Photo

Work Robot (Speed Improvement Room) not calculating %s correctly?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonsi

Dragonsi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Team:Loophole Strategy
  • World:US1
  • Character:Dragonsi

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

I started playing this game on Steam just after Valentine's Day. I had never heard of it before, and was randomly looking for a free "clicker" type of game. I love the base building part the best. I spend my coins on that, not upping my hero stats. I am also an "achievement junkie" in any game. This past week I wanted to earn the "5 Million Spent a Day achievement". I had started with basically zero coins and saved up for most of the week, using all 4 Energy Refills every day and making $1 Million a day. I waited until I had a day off of work so I could play the entire day on my PC, and $6 Million saved up (I did not the next one was $7.5 Million, or I would have saved 1 more day for that as well.) I chose the Work Robot Speed Construction Up Room. I was at Level 8, 40% speed up. The next upgrade would be 1,181,000 coins. My Main Base "coin room" is at Level 14, and was almost ready to move to Level 15, once I capped my Glue/Zeronite resources.

I'm very OCD and checked the building time. It was at 2 days, 19 hours. In one day, I upgraded the speed Work Robot Room from 40% > 45% (then the time went down to only 2 days, 3 hours.) >50% (the building time DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL AND I WAS CONFUSED) to 54% in a day. And again, the building time DID NOT REDUCE past 2 days 3 hours after going from 45 % to 50 then 54%? Is there a cap on MAX time reduction????? There's shouldn't be, what's the point of the speed room if it stopped at 45%. Is there a calculation error? I've had Calculus my Senior Year, but this is basic math. If I lost 16 hours with a 5% Speed Increase, I should easily be down to under a day building time with another 9% increase.

This happened Thursday, but I needed sleep and a long day at work and had to wait until today to post this. Now I am ready to upgrade my coin room, I'm basically capped on my glue/rocks, doing small upgrades to other rooms, while I post this error in confusion.

Main Base Coin Room = Level 14 currently. Time for Upgrade to 15: 2 Days, 3 Hours, 43 Minutes.
Work Robot Speed Room = Level 11 (54%) currently.

I could easily do the math to make sure it is correct, but I don't know the "base construction times", assuming someone NEVER built the Speed Room and there is 0% time improvement at all.
  • Lacatus likes this

#2 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Please avoid using this color in the future.
  • Jiohny likes this
Posted Image

#3 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

The work robot improvement room improves time for future projects. So if you already have a room that takes 2 days and start work on it, it will only benefit from the worker bot's lvl at the time construction 1st started. If your project is taking 2 days and was already started, new lvls on your worker bot will not improve projects already under construction.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#4 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Its just as worse as tiny writing >_<

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#5 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

Also save over 100 million and do all the deeds at once, costs lots less than each one
  • Lacatus likes this

#6 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:29 AM

that was easy somewhat before the hideout, now they are forced to gain 3 steps, go back 1, gain 3, lose 1................ as they have to spend MILLIONS as they upgrade and open holes,, so unless you decide to do just base and generator for it and the glue maker and mine JUST so you can give supplies needed for updates of generator with patience, You will be forced to spend one day 2 million coins, a few day later you have to do 5 millions, and so on progressively

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#7 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

Cent true until they dig for 20 days then during that time boom 100 million. The hideout vs work is big advantage to the hideout. Earning money at any level is a lot easier now. You don't have to always be upgrading in the hideout. Just a few basics then only collect. No need to push it everytime you have the materials.

#8 Mons

Mons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNorth of Nowhere
  • Team:Flaming Llama
  • World:US3
  • Character:Mons

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

I RARELY speak out on subjects like this.  The player, dragonsi, has been playing this game hardly six weeks, and chose a server that really needs players, from what I read here.  And is playing on a platform, as I do, where there are hundreds of free to play games available.

And the best some of us can do is criticize his print color ?  We are better than that.  Thanks to King, centella, and leapinglizard for at least trying to answer the new players question.

