Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • World:US2
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:56 PM

Almost done. 27 duels to go and 3 more washing machine uses to go.

Everything else is done.
  • TMPsBOOBOO likes this

#22 TMPsBOOBOO

TMPsBOOBOO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Team:ThePanthersDen
  • Character:TMPsBOOBOO

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:07 PM

Understand you there. I'm all done except with the washing machines!

• PhoenixGold likes this

#23 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:01 AM

One more washing machine and I'm done.

#24 frafont

frafont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic
  • Team:dysfunctional family
  • World:US3
  • Character:frafont

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:33 AM

Washing 9/10

Tales 129/200

the rest done

I should be able to complete the event, but I agree that rewards could be better.

#25 lulean

lulean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Team:Dysfunctional Family
  • Character:Lulean

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Personally I like that this event was a challenge and that I'm having to push right to the last day.. too often I'm done the event within a couple days because it's so easy. Good job guys!!
  • PhoenixGold, Maniac, NewDay and 2 others like this

#26 sumguy

sumguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Freedom fighter
  • Character:Sumguy

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:48 PM

I am going play Dev's Advocate for a moment

First, I do agree that 200 duels and 200 fight missions seems high. But think for a moment what they replaced. These types of events have typically had THREE collection events. This event only has ONE (Autographs). Those have historically been the most frustrating part of these events, relying on luck to have the required items show up in missions.

If this format (only one collection item) requires a little more effort but results in success, then it would be a good thing. If 200 duels and 200 fight missions is too many, then HOPEFULLY the Devs will treat this as a massive playtest and lower those required numbers to a reasonable level.

Let's see how this plays out.

Now that I've fulfilled my role as advocating for the devs, I should also mention that I have long agreed with Ansane's point that the rewards for these events are absurdly low for the effort involved. The epic item never is worth keeping (unless you're a newbie.) That is another thing I hope the devs address someday soon.

Well, this is new:

I received a warning about my post because I had referred to myself as Devil's Advocate. It goes as follows:

"I edited your post in the topic called sad. Please do not refer the devs or mods as devils."

Talk about not getting it! I'm getting warned and I'm advocating FOR the Devs. I even encouraged patience in seeing how this whole event played out, and it seems like a lot of people are successfully completing this event.

I'll probably get another warning for sharing this, but that doesn't matter because I'm probably done here.

It's possible it's just a language thing. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and willing to accept an apology along those lines. But I don't take well to warnings when I've done nothing wrong.

On a lighter note, I'm probably most upset because editing "Devil's Advocate" down to "Dev's Advocate" undermines most of the humor from my original post.

Get a clue guys. There's a lot of people saying bad things about devs. I haven't been one of them … UNTIL NOW.

• PhoenixGold, Maniac, TMPsBOOBOO and 3 others like this

#27 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Character:Maniac

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:54 PM

Well, this is new:

I received a warning about my post because I had referred to myself as Devil's Advocate. It goes as follows:

"I edited your post in the topic called sad. Please do not refer the devs or mods as devils."

Talk about not getting it! I'm getting warned and I'm advocating FOR the Devs. I even encouraged patience in seeing how this whole event played out, and it seems like a lot of people are successfully completing this event.

I'll probably get another warning for sharing this, but that doesn't matter because I'm probably done here.

It's possible it's just a language thing. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and willing to accept an apology along those lines. But I don't take well to warnings when I've done nothing wrong.

On a lighter note, I'm probably most upset because editing "Devil's Advocate" down to "Dev's Advocate" undermines most of the humor from my original post.

Get a clue guys. There's a lot of people saying bad things about devs. I haven't been one of them … UNTIL NOW.

Perhaps it's the language barrier. The devs are German and I would guess that a few of the mods are too. Perhaps they don't understand the term "Devil's Advocate".  You shouldn't worry about it.

• PhoenixGold, NewDay and Neovespertina like this

#28 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:23 AM

Completed it.

#29 Maniac

Maniac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Character:Maniac

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:32 PM

I  finished it too. I spent 2 donuts to use the washing machine the last two times. At least I got 5 donuts as reward so I'm still up by 3 donuts.  ;)  The 10 skill points are good. But all the reward items that I had to choose from were negative in stats, so completely useless. Maybe they're better for lower level players.

• PhoenixGold likes this

#30 frafont

frafont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic
  • Team:dysfunctional family
  • Character:frafont

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

Finished too. But last part (tales) was very close - I lost like 3 or 4 in a row with some 192/200 and low energy, then I was lucky and got "hadouken" or how it is called, where for 5 wins you get 30 energy. I won (was 4/5 before it) and collected extra energy and completed:-)

• PhoenixGold likes this

#31 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:38 PM

Nice work guys!

#32 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Team:Suicidal Tendencies
  • Character:Dwerp

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

I gave up.. I have a full time job... full time responsibilities. There was no way I was going to get that many duels done. I think I still had 50+ to do on the last day. 

I understand that these should be tough, but it shouldn't take most of a day, everyday, playing to be able to complete. 

oldaup9f23a.png

#33 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • World:US4
  • Character:Kingie

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

Well, this is new:

Hahahaha :D

The Dev is in the Details

• Maniac, lulean and Neovespertina like this

#34 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:27 AM

Better the dev you know then the dev you don't. 

Every man for himself and the dev take the hindmost.

God sends meat and the dev sends cooks.

Talk of the dev and he is sure to appear.

The dev finds work for idle hands. 

The dev is in the details.

Tell the truth and shame the dev. 

O.K. my I'm done, I will probably catch the dev for this post. (devil)

• Maniac and lulean like this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#35 ZoLq

ZoLq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:05 AM

every time it gets harder and harder to complete :D and now you have to use donuts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users