• 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA
  • Team:Swarm
  • World:US3
  • Character:Mommy

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

Hello HZ Gang, :) 

Let me start with a bit about my personal thoughts on HZ:

Although I am incredibly active and enjoy playing aggressively, I see this fighting strategy game as exactly that... a strategic fighting game lol. That means I do not get upset when people attack me (its a fighting game) and I quite literally congratulate those who out-wit me (its a strategy game). I am a cheerful player :) lol I have been known to send apology letters to the people I farm, and I have even helped people who are not on my team, simply because they were "close" and needed a boost (shhh dont tell Swarm haha ). However, mostly, I enjoy the fun that I have with my teammates. 

I am an active Swarm member, but I also have many chatty friends in various other teams. I have been told that we have been dubbed, "donut hogs" because of our top 10 honor placements over the last few months. I must admit that I laughed and I will not deny that there was a small zing of pride racing through me at the thought of being noticed.

However, I do want to apologize if any players are personally offended by this. Let me explain a bit...

As many other teams know, it is no easy matter to get players into the top 10 ranks AND stay there throughout the week. This is very much a group effort. The strategy of losing/gaining honor is no secret. Helping out a teammate by giving them honor is also not a new strategy lol. What we are doing is neither cheating nor selfish. On the contrary, what we are doing is actually a lot of work and a whole lot of teamwork.

Some people see us as being selfish, but I see it as simply playing the game. Hero Zero offers a weekly contest. So each week we work really hard to help each other out. Many of our players give up their own chances of winning to help out a teammate. That is definitely not selfish. Many of our team members communicate all week long, working out the math, and coming up with new ways of helping our teammates to gain. From our point of view, we are simply playing the game by the rules that were created. The only reason we end up with so many players in the tournaments is because we work hard for it as a team. We are not trying to take away your donuts. We are trying to help our friends. To be fair, doesn't it make more sense to help out your teammate than it does to help out non teammates? lol Seriously, think about it for a minute. lol Its not personal. Its just fun.

This post is not meant to sound angry or boastful! On the contrary, I am trying to point out that we have no secret strategy. We have no secret stash of unlimited donuts. We dont have evil plans to dominate the server. lol We do NOT think we are better than anyone. We dont want to take donuts away from anyone. We simply have a team that communicates and works together and we have more fun competing in the weekly honor tournament than we do in the team rankings. I even congratulate other teams for their accomplishments (many of you can attest to this). 

And one more thing that helps... we really do like each other. We strive to be a team of friends. I suppose that could be our secret weapon! :)

Feel free to comment on this. I am not trying to stir up trouble :)  I really am just trying to share my point of view :)

"Mommy" 

Swarm

• Jagan, Bobmeister, unnie and 9 others like this

Have fun! Its a game! :D

#2 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:51 AM

I'm trying to be a very good girl and not ask who cried about the donuts.  I liked your thread---great writing and you made excellent points.

In the words of Taylor Swift -----

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

Oh Mommy, if you guys don't mind----all Swarm players move to the left when I'm behind you.  I would like a clear path to first please and thank you for your support.  Lots of mouths to feed around here and my babies haven't eaten donuts in weeks.

• Shaira, Monkey2 and Mommy like this

#3 Bobmeister

Bobmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oooo
  • Team:Universal Supersavers
  • World:US1
  • Character:Bobmeister

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

It's good to have a loyal team :) Here in US1 there's only 3 or 4 teams that have more than one player trying for top ten every week. It's not hard for the others to attempt top spots, it's just the fact that most others don't try lol.

Being the strongest in my team it is hard to try and lose honor with them. So naturally when I am trying to lose or gain honor I turn to others in the tourney who are currently trying to do just that. I lose honor to people trying to get high in the ranking, and when I'm gaining honor for top ten I look for who's lowering their honor and work from there :).

Having a team that's not interested in the whole tourney concept can make it insanely harder to get in that top ten/three position, so I don't blame you or anyone in your team for all having similar goals and helping each other to make everyone stronger ^3^ that's what a team is for right?

Haters gonna hate hun. Don't let those haters bring you down! xx

• Mommy and Ely like this
Posted Image

#4 Mommy

Mommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

Oh Mommy, if you guys don't mind----all Swarm players move to the left when I'm behind you. I would like a clear path to first please and thank you for your support. Lots of mouths to feed around here and my babies haven't eaten donuts in weeks.

Hahahaha no problem. And thanks

I don't blame you or anyone in your team for all having similar goals and helping each other to make everyone stronger ^3^ that's what a team is for right?
xx

Darn tootin! Lol

• Bobmeister likes this

#5 Toaster

Toaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Team:Wolf Gang
  • Character:Toaster

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

Are people seriously butt-hurt by the successes of you guys' individual members?

Your teams are currently ranked 9 and 15, and if you are dominating the top 10 from those ranks, which I have noticed at times, then kudos to you guys. It's not like you are 1 and 2 and have all the server's most leveled players to skew the game. If people are complaining, then they need to spend as much energy developing their strategy as they are blaming other people for their short-comings.

