King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:30 AM

Congratulations to all our heroes who aided in apprehending Thulk. We will be telling your story here over the next couple weeks. Check back every day for a new chapter. We hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 1: From Zero to Hero

11895961_896731237065873_846156752072038                                

Theodore Pyle was a simple soldier. He wasn't as athletic as the rest of the new recruits currently going through bootcamp and was constantly failing at the tasks his Drill Sergeant put him to. He was sure he'd never make it as a soldier. To make matters worse, he had been regulated to porter duties, forced to pick up trash and clean bathrooms and outhouses after the rest of the soldiers routinely wrecked them to make his job harder. Theodore considered dropping out, but he didn't want to disappoint his father who had been a war hero. As Theo was busy mopping the floor, Sergeant Unnie came in and started screaming obscenities at him. 

11866501_896726567066340_635720061019711

"Private Pyle! What the hell do you think you're doing?" he yelled.

"Mopping the floor, Drill Sergeant!" answered Theo.

"Did I tell you you could talk, Private Pyle?" spat the sergeant into Theo's face.

"No, Drill Sergeant!" Theo replied.

"That's right, Private Pyle! I didn't!" Sergeant Unnie continued to scream at him. "What the hell kind of piss poor attempt at cleaning a bathroom do you call this?" 

"I,...... I..... I was just getting started Drill Sergeant!" stammered Theo.

"I didn't tell you you could talk, Private Pyle!" the Drill Sergeant tongue lashed Theo. "So just shut your mouth and listen. You've got doo doo for brains, Pyle! You know that? Doo doo for brains! I have no idea how you got in my army but I hope my orders mean you're getting kicked the hell out!"

Sergeant Unnie slapped some papers into Theo's chest before continuing. 

11885309_899775063428157_708686515770800

"Take these papers to Major Disaster and tell him who you are! Apparently they have need for a sorry, worthless excuse of a soldier like you! Maybe you got lucky and now you'll be cleaning poop up in the Officer's Lounge bathroom, but I doubt it. You're not even good enough to clean the poop off my boot! Whatever the case may be, you're no longer my problem! Now get out of my face before the Major has my butt for keeping him waiting! And you better run, Private Pyle! If you don't get over there in 10 minutes, you won't have to worry about cleaning the poop off my boot ever again because you WILL BE the poop on my boot!"

Theo ran as fast as he could out of the barracks towards Major Disaster's office building, careful not to drop the papers the Drill Sergeant had given him. He entered the building and handed his papers to the secretary at the front. She greeted him with a smile and, after reading the paperwork, directed him to where he needed to go. Entering the Major's office, he was greeted warmly and with an unexpected smile from the Major. 

"You must be Private Theodore Pyle?" asked the Major.

"Um. Yes Sir, Major, Sir." Theo answered. "Sergeant Unnie told me you wanted to see me, Sir."

"Indeed I do, Private." the Major replied. "Private Pyle, I hear you've been having a bit of trouble making the grade. Now I've driven by and seen you struggling, and even with your lack of physical capabilities, I can see you have heart, Private. We could use a soldier like you for one of our special projects. I want you to come with me to meet some very important people who just might change your life, Private. How would you like to go from Zero to Hero?"

11866392_896884503717213_832128415630387                

Um.... I'd like that very much, Major, Sir." Theo stammered back.

"That's good, son. That's very, very good." Major Disaster put his arm around Theo's shoulders and patted him on the back.

"You just come with me then, Private. We have a very special program that could very well change the face of how we fight wars from here on out. You, son, are going to be the Army's very first Super Soldier!"

11900073_896716723733991_307665657746646                                                                          

• AngelicaSynn, unnie, Windwalker1971 and 2 others like this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#2 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

Chapter 2: What Could Go Wrong?

Theo lay strapped to the operating table. Nurse Angelica Synn had assured him it was only a precaution for his own safety and that he'd be perfectly fine. Still, he was sweating profusely and was a nervous wreck. Sure, he was happy to be part of an experiment that would make him equal to the other soldiers in the Army, or, if the doctors were right, even better. Even so, he couldn't help the anxiety he felt. Having such a beautiful and sweet Medical Assistant as Angelica reassuring him didn't help either. His palms grew sweaty as he watched her hook him up to monitoring equipment, her long red hair occasionally brushing gently against him as she did. 

11828643_896718283733835_497244929659879                                             

"Don't you worry, Private Pyle." she said to him. "This will all be over before you know it."

"Yes, Ma'am." Theo said nervously.

"Doctor Gloom will be here to monitor your progress just as soon as he's done briefing the Major and then we can start with your regimen of injections. Aren't you excited?" she asked. "You're going to become a hero, Pyle!"

She gave him a smile and a wink, and Theo couldn't help but blush a little. No woman had ever paid him any attention before, and even though it was purely for the purpose of the experiment, Theo couldn't help but swoon some over the lovely Medical Assistant.

Theo heard two more voices as the Major entered the lab with Doctor Gloom and made their way towards him. The doctor approached him with a syringe filled with glowing purple fluid, tapping it a few times as he shot a little out of the end to get the air out before injecting him with it. Angelica disinfected his arm with an alcohol swab before the doctor inserted the needle. 

11953241_901165866622410_836877938012043

He felt a burning sensation move through his arm as his veins carried the formula to the rest of his body. The sensation grew and spread and, as it reached his head, the room started spinning. His vision started to blur and he feel himself begin to black out. He could barely keep his eyes open, but still, he fixed what attention he had on the lovely vision of Angelica Synn.

11892086_896722000400130_427590210433282                                      

Suddenly, there was an explosion from one of the walls that left a gaping hole in it. As the dust cleared, the form of none other than the villainous King of Thieves stepped through. Alarms went off and guards started to fire their weapons at him. Major Disaster yelled orders as Doctor Gloom ran from the lab to escape.

11863228_896729063732757_777192348137952                         

Theo tried desperately to free himself but the straps held him in place and the injection had taken its effect. A purple haze filled his vision as his muscles seized to listen to his mind. He wanted to help, but there was nothing he could do. He slowly slipped from consciousness. The form of Nurse Synn laying on the floor was the last thing he saw. Blood trickled from her scalp where debris from the explosion had hit her and knocked her out. 

"Angelica! No..........." the words escaped from his lips as he slipped from consciousness.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#3 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:59 AM

Chapter 3: Thulk Thrash!

11891031_896720987066898_407449970663594

Alarms were still going off as Private Pyle blinked himself back into consciousness. Soldiers were rushing this way and that, battling fires with extinguishers. The King of Thieves was already long gone with whatever it was he had come for. The Major was still barking orders and cursing the King for what had happened.

"This is why we need super soldiers!" the Major yelled.

