• Character:Oleg1

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

So

The question I have is:

Is it better to kick them out and thus, maybe, get and edge against other teams

or

Keep them in order to have some extra strength than none at all

?

PS: haven't actually figured out this part of the game mechanics yet ;)

Regards, Oleg

Edited by chumak, 22 October 2017 - 11:58 PM.

#2 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • World:US2
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

If they are strong players then it would be wise to keep them. If they are going to come back they can stay and get all the rewards from the herocon. If you feel like you can find more members go ahead and kick them. Dont kick them all out at once as that wont help your team.

Hopefully that was helpful thanks for listening

• chumak and Neovespertina like this

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#3 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Centella

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:42 AM

you have to balance "team strength" ( specially in defense, even if inactives will be with half stamina )

vs

Getting room for new members even if they will for a while weaker than ones they replacing

vs

are those inactives worth team spending melons on getting stunt doubles? instead of using those melons on other things?

those are the 3 main factors to consider

• FaithfulAizen, chumak and Neovespertina like this

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#4 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

My philosophy has been to find a new player before replacing an inactive.   Why kick the player and have an empty spot?

• Neovespertina likes this

#5 BetaTester

BetaTester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Team:Swarm
  • Character:BetaTester

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

Unless you have someone that wants to join your team and he/she's similar to the member you want to kick, hold off.  However, you should make a note or a reminder that if a member hasn't told your leader or advisor you'll be gone in a certain amount of time, then he or she will have a high chance to get kicked out of the team.

Personally, it's up to you and/or your team.

• FaithfulAizen and Neovespertina like this
Played Hero Zero on 2012 in UK1. Was on Team America in UK1. Now, I'm back to play some more Hero Zero! I'm experienced to how this game works.P.S. Where's Rafael? He was the old mod in UK.P.P.S. If Diana1 still plays Hero Zero, tell her I'm s23 (Darth s23) ^_^P.P.P.S. I'll try to be better than I was in the UK forum. lol. Just looking back at it. I missed the good old times :DP.P.P.P.S. I have no life when it comes to the HZ forum and HZ on weekdays. Yes. Weekdays. Not weekends.P.P.P.P.P.S. Maybe I should stop my signature after here.<p>P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Maybe not.

Official: I broke my leg.

#6 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Team:Donut Muchies

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

Thank you all! (balloon)

The reason I asked was that in some games it is preferred to get rid of inactive players, thus getting more benefits if fight is won.

Just wanted to make sure this was not the case in this game.

[Since some teams DO kick inactive players after 3 days of unannounced absence]

#7 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:47 AM

yep, I think is unfair in some teams as an example

they have 15 members over 300, 8 over 200, 5 over 150 and 2 over 100

member A is level 240 and is inactive for over 5 weeks and no skill booster and stats are 3000/3100/3200/3200

member B is level 125, has 50% booster but been absence 2 days because his internet modem got damaged and waiting for new modem and was not able to say so and stats are 2300/2100/2400/2450

player C applies is level 195 and is 50% booster and stats are 2500/2600/2700/3000 and the team leader decides to kick member B and not member A

and there are some teams who will kick member B EVEN when member B is ONLINE! just because he or she has "lowest stats"

• chumak likes this

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#8 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

and there are some teams who will kick member B EVEN when member B is ONLINE! just because he or she has "lowest stats"

wow, that is very rude. I would never join such a team.  (angry)

• centella likes this

#9 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, I heard such story few months ago... Pisses people off.

#10 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Team:Suicidal Tendencies
  • Character:Dwerp

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Our team has a 14 day rule. I figure if you aren't on in 14 days (without prior notice given) you are most likely not coming back. So far this rule has held pretty well and keeps a very active group of people. Excluding a couple of members that have school/uni we have every member logged in and playing daily.

I really do believe in kicking inactive members though (but never kicking active members for someone more powerful, that's ridiculous). Herocons are not won or points give on inactive participants. So, even though we might lose a little of our fighting prowess by kicking an inactive, its not fair for the other members to bust their hump to do good in herocon with inactive members just sitting there wasting space. 

Like others have said though... its really up to your team. My suggestion is: Make a team rule, stick by it no matter what. Don't be wishy washy or let personal feelings effect your decisions. If you say "14 days" don't wait 20 just because the person is higher level or what not. 14 days is 14 days. Your team will likely appreciate your directness more and understand if you have to kick them. 

• spunone and LevelHunter like this

oldaup9f23a.png

#11 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

the ones who are harder, are the "technically I held my bargain"

ones who get on your team, do missions and things for a while, maybe even 2 days than they absent for 10 days than get back online, play if lucky 2 days, than repeat the 10 days absence

they also take space, they force teams to use stunts

if someone has to go inactive for x reasons ( studying, hours at work, etc ), I prefer if they do the 5 minutes burst twice a day (  get the things from hideout, make sure to report to fights, make sure boosters do not need extensions and than go to sleep, when you wake up, get things from hideout, make sure there are no new team fights, than go to real life work or school )

#12 crytik

crytik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Just find another Player before game

Critical Ops hack - Get Unlimited Credits!

