King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

I remember seeing a story on the news once. There were these two kids at the zoo and one of them had a slingshot he snuck in. He and his friend thought it was funny to try and torture a tiger by shooting steel shot at it, thinking that they were safe from any retaliation because of the boundaries that kept the tiger confined in its display area. The tiger was simply enjoying lounging his day away in the sun and not bothering anyone. But those two kids kept torturing it, relishing in their ability to dominate the powerful creature in the enclosure below. They probably laughed as the tiger became more and more enraged with what they were putting him through. They didn't expect the tiger would become so enraged that it would leap what was thought to be an impossible distance to cover the large deep pit and the high wall that separated it from the zoo patrons. But it did. Then it mauled and killed the kid that had been shooting him with the slingshot. Afterwards, the tiger simply laid down and and didn't bother anyone else. Still, everyone was horrified at the tiger. Everyone tried to blame the tiger for protecting himself. Everyone tried to make the kid out to be the victim, when in fact it was the tiger and the kid was the tormentor. Had that kid left the tiger alone instead of trying to exercise his power over it, the kid wouldn't have died. Don't blame the tiger and don't be the kid, unless you are fully prepared and willing to get mauled.

See, people, as a species, tend to practice hypocrisy. I think it's in our genes. Not everyone, mind you, but a large enough portion that it is common enough place. We've all heard that the things you hate most in others are usually your own biggest faults. People try to remove the speck from another's eye while ignoring the log in there's. They shoot the tiger and cry foul when the tiger returns the torment 10 fold. It's ok for them to torment the tiger but not for the tiger to torment back. 

That's all I have to say about drama, or people running multiple toons and/or multiple teams, etc. Everything's fine till it gets turned on you by another. Then all of a sudden it's a big deal and some kind of foul. Meh.

Edited by King of Thieves, 18 January 2017 - 02:38 PM.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#22 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Centella

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

some people enjoy being the strong and pulverizing those much weaker

some people enjoy fighting those who are their equals and at end of the fight hug those they fought

some people just like to get the max out of what they allowed from what they put into it

some people use cheats to get ahead

some people just want to spent time in the game, and do not care who wins and loses

some people take things too seriously

some people do not care about others

some people respect themselves AND others

• FaithfulAizen likes this

--------------------------------------------------------

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#23 Wailani

Wailani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Interesting thread, some good points made.

I think when they changed the trophy deficits & increased the training trophy deficit to 15% & lowered the deficit of other trophies it rattled the trophy distribution a bit. It also gave players & teams incentive to conquer the game change & develop new strategies to hold onto those trophies.

Whenever changes to the game happen, people will eventually figure out the best way to take full advantage. The idea it to make the changes fun & exciting for players on all servers.

• FaithfulAizen likes this

#24 ErmaEmpath

ErmaEmpath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Hurricane
  • Character:ErmaEmpath

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

I love what PhoenixGold  said.  Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response.  I call  the way hero zero set up the game "merry-go-round".  You win a trophy , you lose a trophy , the training filters to the top teams. The top players are at the top because they take advantage of  all the hero zero systems to get stronger.  They do all rounds of energy everyday, They are online a  lot  and fight many villains for extra experience and coin.   Anyone in the top spots deserve respect.  It takes a lot of time to get there.

#25 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

One thing to consider about drama, is that it is only skin deep. For the newer players or the players not so concerned with communication or not in touch with the communication yet, there shouldn't be any. The drama is mainly at the top or when involved with any of the top 10 teams for the most part. And not always. Again I'm not going to try to brag. But at Gate 13 we try not to let that stuff bother us out get us down. It is your game. Play it how you want to play it. I get it though if you are on a team that is involved... Then it is what it is. But you do choose to be a part of it by making your responses and listening to the responses back.

I totally agree with you.  What happens is, the new players continue to grow and eventually are pulled into stronger teams.  The stronger teams tend to need new players now and again.  So eventually they could get involved with a team that feeds on drama. It's hard to figure out which teams are those in the beginning.  As far as the trophy system.  There really isn't anything to complain about there.  You want a trophy?  Make the necessary changes in order to get it.  It is as simple as that.  But here is the key to keeping people playing.  Happy teams.  A talkative happy team will have happy players.  Also a competitive team will draw competitive players.  Many people left us2 because of all the bickering.  Bickering is ZERO fun.

Poenix Gold you have always been one of those who didn't participate in the drama.  So kudos to you and Gate 13.  We need more teams like you guys.