That's when Theo remembered........ Angelica! He looked over to where she lay on the ground, blood trickling on the floor from the wound in her scalp. His face became flushed with anger. If only he had been able to save her, he thought. But he had been too weak, too feeble to protect her. Fury began to overtake him and he could feel his pulse race and throb in his veins. With each beat of his heart, he could feel his muscles grow and expand. His skin started to change color to purple as his body grew to monstrous proportions. The straps that held him in place burst and Theo leaped to his feet. 

He looked once more at the motionless body of Nurse Synn as Major Disaster began to give out more orders to subdue him. Kneeling beside her, he gently brushed her hair from her face and looked down upon her. For a moment, the beast inside him started to subside as sorrow began to overtake him. A single purple tear fell from his eyes and landed on the gash in her scalp. 

11846674_896720030400327_362047641258462                             

Suddenly, Theo felt the sting of bullets bounce off his skin as gunfire rang out from all directions. He looked up to see soldiers firing at him with their weapons and fury once more gripped hold of him. He screamed in anger before charging one group of soldiers near the opening where the King of Thieves had blasted the wall. As he pummeled through the hapless soldiers, one thing went through his mind. These soldiers stood between him and revenge. He was going to make the King of Thieves pay for what he had done to Nurse Angelica, even if it was the last thing he did. 

Angelica blinked as consciousness returned. Dry, slightly sticky blood still matted her hair, but the gaping wound in her head had somehow healed, though she was not sure how. She saw the soldiers firing their weapons in the direction the initial explosion had come from in the lab. There she saw the hulking purple form of their test subject smashing an even bigger hole in the wall than the explosion had. She could hear him yelling as he exited the lab to God knows where. Fear took her senses as she began to worry about the population both on and off the base. They had unleashed a nigh unstoppable force upon the citizens of Humphreydale. As it leaped into the air in an impossible stride away from the lab, Angelica heard it yell in fury.

"THULK THRASH!!!!"

11218810_896718853733778_642458223598943

• grub, AngelicaSynn, unnie and 2 others like this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#4 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

Chapter 4: Experiment #1

LadyKamasutra hid behind a large rock with members of her team, Team Rocket. They were spying Humphreydale's Army Base to look for weaknesses in the facility they could exploit, in their mission to get a rare biological organism they desperately wanted that was being held there. Despite their efforts, there seemed no way in. Armed guards were everywhere and they had no idea which building was where Yoyodyne had their labs.

Team.Rocket.600.933463.jpg

As if hearing her thoughts, fate sent her a break. A large explosion rocked the grounds as it blew a hole in one of the buildings. Team Rocket watched as the King of Thieves entered the building from the hole he had made.

"LadyKamasutra," said one of her minions, "What if the King of Thieves is here for the same thing we are?"

11218690_899742883431375_588713493490875

"No worries." she said. "If he steals the organism, we'll simply steal it from him. It will be a far easier task to steal it from one man than a whole army. And besides, then we'll have it and he'll still get the blame!"

Alarms rang out and the group watched as soldiers ran to intercept the intruder. The distraction allowed them to make their way deeper into the compound unnoticed. 

"That must be the lab." she said to her troops as they made their way closer to the facility. "While everyone is defending the hole the King of Thieves made, we'll go in the front door. But first, we'll need some camouflage."

One of her henchmen handed her a bush.

"Will this work?" he asked. 

She bopped him on top of his head as she swatted the bush away.

"No, you idiot!" she berated him. "Do you really think a group of walking bushes running through a science lab will go unnoticed?" 

"Well," answered the hapless henchmen, "It is a lab where they make all kinds of crazy experiments."

"True." she said. "But I have a better plan. We'll ambush some soldiers and take their clothes! Then we can walk right in dressed as them."

Suddenly, they were surrounded by soldiers with weapons pointed at them. 

11863461_899740513431612_875394747958282

"Hold it right there!" one soldier yelled at them.

"Dammit..... I guess that plan's out the window." said LadyKamasutra's sidekick.

The soldier grabbed a radio and spoke into it. "We caught some intruders. They may be working with the other one who blew a hole in the labs. We're taking them in now."

"Affirmative." answered a voice on the other side.

While the soldier was busy talking into his radio, LadyKamasutra quickly grabbed the bush again and held it in front of her in an attempt to hide.  Apparently, the ruse worked. The soldiers led her team away but didn't notice her hiding behind the bush.

"Wasn't there another one?" asked one of the soldiers to another.

"I thought I counted another," he continued, "and then she just disappeared and there was a bush in her place."

"You're just imagining things." said the other. "You really have to stop hanging out behind the lab. I think the fumes from their experiments are starting to effect your mind."

16925_899741670098163_842997036111940796

LadyKamasutra watched quietly until the soldiers were out of sight. She was going to have to be extra cautious now that her backup had been captured. She couldn't believe the bush worked.

Silently, she tiptoed her way into the front door of the lab and entered. Soldiers ran towards the side of the building that the King of Thieves had made. Suddenly, one stopped and took notice of her.

"A walking bush?  Well now I've seen everything!" he said before continuing on his way towards the other side of the building. "I just can't get my mind wrapped around this place's crazy experiments."

"Whew!" LadyKamasutra sighed as she wiped the sweat beading from her brow.

That's when she saw what she was looking for. There, in front of her was the lab that held Experiment #1. She knew this because the door was labeled "Experiment #1".  She pushed open the door, and there it was. A smile beamed on her face from cheek to cheek.

11896033_900196200052710_919674228312349

• AngelicaSynn, unnie, Windwalker1971 and 1 other like this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#5 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

Chapter 5: We Now Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program!

LeapingLizard sat in his living room enjoying a burger and a good smoke. He was watching his favorite episode of the classic 70's Batman TV show when an emergency announcement interrupted his program. 

"Dang it! That was the episode with Bruce Lee as Kato!" he exclaimed before News Anchor Auntie Pink, the PostmodernPugilist, warned the viewers of an impending danger to the city.

11209370_903048003100863_244121052832573

"Citizens of Humphreydale, we have an urgent warning!" she said. "An experimental Super Soldier, known only as Thulk, has escaped the Yoyodyne Labs located on the local army base! All citizens are urged to stay indoors and avoid contact at all costs until the situation is under control! The FBY is asking all supers to please help apprehend this danger and stop Thulk before he can destroy the city. So if you know his whereabouts, please contact the authorities immediately. They are offering a reward to anyone who can stop Thulk's rampage..... Wait.... There's a reward? I have to get my gear together! Someone take over. I'm outta here! There's a reward and you guys don't pay me enough to pass that up!"

PostmodernPugilist handed her notes to the camera man and left the program. 

