• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Team:Double Zero
  • World:US3
  • Character:grub

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

It has been my experience posts in team chat can get risque, and that is fine. Then there comes a time that something is posted that is down right rude and offensive. Have kicked several members for this, but the post is still there to be viewed. 

I as team leader should be able to delete that post. That option is held here in Forum by the Moderators. It should be extended to Team leaders as well.

IE:

A player was asking members for e-mail addresses and even home phone numbers. A player did give it. Now it sat in posts for all to see. I had no way of deleting this. I reported the player asking, and short investigation latter he was deleted(hopefully banned).

I have other examples but I think you get the point.

This is a tool that is sorely needed.

Thanks

grub :)))

• PostmodernPugilist, Windwalker1971, leapinglizard and 5 others like this

#2 Peabody1

Peabody1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Character:Peabody1

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:00 AM

i also think advisors should be allowed to delete certain posts since the team leader isn't always online!

• grub and Viv like this

#3 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

i also think advisors should be allowed to delete certain posts since the team leader isn't always online!

Maybe the same way advisers can kick members but not advisers.

• Peabody1 and Viv like this

#4 Viv

Viv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Character:Viv

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:17 AM

Maybe the same way advisers can kick members but not advisers.

This would be extremely helpful! Had a player accidentally display personal information in group chat instead of personal. So being able to delete would be great.

• grub likes this

#5 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWherever the wind brings me.
  • Character:SuperSamSam[deleted]

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:24 AM

Trouble is, I doubt it's the solution. 

They will find other ways, like sending a private message. 

Also,  if someone share their information willingly and aware of the consequences, you can't do much about it. 

Recklessly sharing personal data in a place with , most of the time, strangers to see isn't quite wise.

I know it sounds like an awful thing to say, but that is the reality. No one forces your hand, acts have consequences. 

Now, I understand that you worry for the person's safety.

What I would do  is spam the chat with a lot of gibberish ( Every day chat actually ) , until I'm certain the information is totally hidden. 

It would take 5 minutes at the most, but if you're really worried, I think it's worth your while. 

Concerning Viv's post, happens all the time.. maybe too much  :P

Mistakes happen, and when they do, I just make up something  :rolleyes: , or write gibberish.  :P

The life of a Sam is only a succession of awkward moments. Like this one right here, I have no idea how to finish this statement. Thus, I'm just going to stop right here. :)

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

"Wrap your troubles in dreams, and dream your troubles away." - Kermit Ruffins.

Be nice to one another, you don't know who is behind the screen.If you take anything I say online seriously ... you should see someone.You are here to have fun, right ? So start having fun ...

---

#6 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

I did spam the chat room with gibberish and it was still able to be viewed. Also, you need to remember, very young people play this game and a link can be posted that is very inappropriate. The jerk who posted it doesn't care, I DO!! I should be able to take it down.

#7 Viv

Viv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:44 AM

I want to be able to protect the privacy of players. Especially our younger team members, who don't need every one seeing their personal Facebook page because they stupidly put it in public chat.

Yes mistakes do happen, but why shouldn't we be be able to fix them?

• grub and Peabody1 like this

#8 SuperSamSam

SuperSamSam

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWherever the wind brings me.
  • Character:SuperSamSam[deleted]

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:17 AM

I'm not saying we shouldn't be able to fix them, I am giving options. Since the issue is present, at the moment. 

Grub, I am truly sorry for whatever happened in your chat room. Still, we should all remember that censorship can be good and bad. 

What I can see in the future is a lot of team leader and advisors who can't deal with people questioning their opinions, censuring it all. 

I guess, a silent chat is better than a chat filled with litter. Also, jerks , to quote you, like that always find their way.

Kicking him out was the right thing to do. I constantly remind my teammates to keep their information near them.

I am what I think you would consider as a young player, and I know where to draw the line.

My post wasn't against the motion, I'm just assigning to each his own responsibility.

"One chooses to post, what he posts online" and " They will continue " was the message. 

