Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

Hi Heroes!

Just something I have been noticing.  Being that we have players from all over the globe, sometimes sign ins to fights can get difficult.  The fights can be manipulated to where you do not have 24 hours to sign in.  You can get a 10  hour sign in window for example.

Since this practice seems to give an unfair advantage that has nothing to do with the team's strength, I would like to suggest a 24 hour fight window.  You cannot attack a team within 24 hours of their last defense.  I think this would be a fair practice.  So if my team's last defense was at 3 pm today, there wouldn't be a time option before that 3 pm time for the next day.

Thanks for your consideration

Priscilla

#2 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

If both teams have the option of doing it how does it give one team an unfair advantage over the other? It just means you need to be more vigilante. If you are playing in the top leagues, you are no doubt logging in a couple of times a day anyway. Signing up for a fight just means logging into the game and checking in chat. About a minute of your time. 

• Doof likes this
“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#3 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

Some people do have other activities in their lives like work and school and families.  They should have 24 hours to log in for fights.  These types of parameters are set up in other ways for the fights to ensure fair play.  Teams set these fights like this hoping to not allow enough time for the defending team to have a good team sign in.  Hence, the fight is about an unfair advantage and not about who is the better team.  I think it is kind of funny that anyone would argue against allowing a fair time for teams to sign in to fights.  I'm not afraid of a defending team signing all of their team in.  I don't need that type of tactic to win a match.  My team is strong and can fight fair fights and still win.  Giving everyone a fair amount of time to sign in for fights benefits the whole server.  Not just one or two teams. 

#4 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:11 AM

It is not like they can attack you every 4 hours. When you have one or two teams that monopolize a server, sometimes strategy is all you have to win the day. If you are out -powered sometimes you gotta outsmart your opponent. 

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#5 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

Well that kind of play is designed for people who play the game for half the day.  The reality is not everyone has that kind of time to be online.  So it's not about outsmarting people any more either.  Because everyone knows the tactic.  It's about getting 30 people to keep checking for fights to sign in on through out the day.  It's not a fair play tactic.  And there are easy ways to correct it.  AND correcting it benefits the whole server.

#6 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationThe Space Galleon S.S. Nemesis
  • Team:Villains Inc.
  • Character:I may be a villain, but at least I'm honest.

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

Sometimes it is though Littleone. Manipulating trophies, your's and your opponent's, is a tactic. Psychology is another tactic, like buttering up your opponent or the opposite, driving them to lose their cool. Alliances are tactics. Espionage is a tactic. There's even some dirty tactics out there. At the top levels, all these and possibly more are tactics needed to be successful in "outsmarting" an opponent. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#7 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

King of Thieves---Sugar Rush never had to use that particular tactic to win trophies or gain rank.  You can be in the top 3 without it. The money spenders tend to have jobs and a life.  Gotta keep the game user friendly.  I don't turn my nose down at strategies.  But I do think keeping it user friendly---meaning you don't have to be online 24/7 will keep the money spenders enjoying the game.  If you aren't even given 1 day to sign in---that isn't fair play.   There are LOTS of things in the game that are not fair play.  But this particular thing is very simple to correct.

There are lots of tactics that people think you "have to" do to be number 1.  Sugar Rush has ALWAYS played a fair game.  There are fair tactics, unfair tactics, and down right deceptive and dirty tactics.  A good team plays fair and wins.  A lacking team uses unfair tactics and the down right deceptive and dirty tactics to try and gain an upper hand.  If a team is lacking and doesn't want to put in the work it takes to get stronger, then I can see their need for the unfair tactics.  My only issue is unfair practices.  Strategize to your hearts content.  Just make sure the game is fair for everyone.

I don't have to win that bad that I have to support an unfair practice.  But that's just me.

