• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Team:The Anti Heroes
  • World:US1
  • Character:McJoker

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Hi there,

generally I have no real issues with the game, have a great team, and enjoy playing when I have the time.

However, when I actually spend the time and coins (for the Energy Refills) to complete a Special Event Mission, I do NOT expect to find a mere 7 items within a 2-day time period where 35 are needed (I had about 20 prior to that). I realize it's random, however when I'm using about 400+ energy to run missions of a 4 energy average, that's a lousy method.

I was actually looking forward to getting Slimer, as I grew up with the movie Ghostbusters...and therefore invested a lot of time, and the 'hard-earned' coins I usually use to increase my character's stats. The rest of my team followed my advise and managed to complete their missions a day prior...so yes, I have an idea of how it should work. If I hadn't had the time, and missed out because of that, it wouldn't be an issue.

As it is now though, I'm not looking forward to Special Event Missions anymore, since it doesn't make sense to invest time into something apparently randomly unachievable. So you've taken a player who was willing to put a bit more effort into playing during events, and ensured that he'll merely just 'pop in' if and when he has the time.

Might want to rethink the calculations on the randomness.

• JeffGordon likes this

Insanity, another form of professionalism!

#2 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Stop whining and next time buy 50% mission booster if you have that much time and so many troubles with the event. A friend who is 30lvl with only a few zones open and a lower booster managed to finish it without a problem, didn't even spend all energy every day, not even close. You just have to constantly look in every city for missions.

• RemyEtienneLeBeau likes this

#3 Stalemate

Stalemate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:Mortalgaiden

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

it is tedious but was meant to be man if you don't want to put the effort in then don't, but don't complain if they make it difficult its pretty good pet and they needed to make it semi difficult in my opinion and heck I got mine on day 2 if you couldn't then you probably were not trying to hard. All I can really say is its difficult but you figure that out as you play. By the way the strat to get it and all those items was do short missions when you had no item ones and keep doing it till you found an items worked really easy for me just a time thing really, Or if you had allot of donuts you could just burn them on zone mission refreshes. Sorry you couldn't do it man good luck next time.

#4 McJoker

McJoker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Team:The Anti Heroes
  • Character:McJoker

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Wow...quite presumptuous of both of you. And it might be a good idea to understand what you read before you add your 2 cents worth.

@ lucy: Good for your friend. I'm honestly glad for everyone that did manage to make it without much effort. If you had paid attention, you would have noticed that I know what I was doing...yes, one looks in every city, plays a low-energy mission if nothing is there in order to refresh the missions, and checks each city again. FYI, there is a difference between whining and complaining...learn it before accusing someone of the former. Actually, here...just for you:

Complaining involves voicing fair and legitimate dissatisfactions with the goal of attaining a resolution or remedy. When we voice legitimate dissatisfactions but do so without the goal of attaining a resolution we are merely venting. And when the dissatisfactions we voice are trivial or inconsequential and not worthy of special attention, we are whining.

@ Stalemate: You also seem not to comprehend what you read. I don't mind putting the effort into special events, and I am aware that it is difficult. Yes, it was a pretty good pet and one I was actually looking forward to for multiple reasons. Which is why I put even more effort into it than any prior Special Mission. Good on you for getting yours on day 2. Seriously. Like I mentioned to lucy and in my original post, I know how the game is played and what has to be done...and generally have no issue what-so-ever with it. I provided my team with the strategy...so yes, I know the strategy, and they were thankfully successful due to that. I didn't use donuts to refresh, I use the coins (have plenty to do this). My issue was that with all of the energy refills and all of the zone mission refresh burns for two straight days (yes, I did it every day of the Special Mission...everything but the last 15 of 35 traps had been finished) it still wasn't possible. 7 traps in two days using the strategy we surely don't have to cover again...still sound like a decent randomness calcualtion to you?

Before anyone else decides to put their uninformed 2 cents in. I had sent the original message as a simple complaint to support and was requested to put it in the forums:

We are very thankful for all the suggestions from our players. Your opinion is very important, we can learn with our players needs and requests in order to make our game even better.

However we are receiving many suggestions from players and it’s almost impossible to implement all of them. In order to avoid repeated suggestions and to allow other players to express their opinions we recommend to post in our forum so we and others can appreciate your suggestions.

You can find the appropriated section in our forum:

http://forum.us.hero....php?/forum/10-

Thank you for contacting us.

So, as I stated in my original post, I have lost interest in bothering with the Special Missions...and since the above seems to be the only response I'll be getting, this company has lost a paying customer. I'll still play as time permits, mostly because I really like my teammates, and enjoy chatting with them when I have the time.

See...not whining. Complained -> Determined there will be no solution or other attainable goal -> Complaint turns into Venting -> Provided Solution from my point of view -> Done.

• JeffGordon likes this

Insanity, another form of professionalism!

#5 willow

willow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

McJoker is right, this special mission was incrediably difficult. I know many people, myself included, where it came down to the last day if not hours before all the items were collected. I play an average of 14 hours a day and still had a difficult time with it. @lucy, if your level 30 friend was able to complete the entire event in 2 days, good for them. I don't know how they were able to complete all the training units in 2 days unless they burnt through donuts. I don't really care how they did it. @lucy and @Stalemate, people are entitled to their own opinions and McJoker was just expressing his. I don't know what god complex the two of you have for attacking someone for expressing their discontent but get over yourselves and get a life.
  • McJoker likes this

#6 lastborn

lastborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

The way I look at it, it should have been handled like the other difficult missions and an extension granted.  I came down to the last hour on mine after going through each zone over and over again while finishing small missions to refresh.  An extension of the event would have been better than putting Slimer in the special store for $13 and having to spend another $26 on the entire set of Ghostbuster items.  

• McJoker likes this

#7 Stalemate

Stalemate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:Mortalgaiden

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

I will say I'm sorry to the post from earlier really didn't want it to come off as rude or mean but it dose to an extent. However please put in such info as later posted because if you look at it with only the information provided its comes off more as just complaining, if their is a next time.

#8 lucy

lucy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Team:Chaos
  • Character:lucyliu

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Well, next time try harder, for any difficulties contact the support, and as for my comment I just replied what I honestly thought. The events should be even tougher because the rewards are pretty great compared to usual. Better luck next time.

#9 Doof

Doof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Team:Born Legacy
  • Character:Doofensmirtz

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Everyone has their own opinion based on their perceptions--McJoker was just expressing his.

• Geejay and willow like this

When it comes to havoc, no one wreaks like me!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Special Event, Missions, Reset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users