LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • World:US3
  • Character:Priscilla

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:51 AM

I think what should be remembered---is that this is a game.  Games should be fun.  When I played sports, we never had a person who played for an opposing team come play for us.  What is interesting, is when the top teams end up with multiple account holders on various teams.  I know it is tempting to do so, but I promise you playing it straight is much more fun.  When you play the game straight, your winnings you actually earned.  When you cheat---well you didn't earn jack.  When you use people for your own gain, your team runs from you.  The problem we have here is human nature.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to police human nature.  The nature of people online is to hide their lack of integrity.  I was on us2 and ended up on an alliance team that was focusing on taking down another alliance team.  I didn't feel comfortable in that type of play.  In that type of play I have found lies, cheating, manipulations, and people so proud and power hungry that they will sell out anyone to get what they want.

I can understand where the "support" or the moderators or whoever does the banning----are doing their best to police things.  My hopes are that they are not manipulated as well, but only go by the facts.  I also hope they are impartial---not favoring one group over another. 

Normally, I would just chock this up to being a game.  But here is the catch---I know how much money you people have put into this "game" because I have put the same amount in.  You have to find a way to play where you find the fun again.  My motto is friends are better than enemies.  Here is my opinion---talk to the people you are having an issue with.  Find some way to make a truce.  They can't force you to play their way.  You can't force them to play your way.  The strongest will survive---(me-- :D).

And moderators---seems like this feud is crossing over servers.  People will hate me for this---but it seems there needs to be a crack down on multiple accounts.  I was warned about it when I had my accounts restored.  That didn't bother me because I only have one account on each server.  Be kind to each other.  Play to win.  Play fair.  Don't be a cheat!

• Spitfire likes this

#22 Spitfire

Spitfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

Too bad it's not allowed to post names in here but ONE person who has started this whole game community *mess* and caused a terrible hostile game play is NOT the person who has been unruly banned. Unfortunately the part that was mentioning how and what happened has been removed from player123's last post. I figure by our moderators.

It's a shame that we are not able to discuss real issues here and people are suspended without any explaination whatsoever and those who are really behind this entire issue are  still here, playing and have been leading a top team on US3.

This person in particular has 'poisoned' both servers and a top team on US2 with wrong accusations towards the banned player to cover his own a** after he stole the log in information from another player who was absent for a while, for his own benefit in the honor race.

After he joined the new team alas most players on that top dark team apparently believed his 'story' and saw him falsely as a 'good guy' and pittied that he was the one who was mistreated.

This person and his cohorts have been spreading rumors and false information since months now, creating a hostile and unfriendly game community to a point where many are just fed up and quit.

What has happened is beyond words and is screaming for justice.

One can only hope that those who have created this fun game put an end to this and remove those people who are responsible for this turmoil.

Or, If they don't quit and leave themselves. Like poof! - Gone-with the wind....

#23 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • World:US2
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

It is a violation of a player's privacy to name names and discuss events of their banning on a forum, fair or not.  Player123 is assured of his/her own anonymity because they are not using their game name, nor do they say what it is. In fact the account was most likely to created for the soul purpose to come on here and rat on another account. At this point it is pretty much he said/she said. But I imagine you could private message the head moderator and they can relay your concerns upward for consideration. 

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#24 Spitfire

Spitfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

It is a violation of a player's privacy to name names and discuss events of their banning on a forum, fair or not. Player123 is assured of his/her own anonymity because they are not using their game name, nor do they say what it is. In fact the account was most likely to created for the soul purpose to come on here and rat on another account. At this point it is pretty much he said/she said. But I imagine you could private message the head moderator and they can relay your concerns upward for consideration.

Thanks are you a mod? Clearly you belong and talk for the instigators. Nevertheless injustice is wrong no matter what side you are on.

#25 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • World:US1

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

She is not a moderator but she is correct. The paragraph was removed because discussion of a ban is a violation of forum rules  - even though the player was defending the banned person. I pm'd the Player to explain - as we always do. 

We have in fact moderated this thread very lightly to allow as much freedom of speech as possible. 

Outright accusations of cheating are not allowed but discussion of "dirty tricks" does not breach forum rules. So far you're staying on the side of "dirty tricks". In allowing the discussion about the implications of multi-accounts and alternative ways to keep control of your team to air my hope is that the players will be better informed about the game and that the developers will understand their player base's concerns better. It's a tricky balancing act being a moderator.  If there's any point where you feel that we've got that balance wrong we do want to know - either we can fix it, or we can learn from it, or we can help you to understand why we've done what we did.   

