King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

king of... where you see word 'leave'?..yes...a new player cant compete...the server can still live if old players stay...there 660 days since server start...ofc new cant compete ...thats why the old players have to know they can get on top....i DIDNT SAY LEAVE....
For relentless.....iis EVENT...it suppose to be something different...different in a good way not bad...as an exemple they can put a +socket as reward that can improve one of your gear....you trying to say 'important is to participate not to win' ...this is a game that have a purpose..be the best and have fun....-gear cant make you best and ofc cant make you have fun!

If I misinterpreted what you meant with your post, then I apologize. But to me it seemed you think anyone who wants to compete should go to a different server. We like it on server 2, and we compete and do a good job of it, despite having been here 8-9 months after the other power teams on this server. The difficulty of competing with players who had such a huge head start on us is the primary attraction for us. We like the extra hard challenge.

My opinion is wrong again. Great. I personally think people are not going to post when you have a mod jump in to tell you that your thoughts, feeling or opinions are wrong. 1 topic of 3 or 4 people arguing isn't a lively forum.

It seems to me, LL, that it is my opinion that is constantly under attack in this thread. It is why I have defended that opinion several times with facts and examples to explain it.

When someone doesn't agree with your's you seem to get upset, threaten to leave, then come right back. And this thread isn't the 1st time. You might recall your retirement thread where you stated you were quitting the game, then, within 24 hours, said you weren't but just quitting the forum's, then came right back to the forums.

You said the forums are being ruined by me. I think I have a right to defend myself against such accusations. Considering two players who don't normally post here are currently posting, and considering that, despite saying you weren't going to post anymore but still are, I think this is proof enough that my actions are doing anything but harming these forums.

I'm sorry you feel that when another person backs their opinions with evidence and it is contrary to your own opinion, that you are being attacked in some way, rather than my defending myself against your attacks, but you're entitled to your opinion.

My initial responses in this forum were to answer your original question about why you weren't getting plus gear when other players were. I tried to clear up your confusion that only low levs get plus gear and show you that advanced level players also got plus gear and why players like you and I don't and answer your question.

You didn't like my answer and I became the one under attack, not you, just like I was put under attack when you said I was harming the forums. And the reason why is simply, you don't like my answers because they make sense and are contrary to your own view or wishes.

Now, let's really look at things here. The ONLY people who have any issue with me are those who's teams have had direct conflict with my own in the game. So let's be real here, shall we? Because frankly, while I disagree with what you have to say, I have no problems with you saying it, as long as it's truthful. On the other hand you have plenty of issue with me voicing a counter opinion and backing it up with legitimate arguments.

As far as ruining this forum goes, my reputation rating is a display of how often people like what I have to say. Have I censored you in any way using my moderator position? No. Have I penalized you in any way? No. In fact you have more freedom of speech these days than you did when I first joined HZ. I'm sorry you feel threatened by my exercising my own free speech as well.

Lastly, there have been 8 people contributing to this conversation, not 3 or 4 as you have stated. This is twice as many as you claim or better.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#62 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:21 AM

Hmmmm, hmmmm...

I think things are getting a bit more about the two of you having a personality conflict, and not enough about actually making suggestions about event prizes...

Both of you have points with which we can agree, and both of you have stated them, ad nauseum...

if this thread continues to be about suggestions, fine...

if, however, it runs on as a personality conflict between you two, it shall be closed, as nothing is being accomplished by that...

• King of Thieves likes this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#63 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

Pitcurajr, I am level 332

Another reason I think it is fair as is, is if everyone was awarded a + stat item, or the ability to add stat points to an existing item, everyone over the soft cap would have a big advantage over those below it. Our + stat item might last us weeks, or even a month while a lvl 60 would outgrow it in hours. While I understand that they will see upgrades before us, it still isn't fair because you seen the exact same thing leveling up pre-soft cap.

As I mentioned earlier, the rewards are really not the issue, it's the amount of time it takes to lvl. The longer it takes the longer it seems before an upgrade is available and there most often through the special missions because you are fighting a boss way above your lvl.