Edited by LittleOne, 18 January 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#26 FaithfulAizen

FaithfulAizen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Team:Geek Force
  • Character:FaithfulAizen

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

Sorry for bringing up the drama -_- I just wanted to bring up the issue about the trophies but I seemed to have made it worse

Aizen is the best

(inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove) (inlove)

(smug) brb gotta do dishes (smug)

#27 PhoenixGold

PhoenixGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Team:Gate 13
  • Character:PhoenixGold

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Sorry for bringing up the drama -_- I just wanted to bring up the issue about the trophies but I seemed to have made it worse

No, you haven't made it worse.  Not at all.  It still is an issue.  But the problem isn't something that can just be fixed by the top teams giving up the trophies or stopping them from taking it.  They are the top teams for a reason.  They got there by gathering the top players.  Unfortunately that is the way the ball bounces.  I've lost a bunch of team mates over the years to many of the top 10 teams when we were a young team.  Just because they wanted a piece of the pie.  I am sure your climb to the top was similar.  Everyone has to start somewhere.  Where they end us, and how happy they are is what counts.  Again what I said before in my first post, is just that.  You make the game what you want.  You play it how you want. 

Then your satisfaction of the game is what you get out of it.  So I've come to grips a long time ago that I will NEVER catch the #1 spot.  But I will always STRIVE to be #1.  But as long as #1 is still playing ....how am I going to catch number 1?  probably never, if they continue to be as active as me....this is a never ending race game.  There's practically a no win situation for the lowest player to catch #1, unless #1 stops playing or lessens their playing time.  

So that's all I can hope for is #1 slows down their pace and I catch up.  Which is what me and my team have done.  We slowly grab the next spot.  One rung at a time.  One Trophy at a time!  I remember like it was yesterday getting our first trophy for the first time!  Boy was that great!

Then we lost it that very next day and took us perhaps another month or two to get another one again.  And lose it again the day after and more months in between to get another.  Till we became stronger.  It is the cycle of life...now we can hold five at any given time.

Perhaps not 5 training trophies....We've held perhaps 2 or 3 at one time.  But had targets on our backs with all the top 3-4 5 teams on us daily lol.

But that was good.  Fun times! :)

Edited by PhoenixGold, 20 January 2017 - 04:13 PM.

• King of Thieves and FaithfulAizen like this

#28 centella

centella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Team:Universal Savers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Centella

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

yes, as I said, the ONLY WAY top teams will stop seeing the trainers as "PRIORITY ONE" to have 4 or 5 of them is to cut the "reward" to only 3 or maybe 2 if we want to do it drastically and thus the handicap of 15% would make them "not so desirable" and very likely they would decide to have 2 or 3 at most at a time

one small problem currently is that potentially we could have THE top team with 5 trainers that has 23 members that are level 325 and up, they get a new member that is level 125 named JohnDoe while another level 125 named JackMorris goes to a team that has 1 train, 3 energy and 1 courage

let's say that JD only does the missions up to 2 extensions but does all the trainings each day and than rest of the hours of the day he "works"  ( which is ending soon BTW )  while JM does missions up to 4 extensions (and also 60 bonus energy because of the 3 trophies ) and all trains he can and diligently does the special missions and works the "smaller time frame" than JD

at end of 3 months?????

JD might be a level 175 with stats of a typical level 275-300 while JM would have climbed levels real quick to level 250 but with stats of a typical level 240-250

all these even though JM is the one who puts more effort and time into the game just because of the trophies of a team JD was able to join just because he is a friend of someone of the top team

A noble man aspires to be better today than yesterday, a mean man is never happy unless he is better than anyone else.

Bring back Honor Tournament with these changes http://forum.us.hero...nor-tournament/

#29 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Well, let's actually calculate this. A team with 5 trainers gets 25 trainings extra. Add the original 10. Now add the 7 team boosted training. Now, that comes out to 42 training. 

Let's say another team has 1 trainer. They get 20 less training per day for 22.

This correlates to an additional 10 sp for JD on just trophies and daily training alone.

But....... they also get training for heroic deeds and missions, including villain missions.......

So, provided that JD only does 2 extensions, and not much on the villain, JM can catch JD in training fairly easily by receiving more heroic deeds and getting 2 extensions worth of training rewards off missions. I regularly get 1 training for every 10-20 energy spent. On 100 extra energy, that amounts to 5-10 extra trainings each day, not counting villains or heroic deeds.

So this brings us to 27-32 vs 42 training.

Now lets add in the average of 3 training from villains. (I just got 7 w/o using any donuts.) Now we are at 30-35 vs 42, or 15-17 sp vs 21.

Now add in the daily quest rewards and other heroic deeds, and we've basically closed the gap. 

But here's the clincher. That's not all JM is getting. JM is also getting 2 sp per lvl as well as more coin from missions which also amounts to sp. He's likely getting more coin from fights as well. Furthermore, as he levels, his gear is improving, giving more sp. 

So basically, a hard working JM does actually have the ability to overtake a less hardworking JD. I've seen it happen. That's one of the ways and reasons we've seen teams go from 20th+ position to top 10.

Of course, this all depends on if JD doesn't do as much as JM. Sometimes that's the case. Sometimes it isn't. But the top teams didn't get there by being lazy. So you kind of just have to work just as hard until the top players give you that opportunity by becoming lazy or bored with the game, as PhoenixGold said. This happens though. An easy determiner is simply look at who has what toon boosters. 

Edited by King of Thieves, 21 January 2017 - 01:44 AM.

I'm bringing sexy back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users