I hope the player didn't bolt from this game.  I might have. :( 

• Lacatus and Dragonsi like this

Always do right.  This will gratify some
people and astonish the rest.
                                         Mark Twain

#9 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

for a level 250 and up, they will eventually get it to close to 1 million per day on the base output if they level out base and its generator

not so easy for lower levels, and before hideout, a level 180 had the potential to get that 100  million shop spree ( usually in 4 or 5 months after getting serious about going for it)

now that 4 or 5 months might be potentially  6 or 7 months instead

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#10 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the rooms will cost that 100 mill by the time they hit lvl 20.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#11 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

I RARELY speak out on subjects like this.  The player, dragonsi, has been playing this game hardly six weeks, and chose a server that really needs players, from what I read here.  And is playing on a platform, as I do, where there are hundreds of free to play games available.

And the best some of us can do is criticize his print color ?  We are better than that.  Thanks to King, centella, and leapinglizard for at least trying to answer the new players question.

I hope the player didn't bolt from this game.  I might have. :(

Sorry mons I shouldnt have made my comment about the writing

Aizen is the best

#12 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Level 10 hideout and generator is over 500k per 8 hours so 1.5 million per day without any missions, special missions, duels, league, villains , fights or selling items.

At level 175 or so when I went for the 100 million it took me about 8 weeks now it would be faster. Then we couldn't multitask or do anything while working.

#13 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

the putout of hideout is all dependent of person's level and work booster too

US1, level 338, base 16, generator 13 and 25% booster = 441K per 8 hours

us3 level 298, base 16, generator 13 and booster 25% = 339K per 8 hours

Us2 level 169, base 16, generator 10( coin wise, updating is expensive, right now would take over 75% of what I have) and booster 25% = 128K every 8 hours

and as you can see, getting generator update for my us2 character takes out a HUGE CHUNK of the coins

and in missions, unless you buy donuts and spend 2 donuts per refill of energy instead of using coins................  it won't be so fast what you get from there

Edited by centella, 02 April 2017 - 10:20 PM.

• FaithfulAizen likes this

#14 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

Right gotta use donuts some. The 50 percent work booster is needed. On the refills using coins on the first two is okay the last two use donuts. If you want to achieve it faster. I understand the difference in levels but it's still more efficient to be able to collect 24 hours while doing other things then to pick work. The rest of the upgrades are not needed heck I'm level 397 my hideout is only a 13. My highest generator 12. (Although I'm 58 percent upgraded and 9th in glory) You can't just upgrade because you have the stuff it takes planning.

Edited by leapinglizard, 03 April 2017 - 12:27 AM.

#15 YouWontRemember

YouWontRemember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Character:Computer

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the rooms will cost that 100 mill by the time they hit lvl 20.

Only one I can think of that may have a seriously high cost is the defense post.  Most of the rooms that I have at 17 and 18 are still below 20 million. Granted, it now takes days to upgrade, but that gives me time to make money and recuperate the materials used to upgrade.

1 million+ Zeromite needed for an upgrade isn't that bad, is it?

#16 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

not everyone can buy donuts

Aizen is the best

#17 Dragonsi

Dragonsi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Team:Loophole Strategy
  • Character:Dragonsi

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:41 AM

Hello everyone thank you for replying. Sorry some people were pissed about the font color, if it wouldn't GIVE you the option, I would not have used it. Is this better?

This seemed to get off topic, but I don't mind. Let me start by saying to King of Thieves comment: Let me start this over.