#8 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

If all options are made available to all players, then it is fair. We joined our server late in the game and have made it to number 1 and are currently number 2, by using and improving upon strategies we saw the top teams use. I for one work. I own my own business and have a family. I can't be on all the time nor do I want to be. But by using certain tactics and knowledge gleaned through conversation with other players and teams, I'm able to budget my time accordingly. If for some reason I'm not able to make it into the game when needed, that's why I have advisers/officers. There have been weeks at a time when I let others run the team simply because personal life prevented me from doing so. I think that's really the biggest key, having a team that works well together and cares about the team as a whole rather than themselves. Much of my crew came here from another game and have been playing together for 5 or so years. Another section of my team has also played together for some time before joining us.  So there's a lot of trust and teamwork in our ranks. Do I risk losing my team when I put someone else in charge? Sure. But knowing my players as well as I do, I know that's not going to happen. Everyone on my team puts the team before their selves, myself included. As such, we cover all angles as a team rather than a group of individuals. This was something I learned in soccer when my team was made up of some good players but no real superstars. Still we were the team to beat because we worked as a team to overcome the superior skills of players on other teams. To be honest, I get a lot of credit for leading my team to the successes we've achieved, but the truth is I'm just the head cheerleader and they all just make me look good by working as a solid unit. When one drops the ball, another picks it up. And that's really the key. Assign and delegate responsibilities to your advisers. Make everyone know they EACH and ALL have the responsibility to do their part to make the team a success. Teach them to cover not just their own rears, but each other's too. From time to time, everyone's gonna screw up. But by getting them to make a conscious effort to not just watch out for themselves but each other and the team, you create an environment where those mess ups have minimal effect on the team as a whole. But make them believe they are part of something to achieve this. I blame myself as much as anyone else when we screw up. I cheer each player on when they have a success and get everyone I can to help each other achieve not just team goals, but individual goals as well. When you know your team has your back, you'll have each of their's as well. This is nothing but a win win. For example, when someone is trying to reach an honor achievement in heroic deeds and the whole team drops honor on that player so they can get that extra 6 sp, that person is totally stoked and will return the favor 10x. Pretty soon, you have a whole team of players doing anything and everything they can to help each other. And when that happens, you not only have a real team, you have a family. 

I'm bringing sexy back!

#9 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

Well I wouldn't say that is the norm.  I don't even think that  Hero Zero recommends that you give a team mate your log in info so that they can sign in for you.  Trust or not, it is only asking for trouble. 

It is an awesome thing that you guys have worked hard for your successes.  But I don't see how giving 1 day for people to sign in for a fight is asking too much.

• leapinglizard likes this

#10 King of Thieves

King of Thieves

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Who said anything about log in info? I said ran the team. It only takes a couple minutes a day to log in. And you usually have a good half a day or better to log in for a fight. This can be done through most cell phones if needed, or even at a public library. From my experience, people have plenty of time before they have to log in to a fight. If someone hasn't logged in, I generally have their facebook identity, which they can also access through a phone, and/or their actual phone number. We rarely have issues w/ players not logging in. When this happens, we usually know well in advance they won't be able to log in as they inform us that they are camping and will have no cell or wi-fi service. During these times, we can pick our fights accordingly or have allies sub in while they are away from game. There really are lots of options available and giving someone your login info isn't needed at all.

"Do I risk losing my team when I put someone else in charge? Sure. But knowing my players as well as I do, I know that's not going to happen."

See? Nothing about handing over my toon. Just handing over my team. (I would NEVER hand over my toon. I'm much to jealous and suspicious for this. I have entirely to many haters to fully trust anyone when it comes to my toon. I have made my toon infamous as a villain across many formats.) I'm sure Leaping Lizard can inform you there was a period of almost 2 weeks where someone else was leading the team other than me. Even then it isn't needed to hand over the team unless you employ certain tactics for dumping trophies. Your advisers can still pick fights w/o their leader present. But since we do employ trophy dumping tactics and I was only going to be able to get on minimally for a 2 week stretch, it was best for me to hand off the team to a trusted adviser so she could do what was necessary to successfully run our trophy dropping strategies when needed.

Now, due to our long time gaming together in other competitive formats, we have a lot of tricks up our sleeves. But I'm not going to give away all our secrets and our edges. Knowing each other's phone numbers is a big one I've told you already. One thing I learned from poker is the more edges you have than your opponents, the more advantage you have. But there are several teams from our old game that know several of our edges, though not all of them. So I'm sure if you ask around, you might glean a few. I will give you one though. Facebook is your friend....................

I'm bringing sexy back!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Team Fights, Fair, Unfair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users