Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

Let's get down to the facts of this thread then, strip it right down to the bare bones. Do event items give - or + stat items BASED ON YOUR LVL? thoughts? 

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#42 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • World:US3
  • Character:grub

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:34 AM

This depends on ether you are a " Must give + item" or a " You have earned better gear all ready" 

But from your post, yes. Depending on the argument you want to use. Both hold true.

#43 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:15 AM

Based on your LEVEL, event gear is premium gear. Based on what your current gear is, it may still be negative gear if your current gear is rated for higher than your level. These are the facts. Are there ways to get gear that are rated for above your level and thus better than premium gear for your level? Yes. Does that mean when premium gear for your level is given out, it should be better than the gear you acquired that is for a higher rating than your level? No. After all, premium gear for my level 328 toon shouldn't be better than the premium gear I acquired from beating a level 360 boss. It wouldn't make sense if it was. Furthermore, if a player at level 328 got a plus item from an event that is still worse than my level 328 toon's gear that I got from a level 360 boss, then I have nothing to complain about. My gear is still better than his. Just because I got a negative item and he got a positive item doesn't change this. 

To make it more plain:

Let's say my level is X and so is my friend's.

He has a gadget rated for his level that has a total point value of Y.

I went and got a gadget from special missions by beating a boss that had a level of X+30, giving me a gadget of Y+60. 

An event happens and because of our levels, we get a premium gadget that is rated for level X and worth Y+15 points.

For him, his premium level X gadget is +15 points over his previous level X gadget.

For me my premium level X gadget is -45 points than my premium level X+30 gadget. 

That doesn't make my gear worse or punish me in any way. My gear I currently have is still better than my friend's who is at the same level despite that he got plus gear and I got negative gear. In fact, my gear is 45 points better. Hardly something to complain about.

We are both the same level. So why should his event gadget be rated for his level and mine be rated for 30 levels above me? That wouldn't be fair. It's fair the way it is. That I was able to acquire a better gadget elsewhere should have no bearing on the gadget given in the event. 

If people still think this isn't fair, the solution is for the game to get rid of special missions altogether.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#44 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

Ok, I'm going to try this once more, and Kot I have read your same post again. unnie already said this is a problem and he said he reported it, look above at his comment. Besides everyone has a stronger weapon and gadget for their level if they are playing the game.

So the topic was how to make it so we get plus items Here's my suggestion, for events win a socket that adds a plus 1-6 to any piece of gear you choose. The odds would just be luck how much it helped. Thoughts other ideas? Let's have fun suggesting ways they could award us for a weeks worth of work and stay fair. Please.

#45 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

And I keep reading you saying the same thing too. So I don't see how that's different. Why is it ok for you and others to keep saying the same thing, refusing to see the logic of what I'm explaining, and then it's some kind of issue that I reexplain that logic in a different format in an attempt to help you understand the system better, since my previous attempts kept seeming to fail?

As far as everyone having a stronger weapon and gadget goes, this isn't true. Otherwise players wouldn't get plus items in events. And players of ALL levels are getting plus items. The only ones who aren't getting plus items, like you and I for example, are those who are working on our game at a very extra high level of play, doing special missions at rapid pace. 

They do reward us. The gear is one small aspect of that reward.

If you want a fair solution, then there are two. Either get rid of special missions all together, or make event gear negate the value of special mission reward gear so everyone has gear rated for 30+ levels higher than they are. But then, it's likely people who do lots of special missions will feel cheated, and people like you and me will find the gap we've created by working hard all the time, rather than just during events, will see that gap close. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#46 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

How is it different? Let's see I make a suggestion for keeping the game fair and still have the events fun. Then you hijack it to tell me why it's the way it is now. I don't care how or why it is how it is. I want a fun chat about things they could offer to achieve this. Besides your points are not valid your forum boss agreed there's a problem and reported it.

So I repeat myself to try and get on topic , suggestions for the events.

I can suggest anything, I believe that the event should reward 1 million skill points just to me and no one else who completes it. See. Does not make it happen or fair. Please let the thread be suggestions. Yours could be it's fine leave it the way it is. 1 sentence.

#47 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

How am I hijacking it? Because I disagree with your assessment that it isn't fair? No. I'm simply doing as you are and voicing my opinion along with facts. And actually, the problem Unnie voiced is that some people don't like they are getting - equipment and he reported it, not that there was something wrong with the system. I actually read his report. I think it's very unreasonable that you think I should be limited to one sentence rather than a full explanation of my reasoning. Like you, I have an opinion. And like you, I will state it again and again. Just because you don't like that opinion is no reason for me not to voice it or back up that opinion. Your team leader's opinion was everyone who wants to compete should leave the server to you guys and go to another server. Now explain how we should take that. After all, those of us with differing opinions were labeled bullies for having a different opinion that we used facts to back. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#48 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

Everyone can see I tried, tried to stay on topic of suggestions for the events rewards. King of Thieves will not let it stay on topic, you read this. I walked away once, hoped I could come back and things would have calmed down but no you can not post here without king of thieves typing a hundred lines that adds nothing to the discussion. This is killing the foruns. Let us talk. Ideally a mod isn't heard from unless there's a problem.

