Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • World:US4
  • Character:Kingie

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:34 AM

Sad, that playata decides that for the summer mission to be completed you have to use Donuts (Washing machine 10x).

First time I see that happen.

• Maniac and Slappy like this

#2 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • World:US1

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:12 PM

It is not normal. To be honest, it is waaaay too much work considering the 7-days timeline.. 200 duels, 200 fighting missions, 70 trainings, 10 washing machine.

Considering you have to pay 3 donuts yourself to even be able to complete it, the reward (what is it, 5 donuts, 10 skillpoints and a worthless epic item) you get is an insult.. Not impressed! 

(angry)

edit: typo

Edited by Ansane, 13 August 2018 - 07:13 PM.

• Lacatus likes this

#3 CobaltStarling

CobaltStarling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • World:US3
  • Character:Cobalt

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice it. While Ansane might be slightly wrong on it, since it's double week, I imagine one of the doubles will be washing machine, so you'll need to spend at least 2 doughnuts on it. It is still disappointing.

#4 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:31 PM

It is far more than being required to use donuts to complete the washing machine part of the mission.

The 200 duels/200 fights means that you MUST do 28.5 of each each and every day! 

IF you are lucky enough to get mostly 3 minute fights AND win them all, then you ONLY have to use 84/87 energy per day, if you are like me, then missions average 5+ minutes quite often meaning you are getting close to 150 energy per day.

The 28/29 duels per day is pretty much impossible unless you have no job AND life. 10 minutes per attack means quite a few hours waiting or hopping on-line every little bit to duel. 290 minutes is just short of 5 hours!

I have already done...76 energy.  got a total of 13...GUESS WHAT?  You MUST win the fight, I missed that part since you have to look at the hints portion of the mission!  So I wasted 3 fights so far and like 14 energy.

Mix in the 40 cards which only seem to appear for hard fights or high time missions...82 energy used...lets see if I win the hard card/fight...failed...choice of 7 minute easy or 2 minute hard...waste energy either way, all my other fights are even higher times...

Well, glad I started looking for a new game last week, I am pretty sure I am gone after close to 3 years here

• Ansane, Neovespertina and Slappy like this

#5 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:15 AM

Yes, the 200 duels is outrageous. I only managed to do 20 duels yesterday. How am I supposed to do 200 in 7 days....

• Kingie likes this

#6 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice it. While Ansane might be slightly wrong on it, since it's double week, I imagine one of the doubles will be washing machine, so you'll need to spend at least 2 doughnuts on it. It is still disappointing.

???? what double week..? :S  :S

• Slappy likes this

#7 Slappy

Slappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Character:Slappy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

It is far more than being required to use donuts to complete the washing machine part of the mission.

The 200 duels/200 fights means that you MUST do 28.5 of each each and every day! 

IF you are lucky enough to get mostly 3 minute fights AND win them all, then you ONLY have to use 84/87 energy per day, if you are like me, then missions average 5+ minutes quite often meaning you are getting close to 150 energy per day.

The 28/29 duels per day is pretty much impossible unless you have no job AND life. 10 minutes per attack means quite a few hours waiting or hopping on-line every little bit to duel. 290 minutes is just short of 5 hours!

I have already done...76 energy.  got a total of 13...GUESS WHAT?  You MUST win the fight, I missed that part since you have to look at the hints portion of the mission!  So I wasted 3 fights so far and like 14 energy.

Mix in the 40 cards which only seem to appear for hard fights or high time missions...82 energy used...lets see if I win the hard card/fight...failed...choice of 7 minute easy or 2 minute hard...waste energy either way, all my other fights are even higher times...

Well, glad I started looking for a new game last week, I am pretty sure I am gone after close to 3 years here

Let us know which game, please

#8 CobaltStarling

CobaltStarling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Team:Riff Raff
  • Character:Cobalt

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:00 PM

Oddly enough, that's what they're referring to it as. Hover over the icon and it's called 'Summer Double Week'. I thought that they might have just forgotten to double something yesterday, but no, no double today either.

#9 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • World:US4
  • Character:Kingie

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

I think they made a mistake and this summer event will last two weeks? Double week will be next week?

At least I hope that this is the case. Otherwise it is ridiculous.

#10 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

Either that, or they just have made it crazy difficult to complete (especially the duel challenge), so that you finish all the tasks and are left with the duel challenge. With only one task left (the 200 duel task), you do as many duels as possible and notice at the end of the week that you have no chance finishing. Angry, you then decide to pay a few donuts to instant-finish, especially because of the effort you already have put in. 