I had 6 million saved up, I just wanted to up my Speed Room since that affects all others directly. I NEVER started my coin/main base room. I just used that as an example to verify it was reducing the construction time correctly, it was not. I only opened the Upgrade Coin Base button, took note of the 2 days, 19 hours, xx minutes, and wanted to make sure that was going down each Speed upgrade, then I closed the window without starting the coin base upgrade. If you think about it, the only way to upgrade the Speed Room and have the coin base room started, is buy paying $4.99 for a 2nd Construction bot via the button top middle of the screen, and I assure you, I didn't do that. I have spent $10 on the game because I like to support Independent game companies here and there when I enjoy their games.  I Upgraded the Speed Work Robot Room 3 times, and each time in between I simply opened the Coin Base Upgrade button and looked at the info. The first time it went down correctly to 2 Days, 3 hours, 43 minutes, roughly reducing the time by 16 hours. Then the last 2 Speed upgrades DID NOT change the Coin Base construction time info at all, and that is the reason I am posting this.  Eventually I did start the Coin Base construction at the 2 day, 3 hour mark because even if they look into this, it may take days/weeks to fix the problem, so I might as well continue building like normal. I'm still at 1 Day, 6 Hours left now. I could have easily just submitted a bug report privately, but I wanted others to be aware of this, perhaps others knew already, perhaps no one noticed at all and are now glad someone brought it to their attention?

LeapingLizard: Even if I would save 100 Million at 1 Million per day, which would take approximately 100 days, perhaps less if it speeds up after a month or so, my room levels are still too low to actually SPEND the 100 Million within a 24 hour period WITHOUT spending Donuts to instantly finish rooms. My Speed Room is now Level 11, the construction time was roughly 5 hours from 10>11. So I need to get my room levels above 15? 17? if 20 is the cap, and say, have 2 rooms cost 50 Million each, but the construction speed must be under 23 hours, 58 minutes for 1 of them, since I am awake at the "3am new day reset" every night. Also, I just missed out on this "Work Experience" by a couple of weeks, I might have enjoyed playing the "Work" scenario, but I don't know anything about it. I also do have the 50% Work Booster with Donuts, and I have a Level 14 (almost 15 in 1 day) Main Coin Base Room, and a Level 8 generator next to it and I am making 102,000 coins per 8 hours because I was only level 142 yesterday, now 148. I was already very close to MAX Glue/Zeronite while upgrading my Speed Room and losing 3-4,000 Zeronite per attack I lose, so of course I might as well upgrade that immediately.

And lastly, thank you Mons for sticking up for me, lol. I got a good laugh out of constructive criticism and appreciate it.

So once again, just to stay on track of this, I DID check the future construction speed of my main coin base room before starting it, while upgrading my Speed Room 3 times in a row, and the last 2 times I upgraded, 45 to 50 to 54% it did not reduce the 2 days, 3 hours 43 minutes at all. And of course, with only 1 construction bot, I was not currently building my coin base room as well as my Speed Room at the same time.

• Lacatus likes this

#18 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

You can spend 100 million easy, buy skill points. I don't know what you meant by adding the bit about the rooms in the hideout.
  • King of Thieves likes this

#19 Lacatus

Lacatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Fausta

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:02 AM

@dragonsi u make me smile :)
All your points of view are correct even those off topic.
Some ppl just want to show how good they r in what they do with any occasion instead of giving a good advise or some information to help a new player.
About calculation of speed room, my lvl is 14 and seems to work ok. To be frankly I checked only at start of hideout feature. You should make private report about that bug since this forum is not directly connected with developers.
  • leapinglizard and Dragonsi like this

#20 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

@dragonsi u make me smile :)
All your points of view are correct even those off topic.
Some ppl just want to show how good they r in what they do with any occasion instead of giving a good advise or some information to help a new player.
About calculation of speed room, my lvl is 14 and seems to work ok. To be frankly I checked only at start of hideout feature. You should make private report about that bug since this forum is not directly connected with developers.

No need to involve anyone else. You and I...... We know what this is about. So let's put things in perspective. Your reputation..... a whopping 13...............almost, if not all, by your teammates. Mine.... Well, it is the best on the US servers....... So it's pretty obvious by that alone who is here trying to help others and who is here just helping their self. 'Nuff said.

Edited by King of Thieves, 06 April 2017 - 10:23 AM.

I'm bringing sexy back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users