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#26 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

I think it's difficult to not discuss cheating.  Because multiple accounts is cheating.  Using multiple accounts to gain control of the server is cheating.  I heard a rumor, and of course I cannot base it on facts---because it is a rumor.  But the rumor states that a certain person on the server holds at least 3 accounts on the same server with two of those accounts holding a leader position on two separate top teams and the third account holding an advisor position on a top team as well.  Not to mention---placing people in opposing teams strategically.  The people who know if this is true or not---will never turn in the multi account holder---because they themselves are multi account holders.  It's a vicious cycle unfortunately.  But it is the nature of the game.  People will cheat to get ahead.  I'm very proud of the fact that Sugar Rush and I never cheated to get ahead.  We held all our leads legitimately.  My advice, is look for teams that are legit.  If there are lots of people on the team with multi accounts----leave it quick.  Here is the kicker---there are lots of young people playing this game.  It is quite sad that the adults can't help the younger people to learn how to be good sportsmen. 

#27 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

I only have one hero and have no clue about anyone holding multiple accounts on the same server. I don't know how you would know unless that person told you.

#28 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

Oh yeah.  People will tell you........or tell someone else........

Believe me half the servers would be gone if they cracked down on this. 

Dark Mayhem?  And this is the first you are hearing about multi accounts---ok................. B)

Oh....by the way.....I never use donuts.....EVER......... :rolleyes:

#29 JacetheMindsculptorBeleren

JacetheMindsculptorBeleren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIce Ray Academy location hidden until all comatose magic users from there and "Another Game" wake up from in Fae

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

(This was cowritten by my character and Fuma Hanzo and both of us agreed to have this posted here.)

Aphrael the Child Goddess was standing in the Town Square watching a crowd argue back and forth about ethics, laws and the like in Humphreydale. It had been a day like any other and the only thing that broke her away from her daily routine was seeing all these fliers posted about a debate in Town Square. Curious to break the monotony of training and missions, she had decided to come downtown and watch as the two political factions ranted against one another. Aphrael the Child Goddess had hoped to hear more about a new competition system called League Wars, but nothing on the subject was mentioned.

Suddenly, her head began to ache and her eyes began to lose focus. Colors swirled around her. she looked around desperately for help when suddenly everything went black. Aphrael the Child Goddess slipped into a pitch void of nothingness in her mind................

As the two factions argued back and forth, a lone figure stepped out from the crowd and took the stage. Security quickly stepped forward to apprehend the perpetrator but she easily sidestepped and avoided each with a grace and agility that could only come from a lifetime of practice. Aphrael the Child Goddess grabbed the microphone and began to speak. All could see a hazy glaze over her eyes as she spoke, all the while avoiding the security that attempted to apprehend her as if it were child's play, dodging this way and that.

"Greetings." she said, her voice a dark, haunting rasp over the loudspeaker.

"I am the King of Thieves." she continued.

"I have taken over this citizen's mind and body that I might tell you what I know. I hear you speak of conspiracies where no conspiracies exist. My ear is to every wall. My eye over every shoulder. You tell of lies and plots to overthrow you. These lies you speak of I have not heard. I think they only exist in your mind.

"You have taken your alliance and, through honor manipulation and carefully blocking and managed to overthrow the long time dominance of Dark Mayhem. To this I say bravo. Using your tactics isn't, in my opinion, in the spirit of the game, but it isn't against the rules and I'm not one to tell another how they should or shouldn't play their hand. However we all know that we were all approached as to the sale of several top toons and a top team. But that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned."

"As to the theory that rumors and lies are being spread about you and has caused the server to turn on you, are you sure that's it? You did well against Dark Mayhem, using multiple teams to overthrow them. You have become what they once were............... Except that they were just one team while you still have several backing up your main team. "

"Now you wonder why the server has rallied against you. Is this not the same thing you yourselves did against Dark Mayhem? Why are you surprised when it happens to you? When you built an originally 5 team and now 6 team system, it wasn't a conspiracy. It was evolution. Now that you are getting the same in kind, this too isn't a conspiracy. It too is merely evolution. "

"So I have to wonder, why are you complaining about the evolution and the subsequent revolutions you started?"

Aphrael the Child Goddess smiled and winked, still dodging security, before suddenly collapsing unconscious...................

• Windwalker1971 likes this
Posted Image

Aphrael the Child Goddess is back in a new reincarnation.