Psychology.

Disgusting.

(dizzy)

#11 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • World:US2
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

Not trying to be on any particular side, but I am over 50 percent complete. 58 percent now that I double checked. The only mission i will have to pay a few donuts for is the washing machine. Otherwise te duels are easy. The fighting missions are easy. Training in I am done already. I had some saved up heroic deeds and a training trophy. the only one left to really worry about is the autographed cards. I still managed to get the daily missions one too. Almost done with the weekly ones too.

I have finished every event 100 percent thus far without having to use any donuts unless it calls for it. Like the washing machine.

Edited by PhoenixGold, 15 August 2018 - 06:31 AM.

#12 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:34 AM

Not trying to be on any particular side, but I am over 50 percent complete. 58 percent now that I double checked. The only mission i will have to pay a few donuts for is the washing machine. Otherwise te duels are easy. The fighting missions are easy. Training in I am done already. I had some saved up heroic deeds and a training trophy. the only one left to really worry about is the autographed cards. I still managed to get the daily missions one too. Almost done with the weekly ones too.

I have finished every event 100 percent thus far without having to use any donuts unless it calls for it. Like the washing machine.

Well, you are more the exception rather than the rule. If you have a normal life, the duel challenge is almost impossible without paying donuts. 

• Maniac and Kingie like this

#13 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:36 AM

67 out of 200 duels. Have no duel trophies.
32 out of 40 autographed cards.
78 out of 200 fighting missions.
70 out of 70 training.
3 out of 10 washing machine.
  • sparky1 likes this

#14 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:38 AM

I do have a normal life. I just duel as often as I can. I play on my phone. The duel one isn't all that hard. Keep your courage under 20 at all times and you can deal every 8 minutes not including your first 5 hits. Full time work and have a family.

But you are right I may be the exception to the rule.
  • Lacatus, Ansane, Maniac and 1 other like this

#15 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

Double week is now live.

• PhoenixGold likes this

#16 stevegamer

stevegamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:14 AM

Double week is now live.

I was just getting ready to post, then it went live.

Looks like most of the tasks should be fairly reasonable, given the doubles. Yes we'll need to spend donuts on the washing machine, but one can always leave that for last, and only do it if it generates the reward. If one of the other 4 missions gave a 2 donut reward  instead, that would've worked great.

#17 Lacatus

Lacatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Fausta

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

105 duels
92 tales
trainings done
20 cards
3 washing
:)
  • PhoenixGold likes this

#18 sumguy

sumguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Freedom fighter
  • Character:Sumguy

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

I am going play Dev's Advocate for a moment

First, I do agree that 200 duels and 200 fight missions seems high. But think for a moment what they replaced. These types of events have typically had THREE collection events. This event only has ONE (Autographs). Those have historically been the most frustrating part of these events, relying on luck to have the required items show up in missions.

If this format (only one collection item) requires a little more effort but results in success, then it would be a good thing. If 200 duels and 200 fight missions is too many, then HOPEFULLY the Devs will treat this as a massive playtest and lower those required numbers to a reasonable level.

Let's see how this plays out.

Now that I've fulfilled my role as advocating for the devs, I should also mention that I have long agreed with Ansane's point that the rewards for these events are absurdly low for the effort involved. The epic item never is worth keeping (unless you're a newbie.) That is another thing I hope the devs address someday soon.

• PhoenixGold, Maniac, NewDay and 3 others like this

#19 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

I agree that the rewards do suck.

102/200 duels
37/40 autographed cards
107/200 tales
4/10 washing machine
70/70 Training complete
Almost done with my second set of energy.

#20 stevegamer

stevegamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:34 AM

I am going play dev's Advocate for a moment

First, I do agree that 200 duels and 200 fight missions seems high. But think for a moment what they replaced. These types of events have typically had THREE collection events. This event only has ONE (Autographs). Those have historically been the most frustrating part of these events, relying on luck to have the required items show up in missions.

If this format (only one collection item) requires a little more effort but results in success, then it would be a good thing. If 200 duels and 200 fight missions is too many, then HOPEFULLY the Devs will treat this as a massive playtest and lower those required numbers to a reasonable level.

Let's see how this plays out.

Now that I've fulfilled my role as advocating for the devs, I should also mention that I have long agreed with Ansane's point that the rewards for these events are absurdly low for the effort involved. The epic item never is worth keeping (unless you're a newbie.) That is another thing I hope the devs address someday soon.

The bolded is a really good point.

• Maniac likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users