• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Awewenu

Awewenu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

WTF the last 4 battles have been 2500-20000 in the red. Why would I want to do this when i spend donuts and free change opponent and still get ppl in the red. It is a waste of my time and resources to even bother, also go from 120 to 10 in a night. 4 freaking battles WTF is that? So as near free player I getting screwed because i'm not spending enough money to keep changing players so I can find someone that is not 1200 or more stats then I am. Good way to make people not want to play this game. recap 8 x's haven't had a person within 1200 stats points of me. So I have to lose so I can get more people to lose to. 

• Rakib likes this

#2 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationYe Olde Worlde England
  • World:US2

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

ready to start my league fights in a new week ... and hoping the devs have sorted at least a few of the many issues 

1st selection all gave ZERO points ... used the free change selection ... three more heroes ALL zero points again ... paid donuts to change ... three more heroes ALL zero points ... paid yet more donuts to change ... 2 ZERO points and one poor little level 91 hero with under 2k skill levels ... 

As a level 326 hero with skill levels averaging 8.5k I simply will not abuse a low level hero like that ... if I tried to duel him in the 'normal' game it would tell me I am far too superior and no honor would be exchanged ... so HOW .... HOW is it fair for me to bash up a relative newbie to the game ... if that happened to me I think I would give up and find a more fair game to play 

Yesterday a slightly higher level hero than myself walloped me and took 18 ... yes EIGHTEEN points from me ... yet I had the hero in a selection just a couple of hours before and although it would be impossible for me to beat him ... I would only have gotten TWO points ... 

So you get 18 for hitting a weaker hero ... and just 2 in return for hitting them back (should you be lucky enough to win) .. will someone PLEASE explain to me how the duel point rules work ... 

Because if this is going to be the norm ... then I may as well give up now ... delete my hero ... I could save hours of time daily and save a bundle of money on donuts too ... (and that's LESS money for the developers)

This cockeyed ill thought out league is rapidly RUINING the game ... Hero Zero as well all knew it and loved it is on a swift path to obscurity with no heroes left to pay and play ... 

• Rakib likes this

#3 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Team:The Pooh Tang Clan
  • World:US1

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Patootie it will take time for all current high level/stat players to find a baseline within the league system. This was probably his/her first experience in the system and unfortunately for you he/she had you in his/her sights. I'd imagine this will take at least 1 solid month for a baseline to be established and then I believe the Devs could change, improve or remove to improve the system.

It will take time and these cases will occur very often as this type of system would best be first implemented on the start of a brand new server. Introducing this into an existing established server will throw up problems and enrage users who don't like how it's currently playing out.

• Rakib likes this

#4 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

It would be nice if someone can confirm but I gather that when you lose by 18 points I don't think they really gain 18 points. It took me 20 battles to gain 80 points yesterday and 6 losses from attacks to lose that many. If a season is one week and we started a new one today why were no prizes awarded or was it never intended to have prizes awarded . this whole system is very confusing and very little information has been released about it.

@ Cannonman I applaud your patience..however the same thing could have been done to help speed up the base line process you keep speaking of by initially separating by level in to divisions with this type of system. say level 1-25, 26-100, 101-200, 201-300, 300-425. This is just an example you may have to change them based on the actual amount of players that fall in to those div.I am not sure what you are basing your assumptions on unless you have inside information. If you do please share of point to where this information is available.   

• Ansane, Rakib and patootie like this

#5 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

I believe the system works the same way dueling does; In that you don't lose the same quantity of points the winner receives. I also recall that when It first started everyone had 0 points and it said win +11 lose -8; or something alike.

• Rakib likes this

#6 Rakib

Rakib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDhaka,Bangladesh
  • Team:Against All Odds
  • Character:Rakib

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

at this rate most player gonna do the same

I've already recieved  some mail from some of my friends who said this League battle system is very bad

most of the time I find way stronger hero then me in challenger list and I use donuts to change yet so back again . strong opponents. like dueling I can't find good challengers whom we evenly match , and recently I found a level 78 hero with 119 points in my list and others are far stronger then me whom I'll sure gonna lose. come on I m level 256 and only good pick I get is that level 78? is that even fair battle for that hero? after spending hours and donuts we collect barely some points and after some hours break when I log in back I c I lost plenty of points which will gonna take so many time or will cost so many donuts to regain . and whom I lost ...... some opponents whom are far stronger then me , who would never duel me in honor fight cause they're already far ahead in honor ratings  then me

• Jiohny and patootie like this

#7 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

Rakib makes quite a few very valid points there ... we seem to only be able to gain a few points from each duel ... yet loose HEAPS of points when someone else challenges us ... really not sure how that can work ... 

