LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

Sorry, I play the game too.  When I play the game, and I have on either an Amphbian or an Ironic suit, I did not receive items with a positive stat bonus when I came in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.  Also, many times I wouldn't get a sidekick when other people in the top 10 did get a sidekick.  Figure that one out.   I actually get a worse item when I do hit number 1.  If I hit lets say number 6, I get better loot.  Go figure that one out too. 

Just shows that the game has its flaws. 

Now why on earth should I not be able to get a good item from special missions AND from the villain, the shop, etc etc.  If you put in the work you should benefit from your work.  

• grub and leapinglizard like this

#22 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • World:US2
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:36 AM

If you have recently gotten the same item from a previous villain, there is a variable to the stats. So if you got an amphibian belt a few days ago, it is possible you got it at the top end or near the top end of the variable. Then when you get an amphibian belt today, you might get one at the bottom end of the spectrum. However, if you level several times between wins, you will undoubtably get a better belt. Otherwise, there would be little difference between one player's gear's stats and another player who's level is far different. But this isn't the case. Your Ironic gear at your level and my Ironic gear at my level have very different stat totals.

Getting a sidekick is random. Sometimes you get one. Sometimes you don't. Getting one isn't a guarantee. It is an occasional lucky bonus. 

As stated before, the reason you don't get gear from the shop, etc., etc., etc., that is better than special mission gear is because the shop, etc., etc., etc., gear is rated for your level. The special mission rewards are rated for the level of the boss you fought.

For example, I am level 328. So gear I get from the shop, etc., etc., etc., is rated for a player level 328. The last special mission boss I fought was level 360. So the gear I got was rated for a player level 360. There's 32 levels between the gear I got off him and the gear that is rated for my level. That's a huge difference.

Now, while the gear I get from the store usually isn't + gear, except on the occasional 9 donut item, I still managed to get 3 plus gadgets and a plus weapon in less time than I spent to level up once, by doing special missions. Now, personally, I'm very happy that my gear I get is rated for over 30 levels than my actual level.

I'm sorry that this isn't good enough for you, but it is more than fair to have gear rated for that much higher than one's level. That the only source to acquire such over powered gear is only in the special missions isn't something to be upset about, but rather something to be thankful for. After all, if special missions weren't there, all gear one acquired would be rated for their level instead of, as in my case, 32 levels higher.

Now, at this point, I think I've explained things clearly enough and several times. If this isn't good enough and the extreme bonus one gets from doing special missions isn't good enough for you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Again, personally, I'm quite happy to have gear that is rated for 32 levels higher than my actual level is. I am also happy I was able to get a total of + 19 points over my previous over powered gear, in under 4 days. So for me, the glass is half full.

As far as gaining from putting in the work goes, I do benefit from putting in the work. I get better gear that is rated for way above my level by doing special missions.

[EDIT]

Little One, I just checked out your toon on US2. Your whole setup is League Gear. This gives you an additional 7% to your stats by having all 5 pieces. Amphibian gear and Ironic gear, as single pieces, aren't giving you the stat bonus, until you have 5 of those pieces equipped as well. So I really think you aren't factoring in the stat% bonus. If you take just the stat points acquired from a piece of gear and not the stat% bonus, and compare it to the newly won gear, then I think you'll discover the won gear will have more stat points. For example, your belt has 769 points BEFORE you include the additional 7% stat bonus it gives. Now look at the Ironic belt you win. Are the total stat points it has greater or less than 769? I bet it's higher. What you're not taking into account is the 7% stat bonus having a complete League set gives you. However, if you had a complete Ironic suit, then new Ironic pieces would indeed give you plus stats when equipped. 

Now, let's take my toon for example, since I don't know your base stats. Let's also assume that my Ironic suit is actually a League suit instead.

My suit has an average point total of 1011 each piece. My base stats total 11,547. With a 7% bonus, that adds 808 points that my suit gives me. Divide that by 4 for each piece of my suit beyond the 1st and each piece gives me an average 202 points on top of the 1011 that each piece already gives. 

Now, let's look at my latest piece of gear from a villain, which gives me 1033 points, w/o the 7% stat bonus. That is 22 points higher than my average piece of gear. But when you add in the 202 more stat points the 7% complete suit gives me per piece beyond the 1st, it puts my prize down by - 180 points. 

This is why your villain prizes are negative compared to your League suit. It isn't that they are actually negative. It's that you're not factoring that your prize doesn't yet include the 7% bonus as an individual piece that your complete League suit gives. 

When I get my next piece of villain gear, I'll show you with screen shots, what it is I'm talking about, if this still doesn't make sense to you.

Edited by King of Thieves, 01 September 2015 - 06:07 AM.

