Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • World:US4
  • Character:Kingie

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

Up to say level 200 one can win useful items. But gradually as the game progresses they get more and more useless. WHY???

You have to do missions 50x to win an utterly useless item.

And in the end everybody walks around in the same suit (hero of champions/superhero league). Maybe once in 10,000x winning a useful weapon (and having being lucky enough to be able to produce an epic mod for it).

Already the game is getting more and more boring once one progresses because leveling up takes forever. But I can understand that in a way.

But I can't understand why the game takes away the feeling of reward when winning an item.

• Mahhafooznit, sparky1, Neovespertina and 1 other like this

#2 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

Further to the above: it also looks like the higher the mod workshop the worse the items get.  My workshop is lvl 16 which gives 80% mod. Our team bonus is above 90%. Yet I hardly can produce any useful mod!! Something is wrong with how higher workshop affects the items.

My suggestions: Make the items more worthwhile!

Make a high workshop worthwhile!

Give people goals, rewards to look out for. Instead of USELESS items which one sells right away or stores for selling during Herocon. Make it more like when one just starts playing. More worthwhile rewards, more things to achieve, more possibilities for improvement higher up in the game, more room for different outfits. Less boring.

Make it possible that one can put a 5% (rare) or 7% strength, stamina, intuition, brain (epic) (similar to Champions & Superhero) additions to ANY suit. This will result in people not all wearing the same suits. And together with improving the items one can win this will also result in being able to actuallly USE mods produced. It might even cause donut buying as it is more worthwhile to look for the right mod to be produced.

This can be done via an item that can be produced in workshop (similar to the one time modification socket) or via an extra room in the hideout. P.e. a Sewing Workshop. Where every level gives the possibility to punch a .25% or .5% parts holes in any item one puts in there.

Other suggestion: A pet course room in the hideout. Where one can train ones pet to get better stats.

Edited by Kingie, 08 March 2018 - 12:23 PM.

• Mahhafooznit, Neovespertina and Slappy like this

#3 Slappy

Slappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Slappy

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:29 PM

Good ideas!

#4 Slappy

Slappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Character:Slappy

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

At the moment the game sells items in the shop (for donuts!) which are completely useless as well. Why would anyone buy those??!

Having better items and being able to change outfit more often will probably be profitable for the game. As people might more often change the look of their outfit, or indeed by trying to produce the best mod from the workshop. Better items would also make the choice which missions to do more interesting. As well as the special missions and deeds where you can win items.

• Neovespertina and Kingie like this

#5 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Yes, I don't understand why A LOT of games always have the same principle: Fast and interesting at first and slow and boring when one progresses. It makes no sense as something already gets more boring when doing for a long time... Why make it worse by game design? !!!?

Give something to work towards to: like deeds (but not deeds which need 700x to finish!). Items that enable you to slowly make your character better. Workshops improvements that make your character slowly better (see earlier post: improving your workshop doesn't help, the items you win are just getting worse at the same or higher rate!).

Items that enable you to distinguish yourself from others (not all the same look because there are only 2 top outfits!).

And this game is about building a strong character, but yet it doesn't give u the real possibility to show off/or compete to others. See thread about League contest. Only for those in the top. But when you as a player started at a later time it's virtually impossible to catch up as only the strongest have the possibilities to get stronger.

But is anything done with suggestions anyway? Does Playata even read them? I doubt it.

Edited by Kingie, 08 March 2018 - 03:56 PM.

• Neovespertina and Slappy like this

#6 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

But it looks like I am the fool crying in the wilderness. Hardly anybody on the forum (why not have a worldwide forum? Or is there one?) and hardly anybody reacting.

I am the only one online on this forum. (grin) :O :(

• Neovespertina likes this

#7 fantomica

fantomica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Team:Double Zero
  • Character:Guldansz

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

But is anything done with suggestions anyway? Does Playata even read them? I doubt it.

