Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • World:US1
  • Character:DevArmaya

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

I have noticed that a lot of people in Team chat wish there was a "Global" chat for them to talk to people outside of their Team and to challenge other teams formally, I think a Global Chat would be an AMAZING addition to this game. You could add channels as well like a Recruiting channel that is only viewable by those not in a team and can only be typed in by Team Leads or something.

Another thing I have seen a lot of requests for are colors.... People want colors in their chat, white and emote orange are not enough, please please please add color coding to chat.

Thanks!

You also need to add a Global Forum, so the best ideas of all the forums can be compiled into one forum so they are not missed at all.

#2 innominate

innominate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Team:Tortuga

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

The game already has a global chat through Kongregate that is dedicated to Hero Zero. Although this chat uses kong user names and not HZ character names. A global forum would have many setbacks, namely the fact that the game is hosted in many different locales/languages. Another english forum would be redundant and there is already talk of merging the US and UK HZ forums.

#3 DevArmaya

DevArmaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

The game already has a global chat through Kongregate that is dedicated to Hero Zero. Although this chat uses kong user names and not HZ character names. A global forum would have many setbacks, namely the fact that the game is hosted in many different locales/languages. Another english forum would be redundant and there is already talk of merging the US and UK HZ forums.

Not going to bothering trying explain the advantages of having the Chat Game based instead of external hosted by someone else, as to the setbacks of a Global Opinions and Suggestions Forum..... It would just make it a lot easier for people to pool their ideas in one place and also cut down a lot of duplicate posts and save lots of times for the Dev's. Also most people know howto use a translation addon for most browsers, fairly sure google will even do it for ya without a addon.

#4 innominate

innominate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Team:Tortuga

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

maybe you should bother explaining, because I dont see the advantages. The game is hosted by kong, as is the chat api. As a multiplayer game, HZ gets rooms dedicated to it. Albeit it doesnt have the nice colors/fonts/widgets that people only use because they are there, it does have some of the more useful chat functions (ban/mute), moderators, and an english speaking staff.

To your second point, i agree it would make the dev's job easier. But reading/translating 6 forum threads from different locales that you should have bookmarked isnt a difficult task to begin with, and there will be duplicates even with a conglomerated forum. And dont forget about human nature; no one will make a thread outside of their language because it just isnt comfortable and too many ideas get lost in translation(even more so if its by google). The multi-language forum would degrade to seperate threads for different locales and the only reason the idea wouldn't be moot is because they would all be housed under the same url.
I believe a way to solve this would be to expand the archived section of the "opinions & suggestions" to include the archived ideas from all the HZ forums with or without translations.

tl;dr 1. Pls explain for us 2. Clusterf**k waiting to happen 3. Conglomerate archive section for "opinions&suggestions" forums

#5 DevArmaya

DevArmaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Well, the main reason I see is that if you have ever viewed any of the Kong HZ Chat rooms most of them are dead. Only R1 is alive and its mainly being used by the top 3 Teams and they pretty much ignore most others. The reason (As far as I can tell) the other rooms are dead is most spend thier time in Team Chat, that being said adding a Ingame Chat would give people a way to make friends and such without having to find out thier Kong name, what room they are in and all that jazz. Another reason is Kong chat is IMO flaky at best, it randomly goes out and if you multitab games you can only be in 1 chat room, the last point I would like to bring up is IF this server ever decided to find a different host (Like the other HZ Servers and I hope it does) then it would not effect ingame friendships and what not.

3. Conglomerate archive section for "opinions&suggestions" forums

I like this, this is a very good idea.

#6 Maddog

Maddog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Team:Ultimate Edge
  • Character:Maddog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

You could add channels as well like a Recruiting channel that is only viewable by those not in a team and can only be typed in by Team Leads or something.

This would be amazing for teams!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chat, Colors, Global

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users