"Uh.... Um...." stammered the camera man as he took her place.  11913249_899763536762643_196725159110979

"Well, you heard her, everyone." he continued as he shuffled through the notes in confusion. 

"Stay tuned for further updates as we learn more." 

LeapingLizard watched as the camera man left the news desk to turn off the camera.

As the News cut back to the regularly scheduled program, LeapingLizard grabbed the hair on his head and pulled at it in frustration over this latest travesty.

"Dammit!" he yelled. "They interrupted the best part! I was so looking forward to seeing Kato! Well, I guess I might as well help out. The show is ruined anyway."

LeapingLizard scarfed down the rest of his burger and grabbed his magic smoke bombs before heading out the door. 

11870839_899759550096375_480213957439126

I'm bringing sexy back!

#6 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:34 AM

Chapter 6: Assault on Villains Inc.

11846514_897023550369975_962126818214411

Erma Empath, the villainess known to the world as the Sphinx, was in the kitchen baking pastries when the King of Thieves walked into their team headquarters. A smile beamed across his face, no doubt from his latest heist. 

"What has you so chipper today, King of Thieves?" she asked him.                            11863228_896729063732757_777192348137952

"Erma, you wouldn't believe my luck!" he answered. "Earlier, I broke into a military facility and was able to nab this trophy from them!"

Erma looked at the statue and wondered what could be so great about it. As near as she could tell, it was nothing more than a statue of a purple guy with a rather large build.

"And what, pray tell, is that?" she asked. "Is it valuable? Do you have a buyer already lined up?"

"No, no, no!" King rattled off. "It's not what you think. Sure it has value and we could probably sell it, but it's much more valuable to us if we keep it!" 

"Oh? And why is that?" Erma looked at King perplexed.

11880565_897028810369449_503916028926796                                                                 

"The energy that emanates from this trophy will allow each of our members to grow in power by a full 20 units every day we have it!" the King of Thieves squealed gleefully. 

"Well, I wouldn't get too excited." Erma said to him. "There's someone who's really mad at you after you broke into the military lab and he's coming after you."

"Really?" asked King. "Did you see this with your nifty Sphinx powers to foretell the future?"

"Actually, no." Erma replied. "It's all over the news. I saw it on TV just before you arrived. Some giant purple guy that looks like your statue escaped from the lab you broke into and is rampaging through the city. The Federal Bureau of Yoyodyne just put out a warning and is asking all heroes to help in apprehending the creature."

"The news said he's after me?" asked King, confused at how they knew the monster would be headed his way.

"No." answered Erma. "That part I got from my Sphinx powers of foresight."

"Well, it's gonna take one big, tough SOB to take down the King of Thieves!" King boasted.

"I guess we'll see then, since he's at our door now." she glibly answered back.

"THULK THRASH!" sounded through the walls of Villains Inc. Headquarters just before the big, purple giant crashed through the front entrance.

"Whoa!" the King of Thieves sounded off at the sight of Thulk. "Hold on a second there, big guy!"

"What's wrong, King?" asked Erma. "You were just boasting a second ago."

"I said it would take a big, tough SOB to take me down." he replied. "I never said it would take him long!"

Erma smirked at King's sudden change of heart. All bravado until the moment of truth.

"Don't worry, my capi'tan!" she boldly announced. "I have a plan! I've been baking all day for just this occasion!"

11061291_897034810368849_561423613766297

"You baked him cookies and cakes?" asked King. "Who's side are you on?"

"Ha!" she laughed back. "These pastries are infused with sedatives that should sap his energy before he can do too much damage."

King looked down at the muffin he was eating with a depressed look on his face.

11889561_897043580367972_311450141341030

"Now you tell me." he said to Erma, before his legs began to wobble and he fell to the floor.

Erma Empath threw muffins, cookies, cakes and donuts at Thulk as he approached her and her fallen team leader.

"Start throwing!" she yelled at King to no avail. 

Looking down, she discovered he was no longer where the muffin had felled him. A trail of crumbs showed he had made his escape before the action started. 

"Oh great!" she exclaimed. "Our fearless leader makes a run for it when we need him most and HE'S the reason this monstrosity is here!"

"I'm not running!" she heard his voice from some unseen place in the distance. "I'm crawling....... and looking for some place to hide!"

Erma shook her head and continued to throw pastries at the Thulk. Distracted by the aromas of blue berries, strawberries, chocolate and vanilla, Thulk stopped his advance to take notice of the projectile baked goods that were bouncing off his chest and landing on the floor around him. 

"Mmmmm! Goodies!" mused Thulk as he began picking them off the floor and shoving them into his mouth. "Nom! Nom! Nom!"

Erma continued to throw her weapons of mass distraction, until they ran out. Now she was worried. Thulk had eaten nearly everything she had and what was left was going to be gone in no time. Thulk had to pass out soon or her plans for subduing him would fail. As if on cue, Thulk plopped down to the floor.

"Thulk sleepy...." he said, rubbing his eyes. "Thulk take nap. Then Thulk find little man who hurt Thulk's friend."

Just then, Bill12 darts into the room at supersonic speed, a cricket bat in his hands.

"Have no fear!" he yelled out. "I heard the commotion and Bill12 is here!"

11885152_897022737036723_685246637425522                                                                                                                          

Bill cracked his cricket bat across the back of Thulk's head, waking him from his stupor and stirring him into a violent rage.

"Why puny man hit Thulk?" Thulk yelled. "Thulk thrash!"

Erma sighed  a breath of futility as Bill12 ran in circles around Thulk, hitting the giant with his cricket bat at every revolution. She almost had him. Now, thanks to Bill12's attacks, he was once more awake and in a full on rage. He swat at the villain who darted this way and that. At first it seemed Bill12 might actually make up for his blunder and put Thulk into a dizzy spell, when all of a sudden.......

CRACK!!!!

Bill12's bat broke. He stopped dead in his tracks, staring at the bat in disbelief. A tear began to well in one eye and fall down his cheek. 

"That was my favorite bat." he sniffled. "I made that bat in wood shop.............. It was the first thing I ever made................"

Thulk took the opportunity to hit Bill12 with a powerful punch that sent him flying through a wall and out of sight.

"Thulk thrash little speedy man!"

11218810_896718853733778_642458223598943

With his assailant dealt with, Thulk returned his attention to finding the man who had hurt Nurse Angelica Synn. As he headed in the direction of where he last saw the King of Thieves, he took notice of Erma holding up a frying pan, ready to defend herself against him.

"Nice lady no fear Thulk." he said to her. "Nice lady feed Thulk goodies! Nice lady Thulk's friend."

