Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPhuket
  • World:US1

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to help this forum to be more active, cause right now that a bit calm... :P

So, I'm asking your help and wana know what you would like to have on forum ? don't be shy ! :D

• unnie and Sashaxe like this

#2 incredible9

incredible9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Team:paragon
  • Character:incredible9

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

shoutbox for sure

• A T R, Funnette and issz like this

#3 A T R

A T R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn my cloud.
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:ATR

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

I double the chat type system shoutbox thing.

And a HeroZero Radio.

More features like the new recent interviews,

wall of fame each servers greatest innovators suggesters game players ( So even if they leave the game they are remembered),

A section for recipes ( not all of them have to be doughnuts)

Oh and why not add a link in the game to the corresponding servers forum?

I'd also rather like a G&T.
  • Funnette likes this

#4 Blood Queen

Blood Queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

​I don't know about everyone else, but im tired of spending 1-3 hours on a villain that NEVER finishes. The last villain that I saw finish, was the Grinch, with 1/3 life STARTING. 

I'm also tired of seeing nothing but negative (-) stat clothes even after using donuts for "new goods"

:angry:  What a waste  :angry: 

#5 StJoan

StJoan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

If you want an active forum you have to lighten up as moderators. If you delete everything that isn't totally game-related, or move it to off-topic you send users the message that this isn't a forum for a community, just a question-and-answer venue. They will get that message and move elsewhere. 

I used to moderate an active game forum with literally thousands of users worldwide, Sometimes the "latest posts" feed was so fast it was impossible to monitor everything. moderators had to take different sections just to stay on top of it. That was because we let things lighten up. Criticism of the company was not allowed but criticism of individual decisions *was* - sometimes long threads ran of criticisms. The company understood that this was how to make the game more responsive to the players and it allowed them to respond. The players vented their frustration and stayed playing. It was actually good for the game.

The Devs ran regular competitions with prizes that were worth something. That pulled players in. Role playing, fanart, and other community related sections were actively encouraged. Feuds between teams grew and flourished in the PVP section - that made competitions more about team pride and encouraged spending. The game benefitted from the forum. The players I know kept playing because the forum made it interesting... there were nights I did nothing but chat *about* the game... 

• Rikki, SuzieX, LittleOne and 2 others like this

#6 envy

envy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

have forum events, so people will come to win stuff

• Despaira likes this

#7 Funnette

Funnette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPhuket

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

actually we just have it and we didn't have much people  :(

#8 RAIVEN

RAIVEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:01 AM

I don't want to have to point out the obvious but 30 donuts are not a big incentive to participate. 

#9 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationThe Polar Circle
  • World:US2
  • Character:unnie (retired)

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

I don't want to have to point out the obvious but 30 donuts are not a big incentive to participate. 

It should be - getting 30 donuts for practically nothing, in this case. It really should.

Anyhow all this feedback in this thread, we do welcome it with open arms - and take everything into consideration. Thank you.

Team Supervisor - Hero Zero U.S.

Having trouble with your Flash player - or plagued by the Sweating sickness?

Contact Game Support here!

#10 leapinglizard

leapinglizard

Bested the bandit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Team:Dark mayhem
  • Character:leapinglizard

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

30 donuts?

#11 PostmodernPugilist

PostmodernPugilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

30 donuts?

30 donuts was the prize for the forum competition. You had to take a picture of your christmas tree with your name and server written on a piece of paper held "by" it/near it.

Let me talk about why I didn't do that competition, because it might help you plan a future competition.

1) The prize - really wasn't the biggest thing, but seeing as I buy donuts every month 30 donuts worked out as not worth my while in terms of time.

2) The "bit of paper"... now I could fairly easily have taken a picture and posted it with my name and server underneath. But the paper meant I needed to go to extra effort, then line it up in a way that coudl be readable without spoiling the tree... for a prize I wasn't really interested in. At this point it tipped into "too much effort" and I went away.

3) The really strict "no you can't add the name and server digitally" rule and the rudeness with which that was enforced. Honestly, it made no sense at all to me to have such a rigid strict rule. I can see that you wanted to prevent digital enhancement of a tree (although why I didn't understand see point 4) ... but really rudimentary eyesight could tell me that the tree hadn't been enhanced just the name added in. The strictness and the tone of the moderator's comments made me angry. So I thought "why bother, they don't really want entries". I'm not saying this to have a go, I am reflecting honestly on why I didn't participate in hopes that you can plan better next time.

4) There was a total lack of creativity in the competition. Just photograph a tree. A tree that already exists over which I have little to no influence as I live with other people. I had no investment, nothing to prove... I didn't want to enter the contest because I couldn't put anything of myself into it. Even the prospect of a high chance of winning due to the low turnout didn't tempt me. (this ties back to 30 donuts not being a big enough incentive when I buy approx 1000 a month).

Here are some possibilities I would be interested in

1) Best costume: Screenshot your hero wearing clothes from the HZ store put together to create the best "look" - the great thing about the sewing machine is that you could assemble a pretty wide ranging set of looks without messing your stats up. You could have sub-categories like "best Christmas" "sexiest look" etc - set it up with 2 big sections "digitally enhanced" and "completely unenhanced" and you give the photoshop artists a chance to shine too - you'll get more takers if people have to put something into it of themselves.

2) Best Role-play/Fan Fic - set a word limit and invite people to submit a story about their character in the HZ world. Fanfiction is huge across the internet. Right now you have playing some really good writers - I know cos I've read their stories in other places - and I'd bet there'll be great writers I've never read playing.

