Photo

Is the new version ruining a once great game?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joan

Joan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • World:US3

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:35 AM

So there has been a massive reduction in available donuts to gather each week. This has been combined with tailoring the game to increase a players weekly donut usage by at least double. And when combined with the fact that the superhero league gives an enormous benefit to the biggest 20 or 30 players whilst putting every other player at a massive disadvantage, I'm beginning to see an end to HZ being such a popular game. We loved this game... We spent time and money becoming a part of it. These changes serve only to line the pockets of the developers whilst making the game something that is now a chore with little or no reward rather than something you could develop and be a part of. Does anyone else feel like they are just gonna give up playing? I know it's a serious consideration for myself and many others right now....
  • centella likes this

#2 Silverwing

Silverwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • World:US1
  • Character:Icey

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:35 AM

One word......   YES!

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

~~Mark Twain~~

I was only born blonde in looks, not in intelligence level, so don't treat me like I am stupid....  don't be a moron!

#3 goofoff1

goofoff1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Team:Swarm
  • Character:whoever

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:00 AM

YES!

Between not being able to win in league fights (because they changed a system that was working perfectly fine) I think the changes were done both to make people spend donuts on refreshes and to keep people from being able to get to the superhero league. Before I could average winning about 10-12 of my 20 daily league fights now I have given up I do my one daily refresh and then if I cant beat anyone I am done with league for the day. 

Chances to earn free donuts are slim to none... other than then one here and there that you can get from burning your daily energy.

I dont do duels anymore because there is really no reason to do so since honor means nothing.

The hideout once a great addition is now pretty worthless.. Workshop takes 12 hours no matter what level item your building..generators dont work on workshop.. they did at least fix the bots after they screwed them up by taking out the generators thanks to them dropping the time to make them. Adding holes in your hideout even with 90% time reduction takes forever.. 

I only log in now to participate in herocon, do my daily trainings, and burn my daily energy.. and to chat with teammates 

• BetaTester likes this

#4 BetaTester

BetaTester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Character:BetaTester

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

I really like the older versions of the make.  I'm talking about the times where there weren't any sidekicks, hideouts, and league fights, and anything that wasn't in 2011-2012.  It's cool to have these new features, but it's not really interesting.  I know HZ is trying to get more money, but I wish there was a more better, alternative way than just removing ways to earn donuts and making the game worse.  

There are some things I would like to point out.

1. The only reason why I participate to league is just for the extra skill points and the coins.  That's it.

2.  After all these years, why hasn't the villain reward changed?  Yes, there are new villains in new zones, but come on!  I don't want to just earn an item, some experience and coins, or the top players will get the top items.  At least reward some donuts for attacking a certain amount of times.

3. Did HZ staff forget that there are still some trophies that are based on honor after removing the honor tournaments?  I know that the honor system can be exploitable, but there are still some honor trophies that are useless.

4. HeroCon is the biggest reason why everyone is still playing.  This con, I have at least 3,600 points!

5. Donuts are harder to earn and more tempting to buy.

I wish HZ went back to their early versions.

Played Hero Zero on 2012 in UK1. Was on Team America in UK1. Now, I'm back to play some more Hero Zero! I'm experienced to how this game works.P.S. Where's Rafael? He was the old mod in UK.P.P.S. If Diana1 still plays Hero Zero, tell her I'm s23 (Darth s23) ^_^P.P.P.S. I'll try to be better than I was in the UK forum. lol. Just looking back at it. I missed the good old times :DP.P.P.P.S. I have no life when it comes to the HZ forum and HZ on weekdays. Yes. Weekdays. Not weekends.P.P.P.P.P.S. Maybe I should stop my signature after here.<p>P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Maybe not.

Official: I broke my leg.

#5 goofoff1

goofoff1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Character:whoever

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:03 AM

The hideout isnt a bad thing and pets are not bad but the more resent changes have been terrible 

• FaithfulAizen and centella like this

#6 Streitberg

Streitberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Team:Flaming Lama
  • Character:streitberg

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

Without the tourney, the duels are just a waste of time. I really loved the effort it took to get to the top, the trade-offs and deals you had to do with your team-mates and other players. And always the problem to be undressed when you were losing but had to be dressed for the team-fights. Too bad you took that away.

The changes to the League are ridiculous. I'm not quite certain, how the changes caused this outcome, but right now I'll win every fight in Champion III and lose every fight in Champion. Call me the Hero-YoYo: Going up to II, not attacking anymore (because I'll lose anyway), getting beat up until I'm relegated and attacking again.

The game has lost a lot of fun and appeal!

• centella likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users