Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Hurricane
  • World:US2
  • Character:ErmaEmpath

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Every update I expect to see something about the way new internet traffic is routed to the servers .   Right now  US3 server is the  one showing in the choice of servers for new members .   New members are not aware there are three servers when they join.  They are  put directly into us3 server.  Becasue of this US3 server has over one thousand teams and us2 server has around 200 teams.   There has to be a way to switch the servers on the  HeroZero website to display us2 and us1 with equal time as us3.  

• FaithfulAizen and kelly6 like this

#2 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:36 AM

That will help some for sure.  But it is still a choice either way.  People can choose which server they play on.  And lots of people start and team then never play.  So it would be interesting to see how much it actually helped.

#3 Myth

Myth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

Every player is free to register at any server they wish, the newest server though, is set as default in the registration page.

This applies not only for the US servers but also for the other ones.

#4 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:40 AM

Yes myth but that is very bad for the other servers most new people are going to sign up for the one it pops up on, if herozero cares about the other servers like us1, us2 it should default to the server with the less players.
  • ErmaEmpath likes this

#5 npe

npe

Staff member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

Even given the choice of server the majority would pick the newest. You wouldn't join a 4 year old server over say a 6 month old server. You'd stand 0 chance of catching up

#6 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:48 PM

Most don't realize they have a choice. I didn't. They certainly won't know the age of the server and I started wayyyy behind the top players in us2. There were lots already at the soft cap now I'm near the top and I'm a free player. You can catch up.
  • ErmaEmpath likes this

#7 ErmaEmpath

ErmaEmpath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Team:Hurricane
  • Character:ErmaEmpath

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

My point was ,   when you are a new person , joining hero zero for the first time , you click to make a hero , you dont even know there is a little , tiny arrow at the top of screen to change servers , you dont know there are more than one server.   When I joined a few years ago , I did not know there was a us1 server.     US1 was left to die while us2 got all the new heroes .   

The same thing will happen when they open a us4 ,  Tthe team on us3 where you worked so hard to develop will become a ghost town.  If anyone is still on us2 server , you know what I mean .   The teams keep having less and less players there.  They need new traffic directed to us2.

So , what i am saying Hero Zero , is make the default for new members who do the internet search be.....   us1  and  then  us2  and then us3  to give all servers an even chance to get new members

#8 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

Erma, thank you for your suggestion... it will be passed along for evaluation and possible implementation...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new members, us1, us2, us3, us1 server, us2 server, us3 server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users