Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

why did some who got 5 points finish with rewards but others did not win anything?  

• Lacatus and FaithfulAizen like this

#2 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

I'm curious as well...its kinda unfair to others who took part with the 5 points

• Lacatus likes this

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#3 LevelHunter

LevelHunter

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • World:US1

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:59 PM

Indeed - it's really weird. I'll clear that as soon as possible.

Sorry!

Yours,
LH
  • FaithfulAizen likes this
Posted Image

#4 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • Character:Centella

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:26 AM

my guess is Cullina decided to have as "tiebreaker" who did the "first correct entry" that gave them their final points if people are tied

thus why Faith was made 2nd by herself but LH put Faith as tied for 2nd ( her entry that took her to 20 points was before one who Lucci entered that made her have 20 points also? )

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#5 Lacatus

Lacatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Fausta

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:42 AM

Why the "heart" that I found it would have less value than others' "hearts"? I don't see this rule posted anywhere. Fair it will be to give to all that reward..after all is not about 5sp (Huuuuge reward..right?), but the idea of giving someone intentionally advantage sounds bad. 

#6 cullina

cullina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Hello,

The problem will be solved as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

@Lacatus, in case of a tie, we internally decide the ranking. In this situation, it is not about who has more valuable points than the others. We do the ranking according to our algorithm. 

Kind regards,

#7 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hello,

The problem will be solved as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

@Lacatus, in case of a tie, we internally decide the ranking. In this situation, it is not about who has more valuable points than the others. We do the ranking according to our algorithm. 

Kind regards,

super shady,  so you decide internally meaning friends get better treatment? everyone should win if there's a tie or a contest just from the qualifiers.  in my opinion.  

#8 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

LL, I think the most logical would be either lowest level character or the first one to get "that many points" they ended up with

but because of what Cullina said, I guess it is a combination of different factors?  because for me there is no sense of "not revealing how they break ties" unless they think that "if we know" we would try to fulfill the parameter they use?

• leapinglizard likes this

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#9 nida

nida

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • World:US3

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

fumahanzo and antoniella got the first correct entry than others 5 points winner...first come first serve rule..plus there were only 10 prizes..should not be a problem here in my opinion (smoke)

• King of Thieves likes this

#10 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

I agree, the only "minor thing" iMO  is that Lucci and Faith should be tied for 2nd, is only "a little extra" ( 5 skill points)  and if they added all the 5 points winners it would be 25 extra which in this case it is much more than the 5 skill points for giving a tie for 2nd

in most sports they do ties for the first 3 spots

at one time in world gymnastics we had a gold, a silver, and 3 or 4 girls tied for 3rd and all of them got bronze ( they had to give out extra bronze medals )

• leapinglizard and FaithfulAizen like this

#11 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

No big issue other than the tie breaker should be announced at the beginning.  we have two different ones announced here. 1 a hidden algorithm,  Then we are told first come. no one knew the rules or still does that's really bad in my opinion. 

It makes sense though if you consider everything else in this game,  you would think they would value their customers or the active forum people but.....

• Lacatus and FaithfulAizen like this

#12 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:00 PM

Why not just give all who had 5 points the prize? A little goodwill towards the community goes a long way. Something that is seriously lacking in the PR team here. Maybe it's a language thing but there is a very stern disregard of our concerns that is not new. Giving everyone the small prize would not have cost anything and would have made the community happy. 

For example when the new format with the hide out was first out I could not login on my phone so I sent a request to support. I later got a reply that they received my request. I was at work and thought -oh good cool. I later received the same email from three other support persons. Then I got an email reprimanding me for sending so many requests and they closed my case. I only sent one request. Needless to say I was more than annoyed. I later found out on my own that the reason I could not log-in was because my area was set as US3 instead of US2 but I did not know that because the symbol was too small to see. 

Edited by Jagan, 19 February 2017 - 11:00 PM.

• Lacatus, leapinglizard, FaithfulAizen and 1 other like this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#13 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:14 AM

If it'll make the others happy, you can give my 5 points to them. It's not all that important. Thanks for the contest though. It was fun.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#14 Lacatus

Lacatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Character:Fausta

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:57 AM

Is not about 5sp here. Do not pretend you do not understand what it's about...and this poisoned apple ..keep it.
  • leapinglizard likes this

#15 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

I guess some people won't ever be happy. So, anyway, you can give my 5 points to someone other than sourpuss. As far as not understanding what this is about goes, your teammate made the accusation that this was about the mods picking friends over you. The funny thing here is despite your insinuation, none of the current mods are friends with any of us. And for the record, you have two former mods on your team. So if you guys won something, would that be the reason?

I'm bringing sexy back!

#16 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

guys

there is no need to make a mountain out of a molehill or start drama

I gave the smart educated guess of how they decided ( and looks like I was correct ) and reason I felt they should put Lucci and Faith as tied, but I also made point of why they should use tiebreakers in the 9th and 10th placement ( 6th to 8th with 10 points is irrelevant as all 3 got same prize )

note also that I also do not have problem with the tiebreaker for 4th place ( as we got 2 people with 15 points ) as 4th place got 10 SPs while 5th got same amount as those 6th to 10th

• FaithfulAizen likes this

#17 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

I was just trying to be generous. For that, I got attacked by a conspiracy theorist. Like I said, some folks can never be happy.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#18 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

I am the type of person, that even if someone says all the major curses in the world and that person added any that had not been invented until that person said them......................................

I will not give them weight, we would be happier that way ;)

I only take a defensive position to any actual direct and physical action. Never to opinions which are different than mine. And never add more powder to any potential explosive situation. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, does not matter IF YOU FEEL it is correct or wrong. And everyone has to respect whatever rule between the law the owner of a house has for their house. And expect them to have same courtesy for what you put as rules between the law in your house.

we have to respect whatever LL and cullina end up deciding. ( or already decided ) as this contest is essentially under their jurisdiction.

• King of Thieves and FaithfulAizen like this

#19 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

I dont think anyone was attacked everyone was stating an opinion/debating

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#20 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:55 AM

I dont think anyone was attacked everyone was stating an opinion/debating

Is not about 5sp here. Do not pretend you do not understand what it's about...and this poisoned apple ..keep it.

super shady,  so you decide internally meaning friends get better treatment? everyone should win if there's a tie or a contest just from the qualifiers.  in my opinion.  

Um.... ok, Faith..... Telling me I'm giving poisoned apples and accusing the mods of playing favorites towards their assumed friends is definitely an attack, in my "opinion".

I'm bringing sexy back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users