• Viv likes this

The life of a Sam is only a succession of awkward moments. Like this one right here, I have no idea how to finish this statement. Thus, I'm just going to stop right here. :)

IMG_0817-0-250x140.jpg

"Wrap your troubles in dreams, and dream your troubles away." - Kermit Ruffins.

Be nice to one another, you don't know who is behind the screen.If you take anything I say online seriously ... you should see someone.You are here to have fun, right ? So start having fun ...

---

#9 Xofox

Xofox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:24 AM

Great idea, I second it.

#10 PolSol

PolSol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

I agree with Grub that team leaders should have the ability to delete team chat.

It also would be good if advisors had this ability

• grub likes this

#11 Viv

Viv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

I'm not saying we shouldn't be able to fix them, I am giving options. Since the issue is present, at the moment. 

Grub, I am truly sorry for whatever happened in your chat room. Still, we should all remember that censorship can be good and bad. 

What I can see in the future is a lot of team leader and advisors who can't deal with people questioning their opinions, censuring it all. 

I guess, a silent chat is better than a chat filled with litter. Also, jerks , to quote you, like that always find their way.

Kicking him out was the right thing to do. I constantly remind my teammates to keep their information near them.

I am what I think you would consider as a young player, and I know where to draw the line.

My post wasn't against the motion, I'm just assigning to each his own responsibility.

"One chooses to post, what he posts online" and " They will continue " was the message. 

Maybe it has to be agreed by a leader and advisor, or two advisors?

I understand what you are talking about censorship, where does it cross the line

#12 grub

grub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

I agree with Grub that team leaders should have the ability to delete team chat.

It also would be good if advisors had this ability

Same way an advisor can not kick another advisor, but can kick a member from team. Advisors can't delete other advisors posts

but can members

#13 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

Brilliant idea. Needs to be part of the game like last week.
  • grub and Peabody1 like this

#14 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:02 AM

Leaders and advisors should be able to delete chat.  If it is abused by leaders and advisors---you can send in a support ticket for it to be looked into.

Some times you get people joining who just want to cause trouble in chat as well.  That stuff can be handled very quickly by kicking the person and then deleting what caused the problem.

• grub and Viv like this

#15 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

A test of 60 lines of spam, just now did not clear the chat. Then I quoted some existential poets, but everything was still there-- Until the room was refreshed that is.  So spamming will work but the room has to be refreshed.  

I would say that the ability to clear may not be a good idea for everyone on the team, perhaps? If your team is a good one, chatwise and all adults, you probably don't need it at all. But I can see where someone could post something just to upset someone else  then delete it right away. So "Chat monitor" might be a privilege bestowed on certain members only by the leader. 

• PostmodernPugilist and LittleOne like this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#16 starknerd

starknerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKissimmee, Florida
  • Team:Shakespeares Revival
  • Character:Dogberry

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

Not sure of the feasibility of this in regard to security (handing out hundreds of limited Admin rights to a chat portals on their servers) but if they can code for that then I'm all for it.    

I have had NO issues whatsoever but that's as a leader.  When I was a member of a different team, I would have liked to see the leader have that kind of control and who knows what the future might bring.

Love and Joy, all year 'round,

Dogberry

#17 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

The amount of content in all team chatrooms on all servers would be so great, that I'm quite certain that this wouldn't even be possible to do without larger resources. That's my guess. 

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

#18 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

I think at the very least giving that option to leaders would be helper.  The problem would be in policing the leaders.

#19 Windwalker1971

Windwalker1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Team:Rowdy Rebels
  • World:US8
  • Character:Windwalker

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

I think having the capability to delete chat posts is a great idea. I personally would have loved to have had the ability more than once when arguments broke out in our team chat over politics or religion! The situation may have been able to be defused if this function had been available. 

#20 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

I agree w/ the option, though we've never had a need to use it. We've only ever had a couple problem teammates and they aren't with us anymore. I guess we've just been lucky like that. But I completely see where it could be an issue and would be a good option for some.

I'm bringing sexy back!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Team leader, chat room, deleting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users