#13 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

(but never kicking active members for someone more powerful, that's ridiculous)

why is it ridiculous? Sounds fair. Everyone wants to have strong team, not wishy-washy :)

#14 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

(but never kicking active members for someone more powerful, that's ridiculous)

why is it ridiculous? Sounds fair. Everyone wants to have strong team, not wishy-washy :)

So you would kick people out of your club that are active and contributing for someone that may get in and go idle just because they are a higher level? 

Honestly, it is your club and your choice, but that makes very little sense to me. If my my members are active I don't care if they are level 25 or 125. Why? Because they are contributing. To me that is a lot more effective than having a 325 sitting there doing nothing. 

• centella likes this

oldaup9f23a.png

#15 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:40 AM

1. Is your team full? No? So how would you know what to do?

2. How would you know whether new player is going to be idle? You just signed the verdict to someone who never was in your team before. Now that is ridiculous!

3. If you have lvl 250 3K/3K/3K/3K. Wouldn't you want to try lvl 240 5K/4K/4K/5K instead?

Contributing my ....! :)

#16 spunone

spunone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationmy hideout
  • Team:dysfunctional family
  • Character:spunone

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

1. Is your team full? No? So how would you know what to do?

2. How would you know whether new player is going to be idle? You just signed the verdict to someone who never was in your team before. Now that is ridiculous!

3. If you have lvl 250 3K/3K/3K/3K. Wouldn't you want to try lvl 240 5K/4K/4K/5K instead?

Contributing my ....! :)

so this would mean loyalty has no place on your team. just saying. i know i want my members on my team to remain loyal to the team. so i feel i should be loyal to the members i have instead of the members i might can have. but to each his own.

• BetaTester and Dwerp like this

(donut)  (donut)  Spunone  (donut)  (donut) 

(lol) 

#17 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

each team has a "minimum level" or a "minimum stats". you should strive to be consistent on that

ones I feel one should take out as soon as you got someone wanting in even if it is slightly below him or her ( if 2 or more of the list correspond, is added weight to consider taking member out )

1.  over 3 weeks absent ( 1 to 3 weeks is under discretion of leader )

2. They do not have any skill boosters

3. They undressed

4. a regular pattern of get back for a lil while ( 1 or if lucky 2 days ) than be inactive for 10 days or longer before starting pattern again so he or she is basically not a team player

and major reasons to take out ASAP

1. Not respecting any other member of the team

2. used derogative terms based on their race/religion/political party/other against anyone ( even members of the competition ), you can judge their actions but not what group they belong ( except maybe being a nazi ;) just by that they put themselves as a person without respect toward others )

3. finding as a fact that they are spies for another team ( but I will not go by mere assumption ).

#18 chumak

chumak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Loyalty, eh?

Hmm.

So there is a team, called ... There are 3 players that only sign up for daily fights. Over the year these 3 heroes moved up maybe 5 levels and few skill points.

But they sign up every day.

I bet this why so many of you play in the top 10 teams. Loyalty!

#19 Dwerp

Dwerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Loyalty, eh?

Hmm.

So there is a team, called ... There are 3 players that only sign up for daily fights. Over the year these 3 heroes moved up maybe 5 levels and few skill points.

But they sign up every day.

I bet this why so many of you play in the top 10 teams. Loyalty!

Honestly, loyalty of a team is huge to me so much more than being a top 10 team. Ever. I don't step on people in real life to get where I am, so why would I here? 

Yes I know it is a game, but if you have good people that help and do their best on a continual basis, why should they be even considered to be kicked out because a higher level wants their spot?

Put yourself in the shoes of the person you are kicking: I log in each day, I donate coins to the club, I participate in chat. I get along with everyone. I sign up for attacks/gang fights/and participate in herocons. Oh wait I got kicked because a level XXX wanted my spot. 

***note*** Anyone that gets kicked out of their club because of a higher level taking their spot is welcome in mine. 

oldaup9f23a.png

#20 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

all depends, and that is why it works better when there is a group of 2 or more teams where there is a difference of goals and levels

team A geared toward being top 10

Team B geared toward assisting team A, and progressing its members so when an opening shows up they ready to step into Team B. or 2 people from each team are willing to switch places when someone from team A is going on vacation thus makes sense for someone to take over and report each day plus get a chance to get stronger with better trophies

and maybe a team C where new people are shown the ropes and get ready to fill a hole in team B if they want to be very active or stay there to shore up the team but do not want to have the hassle of climbing to the top and maintain it, they just want to make friends in chat and pass the time.

does not make sense to have a team on top 5 at US1 or US3  to have someone who is level 50 even if they known to "report to fights everyday" but do not have time to complete missions or training and have been players for over 6 months

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users