I think the forum contest the 6 days of Christmas is kind of nice however I have a few suggestions on how it might have been made better and/or how to make future contest better.
1) It should probably have been the 12 days of Christmas as that is a much more iconic concept when it comes to Christmas
2) Instead of having a single 30 Skill Point reward at the end for making a single incorrect guess. It would have been better to make it (30 / NumberOfDays -- in this case 5 Skill Points) per guess that a player makes that does not win. This has the potential to greatly increase player participation which is, from my understanding, the purpose of the contest -- player participation and happiness.
3) Instead of having just one prize for a correct answer at the end -- have one main prize and then a secondary (less valuable prize) that is better than the skill point reward for an incorrect guess but not nearly as good as the main prize -- for each subsequent correct guess -- this again would help to increase participation as well as player happiness
4) Make the "Day" event actually a day long event to help increase participation -- This would actually make the whole process easier as when the Mod closes down the previous day's voting they, at the same time, are posting the next days first message -- this would also increase participation as well as player happiness
5) Lastly but perhaps the most important -- denote all of this in detail up front so players fully understand how the contest is going to be run -- setting proper expectations regardless of the contest parameters -- helps to reduce player unhappiness due to them making the wrong assumptions about the contest because no explanation was made -- such as in the case of the 6 Days of Christmas not actually being a Day long event as it was advertised to be (or at least implied by what was stated about it).
Edited by CosmicSpinet, 19 December 2018 - 01:06 AM.