Some of the top 10 teams have trophies that give them a significant benefit in courage over players without trophies, like myself. But you know what, I still find my way to the top 10 when I want to. It's really not that hard, and yeah, there can be a little luck involved as the competition varies from week to week. Sometimes it's easier than others and it's up to the individual to measure their own cost/return ratios and see if it's worth it to keep trying mid-week or if they should wait until next week to try again.

• SuperMAB and Mommy like this

#6 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:40 AM

Sometimes, you just gotta tell some people "Suck it up, Buttercup...it's a fighting game in the end..."

• unnie and Mommy like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#7 Mommy

Mommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:24 AM

hahah love you guys. today, after sending a very kind, sincere message to a player explaining that no, we were not picking on him but that he was 'threatening' to take the spot of one of our teammates... bla bla bla   i even sincerely apologized if he felt that it was personal bla bla i congratulated him on his success in the ranking this week.. bla bla bla.. very diplomatic of me, right? the response was this "I am an experienced player from another server. I may be small now but I am growing fast and will have my revenge. For now I will hit your lower level players daily. So keep it up." 

ahahah I MAY BE SMALL BUT I AM DRINKING MILK AND WILL BE BIG AND STRONG SOME DAY. hahahahahaha oh my gosh. i am trying to be nice but i am laughing my butt off hahaa

• SuperMAB likes this

#8 Toaster

Toaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:33 AM

For now I will hit your lower level players daily. So keep it up." 

Did you tell him you appreciate any help in honor drops you can get? ;)

• Mommy likes this

#9 Mommy

Mommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:34 AM

hahahah i know lol clearly he doesn't understand the idea

#10 Toaster

Toaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:43 AM

hahahah i know lol clearly he doesn't understand the idea

oh, but he's an experienced player from another server!

• Mommy likes this

#11 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

We used to call these clowns 'Keyboard Kommandos'...

if getting hit in a fighting game is gonna hurt your widdle feelins, maybe this isn't the game for you...

• Howl, SuperMAB, Mommy and 2 others like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#12 Dingelberry

Dingelberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Team:Double Zero
  • Character:Dingelberry

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:06 AM

Oink Oink 

U guys do a good job especially in the honor tournament 

Me personally ,i go for it maybe once or twice a year for honor ,to much work to drop and gain all the time lol

• Mommy likes this

#13 Mommy

Mommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:26 AM

hahaha thanks everyone. Its good to see so many people who really do play "for fun" :)

• unnie likes this

#14 Feelingood2

Feelingood2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Team:GloriousV
  • Character:feellingood2

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:42 AM

hello yall1   I WONT SPEAK FOR ANYONE OTHER THEN MYSELF!  but its just a game!  im here to have fun!  oversoul ty for keeping your word last week!  i hope we can continue to have good relations in the future!  congrats on your top 10 last week mommy!                                                                                        any help needed just ask me!

• unnie and Mommy like this

#15 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

I may be a moderator here in the forums, but in the game, I'm just a player like the rest of you... If you hit me, one of two things will happen...

1) you win (I'm nowhere near being the strongest player in the game...) this motivates me to improve my character...

2) I win (hey... stop laughing... it could happen...)

either way, I had fun, so I win...

• Toaster, Mommy and Sekhmet like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#16 Mommy

Mommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

either way, I had fun, so I win...

EXACTLY :)

#17 Howl

Howl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You!
  • Team:Valorous Vagrants
  • Character:Howl

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:32 AM

We used to call these clowns 'Keyboard Kommandos'...

if getting hit in a fighting game is gonna hurt your widdle feelins, maybe this isn't the game for you...

I just stumbled on this thread so this is kindof a better late than never statement.  

It constantly surprises me at how many people cry b/c they get hit 3 times a day here. I'm like, "You ONLY get hit 3 times what are you crying for?"  

I came here from a game where you can beat ppl. up indefinitely.  They have REAL Hospital times where they are stuck in there unless they have purchased something to get them out faster.

I have absolutely NO sympathy for anyone who whines about it and I think its sad that you "can't" battle your teammates in most teams.

Edited by Howl, 02 March 2016 - 06:34 AM.

• Mommy likes this

HowlingWolf3.gif

My Horns are holding my Halo up!!

see-saw.gif

Think about it....:

How many women do you know,

would have the sense of humor to choose "Howl" as their user ID

and wear it in public??

be.gif

#18 Mommy

Mommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

I came here from a game where you can beat ppl. up indefinitely.  They have REAL Hospital times where they are stuck in there unless they have purchased something to get them out faster.

haha thats awesome. i like the hospital idea lol

#19 Mommy

Mommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

Just wanted to say I am enjoying the competition in the ranks recently! kudos to VV for challenging us! 

Remember, this entire post is MY player opinion, not necessarily my team opinion. lol. I have had a few comments from other teams suggesting that my team doesn't 'reflelct' this opinion in the gameplay. And while i respect those comments, my response, again, is this: This is MY opinion. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: honor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users