Relief swept over Erma's face as Thulk continued to look for King in vain. After lifting tables and turning over couches, he finally gave up and decided to search for his quary elsewhere. With a mighty leap, he crashed through the ceiling of Villains Incorporated and off into the distance.

Erma looked at the debris and shattered furniture that lay scattered all around her. With her arms crossed and a vexed expression on her face, she hoped no one expected her to be the one to clean up this mess. After a few minutes of silence, she heard something stir behind her. She turned suddenly, the frying pan poised and ready to strike. There she saw the King of Thieves poking his head around a corner.

"Is he gone?" he asked. "Is it safe to come out?"

BOING!!!! 

The frying pan rang loudly as Erma hit her team leader with it. 

"Ow!" he yelled out as she continued to beat him with it. "Ow! Stop! Stop!"

"You better clean up this wreck!" she screamed at him.

"Ok! Ok!" he pleaded back. "Just stop hitting me with that thing! Oh my God! I should have taken my chances with Thulk! You're way more dangerous than he is! Who made you team mom anyway?"

Bill12 managed to crawl out of the rubble he had flown into when Thulk hit him. Rubbing his head, he looked down and discovered a plate of donuts that Thulk must have missed.

11902522_897030590369271_633848081522038

"Oh! Look! Donuts!" he exclaimed in delight as he took a bite out of one.

"NO! DON'T!" Erma and King shouted out a warning, but it was too late.  

"Zzzzzzz......" snored Bill12 as he lay fast asleep, a smile on his face.

11880651_897038013701862_692301579846664

• AngelicaSynn, unnie, Windwalker1971 and 1 other like this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#7 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:07 AM

Chapter 7: The Stench of Defeat

Thulk landed in the middle of Dirty Downtown. Crime was high in Downtown and he could think of no better place to look for the criminal he was after. LeapingLizard couldn't help but notice the crater where Thulk had landed. That was going to cost the city. On the bright side, road workers had at least a full week's worth of work ahead of them to patch up the hole in the street.

Thulk passed by LeapingLizard without noticing him. The chameleon powers that hid the hero made it nigh impossible to see him. As Thulk passed, LeapingLizard consumed one of his magic smoke bombs and exhaled the smoke into Thulk's face. This'll slow him down, he thought.

11863406_900215046717492_506618339867571                                    

"Cough! Cough!" wheezed Thulk. "Where funny smoke come from? Thulk hungry all of a sudden. Thulk just eat. Why Thulk hungry again? Funny smoke that come from nowhere make Thulk hungry."

Thulk continued down the street as civilians ran in terror.  LeapingLizard watched, his efforts thwarted by Thulk's previous meal of cakes and pastries. That's when he noticed the donut shop across the street. 

"Mmmmm." he said to himself. "Donuts! And the workers all left running when Thulk came through. I guess with no one to take my money, that makes them free!"

LeapingLizard swaggered into the shop to take his fill................

Down the road, Thulk continued his search. The magic puff of smoke LeapingLizard had blown in his face made him strangely hungry for sweets. Unbelievably, a trail of candies lay on the street in front of him. What luck, Thulk thought to himself as he greedily grabbed them up and shoved them in his mouth, wrappers and all.

"Nom! Nom! Nom!" munched Thulk.

11904664_900212203384443_651475307112644

Nearby, the hero known only as Jim watched patiently to spring his trap. He watched from the shadows as Thulk followed the candy trail to a table set right in the middle of Dirty Downtown. Thulk's eyes bulged wide as he sat down at the table. One thousand candies littered its top but the table was too low for his liking.

a9657132dd70156ca0c741dc0ec4977b.jpg

"Table too short for Thulk." he declared.

Suddenly, the chair legs splintered under his weight and Thulk came crashing down. His chest was now just in line with the table top, his lower body sitting cross legged on the ground.

"Now table just right!" Thulk gleefully exclaimed as he tore into the sugary feast before him. 

Jim snuck up ever so quietly behind Thulk on his tippy toes, careful not to draw his attention from the candy trap he had so skillfully laid out for the behemoth. Jim was nearly upon him and poised to strike. His eyes began to glow as he charged up to blast the back of Thulk's skull with a concussion causing blast using his eye's energy beams. He could feel the power build but held it to the last minute. He only had one chance and he needed to make it count.

"Thulk's belly hurt." said Thulk suddenly, as he grabbed his stomach.

The excessive amount of sweets had done its number on him and Thulk pushed the table away from him. As he got up, a loud, noxious gas erupted from his bowels and engulfed Jim. 

"PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!!" blasted the odoriferous, toxic waste from the very depths of the hell that was Thulk's colon.

11923591_900213113384352_538617134096126

"Ack! Uhg! Oh My God!!!!" Jim gagged as he tried to escape.

Losing control of his eye beams, Jim blasted the buildings that surrounded him and the Thulk. Walls came crashing down upon the two, pinning Jim's cape in place so that he couldn't flee the ever expanding cloud of gas that seemed to be everywhere he turned.

11902398_901202266618770_707105495086149            

"Ha! Ha!" roared Thulk. "Silly man make funny faces! Make buildings fall down! Make Thulk laugh! Thulk like silly man."                           

"Gasp!" Jim wheezed as the world started to go black. Like the devil's ether, the stench forced his consciousness to flee.

"Silly man?" Thulk queried. "Silly man must be tired from making so many funny faces. Thulk let silly man sleep."

Thulk patted Jim's head gently before taking his leave to search once more for the one he blamed for hurting Nurse Synn.

"You sleep, silly man. Thulk go now to find Thulk's enemy. You be safe here, away from evil villain man. Thulk come back later and you make Thulk laugh some more."

11924226_900209843384679_266260938427760

• AngelicaSynn, Windwalker1971 and Nad Westor like this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#8 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

Chapter 8: Angelica Revives-

Angelica had her assignment... She had been recruited straight out of college by the C.Y.A. 

Her first assignment- Her C.Y.A. handler had intel suggesting that the military was working on the Super Soldier project again at the local military base... Somehow, those projects never seemed to end well.

She had provided Angelica with all the documents necessary to secure her identity as a nurse in the base's infirmary, and to get her assigned to the experimental section... Angelica's medical knowledge and her superior intellect should allow her to keep that cover identity safely.

It had been pure luck that Angelica had been assigned to the 'SSX' (Super Soldier Experiment)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Angelica began to regain consciousness, she got flashes of what had happened--

Bending over the recruited subject and trying to reassure him as the Military Adviser spoke with the Doctor.

Gently humming a lullaby she remembered from her childhood as she prepped the young soldier for the experiment.

The Injection... The Explosion... The huge purple form hovering over her, crying a single tear...

Angelica blinked, and for just a moment, her vision seemed obscured by a purplish haze...

"No... no... I have to concentrate... have to think...", Angelica thought silently.