#30 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

I play on my phone and have no way to participate in the chat. I don't talk so yes I have never heard anyone say I'm running multiple heroes on the same server. Never once. I have heard rumors but never directly and direct is the only thing I trust. I don't know how you would have the time? I play about 12 to 13 hours a day on my one.

#31 Jagan

Jagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of imagination
  • Team:Dark Mayhem
  • Character:Jagan

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

How do you play 12-13 hours and never communicate with your team? There is a chat on the phone as well. I seriously doubt a number #1 rated team gets there without talking to each other. 

“What would your good be doing if there were no evil, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”

― Mikhail Bulgakov, The Master and Margarita

#32 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

I can't without shutting down my phone after each post and most don't show up. So they mesage me any stradgey.

#33 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

I don't have issues with having other teams that work together with you to accomplish a goal.  As long as you aren't breaking any rules---so be it.  I personally don't do alliances because someone in the alliance is going to get screwed.  I am nice to people and they are nice back.  For me that works.  Also, my experience with alliances is that people get greedy, mean, manipulative, deceitful, and it causes lots of bad vibes.  Not enjoyable play to me.

But the whole multiple accounts thing----well the thing that irks me about that, is when people say "oh it's what all the top players do".  It is not what ALL the top players do.  There are some top players that play the game straight and deserve their winnings. 

People are always going hate the ones at the top.  And the ones at the top will always be looking over their shoulder---there will always be a target on your back when you are at the top.  That is why you shouldn't be moved by the haters or by booty kissers.  I got them both on a daily basis at the top.

But I have to laugh when top teams act like they know nothing of multiple accounts.  It's just like winning the villain fight and saying "no your honor, I never used one donut in that fight".   We are all thinking "YEAH RIGHT".  Difference is---the donuts are not against the rules.......

:P

Would love to see people play the game and win on their abilities.  Not be so greedy that they gotta cheat to win.

I heard about someone trying to BUY a team on the us3 server.  Talk about hard up for a game!  You know you can say no to these people.

Never thought I'd say this but I liked the Aphrael & Fuma story.  Very creative

Also--this is an important discussion.  It crosses server boundaries---and probably is causing some people ulcers.  I have no vested interest in the war that goes on between the "two groups".  I am Sugar Rush and Naked Heroes.  We play clean and work to be stronger than you.  Makes for a fun game!  You people need to have more fun.  Relax.  Go make friends with your enemies.  Stop cheating---do your training.  Training sucks---but it solves the need to cheat.  Be fun people. :P :P

Sheesh---I would even make nice nice with Fuma just to prove it could be done.....

----adding a side note-----  I think the "group of teams" we are discussing here has a specific issue.  From what I have read and heard, I think their issue is that they feel they are either being targeted by the "powers that be" of the game---or they feel that the teams that are targeting them are receiving preferential treatment from the "powers that be" of the game.  Or a combo of both.  Which if true, would be quite unfair either way.

#34 JacetheMindsculptorBeleren

JacetheMindsculptorBeleren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIce Ray Academy location hidden until all comatose magic users from there and "Another Game" wake up from in Fae

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

As Aphrael the Child Goddess was being wheeled to an ambulance on a stretcher by EMTs, the crowd began to argue once more. When suddenly, Aphrael sits up, her glazed over eyes wide open. The EMTs were suddenly caste aside by an unknown force and all looked in the direction of the commotion. Almost mechanically, she turned her head to one of the debators and began to speak. The voice of Fuma Hanzo, Ninja Lord and King of Thieves, rang loudly from her vocal cords.

"I see Star Alliance I have attacked us. I wonder, is this retaliation for my words here? The attack set came ON the hour and on an hour not common to most. I cannot fathom that such a thing would happen w/o prior knowledge, and so I must assume you have planted a spy in our ranks. Don't worry though. I don't really care. I'm not going to have a meltdown and kick everyone off my team. That would be the realm of a lesser individual. No. I'll just continue to use them as the meatshields they are. So your source of information is still safe and will likely continue to be. I just find it petty and bratty, but hillarious, none the less."

"As far as preferential treatment goes by the "powers that be". I have two friends who are mods. I don't get specal treatment other than a source of information about what I can and can't do. I've even been dealt repercussions for things I have done. So attempting to caste your conspiracy theories around is interestingly humorous, especially when you throw them at mods. It's almost as though the one who is claiming conspiracy is the biggest conspirator of all and is just sore their own tactics are now used against them."

