• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yuck

Yuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

I play on Kongregate and my TV hasn't worked for weeks.  So the idea of another goofy thing (the remote) that doesn't work isn't very appealing to me.  But constantly having players spam my mailbox with their battery requests is very annoying and pretty dumb.

So, how about you put a check mark box in the request tab of the mail to allow alerts for battery requests to notify you or NOT.  When I check my mail - BECAUSE I HAVE MAIL - then I can decide what to do with these things that don't help me at all.

Better yet, just remove the remote altogether.  Or give people a 'block/deny all requests' button or something.

How is this a good idea?  You are not encouraging people to chat - if anything you are making the mailbox something that is now constantly full of stuff that you don't want to read...and teammates are pasting their link to whatever (I can't login there) all the time in the chat.  How does that encourage us to communicate with each other?  

How is that fun?

Games are supposed to be fun...I get spam in the real world.  Thanks, but no thanks.

• Excrucio likes this

#2 Excrucio

Excrucio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • World:US1
  • Character:Excrucio

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I agree.  An option to block/deny all would be nice.  I already get enough useless spam from other players as it is.

#3 Vigilance

Vigilance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:Vigilance

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

I personally like the new remote feature since the TV ads don't work at all for me anymore, yet the remote seems to be working fine, and I see there is a filter from friends only.

However, I do think it would be handy to have a choice to deny all requests completely or tweak the alert function---at least for those players that don't wish to have this feature enabled at all.

#4 mogiks

mogiks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

I also play on Kongregate and it's very annoying missing out on most of the benefits of this feature while still getting all the downsides like the constant spam of battery requests from players I don't even know. Kong users can't use the friend list, can't click the "only show requests from friends" button, can't send requests to friends, can't send batteries through the links... the only way we can get batteries is to spam our links in team chat or mails and hope someone who plays from the main site clicks on them. Please at least work out a better way for Kongregate players to get batteries and deal with battery spam. I am not unbinding my account because I have friends from other teams who I talk to in the Kong chatbox.

It would be nice if you also got something in return for sending someone batteries. If you did, I wouldn't mind getting requests from players I don't know.

#5 Geejay

Geejay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Team:Dark Wing
  • Character:Geejay

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

How about if the batteries are "send and receive" instead of just send?  That way the people on Kongregate stand a chance of getting batteries too.

Edited to add - or it could be "send and request"

#6 MrClean

MrClean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Team:The Crimson Knights
  • Character:MrClean

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

I don't play on Kongregate but I can see that argument and it's very valid.  I think there should be a send/request as well for Kongregate players and players for the other ways to play. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users