. :( And during everyday play if a villain pops up while you're in the game and you decide not to attack, you get a message once it's defeated saying so, and that you got nothing because you didn't attack it. I didn't see that screen either. Basically, apart from the pop-up there was no indication there was ever a villain at all this morning. 

• Maniac and TMPsBOOBOO like this

#5 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

Hello their seems to be a slight issue with the villains. If you can make sure you report it to support so that they know about it.

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#6 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • Character:Maniac

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

OK, THIS VILLAIN HEROCON NEEDS TO BE FIXED. THEY'RE DONE IN LESS THAN 2 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Drucilla likes this

#7 Drucilla

Drucilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Hmph. Ok, this morning there was another villain scheduled for the same time. I saw the popup saying it was there, and this time I could see it. It was already half dead. I clicked fast - paid a doughnut for 3 attacks, clicked on the friends to shorten the time twice - and as I made the last click, the popup saying the villain was defeated came up. About a minute later the popup came up for the rewards saying I got nothing because I didn't attack the villain - although it had happily taken my doughnut for the fights. 

This is ridiculous. During Hero Cons the villains need to have WAY more health because this one literally lasted about 5 seconds. 

• Maniac and Neovespertina like this

#8 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

I agree Drucilla. I am furious. By the time the villain popped up for me it was almost finished. I paid 6 donuts to do 3 attacks and the villain was over before my attacks were counted. I am so livid I am shaking right now.

• Drucilla and ShooX2 like this

#9 HEARTBURN

HEARTBURN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Team:Sidekick Rescue
  • World:US4
  • Character:HEARTBURN

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

I'd say everyone boycott these villain HCs til they start making them longer so we don't sit here waiting for something gone in 20 seconds. haha. It's just silly the way it's set up. They insist on having these over and over when no one likes them. Just getting rid of it totally would be the best answer

• Neovespertina and meljer like this

W7cXmuI.gif

#10 Drucilla

Drucilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Ouch. 6 doughnuts? 

The Villain Hero Cons didn't used to be like this. I remember them going pretty quickly but it was counted in minutes, not seconds. I think I just have to give up on attempting to do this HC because it's doing nothing but making me frustrated. 

• Maniac likes this

#11 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Heartburn, it wouldn't matter if the rest of us players boycotted the HeroCon because the same 5 players from the top 2 teams will continue to spend donuts to out do each other. The rest of us don't matter to them.

• Drucilla likes this

#12 HEARTBURN

HEARTBURN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Team:Sidekick Rescue
  • World:US4
  • Character:HEARTBURN

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

Yes I know it's just wishful thinking. It is what it is and right now it's broken. I had a team full waiting and only 3 of us got a hit in??? Something isn't right. If tonight's is the same way it will be my last attempt. 

• Maniac, TMPsBOOBOO, Drucilla and 1 other like this

W7cXmuI.gif

#13 RoderickG

RoderickG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

It's weird that they haven't fixed this. I mean, it's costing them a lot of money: think of all the players who constantly spend donuts during villain attacks trying to stay in the top 10. The longer the villains last, the more donuts people spend.

• Maniac and Neovespertina like this

#14 sumguy

sumguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Freedom fighter
  • Character:Sumguy

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

Hello their seems to be a slight issue with the villains. If you can make sure you report it to support so that they know about it.

Hi Aizen! I appreciate the spirit of your suggestion. You have consistently advocated for users and I hope everyone recognizes the time and effort you put in.

However, just so you know, the response I received when I reported this problem was far less than adequate. I explained the problem in the ticket AND suggested that the easiest solution was to add hit points to the Villains in HeroCon AND ALSO suggested they look at these forum posts so they could see how upset users were getting. 

My problem is, it's hard for me to answer their question because it sounds like they don't understand how HeroCon works (or possibly don't know what HeroCon is.) I would welcome any suggestions on how I can better explain this problem to them.

Thanks!

Edited by FaithfulAizen, 21 January 2019 - 03:31 PM.

• Maniac and ShooX2 like this

#15 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts
  • World:US8
  • Character:meljer

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:20 AM

you can always put something along this line  "i am writing to you to discuss the current standings of the herocon "villians"  it has come to many players in the game that the villians are beaten to fast and easily before any one of us gets adequate hit in, so the only players making a dent in this situation are those that can spend donuts, which even then you are not garrunteed a hit.

my proposal; being a active members in this game suggest that perhaps we can make the villians harder, with more xp so that everyone is able to take some hits against it." i appreciate the time it might take to look into this situations but i am sure that if this is corrected the outcome of this herocon, and others will be taken more seriously.  until then many players feel like they can not do much as of this time.  please look into this matter, i appreciate all you guys do

--lol  i might sould too mushy though.... (grin)

• sumguy likes this

#16 Mahhafooznit

Mahhafooznit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Character:Mahhafooznit

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

Here is the sad thing. This is day 3 of the herocon  and my team is the only team on the board because we have hit over 100 points. Not a single other team has managed to do the same. And sadly it is not due to my help. I was online and available for 2 of the 3 villains. Willing to spend donuts. Zero hits. 

• meljer likes this

#17 RoderickG

RoderickG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

Hi Aizen! I appreciate the spirit of your suggestion. You have consistently advocated for users and I hope everyone recognizes the time and effort you put in.

However, just so you know, the response I received when I reported this problem was far less than adequate. I explained the problem in the ticket AND suggested that the easiest solution was to add hit points to the Villains in HeroCon AND ALSO suggested they look at these forum posts so they could see how upset users were getting. This was their complete response:

"Hello, Sumguy

the villains only die too fast when they appear during "their" HeroCon?

Thank you for contacting us."

My problem is, it's hard for me to answer their question because it sounds like they don't understand how HeroCon works (or possibly don't know what HeroCon is.) I would welcome any suggestions on how I can better explain this problem to them.

Thanks!

That was the exact same first response that I recieved

#18 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

I have had the same problem, my members are online but can not get hits in. This week is hard for me because I have some RL stuff happening, but for 3/4 of the members not being able to hit..they are getting frustrated. Sadly the only thing we can do is vent here and write to support and hope they eventually hear us

Here is the sad thing. This is day 3 of the herocon  and my team is the only team on the board because we have hit over 100 points. Not a single other team has managed to do the same. And sadly it is not due to my help. I was online and available for 2 of the 3 villains. Willing to spend donuts. Zero hits.

#19 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

I am seriously considering quitting this game because of how the villain herocon is run. It's too frustrating and no fun. And games are supposed to fun. Adios y' all.

• stevegamer likes this

#20 meljer

meljer

Advanced Member

• Coordinators
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:42 AM

Maniac I'm sorry you feel this way. While this herocon can be frustrating I myself feel this is just a small part of a larger game. So while one small factor is irritating I cant just up and quit. Perhaps to you there is alot of factors. I am sorry for them and the most I can say is let support know how you feel and hope that down the road it is fixed. If you do decide this game has run this course for you, I thank you for being a great player I was happy to have known a piece of you. Good luck

I am seriously considering quitting this game because of how the villain herocon is run. It's too frustrating and no fun. And games are supposed to fun. Adios y' all.

• alphaw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users