Her vision began to clear, and Angelica, remembering the pain in her head, raised her hand to feel for a wound.  Though her hair seemed to be matted with blood, and there was a very small scar beneath, there appeared to be no current injury.  As she continued to probe the area, even that small scar subsided...

She sat up, and she seemed to see things more clearly, even though she had lost her glasses.  As a soldier examining the wall noticed her sitting up, he stepped over and offered her a hand to help her stand.  Angelica expected to feel stiff, sore, and possibly a little lethargic, given a recent head injury, but she almost bounded to her feet with only minimal assistance.  In fact she had never felt better...

As she moved down the hall in the direction of the locker room to clean up, her body felt light and more supple than since she had been interested in gymnastics as a child. As she grasped the combo lock on her locker, it fell off in her hand.  Looking down at the lock, she had unknowingly mangled it in her bare hand into something resembling shiny, metallic play-dough.

"What?!", Angelica murmured,"... the tear... it changed me somehow..."

Just then, two nurses entered the locker-room.  As was to be expected, especially in a top-secret military facility, they were discussing and speculating about recent events, and so Angelica soon knew what had happened while she was unconscious.

"I have to help... I may be the only one who fully understands..."

Angelica washed up and changed quickly, headed back to her locker, recovering the auto-injector glove she'd been working on, and stealthily made her way off the locked-down military base.

w5kVxjz.png

• Windwalker1971 and King of Thieves like this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#9 LadyKamasutra

LadyKamasutra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Team:Team Rocket
  • World:US3
  • Character:Team Leader of Team Rocket

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

THIEVES I LOVE YOUR STORY ABOUT US XDDDDD TYTY

• Windwalker1971 and King of Thieves like this

#10 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

You're very welcome. Thank you for participating in the contest. I'm glad you liked the story. That's the sole reason AngelicaSynn and I do it. (Don't give me all the credit. Angelica and I have been working hand in hand on this project.) I hope we're able to do more such stories in the future for your enjoyment and that of the rest of the community. Be sure to check back daily for each new chapter as the story unfolds further. While you're at it, don't forget to check out the rest of our great forums here.

• AngelicaSynn and Windwalker1971 like this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#11 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:47 AM

Chapter 9: The Galaxy Beat Down Downtown  

v2p3vJb.jpg?1

Bruce Banger was busy spinning tunes in the Galaxy Night Club for the patrons on the dance floor. Galaxy was the hottest club in town and there were always lines that stretched around the building for people to try and get in, and that was because of Bruce. He had an almost super human ability to mix beats and popular music that got even the worst dancers to throw caution to the wind and dance like no one was watching. Fun was all that mattered.

10285657.gif

Bruce's head bobbed up and down to the beats. His headphones drowned out all but the music. So he didn't notice, at first, when the crowd started screaming and running hysterically. Only after he popped his head up from the mixers to interact with the crowd, did he see them all making their way towards the exits. Even the bartenders and waitstaff were running. Bruce looked around for Lenny, the manager, but he was nowhere to be found. The only person not running hysterically that Bruce could find was the bouncer, Biff Bragwell.

"Biff, what's going on?" he asked the bouncer.

11903728_902954026443594_151716719382696

"Thulk is rampaging through Downtown and is headed this way. News just came in 10 minutes ago and spread fast. You should get out of here. Lenny's in the back office securing the money from the vault. Maybe the two of you can escape out the back. I'll stay here till everyone's out of the building."

"Thanks, Biff." Bruce replied as he ran for the back offices carrying his gear. "Stay safe, bro!"

As Biff continued to usher patrons out the exits, Bruce made his way to the employee lounge. It was completely empty. He quickly changed into his super hero outfit and started transforming hid DJ gear into a strange sonic weapon. That's when Lenny entered.

"Who the hell are you?" Lennie screamed at him as he pointed a gun at Bruce with a suitcase full of money in one arm.

"Lenny! Don't shoot!" Bruce yelled. "It's me, Bruce!"

"Bruce Jenner?" Lenny asked in confusion.

"No." Bruce replied. "I'm BruceARee!"

"Yeah, sure! And I'm Elvis!!" Lenny said "What kind of fool do you take me for? Bruce Lee died in the 70's. Not even that bad, fake accent is enough to convince me!"

11953022_902975129774817_485779086533596

"No, Lenny!" Bruce suddenly realized his mistake. "I mean Bruce Banger!"

"Sure you do, buddy!" Lenny said as he continued to point his gun at Bruce.

"I'm not letting you rob the place while everyone is running from that Thulk thing." he continued. "I see you trying to make off with the DJ equipment, you dang looter!"

BANG! ............................................................. BANG!

11891039_902978299774500_295673577896792

Lenny fired off a couple rounds at Bruce. Like Remo Williams, Bruce spun first to the left, then to the right, dodging the bullets as they came. 

"Holy cannoli!" Lenny cried out. "I'm outta here! Dang super freaks are taking over the city!"

Lenny closed the door to the employee lounge and Bruce heard the sound of 15 deadbolts lock him in before the sounds of Lenny's foot falls could be heard running as fast as they could taking him towards the back exit to the club.

"DAMMIT, Lenny!" Bruce said as he pounded his fists against the door. "I need to get out of here so I can stop Thulk!" 

Bruce punched and kicked at the door to no avail. The steel reinforcements prevented his expert martial arts attacks from doing any damage. Bruce was all for security, and ordinarily would have been happy that the club had spent so much on extra security measures, but now he was stuck like a rat in a trap. He tried the walls too, but they were just as tough as the door. 

"Wait!" Bruce exclaimed to himself in excitement. "My Mix Master Sonic Cannon should be able to knock the door down, no problem!"

Bruce turned back to the DJ equipment he had been working on transforming into the cannon before Lenny had started shooting a gun at him.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Bruce cried out in agony.

11028016_902963266442670_907312318704981

The DJ equipment lay in ruins. The gun fire may have missed Bruce, but they had made a wreck of the Mix Master. Bruce fell to his knees and raised his fists to the sky.

"WHY? WHY?" he screamed. "WHY GOD, MUST YOU BE SO CRUEL TO ME? My grandmama gave me that mixer! NO, WHY, GOD? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????"

I'm bringing sexy back!

#12 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

Chapter 10: Vampire Hunter P

11891176_903022859770044_655063656584401

Auntie Pink, the PostmodernPugilist, was busy getting her gear together in the armory of the Turbo Cave. She had just arrived and was waiting on her partner Awewenu to show up. Opening the vault, she took out her trusty crossbow and the gold cross she had received from St. Joan. 

"These should work." she said.

11923200_903004186438578_897571160313906                                        

"Why do you say that?" asked Awewenu, who had just arrived unnoticed.