Almost immediately after she stopped speaking, an aura of peacefulness washed out from her over all those gathered around which gradually began purging all thoughts of betrayal and treachery from the true heroes among them. One of the EMT's took her hand and in a soft whisper said,"Rest my sister. The time is not yet when thy powers and abilities ye set aside shall be restored fully. Thou has madest thy point to these here even if I know fullest aware that yonder Fuma Hanzo could have asked ye politely but in this world I assurest that he shall be of no threat to either thee or myself."

Posted Image

Aphrael the Child Goddess is back in a new reincarnation.

#35 Windwalker1971

Windwalker1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Team:Rowdy Rebels
  • World:US8
  • Character:Windwalker

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

It's almost as though the one who is claiming conspiracy is the biggest conspirator of all and is just sore their own tactics are now used against them."

Couldn't have said it better myself! 

#36 LittleOne

LittleOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:52 AM

I think bad treatment fuels bad feelings.  And I am the one who stated the thing about whether one person is being treated more fairly than another.  You can throw labels at who you want, but my conscience is clear.  I treat everyone well.  I don't have multiple accounts.  I play a fair and clean game.  AND my team has housed many a player who was  mistreated by their team and saw these type of practices.  It is what happens when your team is a haven for the mistreated.  I think the reason there is a lot of finger pointing is cuz a lot of people are playing this type of game and want the finger pointed any where else besides them. 

What should come from this talk:

1== Is "Management, Admin, Moderators" treating all players and teams equally.  No harm in looking at this.  If it is all fair that is AWESOME.  But people are human and humans make mistakes and do wrong things from time to time.   And Power does have the ability to corrupt.  Not saying that it is happening.  But if it isn't, then there should be no harm in shining a light on it.

2==Are people cheating.  Also fair to look at.

3==Are we being good sportsman.  Take a look at your own team and decide that.

And please remember---children play here too.  So act like you have a lick of sense please.

I was actually just able to get thru that last story.  And folks puleeeze---I'm not here to be on anyone's side---but if a team attacks you-----just enjoy the fight.  Good Lord, just say no to whiners and bullies.  You know which one you are..........  If everyone would be like me----the world would be a better place B)

#37 Inbreaddarlin

Inbreaddarlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Team:Drunken Degenerates
  • Character:Inbreaddarlin

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

I wasn't talking about you Little One and that "thinking it's hilarious" is enjoying it. But it's still petty to get on the forums, call everyone else "crybabies" and then attack someone out of spite, but again, still hilarious. oh.... and as far as picking sides goes........... I'm on the same side as everyone else, my own

#38 Player123

Player123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Star Alliance teams us2 have had 12 players banned today, not sure the total number due to someone turning in a complaint that they are a multiaccount.  This mass banning is from we believe a complaint from a player that is making up this accusation, grouping together a string of names to cause all of these accounts to be banned. The leaders of team 2, team 3, team 4 and team 5 were in the banned group which has paralyzed our teams as these are the main battle setters and planners.

We don't believe that there was any evidence presented to show such a relationship, no IP address checks were done to confirm this, this is just more of the harassment and targeting that is ongoing against our team since we moved into 1st place.  Now the ownership of the teams is in jeopardy, to hand over the investment to whoever gets elected new leader.  The leaders are locked out and away from their thousands of dollar spent on their teams.  We do not feel that this is fair play, and any way to run a business.

• CuteKitten and Boobear like this

#39 CuteKitten

CuteKitten

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

I honestly dont think its fair to just ban people if someone says something is bad. The mods should ask for proof and talk to the ones being blamed. Does it really matter if someone has another account? Maybe they just want to help a team out and so they make another account. Unless there using there second or more accounts for harm then you guys need more proof. Because another account is helpful if its in the right person's hand.

It's not fair that support can ban people indiscriminately, for no reason other than someone makes up a delusional complaint.

Some of the people I have met have become like family to me. Its just not fair.

• Boobear likes this

#40 Boobear

Boobear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

It is only appropriate to ban someone from the game only once you have completed an investigation to prove they have multiple accounts. I just made this forum account, as I am getting a bit frustrated. I have one account...you can check....and have purchased many donuts. It would be nice to have fair game play. No matter what team you are....If there is an accusation of having multiple accounts, this should legitimately be investigated prior to "the Ban."

This is supposed to be a fun game. Moderators, I encourage you to do a proper investigation to determine if the accusations are true or false.

If the accusation is false: Ban the person making the false accusation and restore the falsely accused to the game.

If the accusation is true: Then ban the person (and all identities) attached to the multi-person player.

However, it would be reasonable that if there is a leader banned (from any team), it would be only appropriate to allow the team to choose a new leader as to not stall or limit the team's game play as a whole.

• CuteKitten likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users