Photo

"I sense something spooky" bonus weekend!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • World:US1

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Hello dear heroes,

There's a spooky feeling in the air ... Our sixth sense is telling us that the city will soon be full of creepy creatures. Sharpen your senses too, and prepare yourself for the scary fun during the "I sense something spooky" bonus weekend from 27-10-2017 to 29-10-17! On Saturday and Sunday you'll get a double helping of Mission energy! But that's not all - the Donut Shop is selling frightfully good Spooky Feeling Boxes, full of donuts, and also a 5-Day Heroic Sense voucher. Happy Haunting!

Cheers!

• Dwerp likes this
Posted Image

#2 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • World:US2
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

Yeah.....donuts.....great. I am not buying them this go around. Tell your team that they can keep their donuts. The changes are awful. Their attention to the game and their attention to what the desired of some of the players are asking for are not being heard. I am not paying anymore for the services that I am getting in this game. It isn't making this game fun for many of us anymore. I see a few players, again I say a FEW players happy. But look at the servers dying. Why are the servers dying? If the updates are that great? Why are the top.5 teams players losing players? And believe me they are,.they are only backfilling them with players from lower teams or are running with less than 30 players. At least on US2. Start addressing this and you might see some people coming back or revitalization in the servers... Then people might pay more and invest in donuts.

-PG
  • Ansane, Silverwing and centella like this

#3 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Very boring weekend. This is not far from what we got last week, and guess what, it doesn't help. Coins are generally easy to come by. You have still terminated the honor tournament and continue with activities that force players to spend donuts in order to be able to compete (last HeroCon...). 

:excl:

Edited by Ansane, 28 October 2017 - 08:23 AM.

#4 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Very boring weekend. This is not far from what we got last week, and guess what, it doesn't help. Coins are generally easy to come by. You have still terminated the honor tournament and continue with activities that force players to spend donuts in order to be able to compete (last HeroCon...). 

:excl:

Double energy doesn't help? I don't think so. :)
Posted Image

#5 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Double energy doesn't help? I don't think so. :)

Double energy now and then won't help this game come back on track.  (smug)

#6 Mons

Mons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNorth of Nowhere
  • Team:Flaming Llama
  • World:US3
  • Character:Mons

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

i certainly criticize this game as much as anyone, when they deserve it.  but for a long time Playata game the players NOTHING without making them pay for it.  These two weeks of double energy, along with the double coin and double XP were nice, especially since we didn't have to pay for them.  Yeah there is a long way to go to get this game back on track ( read ....honor tournament ), but maybe it's baby steps.

• LevelHunter, Astral, BetaTester and 1 other like this

Always do right.  This will gratify some
people and astonish the rest.
                                         Mark Twain

#7 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Double energy, experience and coin? Again the server is dying though. Even people on my team aren't completing what they already have as far as energy goes. They are bored. Then you give them extra energy on top.and they think it is a chore. I personally like it and embrace it. But when we have energy cons, on US2 my team who is generally not quite or barely top 5....we rank higher than most of the teams... Coming in 2nd place. What happened to these other teams and players? And I can tell you coming in second place there is only 1/3rd of my team running more than 75 percent or more of their energy. And the rest just run their first set or a variation of less. Even when there is an event.

Again,the game developers need to look at why the players are leaving. Otherwise what they will have in a few years? Years? Months worth of time of players will keep going down and eventually there will be a small audience of players for them to develop this game for and they will end up having to shut it down. Think about it. I have seen many a game have to close do to lack of interest. Good or not. This might be the next one?

PS. I hope not...

I understand that baby steps might be what they are taking, but players on US2 or interest in this game on US2 is dying faster than that. By the time the developers , let me rephrase that....if the developers figure out how they want to change the game that might resolve the players leaving it might be too late for their base or core group. And may be too late for the game itself.
I can't proclaim or profess to know what will happen but I see people leaving more than coming....I remember a day when there were more.people coming than leaving. Teams that had more applications than they could deal with so they opened up team 2 and team 3 versions of themselves or training teams. Now they can barely stay afloat. Or have already died. You tell me if these updates are fixing that? Or bring players back to this game? Because I certainly don't see it or feel it.

-PG

Edited by EzrealStorm, 28 October 2017 - 07:09 PM.

• LevelHunter and nebuna like this

#8 Mons

Mons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

I understand what you're saying Phoenix and, even though I don't have a toon on US2, have read enough on here to feel your pain.  Which is why I am so against yet another new server.  A new destination to have new players directed to and another server (US3) to start to die on the vine. And a ton more donuts in Playata's pockets.

I haven't spoken regards the server issue before as it's proponents are so over the moon about it.  I for one am not....just saying.  Maybe the solution you are looking for would be a (drastic) at least to the community, of splitting up the assignment of new players evenly......

4 months each to US1, US2, and US3.  Probably makes no sense but I ma trying to think outside of the box here.  It just might help to repopulate US1 and US2, which both (at least I have read) could really use the new players.  And yes I am aware of the player level differential.

In the end you may be right.  But I hope not.

• PhoenixGold and centella like this

Mark Twain

#9 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

I understand what you're saying Phoenix and, even though I don't have a toon on US2, have read enough on here to feel your pain.  Which is why I am so against yet another new server.  A new destination to have new players directed to and another server (US3) to start to die on the vine. And a ton more donuts in Playata's pockets.

I haven't spoken regards the server issue before as it's proponents are so over the moon about it.  I for one am not....just saying.  Maybe the solution you are looking for would be a (drastic) at least to the community, of splitting up the assignment of new players evenly......

