• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SteveJohn

SteveJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

I think a good idea would be that as your strength and vitality increase then the more muscular your superhero will look. This way as you level up your hero actually looks better and better, so progression is very clear.
  • Capernicus likes this

#2 caprica

caprica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Team:Darkwing
  • World:US1
  • Character:Caprica

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

i like the idea a lot too! how can we make it, so its doable?
off the bat, youd have to cover a range of 300 levels with different graphics...
having individual stats display differrently (i.e. bigger brain (what for intuition/what for crit), bigger arms, bigger body, would
make an even wider spread of new body graphics that needed to be made.
and all times two (male/female)
thats a lot of graphics!

and its only the tip of the iceberg... since every one of the 100s clothes must scale correctly to adjust to the heros different bodies...
that might be hundreds of hours in graphics and programming..., and of course increases the games size...

how can we make it simpler?
Save the Cheesecake - Save the World

#3 SteveJohn

SteveJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

My thought was maybe that every-time you pass 100 marks for strength or vitality then your body shape changes. So 0 would obviously the current one, 100 the guy should lose the fat gut, and 200 the person should start building muscle. That's just one thought.

#4 caprica

caprica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Team:Darkwing
  • Character:Caprica

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Ive seen the topic discussed elsewhere before. its a neat idea, though personally i love the humor of pot bellied heroes.
troble is as mentioned, it would require scaling all the different clothes as well.
though i do now that optional skin color is very high on the to-do list.
Save the Cheesecake - Save the World

#5 Maximum

Maximum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

this is just my very personal opinion... I think altering the physique toward a more muscular look would take away the original idea of HZ...The idea of having "normal" heros which look kinda weird but have superpowers.

#6 DaJamalam

DaJamalam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

this is just my very personal opinion... I think altering the physique toward a more muscular look would take away the original idea of HZ...The idea of having "normal" heros which look kinda weird but have superpowers.

Maybe you could un-lock more body / apperance options as you level up?

#7 Capernicus

Capernicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Team:Heroes Inc
  • World:US4
  • Character:Reign

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

maybe then it should affect there stance maybe weaker characters stand awkwardly and as they get stronger they straighten up and eventually end up in the typical superhero stance with feet spread wide hands on hips and chest in the air.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users