This last event you did not have to fight a boss, but the events in the past where you had to fight a villian boss you were rewarded a set item that gave a % stat increase, so in those cases it was a huge upgrade for everyone. If it is so important to see a + stat item from the special events, instead of giving us 10 sp's to train, knock it down to 8 and increase the stats on the item we get then. playing off the sp's, coin, and exp you are awardred for the special events is silly, it's huge increase in the strength of our toons.

Edited by Relentless, 03 September 2015 - 06:13 PM.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#64 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:57 AM

Just as when they had to make adjustments to leagues so that people had at least one winnable fight available, it should be the same for the prizes from the event.  We get other prizes outside of items already.  A +item is always going to be nice.  And if you put in the time, then there should be a way to give you a +item even if you are equipped beyond your level.

I know a good prize---give me a hammer for my sidekick that allows me to rearrange some stats or some abilities.

And I'm not even bothering with the whole "these are the facts" discussion anymore.  Because you guys won't listen that some of us don't care about the facts---we know them and we don't like them or at the least feel they can be improved upon.  All the rest of the fighting is just ego.  

Let's play nice nice in the sandbox you guys......this was a simple topic.  Shouldn't have gotten this heated.

I think everyone posting could give a valid opinion that would benefit the topic if the rest of the stuff can be laid aside.

• King of Thieves likes this

#65 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:52 AM

Just as when they had to make adjustments to leagues so that people had at least one winnable fight available, it should be the same for the prizes from the event.  We get other prizes outside of items already.  A +item is always going to be nice.  And if you put in the time, then there should be a way to give you a +item even if you are equipped beyond your level.

I know a good prize---give me a hammer for my sidekick that allows me to rearrange some stats or some abilities.

And I'm not even bothering with the whole "these are the facts" discussion anymore.  Because you guys won't listen that some of us don't care about the facts---we know them and we don't like them or at the least feel they can be improved upon.  All the rest of the fighting is just ego.  

Let's play nice nice in the sandbox you guys......this was a simple topic.  Shouldn't have gotten this heated.

I think everyone posting could give a valid opinion that would benefit the topic if the rest of the stuff can be laid aside.

With the exception of not caring about the facts and still thinking you deserve a + item, I like everything else you said. I like the idea of a hammer for sidekicks. We've all wanted something like that for ages. As far as playing nice goes, I wish we could. But some people will hound and harass others in the game and in the forums, then act like the victim. And I refuse to be set up like that. But I do agree with you on that. It would be nice if people could play nice or at least separate the forums, the game and real life. I disagree that we should all get a plus item, but again, your idea for a sidekick hammer is a great one, especially since it doesn't actually effect the mechanics of plus or minus gear. It doesn't effect the relativity of the individual player's situation. Something like this would be fair to everyone, since it effects everyone the same way. I would actually like to see such an item given out for more than just events. Good suggestion. For the record though, League was still pretty new when changes were made. So there were bound to be some needed tweaks. Events have been going on for some time.

[Edit]

I actually passed this suggestion up the line.

Edited by King of Thieves, 04 September 2015 - 09:39 AM.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#66 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

again....is EVENT...is an effort to make it...rewards should be ok for all...i didnt say for me...or high lvl....dont bother to write just to be against an idea...is simple:
EVENT = a lot of time spent that should be rewarded for any1 doing it...lvl 1 or lvl 400....you keep writting and writting against this idea...
you keep telling me people have overrated items for their lvl...they worked for them by lvling..doing special missions...now simple question...why some1 that dont make an effort at villains, special missions should get items on event better than the people that makes the effort...pls use few words not an entire page...thanks and Have Fun

all we saying is:
-people that play more should be rewarded...if a low lvl wanna compete should work harder..sp . missions. ..villain...events...but that doesnt mean a low lvl that do only event should have same reward as the1 before....also for high lvl...thanks and think about it and youll se we're right...

#67 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

piturcajr I have to agree with you.  I think the issue that is being raised is how are people getting items that are ranked beyond their level.  There are some who are buying it.  Like a Ghostbusters' suit for example.  Or throwing donuts at appropriate times.  But not everybody goes that route.  Some people earn their donuts.  Others just put in the time.  So saying that a person who has a Amphibian Suit for example is buying it---that is not necessarily true. 

But no matter how you got your higher ranking items, if you put in the time for an event you should be able to get a positive item.  So I do agree with you there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users