4 months each to US1, US2, and US3.  Probably makes no sense but I ma trying to think outside of the box here.  It just might help to repopulate US1 and US2, which both (at least I have read) could really use the new players.  And yes I am aware of the player level differential.

In the end you may be right.  But I hope not.

the servers are dying and you are celebrating some extra energy as a small victory? It is NOT. People are not even bothering to spend all the energy anymore, as they have lost interest. Wake up, wow.  :S

#10 Mons

Mons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

Ansane, there was no need to take it personal.  You can rest assured I am awake and aware that servers are dying.  You didn't even quote my correct post.  In the post you  quoted I simply tried to offer some sort of alternate way of populating US1 and US2 without making a US4, which I think is a bad idea.  I guess you still have enough interest in the game to read the forums and post here so instead of the standard bitching and moaning that makes up so may posts on here maybe you have a constructive idea ? 

As far as the free energy etc..........  I wasn't "celebrating" it.  I was and am just thankful when I get anything free from this game.  You notice maybe also that Herocon tasks have changed up after a lot of posts on here ?   Just sayin.....

• LevelHunter likes this

Mark Twain

#11 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

there is a way to create another server in English without hurting US3 ( and I still wish US3 was not "always default" but they keep alternating to US1 and 2 also )

they can make an "Australian server", is separate so it will not influence negatively in any way whatsoever US, UK and Asia servers,

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#12 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

Ansane, there was no need to take it personal.  You can rest assured I am awake and aware that servers are dying.  You didn't even quote my correct post.  In the post you  quoted I simply tried to offer some sort of alternate way of populating US1 and US2 without making a US4, which I think is a bad idea.  I guess you still have enough interest in the game to read the forums and post here so instead of the standard bitching and moaning that makes up so may posts on here maybe you have a constructive idea ? 

As far as the free energy etc..........  I wasn't "celebrating" it.  I was and am just thankful when I get anything free from this game.  You notice maybe also that Herocon tasks have changed up after a lot of posts on here ?   Just sayin.....

Disagree. Completely disagree. We do not need free energy. We need the old Hero Zero spirit back -- and that does not come by giving us a weekend with double energy. People have lost interest, and teams are dying as active players drop out.  A few more energy bars won't help get those players back. There is nothing to thank. You are being extremely naive; they give you some energy, but have you already forgot they removed the honor tournament? I would pick 5 donuts+ over some energy points any day. I am sure everyone else here would do the same.  

The honor tournament was far more fair for all players than the one we have now (league tournament). The same 30 players win 5-10 skillpoints each week, while the rest get nothing (I am one of the 10-20 players). In the honor tournament there were at least some players way below me in both skill-stats and level that would destroy me. 

It is sad to see you being thus naive, and praising a few energy points as a victory. Sad. Get a grip. Just sayin.....  ;)

#13 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

there is a way to create another server in English without hurting US3 ( and I still wish US3 was not "always default" but they keep alternating to US1 and 2 also )

they can make an "Australian server", is separate so it will not influence negatively in any way whatsoever US, UK and Asia servers,

they should force players in US3 (and perhaps US2) over to US1 by introducing penalty weeks for those servers. Remove at least the experience tournament, and some other cool features, on US3 and US2 every other week so that they have to join US1 in order to fully experience the game each week.  :)

#14 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

The only spooky feeling I get is the donut grabbing, lack of sales  ploy.

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#15 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

ansane

you know that US2 is worse than US1, don't you?

and players(and teams ) can't be transferred from a server to another server

and many players play not because of game itself, but because of enjoyment of having teammates

and many players play all 3 servers and they have same name in all 3 servers, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to move to another server even if allowed as it means 2 characters with same EXACT name

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#16 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

W

ansane

you know that US2 is worse than US1, don't you?

and players(and teams ) can't be transferred from a server to another server

and many players play not because of game itself, but because of enjoyment of having teammates

and many players play all 3 servers and they have same name in all 3 servers, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to move to another server even if allowed as it means 2 characters with same EXACT name

WRONG. VERY wrong.   I never asked to transfer players. They should be FORCED to make a new account if they want to expirence all features of the game. 

#17 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

somewhere in the world

Look, they gave us handicaps in US3 and tell us that if we want play without those handicaps, we have to open accounts on US1 or US2 and play there

you know what?

I am going to play another game by another company instead

#18 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

somewhere in the world

WRONG. They would play with us at US1. 

#19 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Team:Suicidal Tendencies
  • Character:Dwerp

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

Actually Centella is right. I play on US3 and if I had to sacrifice all the time I have already invested on that server to start over.. I would just quit and find another game.

You can't put one server as better than another. How about plans to fix content and the issues already prevalent across all the servers and then everyone would be better off?

When I make suggestions I try to take the "me" aspect out of it. What would work on a mass scale... what would everyone benefit from? These are the types of suggestions that will get real consideration. Sacrificing the masses for the good of some has never worked and will never work... Unless you are single handedly floating the economy of the entire game.. good luck with getting response to that.

Let's suggest ways to fix the foundation of the structure not just our own personal space.. because if the foundation crumble, your personal space goes with it.

• PhoenixGold, centella and Neovespertina like this

oldaup9f23a.png

#20 Mons

Mons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Ansane.......... trying to "force" me to make another toon on US1 so that I may have that experience doesn't work for me.  I play through the Steam platform and it allows me ONE toon.  Making another toon would force me to unbind my current toon, play that one through the website, then make another one; either through Steam or the website.  And I am quite happy with my account the way it is.  No one will force me to unbind, though I do understand your underlying logic.  Using your logice though, and centella's posts regarding US2, we should also be forced to make a toon on US2 to experience their playing environment.

Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users