Everyone look. I wanted to have a fun discussion of event rewards. Read this it's been made impossible.

#49 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

How am I not on topic? You walked away and came right back.That's not walking away. That's getting upset someone disagrees with you. And I've added plenty to the discussion. I explained why things are fair the way they are. You want to make things more fair. I've explained that you can't make things more fair than fair. And considering that this discussion has been the longest discussion in ages, it's hardly killing the forums. If anything, it's more lively than ever.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#50 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

The topic is suggestions for event rewards. I stayed away yesterday. I don't care if you agree or disagree I am not mad or upset. I would just like to stay on topic.

So here we go

What suggestions do people here have for event rewards.

Mine is the socket.

#51 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

My suggestion is things are great the way they are and should be kept as is. On topic with the current line of thought you're running with.

[EDIT]

And the actual topic was, according to your 1st post:

"I just completed the summer event had two negative 6 items and a negative 4 item to pick from, why can we not win good items? "

For which my entire conversation was "on topic".

I'm bringing sexy back!

#52 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

this is for Relentless. ...if i have or not gear over rated for my lvl is strrictly cause i did an effort for obtaining(time lost, many attacks on villain...etc...)....that shouldnt count on an event....i know..give some donuts...skills...dont care....i say would be nice if they could make the event harder but with a nice reward!...not all can afford buy a suit...or can do special missions everyday! this is the topic, time spent must be equal with the reward!
  • leapinglizard likes this

#53 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

Because this topic is for suggestions! Not how the game is. I only think for a event that takes hours to complete the game could come up with a way to reward all players who finish it. Despite the gear the have. Instead of weak gear how about a bonus where you can add 4 points to a single piece of gear. Or something.
I don't care how the game is setup... I wanted to share MY opinion and try to come up with suggestions... I just want to have fun and discuss possible other rewards you could win.

Yes and everyone addressed it, but this is under suggestions so I tried to clear things up above. Then I just restated what the suggestions are asking for.

#54 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

for King of Thieves.....i didnt say them to leave...omg.....my words was...threat equal old players and new players....dont try put me on a blacklight....is logically no1 can get my stats fairly while i have over 600 days ahead...but the events could make a difference..work hard for event get a better gear...i never said to leave some1 the server...please dont put words in my mouth!

#55 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

if i may say this...i am playing for over an year...me and all old players kept this server so would be nice to be rewarded at an event we spend hours and hours...just saying...they can make a new server for people want compete...they cant think a new player can ever beat us....is very easy to make server nicer...stop ignore old players for new ones..treat them equal...sorry for my bad english

"they can make a new server for people want compete...they cant think a new player can ever beat us."

Thanks for joining us, btw. Relentless rarely gets in here either. It's nice to see the forums more lively than ever. I just want to make that point so no one thinks anything is killing these forums.

I'm bringing sexy back!

#56 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

If you have an item rated higher than your lvl, then it is not time lost. You worked for an improvement, and were rewarded for it.

And as far as not everyone can afford a suit, I agree and that is why many people do get upgrades out of the shop, and for those people, great gear rewards from the special events, along with exp, coins and SP's.

Special missions. Everyone can do the special missions everyday. There is only a timer if you fail, and while waiting on that you continue with training and regular missions. No time wasted.

Attacking a villian is never time wasted, even if it fails you get exp and coins. If it is defeated you also gain an item and training points.

As it was stated earlier, doing the special events pretty much sync up with your daily routine anyhow, so it isn't really extra work. 

• King of Thieves likes this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#57 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

"they can make a new server for people want compete...they cant think a new player can ever beat us."

Thanks for joining us, btw. Relentless rarely gets in here either. It's nice to see the forums more lively than ever. I just want to make that point so no one thinks anything is killing these forums.

My opinion is wrong again. Great. I personally think people are not going to post when you have a mod jump in to tell you that your thoughts, feeling or opinions are wrong. 1 topic of 3 or 4 people arguing isn't a lively forum.

#58 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

king of... where you see word 'leave'?..yes...a new player cant compete...the server can still live if old players stay...there 660 days since server start...ofc new cant compete ...thats why the old players have to know they can get on top....i DIDNT SAY LEAVE....
For relentless.....iis EVENT...it suppose to be something different...different in a good way not bad...as an exemple they can put a +socket as reward that can improve one of your gear....you trying to say 'important is to participate not to win' ...this is a game that have a purpose..be the best and have fun....-gear cant make you best and ofc cant make you have fun!

#59 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

The last event was fun, different, and rewarding for me. I was rewarded with a +15 weapon, I got tons of exp, coins and skill points.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#60 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

what lvl you are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users