"Where did you come from?" asked a startled Pink. "How did you sneak up on me like that?"

"Sorry, Pink." Awewenu replied. "It wasn't my intent to startle you. Do you think Thulk is a vampire?"

"You never know, Awewenu." Pink answered. "You never know...... Just last week I had to put my cousin down for being a vampire."

"How did you find out he was a vampire?" asked Awewenu, as he put on his gear.

Pink slipped on her armored vest before answering, "How did I know, you ask?" 

"Yeah." said Awewenu. "How did you know?"

Pink looked Awewenu in the eye and coldly answered.

"I stabbed him through the heart with a wooden stake..........." 

mini_120730112531251047.jpg                                                                    

"And he died........................" she finished.

"Um..... Uh......." stammered Awewenu. "You know that would kill a normal person too, right?"

"Quit trying to rain on my parade, Awewenu!" she snapped back. "You don't know that he wasn't a vampire! Maybe you're just trying to cover for him? Your teeth are starting to look a little sharp, come to think of it. Not to mention, that suit kind of makes you look like a bat! You're not one of those filthy blood suckers too, are you?"

11902343_903020156436981_111386792521100

Auntie Pink pulled out a fresh wooden stake from her utility belt.

"Um.... No..... No..... Not me...... I'm perfectly human...... I promise!" stammered Awewenu, as Pink's accusation took him aback. "He must have been a vampire. If you say he was, then he must have been."

Awewenu continued to put on his gear in a hurry as Pink slipped the wooden stake back into her belt.

"Well, if you promise, Awewenu. But don't think I'm not watching you! The minute you turn," Pink said in her best Clint Eastwood voice. "It's lights out!"

Pink suddenly fired her crossbow in Awewenu's direction.

"AHHHHHH!" screamed Awewenu as the bolt flew past his head and impaled itself on the wall next to him. 

"Pink!" He cried out as she headed towards him. "Stop, Pink! I swear! I'm not a vampire!"

Pink grabbed the bolt that had lodged into the wall. 

"I know that, silly." she said as she pulled it out, a roach still squirming from where it was impaled on the end. "There was a cockroach on the wall."

stock-illustration-61300788-cockroach-ca                              

"We really need to get an exterminator in this place. That huge gaping hole in the side of the mountain keeps letting these buggers in. Too bad Captain Avenger won't let us, since the Turbo Cave is all super secret hush hush, and all. He's afraid it'll expose our lair to the general public. I wanted to build a door to the entrance, but MysticMyster seems to think it'll draw too much attention. I say we get the damn exterminator and just get rid of him after he's done."

Awewenu wiped the beads of sweat from his brow in relief that Pink wasn't trying to kill him.

"Pink, we can't just go killing innocent people." he said. "It would be bad for our image."

"We could............ IF HE WAS A VAMPIRE!!!!" Pink said back. "A trusty stake through the heart would take care of everything!"

11947420_903021853103478_735256048741794

"Pink," pleaded Awewenu. "Can we just concentrate on the mission ahead of us instead of vampires all the time? We need to stop Thulk! What's the plan? You do have a plan, right?"

"Of course, I have a plan." answered Pink. "The plan is, ....................."

Awewenu waited for Pink to finish................. And waited.............. And waited.................

And just when Pink thought Awewenu had waited long enough that the suspense would kill him, she answered.

"Our plan is to improvise!"

"WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PLAN IS THAT?" yelled Awewenu. "THAT'S NOT A PLAN! That's....."

Awewenu stopped short as he watched Pink start to pull the wooden stake from her belt again, all the while giving him a cold, steely gaze.

"Actually, that sounds like a great plan, Pink." he said. "I don't think we could have possibly come up with a better plan than that."

"Damn skippy!" smirked Pink.

11949361_903024186436578_902978983204597

I'm bringing sexy back!

#13 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

Chapter 11: Bad Moon Rising

Thulk continued to rampage through the city. Night had long fallen and the moon was nigh at its precipice, lighting the way. Everywhere he went, people ran screaming. He wasn't sure what they were running from, but guessed it had to do with the King of Thieves. These poor people, he thought to himself, but he would save them from the King's villainy. He stopped several times to ask people for directions of where the King might be, but people either ran in hysteria or passed out cold as they fainted in front of him. No doubt it was due to some evil doing of the King of Thieves. Perhaps King had released some kind of invisible gas on the streets of the city that caused mass hysteria. He had seen villains use such tactics before in a movie. 

"AWWWWHOOOOOOOOOO!" came a sudden howl on the wind.    

11885253_903001563105507_382737175187503

Thulk looked in the direction in had come and saw a manbeast, part wolf, part woman up on a building looking down at him. He wasn't sure, but he thought the wolf creature was giving him a staredown. Thulk liked games and stared intently back. 

"Wolf girl no win staredown!" yelled Thulk. "Thulk staredown champion!"      

11954578_903001729772157_682784508259009

Howl looked down from the top of the building where she stood, her prey staring intently back at her. Several minutes passed as neither opponent blinked. Had her powers of mesmerization worked, she wondered? Thulk just stood there unmoving. Perhaps she had succeeded and he was transfixed into a hypnotic state? Was it going to be this easy? She leaped down from the building to the pavement below. A a wince of pain shot through her leg as she landed. Dammit, she thought. So much for making a really cool entrance. She had twisted her ankle. Oh well, she mused. Her healing powers would fix things. Still, the pain caused her to close her eyes momentarily.

1381325_906318369440493_5856925688390665

"Hah!" yelled Thulk. "Thulk win staredown! See? Thulk staredown champion!"

So much for hoping he had been mesmerized into a hypnotic state, Howl fumed in disappointment. 

Grabbing the titanium rope from her waist, she charged Thulk. Thulk watched in amusement as she ran in circles around him, running the titanium line in ever tightening loops. When she was almost out of line, she stopped suddenly and pulled it tight, trapping Thulk's arms at his sides. Thulk looked at her, smiling.

"What game we play now?" asked Thulk. "Thulk not know this game."

"This is no game, Thulk." Howl replied. "I'm taking you down!"

She sprang at Thulk where he stood, the titanium rope still entangling him. With her claws she fiercely attacked him from all directions. 

10431575_906318896107107_283972511820004

"Ohhh....... Ahhhhhhh....." sighed Thulk. "Yes, right there. Scratch right there. Now do Thulk's back."

Howl looked at Thulk in confusion. Her claws weren't getting through his tough skin. Instead of hurting him, he was enjoying it.

"Why you stop?" he asked her.

After staring at Thulk for several minutes, amazed that her attacks weren't doing any harm, she watched as he stretched his arms out from his sides and snapped the titanium line. This guy was unbelievable!

