LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

Well, I think that anytime a disciplinary action is taken against you, that it should be explained fully to you. 

1==It should be explained before the action is taken.

2==There should be facts to back it up.

3==You should be given the opportunity to bring up facts to defend yourself.

By now, I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about multiple accounts.  But the fact is, if they were allowed, hey, then it would be fair play.  Right now they aren't allowed, so they aren't fair play.  It is that simple people.  I just hope everyone is being treated fairly. 

• Boobear likes this

#42 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • World:US2

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

I'm just saying this right now so I can be honest. I have two accounts...BUT...They are on different teams and dont work together. I am also being fair where I have one not as a leader of a team. The other one is a leader of a team. I am not causing any problems I promise you that.

#43 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

The report was received. Checks were made by a senior member of staff and the bans were issued because multi-accounts were discovered after the checks had been made. Accounts are not suspended merely on the say-so of another player. 

We do understand that this will be a stressful and difficult time for you, but multi-accounting is a breach of the rules and when you sign up to play the game you agree to abide by those rules. 

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#44 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:27 PM

Even though they arent causing problems? A few people that got banned dont have double accounts. Someone that I talk to got very upset that she got banned for doing nothing wrong. She only had one account.

#45 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

This is really how it should be looked out.  If you decided to not play by the rules, while others you are playing with decide to play by the rules, then the game now is unfair.   Everyone has to play by the rules, or else they need to change the rules. 

And yes, it would be a shame for a person to be penalized if they hadn't broken the rules.  But I think what is going on, is that people are playing in a hateful fashion, being called on it---and then retaliating.  I hope the admin recognizes that and doesn't play into any revenge tactics.  I told my team the other day that the reason I don't like alliances is because it seems to bring out the rabid foaming at the mouth dog in people.  The game is suppose to be fun.  They aren't suppose to provide a psychiatrist to us to help us with our psycho tendencies.  We should police ourselves.  Be nice people.  I think the opposing parties should call a truce.  Find a common ground.  Still play the game (attacks are part of the game).  But gain some self control on the vendettas. 

#46 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

I never knew there was a rule about making another account till a month ago. I mostly made the second account to get donuts. I was going to get rid of the account but I decided to keep it. I'm not causing any problems I promise you that.

#47 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:43 PM

I never knew there was a rule about making another account till a month ago. I mostly made the second account to get donuts. I was going to get rid of the account but I decided to keep it. I'm not causing any problems I promise you that.

You made a second account to get donuts. That gives you an edge on the player who has a single account. The aim of the no multis rule is to prevent players getting an unfair edge on other players. 

The point of the no-multis rule is not actually about using multiple toons to cause trouble. The point is that they can be exploited for donuts for the team and for honour, both of which give players who run multis an edge over the single player.

According to the game's rules, you should decide which account you'd prefer to keep, and request that support deactivate the other. Not knowing the rule until a month ago is not an excuse for you to still be running the multi today.

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

#48 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

I only did it once and stopped buying donuts. Would it better if I gave the account to a friend so that they can play the game or would that be a problem?

#49 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

As long as they don't have an existing account, and they change the password, that would be alright, provided it's a free and clear gift, not in exchnge for anything... though most players would probably prefer to make their own account so that they could name it what they liked...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#50 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:16 AM

I would never sell the account thats just wrong. Wouldnt that be the point in having a job? I chose a name I didnt like thought I would just delete it but I would let my friend play on it every now and then. But I'm still using it.

BTW I was wondering arent you guys making money when people buy donuts? If people keep joining and buying donuts wouldnt you guys be making money if some of the people make another account?

#51 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:26 AM

The company that owns the servers does make a small profit on donuts purchased, but they are the ones who set the rules, and multi-accounts, even for the express purpose of buying donuts, were deemed by them not to be a practice they would allow...

As such, they set the rule against that practice, and we as players agreed to follow those rules in order to gain access to the game.

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#52 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:56 AM

Great job explaining that AngelicaSynn.  I'm a one account per server kind of gal.  I think I instigate this kind of stuff.  Takes multi accounts to beat me! :P :ph34r:

#53 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:32 PM

Can you move your account to the other server like US1 US2 or US3?

#54 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

Can you move your account to the other server like US1 US2 or US3?

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you cannot. You will need to start a new account. 

#55 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

mkay thanks didnt know

#56 DPK

DPK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

You made a second account to get donuts. That gives you an edge on the player who has a single account. The aim of the no multis rule is to prevent players getting an unfair edge on other players. 

The point of the no-multis rule is not actually about using multiple toons to cause trouble. The point is that they can be exploited for donuts for the team and for honour, both of which give players who run multis an edge over the single player.

According to the game's rules, you should decide which account you'd prefer to keep, and request that support deactivate the other. Not knowing the rule until a month ago is not an excuse for you to still be running the multi today.

Why not take away the other accounts and unban the main? It's a game. Rulz are rulz though right? Listen to those who make this game money... Or there will be no mods for a game that is broke and can not operate.

Flame Master EST. 2003

#57 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

It IS a game... games have RULES... in this case the rules state that ONE account is allowed PER PLAYER per server. PERIOD.

And the rules also state that the player can request any one account they held to be re-instated.

Whether they do so or not, is entirely up to them.

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#58 DPK

DPK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

It IS a game... games have RULES... in this case the rules state that ONE account is allowed PER PLAYER per server. PERIOD.

YOUR right IT is A game. AND we ARE just PEOPLE. People MAKE mistakes... GET over IT!

Flame Master EST. 2003

#59 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Thank you for your understanding in this matter,

Now, we have procured a nice bridge over here, if you need shelter...

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#60 DPK

DPK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

No need for shelter... Your bridge has holes... 

Flame Master EST. 2003

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users