Bertcuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Team:Nerds Inc.
  • World:US1
  • Character:Cuthbert

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Why does the level of the mini-bosses in "Special Missions" change? Just when I get to a level where I can beat, for example, #2 on "What Is The Plan?" I click and find it's now six levels higher than the last time I checked. What's going on?

In short, how are these boss levels calculated and why do they increase before even being played?

#2 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

if you fought it and lost, it would stay as it was at that time even if you comeback to it 2 years later and you 75 levels higher but if you lose that one, it will rise according to your current level ( 75 levels higher at least )

if you only "observed" but never fought it, and come back when your level has changed, it might be that "in that case" the level of boss changes???

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#3 Bertcuth

Bertcuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Team:Nerds Inc.
  • Character:Cuthbert

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

Hmm. Not exactly clear yet for me.

Specific example:

In Special Mission 3 ("What is the Plan?"), I beat #1 at level 115 or so, and when I clicked on #2, it said it was level 117.  Fine, I'll wait a couple of days and try again when I'm level 117. But when I reach level 117, I click on #2 again and it says it's now level 123.

This has happened for sure for a few other special missions, and I think it's happened several other times as well.

#4 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

No one's taught you the special missions trick yet? PM me and I'll tell you how it's done. I've done all special missions in a day before w/o donuts.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#5 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

as I said, only if you fought it it will lock up for future encounters ( I think? )

Plus one should be able to beat foes that are 5 levels higher regularly, and able to beat ones who are 15 even 20 higher once of each 6 or 7 times many times

and that is even without the trick lots of people know, that makes it EVEN EASIER

Edited by centella, 12 March 2017 - 08:38 PM.

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#6 zong

zong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Team:italianhero
  • World:US3
  • Character:zong

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

as I said, only if you fought it it will lock up for future encounters ( I think? )

Actually, I have found that since the last patch special mission bosses will increase level AFTER losing a fight. Ex: I am level 161 attacking a lvl 163 boss. Fight lost and after that the boss is level 177.

It's consistent across all special missions and only the level jump appears random, sometimes it will increase a couple of levels and other times it may go as much as 15 levels higher.

#7 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

if you look at my previous post where I am agreeing with you....................... I was answering the previous guy in my second post specifically, I did not say that it happens when you actually fight it and lose and comeback to it right away, talking when you lose, and comeback weeks later when YOU are a higher level

taking aside the "first time you do it, and the second round of a special mission of that type ever" ( corresponds to level of when you first allowed to find the "hint" that opens it )

let's say 5 weeks ago you were level 100 and you Looked ( just looked) the spec. Mission foe for first time  and it was level 112 BUT DID NOT FIGHT it, and come back today as a level 150 and today is level 160

contrast with another guy who 5 weeks ago was level 100 and saw a foe level 111 and FOUGHT IT! but lost, you did not comeback to it until today when you level 152 and when you look at it, IT IS STILL level 111!!! ( if you lose, and try it again, it will be level 162 this time, but not before you lose to it for the second time 5 weeks after the first time )

Edited by centella, 31 March 2017 - 12:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formula, special mission, boss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users