Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Team:Heroes Inc
  • World:US4
  • Character:Reign

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Now im not saying this cause Im greedy but I think that if there is some kind of incentive for people to start using this forum they might start using it more. I think that if you credited users donuts(donatable donuts) for achievements in the forum that the forum would really start to get a lot of use. Again I'm not saying this cause I feel like I deserve anything I just want more people on the forum so we can start to develope more diologue and discuss what and where the game could go so Hero Zero can move forward. I think that this will be a great asset for Hero Zero.

I think that just 5 donuts would be enought to get a bunch of people to join.

Please Like this if you agree and suggestions are always welcome.
  • caprica and DaJamalam like this

#2 caprica

caprica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Team:Darkwing
  • World:US1
  • Character:Caprica

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

the forum is being read a lot, actually, but ppl are shy of registering extra. you usually dont have to sign up at all for kong games.
heroes is asking that procedure twice. so many read, fewer of which post than normal
Save the Cheesecake - Save the World

#3 Capernicus

Capernicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Yeah I've noticed how many people are reading the posts but I think that getting them to register is the main hurtle so I think that donuts would do it. I also think that if you level up for posting and forum activity then it would make since that you would get donuts for that as well because it will encourage more to post rather than just registering and reading. Maybe it could just be a one time weekly deal just to get the forum popping but I think that this is something that will really help if we just get the forum going because once they start suggesting things it will inspire new ideas from me and other people.

The 5 donut reward is guranteed to pull plenty of people in especially if it is advertised.

Please like if you agree and suggestions are welcome.
  • DaJamalam likes this

#4 caprica

caprica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

i must admit i hate the idea of donut incentive. the forum is valuable enough without. just the hurdle is in the way.
imagine the spam, the bumps, the trash posts, the multi-account abusing -- the fight over a post is deleted, since it means cash...

youre actually putting a dollar value to forum posts! no way.

btw:.... would I get some too? :D

#5 DaJamalam

DaJamalam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

The fourm is for people who like the game , I agree Caprica. We do not want people spamming on the fourm to complete a fourm chanelnge. If the fourm did that , this fourm would be hell. Even know you idear is good Capernicus , it needs expanding a bit.

How about you can only make.. 10 posts a day? I would say that thats pretty stupid , but its an idear :)

#6 caprica

caprica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

jamstors, are you trying to get extra donuts for posting with huge fonts? ;)
  • Maximum likes this

#7 Capernicus

Capernicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

I completely agree with you but I think that if it is even possible to provide this incentive that it would help. There must be a way where this is possible. I understand that there are issues with implementing this that is why I post things; I want to work these issues out. So I appreciate edits and other suggestions. If you disagree with the idea of incentive all together thats fine but I don't think you do. We are on this forum all the time and we spend a lot of time posting to help the developers make this game better and to help the other gamers to have more fun in an appropriate manner. But we spend a good deal of time on these forums and I feel that since we are providing a service that gives developers ideas as well as insight as to how the players feel on different topics. I feel that this has value and that since it has value it would be fair to give donuts which have value in exchange. And yes, Caprica I feel you of all people should be eligible for these donuts because you do this not because you want donuts but rather because you are a true gamer and care about the game's development.

Like this if you agree and suggestions are always welcome.
  • DaJamalam likes this

#8 caprica

caprica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

if they indeed manage to
a) link the forum better from the game
B) combine with the uk forum
c) actually manage to link game/forum accounts....
i think we're rocking!

we do a lot, sure, but there have been mods and gamers before us that have done even more, not a single nut provided.
even the devs dont get extra nuts :D.
we benefit by making the game more fun for us to play and growing the community we enjoy our game in.
  • DaJamalam and Capernicus like this

#9 DaJamalam

DaJamalam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

jamstors, are you trying to get extra donuts for posting with huge fonts? ;)

Nah :) I just do large fonts when I don't have much text in my post , such as this one :D

#10 Capernicus

Capernicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

I'm not saying that it has to be donuts, but if they dont connect it I think that this is a decent alternative. Idk this is just a thought but I think its a good idea. Thanks for the input, I want more topics to be discussed like this.

If you have any other ideas please suggest them I know my idea is flawed but with more input we can make it more probable and if you don't then state your case and advocate what you think is a good idea.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Please like this if you agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users