• Relentless likes this

I'm bringing sexy back!

#23 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:30 AM

I am not sure why some of you are having a hard time understanding this. Suits you buy, villian suits, and special mission items are rated higher than your lvl, so the items in the second hand shop will obviously not be better. If you want to see + stat items from the second hand shop, sell your bought/villain suits and the weapon/gadgets from the special mission and get your gear exclusively from the second hand shop. You should starting seeing + stat items on a regular basis.

• King of Thieves likes this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#24 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

Because this topic is for suggestions! Not how the game is. I only think for a event that takes hours to complete the game could come up with a way to reward all players who finish it. Despite the gear the have. Instead of weak gear how about a bonus where you can add 4 points to a single piece of gear. Or something.

I don't care how the game is setup or if you think it's fair. I wanted to share MY opinion and try to come up with suggestions but instead I get a couple of people who keep saying the same thing over and over. I know herozero, I know how and why it's that way. I don't agree with the concept of if you play the game well ie do all the special missions the game punishes you. I truly believe it's one of the reasons why the upper tier heroes tend to get bored and leave. So yes bought suits and special missions keep negative items appearing. I still say events are more rare and harder so you should get more from them. Oh goodness I recognize now they offer donuts and skill points which I do appreciate. I just want to have fun and discuss possible other rewards you could win.

#25 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

The game doesn't punish you for doing special missions. The bosses keep lvling as you do, so the chances of upgrading your items continue. I would guess that the majority of players do get upgrades from the special events. I personally was awarded a +15 weapon. That along with the donuts and SP's seems like a very fair reward. That is my opinion, as you are entitled to yours. This is a game that takes time to get stronger. The upgrades from what I have gathered, are pretty consistant since I started a year ago, and the only thing that has changed is the time it takes me to lvl to see those upgrades after the soft cap.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#26 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

Events do reward all players who finish them. They get free skill points, exp rewards, coin rewards, donuts and a piece of gear which may or may not be better than their current gear, depending on how strong their current gear is for their level.

How does getting better gear for doing special missions punish you? It doesn't punish you. If events give you a max stat piece of gear for your level, but you already have gear that is rated for higher than your level, how is this punishing you? It gave you a max stat piece of gear for your level just like it gave everyone else. 

Doing events missions isn't any harder than doing regular missions. On the last event, I had all my event missions done in 2 days. I had just leveled right after the event started, so I had an advantage, but event missions still usually only take me no more than 4 days. Other aspects, like doing training, aren't hard either. Events don't require you to do any more than is available to anyone. Things like using the washing machine are also well within reach of anyone and take no special effort. So truth be told, completing event requirements isn't really that difficult at all. It just takes a week for most people. But during that week, they still get all the same things they would doing missions, training, etc. as they would if there was no event. They just also get other rewards as a bonus.

As far as saying the same things over and over, I feel I've had to in order for those who seem to not understand or not want to understand to hopefully understand.

And for the record, even though I have a weapon from a special mission boss, I just got a plus 1 weapon as a regular mission drop. Granted, I leveled since I got that special missions weapon, but it's still a plus stat weapon and from a regular mission. This isn't a normal occurrence for a mission drop to exceed a special mission drop, but it does happen from time to time.

Personally, I disagree that not getting plus gear from events or as often is why top tier players retire. Most top tier players retire because they feel they've reached the top and instead of having another player to beat as their goal, they've become the player to beat. It isn't that they feel there's nothing left to do. It's that there's no more competition once they reach the top to drive them forward. They've reached their goals. I know I've reached all my goals except 1. When I reached the top of the game in other games and there was no one left to beat, I often retired too. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#27 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:26 PM

Goodness. I guess I will stop. I don't need 100 paragraphs of the same stuff. Forgive me for offering another view or something different into the forums. I will no longer post here in this forum. I am tired of the bullying. Yes in my opinion it is. I'm gone.

#28 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

Ok. Pointing out that the system isn't flawed isn't bullying. Calling someone names or something would be bullying, but that didn't happen here. The only thing that happened was a differing of opinion. Just as I stated my view and showed why I held my stance, so did you. Just like I stated that stance over and over, so did you. So there was no more bullying on one side of the argument than on the other. But you're entitled to your opinion on it. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#29 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

Here is the point.  Players have the right to voice their opinions on the prizes they receive.  I don't think the players represented in this thread are ignorant of how things work.  Please don't treat them as if they are. It's belittling their opinions and is rude.  All of them are good players who have been playing a long time.  What is being voiced is that we would like to not have to sell 90% of our items we win. 