Well, we read every suggestion and we pass them forward, yours will be taken into consideration so don't worry :)

#8 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:10 AM

I was told by them the prefer if a player reaches level 250 to quit. They told me long term players aren't good for the game.

#9 Gawain

Gawain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

I hope they don't censor my message, but anyway we all know this :)

- The reason for the useless items, is that players spend a lot of donuts renovating the store, and trying to find pets and objects. That is the objective of the events as well. If everyone can found useful objects and good rewards, they would not need to spend donuts.

- With the workshop is the same, the idea is to renew the section looking for rare or epic objects. If you raise of level in the workshop does not change much, you can find good objects in the level 1 or 2

- Here they don't like much that the players become strong quickly. This slowness is what creates addiction to the game, and the egocentrism of players wanting to be stronger, powerful, have good clothes etc ,is the motor from the company uses to make money.

- About to the ideas you propose, if the company decided to implement them in the game, they would not be free, surely you should spend donuts to use them, or be patient and use them for free only once a day, which is no longer fun at all.

I think the reason for the useless items, is that players spend a lot of donuts renovating the store, and trying to find pets and objects. That is the objective of the events as well. If everyone can found useful objects and good rewards, they would not need to spend donuts.

- With the workshop is the same, the idea is to renew the section looking for rare or epic objects. If you raise of level in the workshop does not change much, you can find good objects in the level 1 or 2

- Here they don't like much that the players become strong quickly. This slowness is what creates addiction to the game, and the egocentrism of players wanting to be stronger, powerful, have good clothes etc ,is the motor from the company uses to make money.

- About to the ideas you propose, if the company decided to implement them in the game, they would not be free, surely you should spend donuts to use them, or be patient and use them for free only once a day, which is no longer fun at all.

#10 Maky

Maky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:The Warriors
  • Character:Maky

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:07 AM

those are good ideas

• Kingie and Gawain like this

#11 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:00 PM

I was told by them the prefer if a player reaches level 250 to quit. They told me long term players aren't good for the game.

Well at least they're honest about it then :(

• pottyman likes this

#12 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

I hope they don't censor my message, but anyway we all know this :)

- The reason for the useless items, is that players spend a lot of donuts renovating the store, and trying to find pets and objects. That is the objective of the events as well. If everyone can found useful objects and good rewards, they would not need to spend donuts.

I think the reason for the useless items, is that players spend a lot of donuts renovating the store, and trying to find pets and objects. That is the objective of the events as well. If everyone can found useful objects and good rewards, they would not need to spend donuts.

Well personally I think I would more likely spend more donuts if I could actually use some of the items I get. I would more likely search for a better mod if I have a worthwhile new item.

I mean: it makes no sense to buy an object in the shop for a donut because these items are also worthless. And why would I want t renew the shop if all that appears are useless items.

#13 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

But playata/moderators... is this true???

#14 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:13 AM

But playata/moderators... is this true???

No, it's not.

I'd like to see a screenshot - thank you

Cheers!
Posted Image

#15 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

100 percent true. Old phone lost my email but the whole game is designed to attract new players and run off long term players so. You can message me for context and situation concerning the statement but I'm not getting in trouble for posting here.

#16 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

100 percent true. Old phone lost my email but the whole game is designed to attract new players and run off long term players so. You can message me for context and situation concerning the statement but I'm not getting in trouble for posting here.

I agree that the game is designed to attract new players, but that doesn't mean that we want long term players to quit the game.

Yes, please message me.

Cheers.

Posted Image

#17 Kingie

Kingie

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Well... for all the reasons stated above. At the least it looks like it that Playata doesn't like people to hang in there for a long time.

• Slappy likes this

#18 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:41 AM

Well... for all the reasons stated above. At the least it looks like it that Playata doesn't like people to hang in there for a long time.

I don't know how true or not this is, or Leapinglizard's comment. But I'll say that the HZ team is not paying much attention to the older crowd. I can only speak for the US2 server, that almost every team is dying. Only the top 2 it 3 teams are full. Every other team is not full to capacity. Many inactive players. Not enough new players sticking around to fill the teams. This server is dying.
And not much appears to be changing from the staff to address this. I would imagine the us1 server is also struggling. Not sure about the us3 server.