When I first started this game 1 year ago ... just one year later ... we have gone from 17k+ active heroes in the weekly honor tournament to just 2k last week ... I will be looking to see just how many are in the game at the end of this week ... as we cannot afford to lose any more players ... 

• Rakib likes this

#8 Ansane

Ansane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

[..] however the same thing could have been done to help speed up the base line process you keep speaking of by initially separating by level in to divisions with this type of system. say level 1-25, 26-100, 101-200, 201-300, 300-425. This is just an example you may have to change them based on the actual amount of players that fall in to those div.I am not sure what you are basing your assumptions on unless you have inside information. If you do please share of point to where this information is available.   

and 

at this rate most player gonna do the same

I've already recieved  some mail from some of my friends who said this League battle system is very bad

most of the time I find way stronger hero then me in challenger list and I use donuts to change yet so back again . strong opponents. like dueling I can't find good challengers whom we evenly match , and recently I found a level 78 hero with 119 points in my list and others are far stronger then me whom I'll sure gonna lose. come on I m level 256 and only good pick I get is that level 78? is that even fair battle for that hero? after spending hours and donuts we collect barely some points and after some hours break when I log in back I c I lost plenty of points which will gonna take so many time or will cost so many donuts to regain . and whom I lost ...... some opponents whom are far stronger then me , who would never duel me in honor fight cause they're already far ahead in honor ratings  then me

are both comments that should be considered. I can see that it is very frustrating to lose a lot of points to players that are far superior in terms of lvl. It is even worse when such players have not participated in the tournament before and are just randomly given opponents that are more than 100 lvls behind. When they attack and (most likely) defeat you, you will lose a lot of points to someone you just can't beat. 

• Rakib and patootie like this

#9 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Team:Villian's Inc.
  • Character:Strykz

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:01 PM

This is just King of the Hill. There is nothing that separates divisions, just a stat bonus based on your league points the way it is set up. It needs to be set up where you actually have divisions, based on lvl, league points or whatever. As it is now, it does nothing but cause frustration and despair for all but the top 10 strongest players. This will for surely prevent new players from wanting to play, because they will be able to tell early on that it is hopeless to even try, and cause long term players to just give up.

• Rakib likes this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#10 Rakib

Rakib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDhaka,Bangladesh
  • Team:Against All Odds
  • Character:Rakib

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

U better change ur name Relentless to Wrathful buddy. well said  ..... That's what Miss Toots ( Patootie ) and I wanted to explain

we old players already upset about the system and new players will gonna be like  whoa!! this game , we'll never gonna make it  :(

• patootie likes this

#11 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Another issue that needs to be addressed ASAP is the donuts needed for this aspect of the game. The amount of donuts needed for lower lvl's compared to the top lvl's is insane. I realize that this is a completely voluntary event, but it should be fair for ALL lvl's. The strong player's have to cycle though the choices way less that the lower lvl's because this event is basically one big division. One of the top 10 player's can just attack whoever comes up on there screen, and will eventually make constant gains to the top. Granted it might be slow hitting 2 point target's, but they will get there. The lower lvl's might have to spend 100 donut's just to get a target they can beat in bronze 3, because they constantly get get choices that have 20k more stat points than them. It just seems like there are so many flaw's, that alot more thought should have gone into this before releasing it, already causing so many players frustration and resentment towards the game.

• Ansane, PostmodernPugilist and patootie like this

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#12 Cannonman

Cannonman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:53 AM

It would be nice if someone can confirm but I gather that when you lose by 18 points I don't think they really gain 18 points. It took me 20 battles to gain 80 points yesterday and 6 losses from attacks to lose that many. If a season is one week and we started a new one today why were no prizes awarded or was it never intended to have prizes awarded . this whole system is very confusing and very little information has been released about it.

@ Cannonman I applaud your patience..however the same thing could have been done to help speed up the base line process you keep speaking of by initially separating by level in to divisions with this type of system. say level 1-25, 26-100, 101-200, 201-300, 300-425. This is just an example you may have to change them based on the actual amount of players that fall in to those div.I am not sure what you are basing your assumptions on unless you have inside information. If you do please share of point to where this information is available.   