"Here. Thulk show you." he said as he quickly grabbed her in one hand before she could get over her amazement.

Thulk then proceeded to use her like a back scratcher to reach the spots she had missed. Howl was horrified. Not only had Thulk thought all this was a game and her attacks had no effect, but now he was reducing her to being a back scratcher! Oh the humility, she thought.

11928725_903059276433069_697428902548040

"Ahhh..... Yes.... Right there!" Thulk moaned in pleasure.

"Oh.....Thulk never feel so good......."

The moon began to set and the sun began to peek over the horizon. Howl's form began to change and turn human once more. As it did, her claws began to lose effect and Thulk pulled her back in front of him.

"Why back scratcher no work no more?" Thulk asked with annoyance.

Howl looked at Thulk in horror as he held her in front of him. If her wolf form had done no damage to Thulk, what chance did she have against him as a human?

"Who are you?" asked Thulk as Howl continued to look at him in horror.

"What happened to back scratcher?" Thulk looked at Howl in confusion. "Who are you? Where you come from?"

Still in Thulk's grasp, Howl shrugged her shoulders and put her hands up as if to say "I don't know."

A flush of anger crossed Thulk's face as he put her down. 

"I know." he said. "Villain man steal Thulk's back scratcher and replace it with regular human. But Thulk not fooled! Thulk find puny villain man and make him pay! Make him pay for all villain man do to Thulk!"

To Howl's relief, Thulk leaped into the air, away from where he had left her. She watched as his form grew smaller in the distance. That could have gone very badly, she thought. She couldn't believe she had underestimated her opponent so completely.  That's when sudden flashes of light brought her attention back to her surroundings. She looked around as people were taking pictures with their cameras and cell phones of her.  At first she was confused, but then she remembered that as a human, she wasn't wearing any clothes. A flush of embarrassment covered her face as she tried to cover her nakedness and get away from the gawking onlookers.

11990576_906317422773921_647866485123355

I'm bringing sexy back!

#14 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

Due to time restraints, I will try to add a chapter daily, but cannot guarantee this over the next week. An injury has me going to therapy. But I will attempt to do as much as I can.

• AngelicaSynn likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#15 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

I'm going to run with this. I really like it. I'll post her story as is, then I'll do my follow up.

Chapter 12: Jill's Story

Originally posted by JillsStory

Dust settled in her room. It's not like she could dust it, she was in a straitjacket. Still, Jill (Only the doctors called her Jillian. And the newspapers. The judge had too, come to think of it. But that was ancient history) enjoyed the view out the window. Granted, it was crisscrossed by iron bars, but you just couidn't have nice things in a place like this. Still, she had calmed down- a bit- since she got here, so instead of the cushy room with floor to ceiling pillowtop, she had a real room, with a real view. The straitjacket was still doc's orders. The orderlies had fallen for her charm when she asked to “stretch her arms a bit”. Big babies ! “It was only BRUISES, you lightweights !” she yelled to no one in particular.

The door opened, and a rather ordinary looking man walked in. “Still screamin' at the squirrels, Jill ?”, he smiled. She turned, and greeted one of her few remaining friends. “Pfutz !”, she grinned. “Great to see you ! Forgive me if I don't hug you. Or offer you coffee. I'm still afflicted with the poor fashion decisions of my shrink.” She walked with purpose to her recliner, then awkwardly flopped into it, toppled by the restraint. She tried to regain her dignity. “SO... Pfutz. What brings you to see crazy ol' Jill ?”

“You won't believe me”, he began to laugh.

“Try me. A place like this expands your willingness to lent credibility to the impossible”

“The FBY wants you.”

“They got me, silly. Arranged my current accomodations. Very strict on “rules of engagement”, those guys. Apparently berserker rages and trash screaming is no longer civilized in taking down bad guys”

He unfolded the letter he'd brought. “It seems, Jill, all is forgiven” He held the paper out to her. She read it aloud.

“Jillian”, she began “ARGH ! Nothing good can come from letters from the feds using your proper name !”

We are reaching out to you because we are in a critical situation.” she read. “DUH !!!”, she laughed, bouncing about in her chair. “You would HAVE to be to even write to me !' She blew a raspberry at the page. “Say your sorry, and send me roses”

“Jill..” Pfutz sighed. “It's serious. Keep reading”

The world is close to destruction. Some scientists have given an injection to Thulk for the purposes of an experiment. The experiment, which failed, made him demented and his strength improved 15 times! He is destroying everything in his path. We urgently need a superhero to save the world."

“Demented ! Ahhhhh, NOW I get it.” She hopped to a standing position “ Some pudding for brains injected the THULK with super juice, and SURPRISE, he didn't react well ! Tearing stuff up, breaking the cappucino maker, crushing someone's Yugo, STOMPING THE JUST BOUGHT LANDSCAPING IN THE PARKING LOT CAUSING TERRIBLE FISCAL BURDEN TO THE SCIENTISTS RETIREMENT FUND ! And, in the understatement of the decade, they stamp FAILURE on the file. Noooo kidding.” She grinned, a grin that made small children cry (No, really. None of the other heroes let her babysit anymore. Not after that once...), and made Pfutz smile softly.

“So, you grasp their desperation, then ?” he said. “They need you, Jill. Normal heroes would get stomped. They want...”

“Crazy, Pfutz. You can say it. They want crazy. They want me running toward Thulk when everyone is running the other way, some stopping to pee themselves in terror. They want the adrenal gland gone off the tracks that makes me faster and stronger than I should be. They want the part of my mind with the burned out fuses that allows me to rush into danger with no sense of self preservation. They want a heroine with a bit of oddness. They want KillerJill again.”

“They say it's an application process”, Pfutz laughed again.

“A WHAT ?”, Jill replied. Fine, here's my application “I AM NICE, I AM A FEW FRIES SHORT OF A COMBO MEAL, I AM DISPOSABLE. HIRE MEEEEE !” Quit laughing, and write that down, Pfutz !”

“They want a plan, Jill. Why are you a better choice than another hero ? Why should they assign you ? Can you even take down Thulk ?' He laughed again “Are you free for dinner Friday night ?”

“One answer at a time. My plan is simple; Thulk fears me. Thulk fears people who don't fear him, and I don't. I remember when we went to school together, turned him down for the prom, actually. Maybe I'll flirt with him, then knock him stupid when he's wondering if he has a chance finally. I know him, Pfutz, that is what makes me better. He's a nerd on radioactive gummy vitamins. I can do this ”

Pfutz smiled. “That's what I told them. Turn around, Jill”

He undid the buckles on her straitjacket. She watched as it collapsed in a heap on the floor.