3) Best poem/ Haiku - set a much shorter word limit and see the creativity of your players again.

4) Best toon description - you know the players' description of themselves on their profile - screenshot that and vote on which is funniest/scariest/ most inventive - lots of players use punctuation marks to make pictures have a category for which is the best of those.

5) Valentine's day being only 6 weeks away or something you could do a "blind date" thing - Best "Dating Profile" . Invite Players to submit their toon's blind date profile and vote on who you'd most want to date.

As far as prizes: I'd be more interested in something unique like a gear item not available in the store. Something with good stats for the level but which looks cool too so I can keep the image via the sewing machine after I upgrade the gear item. Ideally make the sewing machine option a cash rather than donut one so the free players can keep the bragging rights... maybe make it have a different coloured background - like the purple for epic and blue for rare - gold for "WINNNER" would be cool and would mean other players would know it was a prize. Or a hat that was a crown. you get the idea...
Or a bigger donut payout that would work too ;-)
  • Rikki, cullina and King of Thieves like this

Pinken Stein: The Postmodern Pugilist, Ex-Moderator

Proud leader of Turbulence (till I can find some other mug to take the job off my hands)

Ask Aunty Pink: Hero Zero's PREMIER Agony Advice Column. http://forum.us.hero...pink/#entry3602

In Memoriam: Russ Smith, Gone but never forgotten 

#12 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

"Femme Fatale"-in training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Team:Heroes Anonymous
  • World:US4
  • Character:QuTiPy

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:21 PM

A good many of us played another now sun-setted game ... one of the best features of their forum was a section where one could write and/or collaborate fan fiction based on their character... it might improve forum usage here if such a section were included, where 'role-play' (in character)could be produced without being moved to another section as being out of context... I personally wrote 15 stories about my SHC character and have had ideas for a cross-over story to link my current HZ character into that story chain.

Turbulence Rulez!! 

Turbo for LIFE!

AS

• Despaira likes this

My new character....
 IROLnBu.png

#13 stevetheone

stevetheone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Team:Turbulence
  • Character:stevetheone

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

I want to be able to rant, rave, tell people I'm the biggest, best and most loved in this whole game, and I'd like people to be able to say they disagree with my opinion,without worrying about it being a breach of rules. 

• leapinglizard likes this

#14 Despaira

Despaira

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Team:Den of Legions
  • Character:Despaira

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

Hero Zero is a fun game with a lot of potential. One very important tool that Hero Zero is missing is a Facebook Application Page. This powerful marketing tool draws in more players by allowing current members to share updates about the game on their personal Facebook pages. This useful device allows the developers to reach a wider audience when announcing incentives and innovations. By attracting more people to "Like" the Facebook Application Page Hero Zero will be able to draw more people to participate in forum events. If Hero Zero is going to keep up with its competitors it will have to do what everyone else is doing and avail itself of a Facebook Application Page as soon as possible. 

2qtzr7t.gif

#15 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:07 AM

Hero Zero is a fun game with a lot of potential. One very important tool that Hero Zero is missing is a Facebook Application Page. This powerful marketing tool draws in more players by allowing current members to share updates about the game on their personal Facebook pages. This useful device allows the developers to reach a wider audience when announcing incentives and innovations. By attracting more people to "Like" the Facebook Application Page Hero Zero will be able to draw more people to participate in forum events. If Hero Zero is going to keep up with its competitors it will have to do what everyone else is doing and avail itself of a Facebook Application Page as soon as possible. 

Hi there,

This actually exists already. If you play through fb, you can let your friends see whenever you've won a duel, completed a mission or won a team fight, etc.

• Despaira likes this

#16 Despaira

Despaira

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Team:Den of Legions
  • Character:Despaira

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

That is not a Facebook Application Page which does not satisfy all the available options but the information is very helpful thank you, moderator unnie. That is a great option true, but that is also something other games already offer. In order to compete you not only have to keep up with the others you have to surpass them. This is not a slight at all, just an observation. I have come to really enjoy playing Hero Zero.  

• unnie likes this

2qtzr7t.gif

#17 Blood Queen

Blood Queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

Personally Id like to see more (+) items especially if I'm using donuts on those mystery boxes. Its been weeks since I've seen a decent + item that was in the double digits mostly plus 1-3s which arent worth money.

Also, I try to do those surveys and I its as if its one NEVER ending survey, meaning I get no donuts for wasting my time. You also get zero donuts even if you fill out most of the survey but oops you were disqualified for something...thanks for playing and here's a kick in the ass back.

There are also no phone apps for my type of phone (galaxy 3)  so all those apps are pointless.

#18 unnie

unnie

Team member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Personally Id like to see more (+) items especially if I'm using donuts on those mystery boxes. Its been weeks since I've seen a decent + item that was in the double digits mostly plus 1-3s which arent worth money.

Also, I try to do those surveys and I its as if its one NEVER ending survey, meaning I get no donuts for wasting my time. 

There are also no phone apps for my type of phone (galaxy 3)  so all those apps are pointless.

About the surveys - they've got own Support services, that might be able to credit you what you're owed. This is a problem in many countries, sadly. The phone apps should work on your phone, since I've got almost the same one, depending of course on what version of the operating system you are using.

Furthermore, regarding more items with + stats, is a well known thing, and we thank you for your input nevertheless. All feedback, suggestions and opinions of this sort are noted and forwarded to the respective departments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users