• leapinglizard likes this

#30 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

I understand and completely encourage people to voice there opinions. All I am saying is the rewards from event's seem to be fair in my opinion, and I am fine with not having every piece of equipment, be it from a special event, shop item, or special mission be an upgrade. The fact is, upgrades are always available as you lvl, just that they are rated for your current lvl. I also understand that some people will have issues with how it works, but for the vast majority, I believe the items they recieve from these events are great upgrades.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#31 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Well when you say you don't know why people are having a hard time understanding this---look at the people you are talking about.  All seasoned players so far on this thread.  They know how the game works.  They are just trying to discuss what would be better options.  Also, discussing what they have experienced in the game.  No one opinion is more important or more valid than another.  Forum should be light hearted and fun folks.  Everyone should feel welcome to express their opinions as long as it is in within the guidelines.

#32 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

And everyone has expressed their opinions within the guidelines. But not everything stated are opinions. Some are facts. And when the facts aren't understood, then I for one will try to explain them better. The facts were explained. The facts were challenged. The facts were defended. These facts were mostly about whether or not high level players got upgrades in gear, as well as why they get upgrades for some things and not others. Now, what wouldn't be fair, imho, is that two different people with the same level get gear that is rated for different levels because one of them already has gear rated for a higher level, for doing the same thing. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#33 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:32 PM

if i may say this...i am playing for over an year...me and all old players kept this server so would be nice to be rewarded at an event we spend hours and hours...just saying...they can make a new server for people want compete...they cant think a new player can ever beat us....is very easy to make server nicer...stop ignore old players for new ones..treat them equal...sorry for my bad english

#34 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

How are they not being treated equal? And they did make a new server, US3. Some newer players preferred to stay in US2 because of the challenge it presented. Isn't a challenge and competition part of the fun of playing?

I'm bringing sexy back!

#35 piturcajr

piturcajr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

you said it earlier...under 250lvl you get +item...not over 250...and about competition...yes...but fair competition...why a 100lvl get a +item and me not???..

#36 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • Character:grub

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:49 PM

We have two sides. This is how I'm understanding this.

One wants a clear "+" item, especially for Special events. As you have worked all week and only see "-" item.

Other side to this is that due to the high level of Hero. The items you have are of the best you can get at your level due to searching every area. So the items you win from Special Event, due to High level Knowledge of finding the best Items, are actually a good item.

This is what I am getting from this.

#37 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Basically what I am seeing is some players over the soft cap, wants + stat gear even though they already have gear rated higher than there lvl, while most, and I do meant most player do upgrade from these special events. So why is is more important that you have + stat gear that is already higher than your lvl than someone that does not spend $ on this game and can not afford those benefits who do see upgrades from these events? This has basically become a thread of I am not happy with the upgrades that I am personally seeing, so change it to suit my needs thread... It's ridiculous. For the VAST, and I do mean VAST majority of the game what is happening, works. Do you honestly think that the entire game engine should be changed because of a few individuals? I have been playing this game for 1 year, and have made incredible gains on the top players of the server. It was not because of whining, or saying this needs to be changed, it was because I put in the TIME to make sure I used ALL refreshed of energy, TRAINED every point I could and took advantage of all of the SPECIAL MISSIONS and HEROIC DEEDS that were offered me. IN MY OPINION, play the game as it was intended, and don't start whining because a few individuals are gaining on you. I assure you I AM gaining on you, because I am taking advantage of ALL of the resources available to me instead of focusing of special event equipment that do not give me a + stat item.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#38 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

This is an opinion thread.   Fact or no fact---we are still sharing our opinions on the subject.  The only thing that was ever challenged was the belittling of the opinions of seasoned players on the matter.  I think mods are suppose to prevent that from occurring not take part in it.

#39 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

Actually, you were the only one to bring up belittling of anyone, which I have not done, except in your own mind maybe... i'm not sure, so please try to forgive me. Let's get down to the facts of this thread then, strip it right down to the bare bones. Do event items give - or + stat items BASED ON YOUR LVL? thoughts? Please forgive me if I have offended anyone with my opinion, as everyone else here was entitled to there opinion as well. As much as anyone might think I am trying to start an argument, I am not. In my experience when playing, if I had not benefited from a special event if was because I had a better weapon/gadget or whatever from a special mission from a boss that was way, way higher lvl than me. So, was the item I received from the special event rated below my lvl, or was the current lvl of the item I was wearing rating above my lvl? Again, I am really trying not to offend anyone, and I just want to get through any misunderstandings.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#40 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • Character:grub

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

I just completed the summer event had two negative 6 items and a negative 4 item to pick from, why can we not win good items?

This is the original question to start the thread. Just a reminder.

Please hear the opinions, and stay on topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users