Most of the players are complaining about the lack of the staff addressing this situation. Which the impending doom of these servers should wake the staff up to make a change. But they won't open their eyes.
  • pottyman, Slappy and Kingie like this

#19 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Team:Donut Muchies
  • Character:Oleg1

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

ya know, this is a free to play game? ;)

Developers want to make money, while also getting paid.

This is a multi-billion industry and, I assume, they know what they are doing.

I do agree with your ideas, just like many others. But every game has its own mechanics, where every player wants to hit the top. Change the suit to the best and everyone will jump same boat. Change the mechanics/formula and everyone will change accordingly.

I don't know how many games you have played, but it works the same way everywhere, except pay to win games. Now these games are a bit more "interesting" in a way, where people spend thousands of dollars to win/reach their goals. Then the same players move on to the  next server and repeat.

So as long as this formula works for majority of companies, it will stay this way.

PS: there are other forums, not everyone speaks English, ya know ;)

about level 250. There is no point quitting the game, because you get more skills for the same amount of training points -- 10 instead of 5. So that's the new goal. Also, you can always play with your gear. I see same heroes switching around every now and then.

If you get bored with the game, you move to the next one. Or make it more challenging for yourself. That is what people do with stand alone games. Or they create new character and new tactics for multiplayer games. Some games are short, while others take you years to move to some sort of "top" ;) It is all up to you. And the likes of you are millions around the world ;) So as amount of games you can choose from ;)

#20 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:35 AM

ya know, this is a free to play game? ;)
Developers want to make money, while also getting paid.
This is a multi-billion industry and, I assume, they know what they are doing.
I do agree with your ideas, just like many others. But every game has its own mechanics, where every player wants to hit the top. Change the suit to the best and everyone will jump same boat. Change the mechanics/formula and everyone will change accordingly.
I don't know how many games you have played, but it works the same way everywhere, except pay to win games. Now these games are a bit more "interesting" in a way, where people spend thousands of dollars to win/reach their goals. Then the same players move on to the  next server and repeat.
So as long as this formula works for majority of companies, it will stay this way.
PS: there are other forums, not everyone speaks English, ya know ;)
about level 250. There is no point quitting the game, because you get more skills for the same amount of training points -- 10 instead of 5. So that's the new goal. Also, you can always play with your gear. I see same heroes switching around every now and then.
If you get bored with the game, you move to the next one. Or make it more challenging for yourself. That is what people do with stand alone games. Or they create new character and new tactics for multiplayer games. Some games are short, while others take you years to move to some sort of "top" ;) It is all up to you. And the likes of you are millions around the world ;) So as amount of games you can choose from ;)

They can make the game any way they like. To make money any way they like. But again coming from us2 several years ago....I would say 2 or 3 years ago use was at it's prime. 10k players....many many teams. Some of the bigger teams had an extra subteam or 2. Now almost every team is struggling to maintain 25+ team mates per team and have lost all of their subteams. Nowthe us2 server is down to less than 300 players. Not many of them are fully active too. There are really only 3 top teams with almost full 30 people. The rest of the 'TOP' 10 teams minus the first 3 teams have less than 25 players. And are losing players often. My team is around the top 5 - 7 and we have about 25...but only 15 are even active. And of those 15 only maybe 4 or 5 of us run everything. The rest don't even log in daily. Just every few days if that. And the remaining 10 that are not active are just that.... inactive or may log in once every several days to weeks to months. Or not at all. We lost two to inactivity in the last couple weeks. And have roughly 3 more who are slated to be deleted soon due to inactivity. It is not for the lack of not trying...I know and feel and see hz not doing anything to address this. If they don't want the server to die and lose those customers they should step up and do something. But hey it is their game. So it is up to them.
  • leapinglizard, Slappy and Kingie like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users