I'm not sure what information you are questioning? 

If you think about it logically; if you could for just one moment... Why would they develop additional content for a brand new system that hasn't been tested within a pre-existing environment? The system may or may not require it; or something completely different may be required. I think 1 month would be adequate to see exactly where the system stands; the flaws, the improvements and the terrible.

"A" range is exactly what is required to keep both ends of the scale happy; for those who are new and for those experience players. However how can the development team be expected to not only predict the outcome, but flick a switch immediately to resolve it? The system currently favors those who are strong; simply put that the stronger you are the less competition you will have. So of course there is a larger majority of users who are weak VS those who are strong.

Just to clarify... I have no inside knowledge; I don't portray that I do; I simply voice my opinion based on logic and being realistic at the same time. You do not have to agree with what I voice... however if you too sit back and evaluate the situation you will come to a similar verdict.

#13 Zero

Zero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

I think the league system needs to be fixed similar to the duels system, where you only have opponents who have either similar stats, league points or both. If it were set up that way, then nobody would complain. As it stands right now, the opponent list is 100% random and most of the time you'll get all three opponents that are not even close to you.

#14 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:53 AM

If you think about it logically; if you could for just one moment... Why would they develop additional content for a brand new system that hasn't been tested within a pre-existing environment? The system may or may not require it; or something completely different may be required. I think 1 month would be adequate to see exactly where the system stands; the flaws, the improvements and the terrible.

"A" range is exactly what is required to keep both ends of the scale happy; for those who are new and for those experience players. However how can the development team be expected to not only predict the outcome, but flick a switch immediately to resolve it? The system currently favors those who are strong; simply put that the stronger you are the less competition you will have. So of course there is a larger majority of users who are weak VS those who are strong.

Just to clarify... I have no inside knowledge; I don't portray that I do; I simply voice my opinion based on logic and being realistic at the same time. You do not have to agree with what I voice... however if you too sit back and evaluate the situation you will come to a similar verdict.

Well logic tells me they could have avoided all this by putting in divisions separated by levels to keep level 5s from getting frustrated ect. I have seen this work before it is not rocket science In what logical world would it make sense to pair a level 5 against a level 250.  Divisions saved 'another game' and revived it for a few years. 

• Ansane and Relentless like this

#15 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

Just to clarify... I have no inside knowledge; I don't portray that I do; I simply voice my opinion based on logic and being realistic at the same time. You do not have to agree with what I voice... however if you too sit back and evaluate the situation you will come to a similar vervidt.

If this was tested in a pre-exsisting environment, it seems to be tested for the maximum benefit of the strongest players.

Strykz

Relentless SHC

#16 Zero

Zero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

Does the league reset every week, or just when it's updated? Because it gets really annoying working hard trying to increase your rank just to have it start over.

#17 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

Does the league reset every week, or just when it's updated? Because it gets really annoying working hard trying to increase your rank just to have it start over.

no it doesnt but I wish it did because it isnt really fair with one team in champion spot

#18 CrossBones

CrossBones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

no it doesnt but I wish it did because it isnt really fair with one team in champion spot

I find this odd. there are lots of things frustrating about leagues ..the fact that you can be hit 20 times by the same person in one day if they want to spend enough donuts. the fact that level 5's are competing against level 320's to reach championship league(should be set up in to divisions) the fact you only get one free opponent change ....I can go on and on...but how would resetting each week prevent one team from having more champions than another please explain your logic on this ..I am very curious how you added two and two together and came up with fish.......LMAO

• leapinglizard likes this

#19 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:43 PM

I honestly dont know its just rather annoying seeing almost 5 people in the same team in the champion league

#20 patootie

patootie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hugs CuteKitten ... You just need to keep doing as you are doing, keep your hero growing stronger, do all the training daily, complete your missions and special missions ... 

Realistically this league is biased towards the strong getting even stronger ... and making the gap between highest levels and lower levels seem even bigger ... I can tell you it takes time to get to those high levels ... a lot of work ... many hours of play ... but if you just keep going you will be there at the top of the hero ratings ... in the top leagues ... you can and will do it ... 

Let you into a little 'secret' the heroes in the top teams are there because they were determined to get to the top, did all the daily stuff, spending six, or more, hours daily playing the game ... we all started at the bottom .. we passed by many folks who began the game before us because we just kept going every single day ... with the same effort you can get to where we all are now .. looking forwards to seeing you joining a top team one day ... :O)))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users