“Go show 'em how it's done, girl”.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#16 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Chapter 13: Valorious Vagrants; Victory Or...... No. Just Victory!

11935006_907437019328628_527254779294283

OperationRedwings was busy monitoring the camera feeds that kept the Valorious Vagrants appraised when crimes were being committed around the city. She had just woken up and was just now viewing the destruction throughout the city in the wake of Thulk's rampage. 

"Hey, Windwalker...." she said to her partner. "Check this out!"

"What is it?" asked Windwalker.

"Some giant purple monster is rampaging through the city." answered OperationRedwings. "He kind of looks like that guy we put away in the Federal Penitentiary awhile back, just bigger."

"I don't know Red." said Windwalker. "I don't think it's him." 

"Sure it is!" answered Redwings. "I'm sure of it!"                       11221460_907440162661647_346600096922964

Just then, a message came through on the fax.

-------Beep--------

--------------Beep--------

--------Beep--------------

••Incoming Message (urgent)••

"Is that the fax machine?" asked Windwalker. 

"Yeah." answered Redwings. "Why?"

"We're still using a fax machine?" queried Windwalker. "You know this is 2015, right? Why are we still using a fax machine?"

"Well, why wouldn't we use a fax machine?" asked Red.

"What? There's so many better technologies today!" exclaimed Windwalker.

"Yeah, but we're on a limited budget." replied Redwings. "We can't afford to replace the fax machine."

"Why not?" asked Windwalker. "What have you been spending our club dues on? I hope you're not spending it on your pokemon cards again!"

"No! No! Of course not!" answered Redwings. "I learned my lesson after your 8 year old cousin won all my cards from me."

"Then what are you spending it on?" demanded Windwalker. "I haven't seen any new upgrades here for awhile!" 

"Why, donuts, of course!" answered Redwings. "You guys eat a lot of donuts, y'know? It takes up almost our entire budget."

Windwalker started calculating silently on his fingers for a bit before shaking his head in affirmation.

"Yeah. That sounds about right." he conceded. "So what does the fax say?"

Redwings picked up the fax as it finished and began reading it aloud.

“It’s a Message from the FBY?!?” 

fax_machine_01.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Message reads:

“We’ve got an urgent recruitment announcement from the FBY. Please read it carefully:

We are reaching out to you because we are in a critical situation. The world is close to destruction. Some scientists have given an injection to Thulk for the purposes of an experiment. The experiment, which failed, made him demented and his strength improved 15 times! He is destroying everything in his path. We urgently need a superhero to save the world."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sweet!" exclaimed Windwalker. "The FBY? This could be our big break into the big leagues!" 

"Aren't we already in the big leagues?" asked Red.

"Yeah, but now we'll be able to afford to replace the fax machine!" Windwalker answered with a smile.

"I'll write them back and fax over our acceptance for this mission." said Red. "See? I told you it was that guy! It says Thulk, right here!"

"C'mon, Red." Windwalker said back. "The guy we put in the Pen was called Thick, not Thulk!"

"No. It was Thulk. I'm sure of it!" answered Redwings as she scribbled up a return letter.

The letter read:

To the Commanders in the FBY:

I am OperationRedWings, I have always fought diligently against these criminals that try to destroy our world.  It seems everyday there is a new threat against us.  (why the other day I saved the world against the villain The Gulk).  I find it intriguing that new heroes’ think that they can fight these advanced creatures, when you call upon a hero OprationRedwings comes answering.

I have an idea to handle this Thulk person.  As I remember this Thulk was put into Federal Prison for trying to harvest the Sun’s energy using whatever he could steal from our Naval Bases. 

**Shakes Head**

I don’t know why you would choose Thulk to have tested this experimental drug on. But what is done is done.

My Powers to overcome this destructive Beast will include some of my favorites. First I will need to get close enough to his to use my Sonic Hypno screech, which will render him immobile.  Next I will use my Shrink belt to get him to the proper size…and third I shall restrain him, bringing him to you safely. 

This mission needs to be handled with the utmost care.  Only the best of the best can take on a creature like this, and especially one that is 10x his strength because of some drugs.  I have a Co partner in my Lair he helps me a lot.  he power is the awesome ability to make people feel at ease and tranquil.  He has agreed that we can work together as a team to take this Thulk down.  I know that we can take this one down.

OperationRedwings of Valorious Vagrants

OperationRedwings quickly faxed the message back and waited for confirmation. No sooner had the fax gone through, a second fax from the FBY came in. 

"What's it say, Red?" asked Windwalker.                11800238_890699031002427_526935489464285

"Let me see." answered Red as she started reading it to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you very much, OperationRedwings. We truly appreciate your help in this matter. The sooner we get Thulk under control again, the sooner the city will be safe again.  There is a reward for whomever successfully apprehends Thulk. Be forewarned, all superheroes we could reach were made aware of the situation and so you may have to contend with other supers in this tragic turn of events. Again, we truly appreciate your efforts in this matter.

Sincerely,

General Mayhem

P.S. Windwalker is correct. The other criminal you apprehended was Thick, not Thulk. They are two different individuals. I hope you have a contingency plan."

"Whoa!" exclaimed Windwalker. "How did they know what we were talking about?"

"It's the FBY." answered Red. "They probably keep tabs on all supers."

Windwalker's head looked around at the different corners, walls and decorations in their HQ, his face expressing a worried look.

"Dude..........." whispered Windwalker. "When no one's here, I like to run around and dance naked. I hope they haven't been watching me............."

"You do WHAT?" exclaimed Red in shock. "OMG! How do I delete that from my mind's eye?"

"Huh? Oh. Did I say that out loud?" Windwalker replied. "Never mind that, Red! WE HAVE A CITY TO SAVE!"

Super-2.jpg

"Just as long as you're wearing your uniform.... or something.....anything...." muttered OperationRedwings under her breath.

• Windwalker1971 likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#17 Windwalker1971

Windwalker1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Team:Rowdy Rebels
  • World:US8
  • Character:Windwalker

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:12 PM

AMAZING!! Do you guys really have eyes in our HQ? I am always running thru the HQ naked!!! lol

• King of Thieves likes this

#18 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

AMAZING!! Do you guys really have eyes in our HQ? I am always running thru the HQ naked!!! lol

Our eyes are everywhere...... We even watch while you pee!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Cough! Cough! Hack! Hack! Oh, God! I have to quit laughing like that................

I'm bringing sexy back!

#19 Windwalker1971

Windwalker1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Team:Rowdy Rebels
  • World:US8
  • Character:Windwalker

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

*blushes and thinks, "all those times I spelled my name out in the snow!"

• King of Thieves likes this

#20 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:27 AM

Your cursive is immaculate, btw.

I'm bringing sexy back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users